PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane v Geelong

LostDoggy
10-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Will be an interesting game, with Geelong's injuries.

Cameron Ling, Matthew Scarlett, Matthew Egan, Brad Ottens, Steve Johnson, James Kelly, Darren Milburn, Josh Hunt, Gary Ablett and Travis Varcoe.

Rocco Jones
10-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Egan hasn't played for nearly 2 seasons and looks likely to never play again, so I don't think they are really missing him.

I think that Stevie J, GAJ, Scarlett and Ottens are their four most valuable players and Ling isn't far off. Kelly and Milburn on that of that makes it a huge list of outs. Apparently Harry Taylor might also pull out. I think the Lions are favourites.

chef
10-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Will be an interesting game, with Geelong's injuries.

Cameron Ling, Matthew Scarlett, Matthew Egan, Brad Ottens, Steve Johnson, James Kelly, Darren Milburn, Josh Hunt, Gary Ablett and Travis Varcoe.

I still couldn't tip the Lions for some reason.

dog town
10-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I contemplated tipping the lions then looked at the cats midfield and couldn't do it. I reckon the swans are a good tip this week. Back at the SCG against the dons young running machine. I am 1 off the lead at work so im hoping for a big round.

The Coon Dog
10-07-2009, 05:50 PM
If you were Brisbane, surely you'd have to fancy your chances in a game earlier on you would have crossed off in all likelihood.

aker39
10-07-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm pissed off actually. This has an effect on us. We don't want Brisbane to win and they certainly have a much better chance now. But in saying that, Geelong derserved there right to rest players if they want, just spewing it may have an effect on us.

Mantis
10-07-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm pissed off actually. This has an effect on us. We don't want Brisbane to win and they certainly have a much better chance now. But in saying that, Geelong derserved there right to rest players if they want, just spewing it may have an effect on us.

We have a handy break in terms of games & percentage on the chasing pack so our destiny is in our own hands.

We just have to keep winning.

aker39
10-07-2009, 06:04 PM
We have a handy break in terms of games & percentage on the chasing pack so our destiny is in our own hands.

We just have to keep winning.

Absolutely.

If we keep winning, it won't matter 1 iota what Brisbane (or any other club below us) do, but the pessimistic bulldog supporter in me is coming out.

Mantis
10-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Absolutely.

If we keep winning, it won't matter 1 iota what Brisbane (or any other club below us) do, but the pessimistic bulldog supporter in me is coming out.

I think it's about time we all gave pessimistic bulldog the arse and replaced him with confident (even slightly arrogant) bulldog.

I know we have all been stung in the arse a few too many times, but we now support a bloody good team and I am confident in it's ability to produce the goods.

Rocco Jones
10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
I think it's about time we all gave pessimistic bulldog the arse and replaced him with confident (even slightly arrogant) bulldog.

I know we have all been stung in the arse a few too many times, but we now support a bloody good team and I am confident in it's ability to produce the goods.

Yep. I would prefer Geelong's confidence to be eroded, even if it is slightly, than the Lions to drop 4 points.

LostDoggy
10-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Lions to win by 27pts. Should be a cracking game..Sunday 1.10pm Foxtel game I think - looking forward to it.

chef
10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Lions to win by 27pts. Should be a cracking game..Sunday 1.10pm Foxtel game I think - looking forward to it.

The game is on Saturday night.

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Awesome that's how much I've been paying attention this week I'll watch it this sat night then!

bulldogtragic
11-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Will be paying close attention now too.

Rocco Jones
11-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Mackie is a late exclusion.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-07-2009, 07:10 PM
If Geelong win this one, I'll never watch another game of football.

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Brisbane looking to take this one.

Happy Days
12-07-2009, 03:40 AM
Noticed it at the VFL a few weeks ago, and it proved itself true again tonight;

Geelong have no depth.

Go_Dogs
12-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Noticed it at the VFL a few weeks ago, and it proved itself true again tonight;

Geelong have no depth.

When 6 or 7 players come out of a side, of course it will get exposed. Depth is mainly a myth now anyway, because lists get turned over so frequently you don't often get situations where you have decent back up performers and keep them on the list. It is much more favorable to trade out the decent performers and use draft picks to secure the next 200 game player.

Geelong's depth is still much better than most, especially when you consider some of the names who didn't play last night:

Ablett
Steve Johnson
Ottens
Scarlett
Ling
Mackie
Kelly
Milburn
Varcoe

Fair list.

Happy Days
13-07-2009, 02:45 AM
When 6 or 7 players come out of a side, of course it will get exposed. Depth is mainly a myth now anyway, because lists get turned over so frequently you don't often get situations where you have decent back up performers and keep them on the list. It is much more favorable to trade out the decent performers and use draft picks to secure the next 200 game player.

Geelong's depth is still much better than most, especially when you consider some of the names who didn't play last night:

Ablett
Steve Johnson
Ottens
Scarlett
Ling
Mackie
Kelly
Milburn
Varcoe

Fair list.

Point taken, but who would you rather have in the magoos? Addison, Everitt, etc., all who could easily step up to AFL footy, or what Geelong have in Djekurra, Gamble, or any of the host of second-stringers who severly struggled on Saturday night.

I think they were too hasty in trading away Prismall and Callan, as well as disposing of Davenport.

Mantis
13-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Point taken, but who would you rather have in the magoos? Addison, Everitt, etc., all who could easily step up to AFL footy, or what Geelong have in Djekurra, Gamble, or any of the host of second-stringers who severly struggled on Saturday night.

Both of these players have been dropped this year due to poor performances. I don't think your statement is true.

I think they were too hasty in trading away Prismall and Callan, as well as disposing of Davenport.

Salary cap issues as well as these players wanting more opportunities meant Geelong had no option, but to trade these players away.

mighty_west
13-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Both of these players have been dropped this year due to poor performances. I don't think your statement is true.

Salary cap issues as well as these players wanting more opportunities meant Geelong had no option, but to trade these players away.

Well said.

Good depth doesn't mean you can still lose 9 of your best players and expect to win, Geelong missing their best 3 defenders, imagine us without Lake, Morris & Hargrave, we'd have Wight & Everitt to play on Brown & Bradshaw.

No Cooney, Boyd, Cross, Akermanis, Hill & Minson as well, and we would struggle big time.