Rounds
16.................Dons-Hawks-Saints-Freo
17.................Saints-Carl-Port-Roos
18.................Freo-Lions-Cats-Pies
19.................WCE - Adel- Pies - Dons
20.................Lions- Tiges -Hawks - Dogs
21.................Cats- Swans - WCE - PA
22................. Pies - Dogs- Blues - Swans

Likely Minimum Wins from last 7 games: Dogs 4, Pies 6, Adelaide 4, Brisbane 5.

Finish:

Pies 64pts (current % 116)
Dogs 56 pts (current % 127)
Adeliade 56 pts (current % 102)
Brisbane 52/56pts (current % 105)

If you accept that and we maintain percentage, we play most likely St Kilda in a QF.

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 01:06 AM
I would tip us against the Pies in round 22. We smashed them throughout the game but didn't make the most of our opportunities and made some stupid decisions at times. It won't be the same next time we play them!

bulldogtragic
11-07-2009, 01:11 AM
It just highlights when you miss goals after the siren and lose by two points, and touc the winning gal so its a rushed behind and you lose by 1 pt, these losees bring you back to pack. We are not safe in the top 4. We need to start to lift and makre sure it's at least 5 wins and our percentage stays strong. Otherwise bottom 8 and certain nothingness for another year.

AndrewP6
11-07-2009, 01:49 AM
I think from those last games, we can win 5. Not with more of what we served up tonight, but with better efforts, I think we can. Our last game vs the Pies I think is winnable - we've got a lot of improvement to make, I don't know if the pies can do much better.

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Surely we can win one of the Saints/Cats games. It's not like they are unstoppable. The Saints will eventually be beaten, and who's to say they aren't going to be beaten by us?

bulldogtragic
11-07-2009, 01:59 AM
Surely we can win one of the Saints/Cats games. It's not like they are unstoppable. The Saints will eventually be beaten, and who's to say they aren't going to be beaten by us?
Not saying we can't win, just putting a minimum # of wins on it for illustrative purposes.

Remi Moses
11-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Not saying we can't win, just putting a minimum # of wins on it for illustrative purposes.

Should win 3 of the next 4 . I reckon we'll knock over Stkilda or the Cats,and if play capability knock over the Pies

bulldogtragic
11-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Should win 3 of the next 4 . I reckon we'll knock over Stkilda or the Cats,and if play capability knock over the Pies
Then we are top 4 on pts, not percentage, i hope you are right. I'm happy for any situation where we fgace St Kilda first up. I think we can beat them and go straight to the PF.

But first things first.

boydogs
11-07-2009, 11:54 AM
From the table above, if Adelaide beat Port in round 17 we would need to win a 5th game to be top 4. It could well come to this. Hopefully we can win 4 of the next 5 as predicted and get 2 chances in the last two rounds to notch up the last one

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I would tip us against the Pies in round 22. We smashed them throughout the game but didn't make the most of our opportunities and made some stupid decisions at times. It won't be the same next time we play them!

Round 22 might be the round that determine 3rd and 4th.
Doggies should win this one.

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
I too think we can win more then 4 out of the last 7. At least 5 even 6 if we can get over either Saints or Cats.

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Team ........... Dogs - Pies - Adel - Lions
Current Pts - 40 ---- 40 ---36/40- 32

Rounds

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Team ........... Dogs - Pies - Adel - Lions
Current Pts - 40 ---- 40 ---36/40- 32

Rounds

I expect that we will beat either Geelong or St Kilda - taking us to 6th and third spot.

LostDoggy
11-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Possibly beat Geelong imo and i think the Round 22 clash will be a big game for 3rd spot!

Stefcep
12-07-2009, 12:00 AM
just goes to show how big last nights game was in the context of the whole season. Well clearly that message didn't get through to the players last night. It certainly has now: we have to come to every game ready to play from the first bounce

Go_Dogs
12-07-2009, 09:36 AM
just goes to show how big last nights game was in the context of the whole season. Well clearly that message didn't get through to the players last night. It certainly has now: we have to come to every game ready to play from the first bounce

It's such an even competition that this is the case week in week out anyway.

We do have a tough run home, but we just need to win the winnable games, and hope that two of the Saints/Brisbane/Geelong/Collingwood games go our way.

We also need to be careful not be to carrying injured, sore bodies into the finals. Geelong have accepted a loss yesterday to sure up their playing stocks for finals. I wouldn't mind us using that same approach - but we just can't let either the Crows and Collingwood knock us out of the top 4.

LostDoggy
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
It's such an even competition that this is the case week in week out anyway.

We do have a tough run home, but we just need to win the winnable games, and hope that two of the Saints/Brisbane/Geelong/Collingwood games go our way.

We also need to be careful not be to carrying injured, sore bodies into the finals. Geelong have accepted a loss yesterday to sure up their playing stocks for finals. I wouldn't mind us using that same approach - but we just can't let either the Crows and Collingwood knock us out of the top 4.

Unless they are really injured, you never flirt with form.

Go_Dogs
12-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Unless they are really injured, you never flirt with form.

I disagree to a certain extent, especially in the modern game.

LostDoggy
12-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I disagree to a certain extent, especially in the modern game.

No team can just flick the switch, not even this current Geelong team.

Sockeye Salmon
12-07-2009, 01:23 PM
Why are Adelaide not getting the recognition they deserve?

Rocco Jones
12-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Why are Adelaide not getting the recognition they deserve?

They don't have perceived star value. Their best players are very underrated/not known, not being in Melbourne has a lot to do with it.

It's a massive credit to Craig. When we played them, he made comments in the post game presser about changing their game style. It raised a few doubts about him and the team but they have been great since then.

Sockeye Salmon
12-07-2009, 01:33 PM
They don't have perceived star value. Their best players are very underrated/not known, not being in Melbourne has a lot to do with it.

It's a massive credit to Craig. When we played them, he made comments in the post game presser about changing their game style. It raised a few doubts about him and the team but they have been great since then.

Changing your game style mid season is supposed to be impossible.

Rocco Jones
12-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Changing your game style mid season is supposed to be impossible.

Not for Craig. I know rating coaches involves a lot of guesswork but I rate him as the best in the business. A key example of how you get punished for not bottoming out.

Throughandthrough
12-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Not for Craig. I know rating coaches involves a lot of guesswork but I rate him as the best in the business. A key example of how you get punished for not bottoming out.

Jenny Craig has a fantastic minor round w/l ratio, and a dreadfull finals one.

Even worse when you include his multiple finals forays when coaching Norwood.