PDA

View Full Version : Seb won!!

LostDoggy
13-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Thank guys for all your support for Seb - he has officially won Auskicker of the year 09 for round 16.:eek:

They pick a winner for each 22 rounds. Then one final one at the end out of all of them to win the 5 Grand.

So he get to play at the G during half time between Hawks & Pies this saturday night and get interviewed by boundary the channel 10 boundary runner!! (pity it's not a dogs game....but no matter - he's a footy fan in general so will be a huge thrill).
He gets to walk the GF parade with Dipper, attend a welcome GF dinner, play at half time during the big game and present a winning player with their premiership medal.

Doggies better make it to the GF now!!!! GO DOGS :D

SO COOL!!!!!! Can't wait for him to get home from school so I can tell him :)

Again thanks to all those who nominated and for all your support on his site.
:D

Mantis
13-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Great news.

Pass on our congratulations to Seb and look forward to seeing him on TV on Saturday night.

ledge
13-07-2009, 02:42 PM
well done seb and mum !

craigsahibee
13-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Fantastic.

And to think I was jealous when FDOTM was able to present the virtues of the BHBAS to the playing the group.

Seb is one extremely lucky lad. Well done Seb and Mrs Seb.

The Coon Dog
13-07-2009, 04:23 PM
How cool is that?

Seb will be stoked, that's for sure.

Hopefully the Doggies can do the right thing too & make it an even more memorable day for Seb.

Let us know what his reaction is too, please.

Twodogs
13-07-2009, 05:19 PM
How cool is that?

Too cool for school!!! That's how cool it is.:D

Go Seb.

Well done Seb and Mrs Seb, we look forward to seeing the boy strut his stuff on saturday night...

LostDoggy
13-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks guys,

Seb was literally gob smacked when I broke the news. He was sucking on a lollipop at the time and when I mentioned playing on the MCG his mouth fell open so much that the lollipop fell to the floor!! He cannot contain his excitment (neither can his dad mind you :)
As we speak he's playing out a game behind the couch with the soft footy, this time he's even got his sister (aged 4) playing too.....that's how I know he's pumped cause he NEVER lets her play!!

Will keep you all posted and of course there will be photos up on the site.

LostDoggy
13-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Hahaha thats awesome. Sibling rivalry gets put aside when they are too excited.

Well done Seb & Jodie.

LostDoggy
13-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Great story:) Good luck young fella:D

firstdogonthemoon
14-07-2009, 10:47 AM
That is excellent news! Well done! Will his beard be ready in time?

LostDoggy
14-07-2009, 11:02 AM
That is excellent news! Well done! Will his beard be ready in time?

hahahaha :) May be I should draw one on.....how funny would that be! Couldn't do it to the poor kid for fear of the teasing at school - no one would get it excpet the Dogs faithfull anyway :D

Expecting our T-shirts to be delivered any day now. Was hilarous when they mentioned it on One Week At a Time last night. You must have been beaming with pride

I woke up this morning with pangs of nervs just at the thought of him being interviewed for 2 minutes on TV..... Have no idea how that will go???? Hope he doesn't say anything too stupid :rolleyes: or clam up. gott keep reminding myself not to worry, he is only 6 after all. ;)

aker39
14-07-2009, 11:09 AM
hahahaha :)
I woke up this morning with pangs of nervs just at the thought of him being interviewed for 2 minutes on TV..... Have no idea how that will go???? Hope he doesn't say anything too stupid :rolleyes: or clam up. gott keep reminding myself not to worry, he is only 6 after all. ;)

From the ones I've seen, they will ask him who he barracks for, and who his favorite player is. You know he will have no trouble answering those questions.

My son was lucky enough to play at 1/2 time at telstra dome last year. You couldn't wipe the smile off his face the whole time he was out there.

Enjoy!!!

LostDoggy
14-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Wow! How fantastic is that - so glad to hear this news! Will be glued to the TV on Saturday night to see Seb! Yep, a big motivator for the doggies to make it to the GF!! Go Dogs, Go Seb! :cool:

Twodogs
14-07-2009, 12:48 PM
He cannot contain his excitment (neither can his dad mind you :)

It's a great dadding moment.

My son played a half time game at Telstra a couple of years ago. He only got in at the last minute because some kids hadnt turned up and was a good year younger than any of the other kids. Anyhoo I was goal umpiring the game alongside his and all of a sudden the crowd started roaring. I looked over and Harvey was running into an open goal! Then some North supporters sort of 'adopted him and started cheering everytime he went near the ball-my son the cult hero! So I got a bit distracted from the goal umpire's job...

The Coon Dog
14-07-2009, 12:58 PM
A few years back we played Collingwood in round 1 on Easter Monday & Ryan got to play on the hallowed turf in a grid game. He loved the experience & kicking 3 goals helped him (& me too) have an unforgettable experience.

DOG GOD
14-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Very cool news GoDoggies. I'll be sure to tune in the see the young fella. Im sure he will do u all proud. Be cool to see a bulldogs fan on there too. All the best to Seb.

The Coon Dog
18-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I must remember to watch at half time tonight to see Seb interviewed.

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Seb!!
Hilarious & Adorable
"Where are you from?" Australia. What a little trooper.
Congrats again Seb

comrade
18-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Great stuff Seb.

Very funny when the boundary rider asked where he was from - "Australia".

Aker couldn't have done a better job.

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Awesome stuff Seb, hahaha where are you from??? Australia....love it..

AndrewP6
18-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Great work Seb... a fair dinkum Aussie! He likes Aker because he "kicks like I do" :D

Nice to see him get some of his 15 minutes of fame.

strebla
18-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh no I missed it I bet he was great too.

ledge
19-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Hope you got it taped for his 21st, very cute kid!

LostDoggy
19-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Saw Seb at half time last night - he wasn't tongue-tied at all when it came to talking about the footy and who he follows :) Yeah, loved his line about his favourite player, Aker......."cause he kicks like I do!". Well done Seb - you did us Dog supporters proud :D

lemmon
19-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Congratulations, great experience for the young fella. One he'll remember for a long time.

ledge
19-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Imagine if Seb got drafted by the doggies in 12 years, what an awesome story we have of him already, automatic captain!

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Imagine if Seb got drafted by the doggies in 12 years, what an awesome story we have of him already, automatic captain!

That would truly be a dream come true!!