PDA

View Full Version : Mick Malthouse

The Doctor
13-07-2009, 11:07 PM
I am finding it quite intriguing the ongoing saga concerning the re-appointment of Rocket and Malthouse. Especially when you consider how well each of their respective teams are performing. I, like most, expect Rocket to get another term.

But,

If for whatever reason the Dogs decide against re-appointing Rocket as coach for next season and beyond what would you think about having Mick Malthouse coming back?

GVGjr
13-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Malthouse is a great coach but he also might be getting close to his expiry date. I could live with him returning to the Kennel.

Williams would be my preference if by some miracle Eade didn't put pen to paper.

BulldogBelle
13-07-2009, 11:16 PM
I would definitely be happy for Mick Malthouse to return back to the kennel if Eade wasn't reappointed. Have always been a fan of his.

Sockeye Salmon
13-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Malthouse hasn't always been the most loved bloke where he goes but he is an absolutely gun coach.

He got a really crap Collingwood side into consecutive grand finals. Six years on I still can't work out how.

If I was Gary March I would throw a million bucks a year at him. That would solve Eddie's little dilemma.

Rocco Jones
13-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I rate Malthouse very highly, just about the best coach in the league imo.

LostDoggy
13-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Would love to see Mick at the Whitten Oval again, but not going to happen.

After Rocket finishes, i would like to see Leon take over (if still available)

The Bulldogs Bite
14-07-2009, 12:13 AM
It'd be crazy if The Dogs/Pies didn't renew their contracts. It's a little suprising the clubs are still holding out. In a cut throat business, it's somewhat understandable to want to wait until later in the year, but given the form of both teams you'd suspect it couldn't be too far away.

Hot_Doggies
14-07-2009, 02:52 AM
It'd be crazy if The Dogs/Pies didn't renew their contracts. It's a little suprising the clubs are still holding out. In a cut throat business, it's somewhat understandable to want to wait until later in the year, but given the form of both teams you'd suspect it couldn't be too far away.

If we lose the majority of our remaining games and get bundled out in straight sets come finals time, does Eade deserve a new contract?

Stefcep
14-07-2009, 01:38 PM
If we lose the majority of our remaining games and get bundled out in straight sets come finals time, does Eade deserve a new contract?

Yes, because other than the last match I think he's coaching hasn't been the problem, its been the form of the players in matches against the top sides that's let us down. TBH I can't see that another coach would have got as much out of the playing list that Eade has. His developed a winning game plan with a playing list that IMO is missing one KPF and one KPD, players that the other top 8 sides do have, but we don't.

bornadog
14-07-2009, 01:45 PM
It's a little suprising the clubs are still holding out. In a cut throat business, it's somewhat understandable to want to wait until later in the year, but given the form of both teams you'd suspect it couldn't be too far away.

Why would you be surprised? The dogs announced some months ago that they will go through a process to reappoint Rocket. They already said the process will not only be based on win/loss ratio, but many other criteria. They have put together the criteria through George Pappas, who headed up Boston Consulting and is a current board member. The next stage is for Rocket to present to the committee, his vision for the future of the club.

The dogs will not be bullied into making a decision by media and supporters.

As far as Malthouse goes, I don't know WTF is going on there and I don't care. I also would not like him to return to the club.

LostDoggy
14-07-2009, 03:38 PM
The dogs will not be bullied into making a decision by media and supporters.

No they won't be bullied it's only a mere formality Eade is safe as houses.

GVGjr
14-07-2009, 08:25 PM
No they won't be bullied it's only a mere formality Eade is safe as houses.

Yes it seems a formality.. Just a matter of when.

1eyedog
14-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Yes it seems a formality.. Just a matter of when.

All the more ridiculous then that it has been so drawn out. Do the players know he will be resigned? Higgins didn't seem to a few weeks ago. Why would the football administration continue the added stress of not knowing whether Eade will coach us from next year onto the players minds halfway through a season? And the supporters as well for that matter. We do not need this type of speculation when it is already so called rubber stamped!

LostDoggy
14-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Maybe it's not a formality, and the club sees things they aren't happy with.

LostDoggy
14-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd be happy with Mick returning and if Rocket wanted out.