HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Dale Morris
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Shaun Higgins, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Scott Welsh, Robert Murphy
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C: Will Minson, Josh Hill, Liam Picken, Callan Ward
Emg: Dylan Addison, Tim Callan, Brennan Stack

No change

AFL website (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/80775/default.aspx)

LostDoggy
16-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Geez going on last week Williams is more than very lucky....more about size than form one might suggest!!

G-Mo77
16-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Geez going on last week Williams is more than very lucky....more about size than form one might suggest!!

Well considering he was brought in regardless of his form in the first place it is not surprsing to see him in again this week. He'll be better for the run last Friday.

1eyedog
16-07-2009, 06:17 PM
They are fielding a very strong team there, we will need to be at our best to beat them. No Monfries is a big plus for us he is as important to them as Higgins is to us.

LostDoggy
16-07-2009, 06:17 PM
No change, just as i suspected.

ledge
16-07-2009, 07:26 PM
My thoughts on this game are that they are two very pacey and rebounding sides, the difference is we tend to go wide on a rebound and Essendon tend to go through the middle, if we block the middle we should win.

Lucas is as slow as a wet week now so i see him more a hindrance for them against us, interested to see how many times he gets run down or run past going for the pill.
Williams should enjoy playing on Lucas, if he does.

Mofra
16-07-2009, 07:55 PM
That's a very tall backline for the Dons. We'd better lead hard in the F50 because if we bomb it in high we'll be lucky to kick a winning score.

lemmon
16-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Should be a good game, hopefully high scoring and fast ball movement. Should be fun.

DannyBoy
16-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Cant wait for the game. Hopefully the boys can overrun the bombers

G-Mo77
17-07-2009, 01:32 AM
That's a very tall backline for the Dons. We'd better lead hard in the F50 because if we bomb it in high we'll be lucky to kick a winning score.

I really think that works in our favour. I was hoping Collingwood would have an extra tall down back last week.

LostDoggy
17-07-2009, 01:06 PM
As discussed on other thread's, no change was what we expected. Williamstown playing on Sunday meant only a 5 day break for any inclusions, and the club would have been playing with fire to risk some of these younger guys. That said, I hope that Tommygun is better for the run last week, and tears 'em up tonight! I just hope the dogs get out of the blocks quickly! Don't really like playing catch up footy. Our bigger, stronger bodies hopefully will end the run of their fast, young players ;)

LostDoggy
17-07-2009, 05:43 PM
I hope the boys are seething after last week and come out red hot. Hopefully Williams has a better game too.

Mofra
17-07-2009, 05:58 PM
That said, I hope that Tommygun is better for the run last week, and tears 'em up tonight!
You would think so. I would expect part of the reason he played last week was because he wouldn't have been able to come back from a 5 day break & perform.

The Adelaide Connection
17-07-2009, 07:29 PM
No changes of personnel, but a few lineup changes. Picken on the forward line and hill names in the centre of the ground?

ESSENDON v WESTERN BULLDOGS
Essendon
B: Henry Slattery, Tayte Pears, Michael Hurley
HB: Kyle Reimers, Dustin Fletcher, Adam McPhee
C: Mark McVeigh, Ricky Dyson, Andrew Lovett
HF: Sam Lonergan, Scott Lucas, Heath Hocking
F: Jason Winderlich, Matthew Lloyd, Alwyn Davey
Foll: Patrick Ryder, Andrew Welsh, Jobe Watson
I/C: Brent Stanton, Courtenay Dempsey, Brent Prismall, Cale Hooker

Changes to the selected side
No change

Western Bulldogs
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom Williams, Dale Morris
C: Josh Hill, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Shaun Higgins, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Liam Picken Scott Welsh, Robert Murphy
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C: Will Minson, Jason Akermanis, Nathan Eagleton, Callan Ward

Changes to the selected side
No change

boydogs
17-07-2009, 08:18 PM
No changes of personnel, but a few lineup changes. Picken on the forward line and hill names in the centre of the ground?

Could mean nothing but I like those changes. Picken will help with defensive pressure in the forward line to lock the ball in and prevent rebound goals and has shown he can kick a goal. Hill is better given space to work in, plus floating in from the side taking marks and chasing players down when the opposition tries to move the ball out of defense up the ground