PDA

View Full Version : Gia - Bad News

The Coon Dog
18-07-2009, 12:40 AM
On the way home tonight I was switching radio stations & I think it was Daniel Harford who said that the Bulldogs medico's had just told him that it would be another 6-8 weeks before they could even start to test Gia's knee.

Anyone else hear that, or know any more?

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 12:41 AM
TCD, it's not April now :(

Happy Days
18-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Jusr confirmed by Timmy Watson on the Channel 7 wrap-up.

Dry Rot
18-07-2009, 12:49 AM
On the way home tonight I was switching radio stations & I think it was Daniel Harford who said that the Bulldogs medico's had just told him that it would be another 6-8 weeks before they could even start to test Gia's knee.

Bugger. Sounds he like might be gone for the season, reading between the lines.

GVGjr
18-07-2009, 12:52 AM

I think Charmdog informed me a few days back that the reports weren't too good for Gia.

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Could it have backfired for the dogs?
They said that the surgury could have waited till the end of the season.
A risk that didnt pay of i guess :(

The Bulldogs Bite
18-07-2009, 01:25 AM
I certainly hope this isn't the case.

We have been missing him badly.

Scorlibo
18-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I think that could be discounting the Gia determination, he will be desperate to play finals, and I'm sure he will do everything he can to get back ASAP.

comrade
18-07-2009, 01:47 AM
If this is true, he'll be a very handy recruit next year.

bornadog
18-07-2009, 01:49 AM
I heard this news a little while ago. The club has thought the worse but wanted to confirm it.

Bad news to lose his skills in the finals.

The Pie Man
18-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Brian Taylor was grilling Rohan Smith re: this on AFL Teams, all Bubba would say is he's still wearing the knee brace.

Seems all the more unfair when he bravely ran out the North game and kicked goals

Positive thoughts Gia

Go_Dogs
18-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Very unlucky as Gia is certainly a very important player. Wish him all the best in his recovery.

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 10:53 AM
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What are we going todo with our forward line, it functions badly and it is the skill of our midfield that we manage to win against hack teams like Essendon - but when the big test comes............:(

Commiserations to Gia, i's not fair!

Mofra
18-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Our No 1 assist player before his injury, I really rate his skills in traffic. It is a big loss.

Remi Moses
18-07-2009, 04:08 PM
For what it's worth Rocket stated that Gia's brace comes off Monday and he expects him to play at Williamstown round 21. I take it with a grain of salt what coaches say re. injuries. I hope he's back has become a very important component to our side.

Mantis
18-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Doesn't sound good.

Let's hope he can have a quicker than expected recovery such that he is back in time for the finals.

Templeton31
18-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Gia is special comments on NSW ABC coverage of swans game today and he said he was aiming to play for Willi in Rnd 21 and Dogs in Rnd 22.

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 05:09 PM
O'Keefe plays fairly much like Gia so not sure why he does not get a go considering the form of Eagleton.

Rocco Jones
18-07-2009, 05:22 PM
A positive is that Williamstown look like they will have a big crack at least making the VFL GF, so they will give him every chance to gain match practice if he can't make it by Round 22.

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Hope Gia has a speedy recovery. We are missing Guido's bite around the forward line, and his goal assists this year have been great. Hope he gets back before the finals, pleeeze!!

alwaysadog
18-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Hmmm... curiouser and curiouser as Alice might have said. What is the substance of the rumour?

A few journos apparently asked Rohan a question he didn't know the answer to.. and suddenly the sky is falling on Cock Robin/Rohan. If they were so sure why ask in this way. The only reason is they were on a fishing or headline grabbing mission.

Yes I'm mixing metaphors and dragging up my childhood literature because this seems to have all the emotional maturity of that age.

Now I don't live with Gia anymore than Rohan does, and I have even more limited sources of info than the former Bulldog player does, but at TopDogs last Tuesday Mitch Hahn talked about how profession an approach Gia was taking to his rehab. How he'd got a timeline posted in his locker which has what he can do and when and a series of questions about other activities like can he start swimming yet. The impression Mitch sought to give was one of Gia's extreme positivity and committment while being acutely aware of the risks of pushing too hard too soon.

He could have had a setback between Wednesday morning and whenever the question was asked of Rohan, but it just seems like scuttlebut to me... and I'm weary of the continual over exaggerating of the extent of our injuries.

Remi Moses
19-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Heard Brian Taylor ask Rohan and honestly Rohan had that NFI look on the dial!

strebla
19-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Well that bites the big one he is a bigger loss that I realised hope he makes it back for the finals

Bulldog Revolution
19-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I heard Gia on ABC radio last night and he was saying that the plan was to play VFL round 21, and then hopefully be selected for seniors round 22, and then be part of a real opportunity for the club

LostDoggy
20-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Oh No - Bugger!! That is bad news. Lets hope he can pull some miracle out of the bag and make it back for at least some of the finals. PLEASE~~

G-Mo77
20-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I heard Gia on ABC radio last night and he was saying that the plan was to play VFL round 21, and then hopefully be selected for seniors round 22, and then be part of a real opportunity for the club

Well that is much better news. :)

LostDoggy
20-07-2009, 01:43 PM
That is good news.

bornadog
20-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Eade said the brace comes off (either) today or tomorrow, then it will be assessed. He was hopeful of the round 21 return at Willi, but who knows until the brace is off and they start checking and scanning the knee. Eade said, Gia is super fit, and is hopeful for a quick recovery.

alwaysadog
20-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Eade said the brace comes off (either) today or tomorrow, then it will be assessed. He was hopeful of the round 21 return at Willi, but who knows until the brace is off and they start checking and scanning the knee. Eade said, Gia is super fit, and is hopeful for a quick recovery.

So we are at the same stage we were at before all the speculation began. Gia's recovery is on track but there are no guarantees that he'll make it back as there is not much time between his likely recovery scenario and the start of the final series. On the positive side he is super fit and has a track record of finding form quickly.

So what's the bad news? One might conclude it's another media beat up which calls into question the bona fides of those who generated the initial angst.

Plus ca change, plus la meme chose

The Coon Dog
20-07-2009, 11:47 PM
So what's the bad news? One might conclude it's another media beat up which calls into question the bona fides of those who generated the initial angst.

I only reported what Daniel Harford was told by the Western Bulldog's medico's after the game on Friday night. Not too sure you need to go looking for a scapegoat.

bornadog
20-07-2009, 11:53 PM
So we are at the same stage we were at before all the speculation began. Gia's recovery is on track but there are no guarantees that he'll make it back as there is not much time between his likely recovery scenario and the start of the final series. On the positive side he is super fit and has a track record of finding form quickly.

Plus ca change, plus la meme chose

I reported what Eade said on Saturday, on 3AW.

alwaysadog
20-07-2009, 11:57 PM
I reported what Eade said on Saturday, on 3AW.

Sorry if you thought I was having a go a you, bornadog, the contrary is the case what I meant to do was to use your report to quash the speculation. My apologies if it didn't come across that way.

alwaysadog
20-07-2009, 11:59 PM
I only reported what Daniel Harford was told by the Western Bulldog's medico's after the game on Friday night. Not too sure you need to go looking for a scapegoat.

Fair comment

bornadog
21-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Sorry if you thought I was having a go a you, bornadog, the contrary is the case what I meant to do was to use your report to quash the speculation. My apologies if it didn't come across that way.

No need to apologize, I didn't take it that way, I was just pointing out that I don't believe its a media thing. I think the club has under estimated the severity of the injury.

Lest hope its not as bad as it looks at this stage.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Just said on the Fox Sports pre game, that he is 4 days ahead of schedule.