PDA

View Full Version : Where was everyone?

aker39
18-07-2009, 12:41 AM
That was the worst turn up of bulldog supporters in a long time.

I couldn't believe how few bulldog supporters were there.

47,000 crowd, and lucky if there was 5,000 bulldog supporters there, and that's being generous.

Super 27
18-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Probably becuase the only tickets on offer were Level 3 Row X. Luckily my brother came through with some last minute tickets....aisle 38 level 2.

aker39
18-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Probably becuase the only tickets on offer were Level 3 Row X. .

So what.

Would you sit in row x for a GF.

Bulldog4life
18-07-2009, 12:51 AM
My wife and I were yelling our lungs out on level 3 aisle 9 row L seats 73 and 74.........surrounded by whinging Essendon supporters.

The Coon Dog
18-07-2009, 12:58 AM
Me & TCP were in aisle 29 on L3, amidst mainly Bomber fans.

NoName
18-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Level 3, Aisle 21, Row B

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 01:00 AM
I was in Axcess One Aisle 38 on Level 2. Wonderful seats. There were a few footscray supporters scattered around. I was sitting next to a Swans man down from Sydney to watch em' play tomorrow. He was barracking for the Bulldogs ans especially Johnno with awesome chanting, it was awesome :D

Super 27
18-07-2009, 01:01 AM
So what.

Would you sit in row x for a GF.

It wasn't a GF

wb_age
18-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Level 2, row 28.

A row of dogs in front and behind me, cheered my lungs out.

Amazing to see the Dons supporters leave in droves while I was clapping away alah Billy Brownless on the footy show (forward clap).

:D

lemmon
18-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Yep I was top level row 22 aisle P or something like that, was a fairly dissapointing turnout by us. You felt surrounded by dons supporters.

AndrewP6
18-07-2009, 02:19 AM
I think it's always gonna be hard, when it's a Bombers home game, and their membership totals about 12,000 more than us... I was on Level 2, aisle 43... had Channel 7 cameramen near me, desperately tried to get my mug on telly, but don't think I did...and yes, there were a heap of bomber fans...not so much after 3 quarter time! :)

Mantis
18-07-2009, 02:23 AM
I was there.

I almost marked the ball when Will kicked a goal after his 50m penalty.

G-Mo77
18-07-2009, 02:33 AM
I was there also, amongst all the Essendon whinging arseholes. Boy did I give it to them! I'm usually pretty gracious with a win or loss but couldn't help myself tonight. After a beer got thrown at me the gloves were off!

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 02:42 AM
Yeah def hard to pick the doggies supporter. Sat lvl 3 aisle 40..couple supporters behind and prob could see no more than 10 people with doggies gear over a few aisles to my left and right

Remi Moses
18-07-2009, 02:49 AM
Too frightened of the Bombre Cauldron. :eek::eek:What a pack of slime their supporters are.

G-Mo77
18-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Too frightened of the Bombre Cauldron. :eek::eek:What a pack of slime their supporters are.

My thoughts exactly. I've never been so disgusted in opposition supporters all my life. Then again I was Level one and close to the standing area were a lot of the vermin hang out. It did make the win seem so much sweeter and I did thank a lot of them for that!

The Underdog
18-07-2009, 03:13 AM
I was at work. Couldn't be helped I'm afraid. Would have loved to be there.
Ironically I'll probably miss the Geelong game cos I'll be working in Geelong that night.

AndrewP6
18-07-2009, 03:35 AM
I actually didn't have that many bad bomber fan experiences... aside from the sooking about free kicks... much worse from the Pies... hate them with a passion.

Sorry to quote myself...just thought of something... many Bomber fans I heard not only got into our blokes, the umps, the world in general, but THEIR OWN PLAYERS... they were giving it to Lloyd and Lucas something shocking!

Topdog
18-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Probably becuase the only tickets on offer were Level 3 Row X. Luckily my brother came through with some last minute tickets....aisle 38 level 2.

I bought 12 tickets and was able to get Row K and L Of course I didn't go as my wife was sick but there were good seats on offer.

angelopetraglia
18-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Agree. Very little Dogs supporters last night.

Very hard to get good seats too.

I was on the top level, row R! Hate being that far away from the action. Surrounded by Bombers.

They not only have the best financial deal at the Dome, they almost lock the away supporters out with their preference deal for seats.

Desipura
18-07-2009, 10:41 AM
I snuck in with my bro & cousin in level 1 aisle 10 just in front of the Victory Room public bar. Sean Denham sitting in front of us calling Aker soft. I replied not bad for a 3 times premiership player!

Ozza
18-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Was behind the goals on level 2 - the end we kicked to in the last quarter. Was like we were an interstate team! But its pretty hard v the bombers at the dome - all the available seats are sh1thouse unless you score a level 2 seat - which we were lucky enough to get last minute.

W W Biscuit
18-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Aisle 12 Row W. Many Bombers around us. When it was all but over, one well-fuelled Essendon supporter started mouthing off about how many career goals Lloyd has kicked - i.e., "how many Footscray players have kicked 900 goals? NONE." Pretty desperate stuff!

Studentlib
18-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Just can't stand Essendon whingers. When I took my then young daughter one night years ago and they started up the umpire is a CHEAT chant ala Crows supporters and the "BULLSHIT" chantI decided it wasn't worth it. My disdain has matured (not helped by 7s adoring / sickening Bombers commentary seemingly everyweek) and now our northern neighbour is held in contempt by our family. It has made our recent winning streak against them all the sweeter. glad i got that off my chest!

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I wasn't there, normally do go, but my son playing away in Mansfield today it was a very early start, and we don't get home from the game until nearly 1.00. Next week I won't be there either because of other sons' 21st - when all my saints in-laws are coming down:(

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 11:17 AM
I was there standing up. Silly me didn't care to get tickets forgot about essendon games are always reserved seat games :(

but yeh was about 8 bomber fans to 1 bulldog around us hehe

Stefcep
18-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah but as a club I think our supporters are band wagoners more than others.

The Coon Dog
18-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I was just chatting to The Dogs Bollocks wife who went last night with her sister (TDB coaches the local under 11's who played last night) & somehow got tickets amongst all the Essendon supporters.

She said it was frightening, the sheer abuse they copped, just because they dared to barrack for their team.

Unbelievably, the major culprits we men over the age of 50 who hurled abuse until the 15 minute mark of the last quarter when they started to leave.

She was meant to meet someone at half time, but was too frightened to leave her seat.

Topdog
18-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah but as a club I think our supporters are band wagoners more than others.

Seeing as our membership numbers stayed steady through our terrible times I'm quite confused by this statement.

GVGjr
18-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Unbelievably, the major culprits we men over the age of 50 who hurled abuse until the 15 minute mark of the last quarter when they started to leave.

I see this often and even by our own supporters. It's uncanny and somewhat tragic that so many mature people have little regard and respect for others. The language that some people use in front of children isn't what I would call good for their upbringing.

G-Mo77
18-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I was just chatting to The Dogs Bollocks wife who went last night with her sister (TDB coaches the local under 11's who played last night) & somehow got tickets amongst all the Essendon supporters.

She said it was frightening, the sheer abuse they copped, just because they dared to barrack for their team.

She was meant to meet someone at half time, but was too frightened to leave her seat.

Pretty sad really.

As I said in the thread earlier I have never been so disgusted in opposition supporters all my life. The amount of abuse I copped was unbelieveable. I got a beer thrown at me by one of the standing area vermin for jumping out of my seat when Cross kicked a goal. The coward hid when I turned around but another Bulldog fan pointed him out. I made sure to turn around and clap and cheer every goal or free kick after that (I know how to give a low blow). I really was expecting a belting when I was walking from my seat, fortunatly most of them left before the end of the game.

I never thought a team could overtake Collingwood as my most hated. I wish nothing but the worst for their club and their supporters from here on in. I'll never forget the experience I had last night for as long as I live! :mad:

All that being said those morons made the win so much better.

lemmon
18-07-2009, 01:32 PM

I was surrounded by Essendon supporters, but it was all pretty friendly banter. I guess their are some good ones and some bad one, just the luck of the draw.

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 01:49 PM
We bought seats in level 3, around aisle 16 I think- it was a pretty good view actually, albeit of course mostly filled with Essendon fans. But I've never been so disgusted in opposition supporters in my life, first of all they think the world owes them something and secondly they don't understand the rules. Firstly, if you take the ball out of the ruck and get tackled, it's a free kick, but if the ball BOUNCES, then you pick it up and get tackled, it's not a free kick- I reckon they called ball about 3 times for that. In the last quarter Ward got tackled basically AS he took the ball and the old Essendon men on the other side of the stairs were going ballistic saying that he could have kicked it. These guys also came out with some profound statements like 'stop giving them free kicks umpires'...completely refusing to accept any one of our frees, and 'what have we got to do?' after another dropped mark that was correctly not paid...to which we were like '..um, you have to mark the ball to be paid a mark'. I happily accept that the free kicks we gave away were there- it's football, you're going to give away free kicks, deal with it- young backmen often give away undisciplined free kicks, which we saw in players like Hargrave etc. when they were younger, they'll learn from it and get better- but they turned on their own players pretty quickly once things went against them.

Mofra
18-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Firstly, if you take the ball out of the ruck and get tackled, it's a free kick, but if the ball BOUNCES, then you pick it up and get tackled, it's not a free kick- I reckon they called ball about 3 times for that.
It's also not a free kick if the umpire calls play on, such as a bad bounce after an around-the-ground stoppage.

Essendon fans are the biggest bandwagoners IMO. After 2000 they were everywhere, now they are just another club. Always like beating them. I have a couple of Essendon fans who I used to work with that don't go to games anymore, because they don't like their own fans - I've only ever heard Bombers & Demon fans say that about their compatriots.

BulldogBelle
18-07-2009, 02:53 PM
We were sitting in Level 3 Aisle 8, Row G there was quite a mixture of both Dogs and Bombers supporters. There were no concerns even heard a few Bombers supporters praising Lake.

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 03:55 PM
All that being said those morons made the win so much better.

Always feels better after you cop heaps from the opposition.

I was in the cheersquad, always stupid people around up, we usually cop a bit, jsut have to be big enough to ignore it and just take notice of the game(although there is only so much you can take), but saying that, we didnt cop that much last night, just a few school girls trying to get to a few people(didnt work) and an idiot up on level 2(who'd had a few to drink).

Max469
18-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Level 1, aisle 9 - thanks to my bomber loving best friend

LostDoggy
18-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I just found out at work there a few Bomber supporters, never knew that before. And was told by the ppl who told me that they are only loud and outspoken when bombers are looking to come in the top 4.

but now that they can barely win a game for the last few years, they dont open their mouth all footy season. hehe

boydogs
18-07-2009, 06:26 PM
young backmen often give away undisciplined free kicks, which we saw in players like Hargrave etc. when they were younger, they'll learn from it and get better

Exactly, the maturity of our backline stood out last night and theirs was exposed in the second half once we started kicking deeper inside 50

jazzadogs
19-07-2009, 12:14 AM
I was Level 3, aisle 15. Was a few Bulldogs around us, but a lot more Bombers.

I am a vocal supporter and am prone to the odd "BALL" shout late in a game, when it's probably not there. But (I would like to think) that I realise my mistake quickly and sit down. Not carry on about it for the next 5minutes, with both verbal and demonstrative :P abuse!!

And how about the booing, any time a Dogs player had a shot? Carlton and Essendon are the worst at this.
Also, was anyone else a bit confused when the Air Raid sirens went off before the Bombers ran out? Having not lived through any wars, it took me a little while to realise that we weren't expected to be evacuating...

craigsahibee
19-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Essendon = PURE & UTTER FILTH.

Nothing better than beating them and watching their moronic mob leave early. They believe they have a right to play finals footy and are unable to accept defeat.

Mitcha
20-07-2009, 12:04 AM
I was there.

I almost marked the ball when Will kicked a goal after his 50m penalty.
Heard footsteps?

Mitcha
20-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I snuck in with my bro & cousin in level 1 aisle 10 just in front of the Victory Room public bar. Sean Denham sitting in front of us calling Aker soft. I replied not bad for a 3 times premiership player!
Lonnie?

Mantis
20-07-2009, 12:07 AM
Heard footsteps?

Something like that.

Desipura
20-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Lonnie?
Yes, and who are you? Craig?

Desipura
20-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes, and who are you? Craig?
Or are you one of the ex statisticians?

LostDoggy
20-07-2009, 10:38 AM
There is nothing new about Essendon having moronic supporters. This has been the case forever. My mother-in-law is a supporter. Says it all really.

Somebody said on Friday night that we have beaten them over the last six starts. How sweet it is.

Stefcep
20-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Seeing as our membership numbers stayed steady through our terrible times I'm quite confused by this statement.

Memberships sold don't correlate with out attendances. We get more non-members rocking up to games if we are on a winning streak, but one loss and they won't show up. Ofcourse we have our hardcore of members, but seem to be more affected by blow-ins that sometomes show and others don't.

Topdog
20-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Memberships sold don't correlate with out attendances. We get more non-members rocking up to games if we are on a winning streak, but one loss and they won't show up. Ofcourse we have our hardcore of members, but seem to be more affected by blow-ins that sometomes show and others don't.

More affected than which other clubs? Richmond signed an extra 7,000 members because Ben Cousins signed. Hawthorn now have 50,000 members after winning a premiership. Carltank are actually getting people to their games this year.

The blow-ins happen at every club but we would have to be one of the smallest in terms of non members suddenly showing. We have the highest fan to member ratio in Victoria if I recall correctly so I just can't understand where a comment like that comes from.

Desipura
21-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Mitcha, where are you? I will take another guess and ask whether your real name is Scott or Grant?

Mitcha
21-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Mitcha, where are you? I will take another guess and ask whether your real name is Scott or Grant?
Negative, keep trying. I think I know some of those guys you mentioned.

Desipura
22-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Negative, keep trying. I think I know some of those guys you mentioned.

Almost everyone knows Lonnie, do you know my name?

Mantis
22-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Almost everyone knows Lonnie, do you know my name?

I don't.

Desipura
22-07-2009, 10:57 AM
if not by name, by face you will. You have highlighted the key words.

Stefcep
22-07-2009, 12:48 PM

The blow-ins happen at every club but we would have to be one of the smallest in terms of non members suddenly showing. We have the highest fan to member ratio in Victoria if I recall correctly

How do you measure something like this?

My perception from going to games and limited to the people I know is that many are not members but will go of we win a few in a row, but if we lose one they won't show up.

Topdog
22-07-2009, 01:47 PM
How do you measure something like this?

My perception from going to games and limited to the people I know is that many are not members but will go of we win a few in a row, but if we lose one they won't show up.

From surveys done by the AFL.

And how does that compare to Melbourne, Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon and so on?

Desipura
23-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Mitcha, is your surname Connor or Kennedy?

GVGjr
23-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Mitcha, is your surname Connor or Kennedy?

How about we move this to a private message discussion between the two of you?