PDA

View Full Version : Kosi & Dawson to Miss

aker39
20-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Kosi & Dawson have been offered 1 week.

Neither of them can have it reduced with a early plea.

Hey Ross, the bookies have just turned us in a point.

Mantis
20-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Yippee!!

The Coon Dog
20-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I just get the feeling that they'll both go to the tribunal & have their suspensions quashed like Jordan Lewis did.

G-Mo77
20-07-2009, 06:24 PM
I knew Dawson was a gonner. It was a fair bump but it was so far away from the ball he may as well have done it in the change rooms. Didn't see Kosi's

Topdog
20-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Kosi's was terrible certainly deserves the suspension and no chance of being overturned.

I haven't seen Dawson's.

Sedat
20-07-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure this is great news (the Dawson part anyway). Instead of replacing Dawson with another key defender (like Maguire or Hudghton if fit), St Kilda will probably choose to bolster their midfield stocks, taking away from an area that we might have had a slight advantage. Dawson had no real match-up anyway, and we could have been proactive in isolating him one-out against a more mobile smaller forward.

LostDoggy
20-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Yippee!!

Ditto, but I also heard on the radio today that Kosi may not play because he split the webbing on his fingers in yesterdays match??? Maybe the 1 week means nothing then, if he wasn't fit to play anyway?

Rocco Jones
20-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure this is great news (the Dawson part anyway). Instead of replacing Dawson with another key defender (like Maguire or Hudghton if fit), St Kilda will probably choose to bolster their midfield stocks, taking away from an area that we might have had a slight advantage. Dawson had no real match-up anyway, and we could have been proactive in isolating him one-out against a more mobile smaller forward.

Depending on whether Max is fit and where Maguire plays, it might free up Welsh who can damage weaker opponents. But Zac being out is pretty meh to me as well.

Kosi is a good one to have out though. He adds a lot to their forward line structure. It has very tall or small, where we are a whole bunch of mediums. He allows Riewoldt to play his natural lead up role and is great for their small forwards like Milne, Schneider and McQualter.

LostDoggy
20-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Missing two players combined with the 6 day turnaround with us having 8 days, I think we have a chance. But....was scarey the way they put Adelaide away after coming back from Perth, the self belief is the hardest thing for us to overcome.

As for Adelaide what were they thinking by playing a first gamer and a player that hasn't played AFL for over 12 months:eek:

Sockeye Salmon
20-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Kosi should take the week and run like hell.

Dog act. Could easily have been rated intentional, he couldn't make the spoil so he straight out punched him in the back of the head.

BornInDroopSt'54
20-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I would rather they had their strongest team in so that a victory for us would really mean something and if we lose it provides an indicator of where we need to improve against them in the finals.

1eyedog
20-07-2009, 08:16 PM
I would rather they had their strongest team in so that a victory for us would really mean something and if we lose it provides an indicator of where we need to improve against them in the finals.

Yeah but that's footy isn't it. Can only play against the opposition that is put in front of you as the saying goes. Everyone suffers injury drawbacks, we didn't have Murph when we played them last time.

alwaysadog
20-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I just get the feeling that they'll both go to the tribunal & have their suspensions quashed like Jordan Lewis did.

Sounds all too familiar TCD, and was my immediate reaction to hearing the news. I won't be holding my breath when they appeal.

Dancin' Douggy
20-07-2009, 09:15 PM

I don't.

Rocco Jones
20-07-2009, 09:19 PM

If we had a top four spot locked in I wouldn't care about them missing quality players but right now our biggest need is locking up that spot.

alwaysadog
20-07-2009, 09:29 PM

Nothing is fair in love, war and football. Nothing will be an exact indicator of where we are at. In all things luck and circumstance play a deciding role and if there ever was such a thing as reality in football the tabloid media destroyed it decades ago.

Should lady luck smile on us (and it's yet to be confirmed that she has even shown her face) I'll take it because she has so often frowned.

Perception is everything and the impact of knocking them off even if slightly under full strength for an emerging side like ours is of far greater value than any purist notion of a more honourable victory, and infinitely better than a narrow loss.

boydogs
20-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Ditto, but I also heard on the radio today that Kosi may not play because he split the webbing on his fingers in yesterdays match??? Maybe the 1 week means nothing then, if he wasn't fit to play anyway?

Not sure, but it might help them make the call to not challenge and risk the two week suspension if he will be underdone and/or risking further damage to his hand even if he plays

hujsh
20-07-2009, 11:33 PM

4 points is 4 points. Let's sew up top 4 before we worry about anything else.

Topdog
21-07-2009, 10:31 AM

I would prefer to have our strongest team aswell but we don't.

LostDoggy
21-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Kosi should take the week and run like hell.

Dog act. Could easily have been rated intentional, he couldn't make the spoil so he straight out punched him in the back of the head.

Totally agree with this -- how it's only a week is beyond me. He just flat-out punched the guy in the back of the head with no regard for the ball whatsoever!

Don't tell me the AFL doesn't play favourites.. if it was Barry Hall that would be 6 weeks.

wb_age
21-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Sounds all too familiar TCD, and was my immediate reaction to hearing the news. I won't be holding my breath when they appeal.
They have 50mins left to appeal.
So we will know by 11am.

LostDoggy
21-07-2009, 11:27 AM
They have 50mins left to appeal.
So we will know by 11am.

I don't see how either of them have a leg to stand on in appealing. They were both lucky it wasn't more weeks, if anything.

Kosi's was appalling (one match for punching a guy in the head for no good reason?!), and Dawson's wasn't even in play, high and cowardly. If Murph's bump from last year, which was directly in play, going for the ball and accidental, deserved a week, Dawson's should be at least three.

What will their line of defence be? We're your favourites, shameless media whores, and on all your advertising material, so un-suspend us?

wb_age
21-07-2009, 12:24 PM
What will their line of defence be? We're your favourites, shameless media whores, and on all your advertising material, so un-suspend us?

Sounds about right. Funny thing is, it may just work.

aker39
21-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Kosi took his medicine, Dawson is appealing.

Mofra
21-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Kosi took his medicine, Dawson is appealing.
Not too fussed - Kosi is a massive out for them, Dawson is "eh"

AndrewP6
21-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Totally agree with this -- how it's only a week is beyond me. He just flat-out punched the guy in the back of the head with no regard for the ball whatsoever!

Don't tell me the AFL doesn't play favourites.. if it was Barry Hall that would be 6 weeks.

Great point. No one will be bagging Kosi after an intentional punch to the BACK of the head. He'll just have a week's rest, and be back in. Bazza would be gone for half the year.

Sedat
21-07-2009, 01:31 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25811221-19742,00.html

Saints are contesting the Dawson verdict. Interesting.

Studentlib
21-07-2009, 01:48 PM
With outstanding points hanging over his head, Kosi with sore hand would have taken the week, rests up and heads into finals with clean sheet. Thats if I understand the tribunal rules.

The Coon Dog
21-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Zac Dawson lost his appeal at the tribunal tonight & is now suspended for 2 matches.

aker39
21-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Zac Dawson lost his appeal at the tribunal tonight & is now suspended for 2 matches.

So he should.

I couldn't believe the saints supporters on the other site trying to defend him.

GVGjr
21-07-2009, 09:55 PM
So he should.

I couldn't believe the saints supporters on the other site trying to defend him.

Par for the course I would have thought. :)

Topdog
21-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Par for the course I would have thought. :)

It was odd, they were all saying that Kosi deserved a week but Dawson nothing except for 1 Saints fan who showed the rules and said Dawson deserves to go. It was a disgusting bit of play and I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could defend it. They showed it on 'On the Couch' and Healy seemed to imply that it shouldnt get any weeks.