PDA

View Full Version : Saints clash has Bulldogs salivating, says Hahn

BulldogBelle
21-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Hahn...

Saints clash has Bulldogs salivating, says Hahn (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/81070/default.aspx)
AFL Website
Jennifer Witham | Tue 21 July, 2009

WESTERN Bulldogs forward Mitch Hahn says his side can't wait to find out how it measures up to the undefeated St Kilda on Saturday night.

Hahn said the round 17 match would also give the Dogs a chance to gauge their improvement since losing to the ladder-leaders in round six.

"There's a lot of excitement because you get to judge where you are," Hahn said on Tuesday.

"Everyone knows at the moment they are the best defensive side, and then Geelong. Then everyone else is probably talking about us.

"It's an opportunity to go out there and see where we're at six weeks from finals. We've still got a lot of improvement and we'll find out how much we've improved since the last time we played them."

Hahn said the Dogs would need to lift their execution level this week if they were to avoid repeating the defeat they suffered at the hands of Ross Lyon's men earlier in the season.

"Last time, I think our skills let us down. I'm not sure what our kicking efficiency was, but I think it was probably the second lowest for the year," he said.

"Especially with their pressure … with Adelaide on the weekend, they pressured them so well, and they can have a lot of uncontested marks as well.

"That's something we're going to have to have a look at shutting down. You've got guys like [Nick] Riewoldt, who is in amazing form, so our backs have a tough job ahead of them and the rest of the team have to be able to help those guys out."

He said it was almost disappointing that St Kilda forward Justin Koschitzke would miss the match after the Saints accepted his one-match suspension for striking.

"You want them to have their best team out there," he said.

"They'll have them there in the finals, and [Koschitzke] was out there last time we played them.

"No player likes to see another player get suspended, and it's always good to play a team at full strength. I don't think we clap and cheer they don't have their best team in."

Hahn kicked five goals for the second time this year on Friday night, and agreed it was encouraging to carry solid individual form into the clash with the top-ranked side.

"I was pretty rapt with the way I played, but it's more about us as a team, having 22 players to contribute," he said.

"I get a lot out of watching Brian Lake and what he's done over the past couple of weeks, and Jarrod Harbrow this year down back, and Ryan Hargrave.

"As an individual, it's more about the team rather than myself, and to get the result, that's the main thing.

"It was a good day for me individually, but as a team collectively, it was more important we had 22 even contributors."

Mantis
21-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks for that BB, just a quick one:

Why do you always place a little comment before the article? Seems strange especially this one where you don't really add anything to the piece.

BulldogBelle
21-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks for that BB, just a quick one:

Why do you always place a little comment before the article? Seems strange especially this one where you don't really add anything to the piece.

The comments are my way of introducing the articles that I post up, it's just something I have always done. :)

Mantis
21-07-2009, 08:40 PM
The comments are my way of introducing the articles that I post up, it's just something I have always done. :)

I thought the thread title did that job.

BulldogBelle
21-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I thought the thread title did that job.

Well I think a little extra does the job also. :)

LostDoggy
21-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Well I think a little extra does the job also. :)

I like it too BB. Seems to me we are all a little snappy around WOOF at the moment - let's just all chill.:)

LostDoggy
21-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I like it that BulldogBelle does the little comment, sometimes it gives me more of an idea of what the article will be about and if I can be bothered fully reading it or not.

Mantis
21-07-2009, 10:23 PM
I like it that BulldogBelle does the little comment, sometimes it gives me more of an idea of what the article will be about and if I can be bothered fully reading it or not.

So do I, but I prefer when the little blurb is my than one word because in this instance writing 'Hahn' offered nothing.

LostDoggy
21-07-2009, 10:35 PM
So do I, but I prefer when the little blurb is my than one word because in this instance writing 'Hahn' offered nothing.

Yeah, I must admit the ones that are more of a sentence give a bit more of an insight, but whatever, I don't mind. Each to their own with habits I guess.

LostDoggy
22-07-2009, 10:58 AM
I like it too BB. Seems to me we are all a little snappy around WOOF at the moment - let's just all chill.:)

C'mon guys, can we talk about the article?? :) I hope that all the players are of the mindset of the 'dozer - this week is a great chance for us all to see where we are at! We certainly are playing much better than the last time we met, but I think that the Saints probably are too? Hoping for a close, hard-fought battle, where the dogs come out as winners :D

Desipura
22-07-2009, 02:54 PM
BRING IT ON!
There is a touch of Essendon 2000 when they won all the games in succession and we knocked them off, would love for it to happen again.