PDA

View Full Version : Delighted or Dissapointed?

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 12:07 PM
mmmm, Not sure how to feel about this one - what do you think?.......

Just recieved a letter hand addressed (in pen) to Sebastian Sparke. On the back it is hand written c/o level 1, 214 Graham St, Port Melbourne.

Now Seb, being 6, doesn't get mail very often! So I was interested to see what it was. When I opened it all that was inside was this (I scanned it to show you how plain and b&w it is!!)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3447/3747257313_202416f1df.jpg?v=0

That's it!! :eek: No signature, no colour :confused: So you tell me, did this come from Aker and did he, himself, really get and see the pictures Seb so lovingly drew for him?
Seb spent so much time writing the letter to Aker. (and Seb doesn't like hand writing much - so it was really something special for him!)

Anyway I guess I'm happy that 'something' came back for Seb, but can't help feeling a little dissapointed cause really - I could have typed that up, printed it and mailed it myself!! :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 12:51 PM
By the way - I REALLY REALLY didn't mean that post to sound ungrateful!! I apologise if it did. I guess I was taken a little by shock. Over it now and realise of course it's a great thing for Seb :)

GVGjr
23-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Personally I would be rapt for the Seb to have received that. The club or Akermanis didn't have to do it but I think it's a very nice touch.

Yes it would have been a bit better if it had a more personal touch but it's a huge business right at the sharp end of an important season and I'm happy they are more focused on the football.

FWIW, I think Seb has done very well.

bornadog
23-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Jodie

If you are worried that its not legit, ring the club and talk to someone, they are very good with communications like that.

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 02:39 PM
mmmm, Not sure how to feel about this one - what do you think?.......

Not sure- I'm not 6 years old. If the kid's happy, let it be- that's all that matters.

comrade
23-07-2009, 02:43 PM
In between getting feedback on his blog from Rocket, Murph etc, winning Auskicker of the Year and getting a personalized letter from Aker, I think it’s safe to assume that Seb would be over the moon, which in the end is all that matters.

Desipura
23-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Young Seb has had a huge few weeks as mentioned by Comrade ^^^^^ As I kid, I could only dream of what Seb has received from the club.
We cannot take things for granted, these kind gestures by the club cannot go on forever.
Im sure Seb's love of the club is enormous and he can look back when he is older with fond memories.

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Personally I would be rapt for the Seb to have received that. The club or Akermanis didn't have to do it but I think it's a very nice touch.

Yes it would have been a bit better if it had a more personal touch but it's a huge business right at the sharp end of an important season and I'm happy they are more focused on the football.

FWIW, I think Seb has done very well.

Absolutley right - ALL of you! I know he will be very much over the moon. And that IS all that matters :)
Thanks guys!

ledge
23-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Take the letter to the club , get it signed by Aker and frame it!

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Take the letter to the club , get it signed by Aker and frame it!

Great idea!! Why didn't I think of that :D When we finally make it down to training it can come with us.
Thanks Ledge ;)

BTW, Seb was very impressed that Aker wrote to him, when he got home from school. And guess who's the popular kid at school at the moment!!!! Just hope he doesn't come crashing down anytime soon. Even his school work has improved with all this new found confidence.

He plays his first real footy game for, a whole 40min with mouth guard and everything (as he would say!!) on Sun (not just auskick). He's playing with the current under 9's and the hopefuls for next year. Kinda like a mini draft LOL He's very excited about that - hope he doesn't flop!

ledge
23-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Just on that Jodie if you happen to have a little picture of Aker, footy card size, stick it on the left hand corner before you frame it, will look awesome.

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 07:56 PM
yeah cool!! Seb actually has asigned Aker card from last year. One of those foil signed footy cards that you can buy.
Thanks for that :D

jazzadogs
23-07-2009, 08:15 PM
It's a decent effort. I'd say the odds of it being from Aker are fairly low, but I doubt Seb would care. I have a little brother that age, and he gets excited over any letter from the Saints (yes, he is one of the enemy!)
A player who used to be surprisingly good with him though was Aaron Hamill. Nothing like the brutal enforcer he was on the ground, he would constantly single my bro out at family day's for kick-to-kick. And when my brother invited him to his birthday party, Aaron actually called our house to talk to him! My whole family crowded around the phone while it was on speaker...a big moment!

The Adelaide Connection
23-07-2009, 08:51 PM
I was stoked when my membership last year had a personal note from Rocket on it and that they apparently called a press conference to say how stoked they were that I signed up.

LostDoggy
24-07-2009, 10:26 AM
I was stoked when my membership last year had a personal note from Rocket on it and that they apparently called a press conference to say how stoked they were that I signed up.

:confused::confused: hugh?

The Adelaide Connection
24-07-2009, 11:29 AM
:confused::confused: hugh?

Sorry that came off a bit straight laced didn't it? I should have put some smiley faces at the end to show I wasn't being serious. I was also assuming everyone else got the same fake press conference article (that has Rocket talking about how stoked he was that you personally signed) when they got their membership packs last year?

AndrewP6
24-07-2009, 12:30 PM
I loved it when they sent out those "newspaper" articles talking about the fact that I hadn't yet signed up, but they were confident I would soon do so. Funny stuff!

LostDoggy
24-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Sorry that came off a bit straight laced didn't it? I should have put some smiley faces at the end to show I wasn't being serious. I was also assuming everyone else got the same fake press conference article (that has Rocket talking about how stoked he was that you personally signed) when they got their membership packs last year?

Ah, of course - no probs, I get it LOL :D