PDA

View Full Version : Aker on The Footy Show

The Coon Dog
23-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Apparently Aker will be on The Footy Show tonight.

Might make it just a tad more interesting.

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 09:35 PM
yeah just heard that. Always love to see a Dog on the Footy Show. Except Aker doesn't always say much these days.

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 10:13 PM
My daughter wanted to stay up and watch her favourite player, bad sadly it's bedtime.

hujsh
23-07-2009, 10:29 PM
My daughter wanted to stay up and watch her favourite player, bad sadly it's bedtime.

booooooooo

strebla
23-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Apparently big news on the Bulldogs with Hutchy

comrade
23-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Apparently big news on the Bulldogs with Hutchy

Knowing Hutchy, it's probably that we've been quoted as saying we'll talk to Barry at some stage.

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Could you guys keep us posted on that 'big' news?
I am unable to watch the footy show..

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 11:44 PM
Big News = Lake "rejecting" a 2yr $300k contract and negotiations have been postponed untill later in the year.

And "4 clubs" interested mainly "interstate clubs". Lake is a lot to us..hope its all sorted and Hutchys just bored & needed some breaking news.

lemmon
23-07-2009, 11:44 PM
The big news was that APPARENTLY Lake has rejected a two year deal worth $300,000 a year and their are a few other clubs courting him

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 11:46 PM
I love how they pump these things up, the media makes out Lake wants to leave.

This is all part of negotiating a new contract, he won't go anywhere.

The Coon Dog
23-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Could you guys keep us posted on that 'big' news?
I am unable to watch the footy show..

Hutchy said Brian Lake's contract negotiation has been deferred until after the end of the season.

Apparently Lake is on $175K P.A. & the Bulldogs have offered him a 2 year contract worth $300K P.A.

Asking for $400K P.A. & a 3 year deal.

4 clubs prepared to offer him a deal, including 2 from interstate.

LostDoggy
23-07-2009, 11:51 PM
I love how they pump these things up, the media makes out Lake wants to leave.

This is all part of negotiating a new contract, he won't go anywhere.

Optimistic thinking,,i sure hope so!
If he goes, it would severely damage us..

G-Mo77
24-07-2009, 01:39 AM
I'm confident he'll stay. When you look at it there are not a whole lot of players that do leave their clubs. We are pretty close to the promised land right now and I'm sure Lake would want to be a part of it considering all the hard work he has put in over the years. Once the financial side of things are sorted out it will all fall into place.

I wouldn't panic about big fat Hutchy's "scoop" It's negotiating, offers get rejected all the time.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Hutchy said Brian Lake's contract negotiation has been deferred until after the end of the season.

Apparently Lake is on $175K P.A. & the Bulldogs have offered him a 2 year contract worth $300K P.A.

Asking for $400K P.A. & a 3 year deal.

4 clubs prepared to offer him a deal, including 2 from interstate.

Gee that's low don't you think.

The Coon Dog
24-07-2009, 08:21 AM

Obviously his manager didn't think so at the time he negotiated it, nor did Brian who signed a contract, but in answer to your question, yes, that figure surprised me.

Topdog
24-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Haha what a scoop. Isn't that exactly what Brian said at the end of last week. "They offered me a contract but my manager and I decided to wait until the end of the season"

Mantis
24-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Haha what a scoop. Isn't that exactly what Brian said at the end of last week. "They offered me a contract which we rejected so my manager and I decided to wait until the end of the season"

Edited for accuracy.

Desipura
24-07-2009, 09:03 AM
At the end of the day, it is not as if both parties are miles apart. $100k is not too difficult to negotiate and given his age, a 3 yar contract is not unreasonable.

craigsahibee
24-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Give him what he wants. We would be stuffed without him.

LostDoggy
24-07-2009, 10:15 AM

I let Seb stay up and watch Aker when he first came out - before they went into the games and such. I couldn't not let him since the man sent him a letter that very same day!!

As for Lake, well I'm fairly sure the Dogs know that we NEED him and are not stupid enough to let him go. And I don't think Lake would want to go - not yet anyway. We'll have to wait and see.

As for TFS it's self....yeah it's usually pretty lame and hard to watch most times. It's definatley a case of them thinking they are funny and trying way too hard to be. The off the cuff remarks are the only funny bits usually. Oh and I don't mind seeing the 'wierdos' on street talk. Apart from that, it's pretty crap really! Especially last night with that tacky marriage proposal :eek: Everyone one looked SOOOO uncomforatbale. Was very cringe worthy! :o

BornInDroopSt'54
24-07-2009, 10:52 AM
If every player was paid what their open market value is, we'd be paying a substantial lot more than we could afford. It's a paradox. The club has suffered from this all their existence, being unable to attract quality interstate players before the existence of the draft and needing to 'sell' stars, e.g. Tom Alvin etc etc to stay afloat. I hope Lake gets the money he deserves and luckily we have the promise of ultimate success, for a rare time in our history, to bargain with in the absence of a heap of the folding stuff.
It does beg the question though: are AFL players' incomes holding the game to ransome? The cost of going to the footy is in direct proportion to player payments. It is said Melbourne cannot support its existing clubs. The passion of the football supporter is being milked for all its worth.

AndrewP6
24-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Give him what he wants. We would be stuffed without him.

Agreed 100000000 %.

Is it going to take a 33 year old man, sending his 20cents pocket money in to the club, in order to convince Brian to stay?

Mofra
24-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Most players are on far less than what papers/fans tend to quote. I wont give specifics due to the Privacy Act ;)

Topdog
24-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Edited for accuracy.

True, my point was just that it wasn't an exclusive at all.

comrade
24-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Agreed 100000000 %.

Is it going to take a 33 year old man, sending his 20cents pocket money in to the club, in order to convince Brian to stay?

With inflation it's probably going to take 50 cents.

Dig deep.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Most players are on far less than what papers/fans tend to quote. I wont give specifics due to the Privacy Act ;)

Yes I can understand that. If he was on $175,000 a year or thereabouts I'd imagined that that contract must have been signed before his B & F year.

Desipura
24-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok then, I will say how much I think Lake is on and you say yes or no. That way there is no breaking of the privacy act. ;)

LostDoggy
24-07-2009, 06:53 PM
We couldnt let him go surely, he is vital to our structure.

bulldogtragic
24-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Lake isn't going anywhere.

It's just whether the club has to retire some players to free enough salary cap room. It will be 30yo+ players who may be going somewhere... retirement.

BulldogBelle
24-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Lake isn't going anywhere.

It's just whether the club has to retire some players to free enough salary cap room. It will be 30yo+ players who may be going somewhere... retirement.

Yeah. It will be Lakey's best mate at the club, Nathan Eagleton, and a fellow South Australian in Scott Welsh that get the chop

With Big Bad Bustling & Bruising Barry Hall, Aker and club legend Johhno still playing next year there wont be enough room for Eagle and Welsh

AndrewP6
24-07-2009, 11:05 PM
With inflation it's probably going to take 50 cents.

Dig deep.

Done. I'm lifting up the couch cushions as we speak.