PDA

View Full Version : Still some good people in the world

AndrewP6
26-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Tonight started badly...got there nice and early, bought my ticket on Level 2. Headed off to ATM for money... and promptly dropped my wallet - with my just-bought ticket in it! Retraced my steps (those who've met me will get the irony!) but to no avail. Anyway, I was very upset, looked for all money like I'd have to just get back on the train and go home :( Went to Customer Service, who didn't have it but took my number. Very kindly, they gave me a Medallion Club ticket, so at least I got to go in, and not have to trudge home (Couldn't have the best time in the MC, as I had no money!). I got a call at half time, and lo and behold, THEY HAD IT! Someone apparently handed it in. They were obviously not looking to rob me, as the ticket I'd bought was still in it! Fortunately I had no money either.

Anyhoo, cut a long story short... with the shocking match we put in, I at least had some good news to go home with! Thanks to the mystery person/s who kindly returned it.

BornInDroopSt'54
26-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Very mixed feelings for you. You were like the players, nervous and taking your eye off the ball. Lesson for you and the players: concentrate on possession before you think about what to do next.

LostDoggy
26-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Very mixed feelings for you. You were like the players, nervous and taking your eye off the ball. Lesson for you and the players: concentrate on possession before you think about what to do next.

Great call!

LostDoggy
27-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Good to hear that there are still some descent people about. Very glad to hear you got it back! I hate that feeling, when you loose your wallet - just aweful. Even thought the result of the game was so bad, I'm sure you had a relieved feeling in your heart with your wallet safely back in your pocket!!

AndrewP6
27-07-2009, 09:34 PM

It's a joke at my expense, so normally I'd hate it... but that's funny!:)

AndrewP6
27-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Good to hear that there are still some descent people about. Very glad to hear you got it back! I hate that feeling, when you loose your wallet - just aweful. Even thought the result of the game was so bad, I'm sure you had a relieved feeling in your heart with your wallet safely back in your pocket!!

Thanks..yeah it certainly was a huge relief...I was dreading having to replace bankcards, licence etc... Yep, once I got it back (half time) it was at least one thing that went right on the night!

LostDoggy
27-07-2009, 09:43 PM
There really are good people in the world!
Like that Sk. Kilda girl that gave me the grand final ticket!
Cant get over the generosity
She probably wants me to see a Saints premiership..

bornadog
30-07-2009, 10:16 AM
There really are good people in the world!
Like that Sk. Kilda girl that gave me the grand final ticket!
Cant get over the generosity
She probably wants me to see a Saints premiership..

or she has the hots for you;)

LostDoggy
30-07-2009, 12:47 PM
or she has the hots for you;)

LOL!
Well she was'nt that bad of a chick.
Come grand final day i might be sitting next to her! =D

bornadog
30-07-2009, 02:11 PM
LOL!
Well she was'nt that bad of a chick.
Come grand final day i might be sitting next to her! =D

Maybe you can convert her to a Doggies supporter:p

LostDoggy
30-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Maybe you can convert her to a Doggies supporter:p

Or at least make sure your kids are in the future.