PDA

View Full Version : J.Brown or N.Riewoldt?

wimberga
28-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Its all in the name fellas, who would you rather have in your side?

its ok to dream right? :rolleyes:

Sockeye Salmon
28-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Bloody hell. Would you rather shag Megan Gale or Miranda Kerr? Who cares, either would do just nicely thank you very much.

FWIW, Riewoldt by a millimetre.

LostDoggy
28-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Brown.

Proven performer in finals & GF, massive unit & is a better kick for goal.

The Adelaide Connection
28-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Brown. Just. Maybe I am only saying that because I am still bitter from Saturday night when everytime he did something good one of my Saints supporting friends would send "REEEEEEIIIIIIVVVVOOOOOLLLLDDDDTTTT" in text messages. I got a lot of messages.

On a side note I have a mate who is not exactly an athlete or a star player who is still kicking around in amateurs who proudly has a claim to fame that when he used to live and play for Port Fairy as a kid he was "knocked out by Jonathon Brown". Apparently it was in the first few minutes of the game and he was standing him in the goalsquare and Brown just gave him one off the back of the contest in front of them. He doesn't remember a thing. He loves it.

LostDoggy
28-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Browny for sure...

AndrewP6
28-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Browny.

Happy Days
28-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Too tough to split on talent; Browny, because he's a better bloke.

boydogs
28-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Brown.

Proven performer in finals & GF, massive unit & is a better kick for goal.

Riewoldt is more of a CHF with Brown at FF. Riewoldt is better further up the ground kicking to the FF, which avoids the goalkicking concern somewhat. I think he takes more difficult shots than Brown as he does not stay as deep, and since Gehrig retired takes more shots on goal from difficult spots. Brian Lake used this to advantage when playing against him by only manning him until he got outside 40 and on an angle, but not sure this was particularly effective. I would take Riewoldt for his workrate, leading the comp for marks.

Dry Rot
28-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Both thanks, re-sign Lake and throw in Bock at CHB. Bring on GF 2010!

craigsahibee
29-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Browny in a heartbeat.

Saint Nick is and always will be a sook.

Can't wait to see them fail in September.

Mofra
29-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Riewoldt simply for workrate.
Browny might work a little better in our structure (as it is) but Riewoldt can do it all.

LostDoggy
29-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Brown without a doubt
He doesn't come with female-like issues resulting in him crying.

mighty_west
29-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Browny by a country mile.

AndrewP6
29-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Riewoldt simply for workrate.
Browny might work a little better in our structure (as it is) but Riewoldt can do it all.

Oh yes, he's good alright...just ask him, he'll tell you.

Scorlibo
29-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Riewoldt is a harder worker, more consistent and a better player, but Brown would work best for us.

Ozza
29-07-2009, 06:27 PM
^^^^^

What he said!

lemmon
29-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Browny, big contested marking boy from Warrnambool who will drag your team across the line on his own. The stuff dreams are made of for doggies fans.

Topdog
29-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Riewoldt is a harder worker, more consistent and a better player, but Brown would work best for us.

Where does all this Riewoldt is more consistent stuff come from?

I'm struggling to remember a game where JBrown hasn't been very very good this season. He has been the best forward this year by the length of the straight in my opinion and his kicking for goal sets him apart from all others at the moment.

LostDoggy
30-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Where does all this Riewoldt is more consistent stuff come from?

I'm struggling to remember a game where JBrown hasn't been very very good this season. He has been the best forward this year by the length of the straight in my opinion and his kicking for goal sets him apart from all others at the moment.

Correct. The only times Browny has struggled a little bit was when carrying an injury.

Far, far superior KPF.. all things being equal, stands up in the biggest games and as safe a set-shot after the siren as anyone in the history of the game, which sets him miles apart from Riewoldt in that respect, who is liable to go missing.

LostDoggy
30-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Riewoldt thanks;)

LostDoggy
30-07-2009, 07:23 PM
My friends mum has a framed picture of Riewoldt sitting on her sideboard with all the family photos. WTF.

ANyway i'm going to say Brown because I dont hate him.

Topdog
30-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Correct. The only times Browny has struggled a little bit was when carrying an injury.

Far, far superior KPF.. all things being equal, stands up in the biggest games and as safe a set-shot after the siren as anyone in the history of the game, which sets him miles apart from Riewoldt in that respect, who is liable to go missing.

I've looked it up and his worst game this year was against the Saints. He only had 8 possessions for the game with 3 goals. He has only kicked less than 3 goals in 4 matches this year and has never kicked 1 or 0 in a game. Kicked 63 goals 32 behinds for the year which is very very accurate and wouldn't have anywhere near the amount complete misses that Nick does.

Big_Willba
30-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Brown:)

hujsh
01-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Brown is the ideal KP forward.

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Then again.. Pavlich.

Better fit for the Dogs than either of those two (not that they would all be fantastic, mind you).