PDA

View Full Version : Switch of games could be on

BulldogBelle
31-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Hope it does happen and we do get an extra day's rest...

Switch of games could be on (http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/switch-of-games-could-be-on-20090731-e4bu.html)
Brisbane Times | July 31, 2009

The AFL is considering switching the order of games in round 22 to give some finalists an extra day's rest before the first weekend of the post-season.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said on Friday the AFL was considering changing the schedule to accommodate St Kilda, the Western Bulldogs and Collingwood, who all play on the Sunday.

Those three clubs are a good chance to finish in the top four.

The Saints-Melbourne game and Collingwood-Bulldogs clashes could be played earlier on the weekend, which would give the sides a longer break.

Click HERE (http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-sport/switch-of-games-could-be-on-20090731-e4bu.html) to read the remainder of the article....

The Bulldogs Bite
31-07-2009, 11:32 PM
They should do it. It's only logical, especially as these three teams will all finish Top Four. (Assuming Collingwood get over Brisbane)

A 6 day break wouldn't be fair.

The AFL needs to show some flexibility.

G-Mo77
01-08-2009, 02:46 AM
I think it is just tough luck. The draw was made at the start of the year it shouldn't be changed to accomaodate other teams because of potential finals games.

Topdog
01-08-2009, 06:40 AM
If they couldn't do it for the Saints vs Geelong game how will they do it for the these games?

LostDoggy
01-08-2009, 07:32 AM
If it was possible, all last round games should be on the same time or at least the same day.

dog town
01-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Bugger that I already have medallion club seats for that game and can only attend on the sunday.

Desipura
01-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Hey TCD, would this change your mind as to who you would rather play?

Topdog
01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Bugger that I already have medallion club seats for that game and can only attend on the sunday.

And this is why the game won't be changed.

Sockeye Salmon
01-08-2009, 10:57 AM
They can't change venues because of corporate box arangements, but they can change days.

It's just common sense.

BulldogBelle
01-08-2009, 10:02 PM
We are playing Collingwood...

Not much more to say apart from the fact they will be given the red carpet treatment due to the fact that they will finish top 4 most likely and be 2 + finals (big TV audience & big game day attendence throughout the finals)

Our fortune for round 22 by default

If we were playing Freo or Melbourne in round 22 on a Sunday afternoon we would be told to suck it up

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I'd be happy for the game to be moved - twilight games suck. :mad:

aker39
03-08-2009, 08:26 AM
I'd be happy for the game to be moved - twilight games suck. :mad:

It will still be a twilight game, just on Saturday.

Desipura
03-08-2009, 04:05 PM
If they change it, I will not be going to this game. Got my daughters 3rd birthday. Will be my first Melb game I have not attended in a while

Remi Moses
03-08-2009, 04:24 PM
We are playing Collingwood...

Not much more to say apart from the fact they will be given the red carpet treatment due to the fact that they will finish top 4 most likely and be 2 + finals (big TV audience & big game day attendence throughout the finals)

Our fortune for round 22 by default

If we were playing Freo or Melbourne in round 22 on a Sunday afternoon we would be told to suck it up

To true if it was only us we'd get the two fingers.:mad:

bornadog
03-08-2009, 04:43 PM
If they change it, I will not be going to this game. Got my daughters 3rd birthday. Will be my first Melb game I have not attended in a while

What agreat birthday present, watching the Dogs:D

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 07:51 PM

A Saturday twilight game would be ok, Sunday twilight games are crap with having to get up for work the next morning....

The Coon Dog
03-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Article in full (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/81961/default.aspx)

AFL considers changing fixture for round 22

By Cameron Noakes 6:17 PM Mon 03 August, 2009

THE AFL is considering altering the order of its round-22 games to give some teams an extra day's break before they start their finals campaign.

AFL chief operations officer Gillon McLachlan said he would be notifying clubs this week of what changes – if any - would be made to the fixture.

Currently three of the top-four teams play on the last Sunday of the home-and-away season and AFL chiefs have been discussing moving the Collingwood/Western Bulldogs game, which is the final game of the home-and-away season and is scheduled to start at 4.40pm.

LostDoggy
04-08-2009, 05:58 AM
I dont mind sunday twilight games, although id prefer not to have them, but i still can't figure out why they would have one in the last round of the season, fair enough have them during the season, thats fine, but not round 22, when finals start the next week, and at the start of the year noone knows whos making finals and who isn't, afl are just stupid sometimes...

chef
04-08-2009, 08:25 AM
With West Coast saying no to a swap to Friday, why can't we just have two games on Friday night?

Desipura
04-08-2009, 09:01 AM
What agreat birthday present, watching the Dogs:D
Seeing as it will be on foxtel, I may have to have it on in the background. My bro is a mad doggies man like me so I cant see us missing watching it live on tv!

The Coon Dog
04-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Eade wants Rd22 clash moved (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/82012/default.aspx)

By Jennifer Witham 12:46 PM Tue 04 August, 2009

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade wants the round 22 clash with Collingwood re-scheduled to earlier that weekend.

The current fixture has them playing in the last game of the round at 4.40pm on Sunday.

Both sides will play finals the following week, and Eade said it was up to the league to either move the game or guarantee both sides a six-day break before their respective first September encounters.

It would only become an issue if either side were scheduled to play on the Friday night of the first week of the finals series.

Rest of article (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/82012/default.aspx)