PDA

View Full Version : Why the delay Bruce??

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Why on Earth would the game between the Hawks and power be on a delayed telecast? Of all the broadcasters Channel 7 is the one I dislike the most and todays telecast reconfirms it. In an opportunity to have live footy on the TV the delay it by 10 minuets to put that boof head Ricky O on showing the interviews of the coaches which were absolutely useless. And don't get me started on Friday Night Footy, I have watched footy marathons on Grand Final Eve that have ended earlier than their weekly broadcast.

But I was just wondering is it only me that find this frustrating or is there a group of like minded people out there for me.

Happy Days
02-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Why on Earth would the game between the Hawks and power be on a delayed telecast? Of all the broadcasters Channel 7 is the one I dislike the most and todays telecast reconfirms it. In an opportunity to have live footy on the TV the delay it by 10 minuets to put that boof head Ricky O on showing the interviews of the coaches which were absolutely useless. And don't get me started on Friday Night Footy, I have watched footy marathons on Grand Final Eve that have ended earlier than their weekly broadcast.

But I was just wondering is it only me that find this frustrating or is there a group of like minded people out there for me.

Whats worse are the full ad-breaks after every second goal.

Scorlibo
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Living in Canberra, the only live games I see from channel 7 are Swans games, and even then they are often delayed.

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Mmmm
I share your frustration!
it all comes down to $$$

lemmon
02-08-2009, 06:37 PM
At least channel 9 would give you the first and whatever was left of the second game on Sunday. I enjoyed their commentary team a fair bit better as well.

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 08:58 PM
At least channel 9 would give you the first and whatever was left of the second game on Sunday. I enjoyed their commentary team a fair bit better as well.

Good old days :)
Channel 9 actually did pretty good when they had the footy!!

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Thank goodness for Foxtel and live footy! Say no more!

I know that a lot of people don't have it, but I'd rather have the Doggies playing on pay-TV than free-to-air, 'cause at least it's live to air, and not delayed