PDA

View Full Version : Jordan McMahon

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Haha Jordan just nailed a goal after the siren to win Richmond the game..

Would he have nailed it if he was playing with us? :rolleyes:

Happy Days
02-08-2009, 04:45 PM

Callan would've kicked it, and the two sitters Jordy missed.

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 04:46 PM
He would have centered the ball to the opposition.:D

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Good kick, even though he did mark it after the siren.

The Pie Man
02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Felt bad for Melbourne - Jordan kicked that 60 metres too

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Dammit.

Rocco Jones
02-08-2009, 06:06 PM

He kicked a match winning goal for us against Adelaide a few years back. It wasn't after the siren but it was very late into the game and put us into the lead.

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Lets get Jordaman back to the club and get rid of Johnno...........im kidding...

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 06:21 PM
He kicked a match winning goal for us against Adelaide a few years back. It wasn't after the siren but it was very late into the game and put us into the lead.

Beat me to it, he played a really good game that day.

boydogs
02-08-2009, 07:09 PM

Obviously he wasn't completely useless for us or we never would have gotten such a high draft pick for him, but he hasn't exactly played all 22 games this year

LostDoggy
02-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Obviously he wasn't completely useless for us or we never would have gotten such a high draft pick for him, but he hasn't exactly played all 22 games this year

Yeah and Cal Ward has played more games than him :)

Remi Moses
02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
dear Jordan tanks alot

cheers Dean Bailey:p:p

Mofra
02-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Did he just cost Richmond a draft spot for 2009 as well as the previous pick 19?

bulldogtragic
03-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Yep. They're still mathematically possible of finishing in 9th spot :)

LostDoggy
04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Richmonds slogan for this year - 2009th. :D

GetDimmaBack
04-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Sort of ironic that Jordy wins a game for the mighty Tigers the in same round that Callan Ward wins the Rising Star nomination...

LostDoggy
05-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Should be shot for that lame-arse moutache.

So glad that ponce and his mate Nathan "Finals Footy" Brown no longer play at our club.

Desipura
05-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Should be shot for that lame-arse moutache.

So glad that ponce and his mate Nathan "Finals Footy" Brown no longer play at our club.

Get over it champ, we did get Ward for McMahon afterall.........

bulldogtragic
05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Get over it champ, we did get Ward for McMahon afterall.........
And Rawlings and Street for Brown don't forget :)

ledge
05-08-2009, 07:18 PM
And Rawlings and Street for Brown don't forget :)

Ouch!

The Pie Man
05-08-2009, 07:25 PM

I can't remember who the Adelaide player was, but I remember Jordan's shot bounced in the goal square and over the Crows player and through. Should never have been a goal - that was a big day actually, was one of the better wins we've had in the noughties. Robbins taking one handers wrestling in the goal square (I loved Robbins) Sam Power actually playing somewhat creatively in the forwardline with Murph out.

Desipura
06-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Ouch!
Its not as if Brown has done much at Richmond. I think both teams lost out of that deal!;)

LostDoggy
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Yep. They're still mathematically possible of finishing in 9th spot :)

BT - reminds me of the Tiges song......"we finished 9th again, the fighting fury finished 9th again.........", etc., etc.

Oh, and I can't ever remember Jordy kicking the ball that far when he played for us - maybe my memory is failing LOL??! :D

LostDoggy
06-08-2009, 01:49 PM
The good news will be he will play next year and we hope that he plays against us and we can exploit him again.... he is rubbish

Stefcep
07-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Its not as if Brown has done much at Richmond. I think both teams lost out of that deal!;)

Do you think a broken leg might have had something to with that? Thats just bad luck, can happen to anyone. Most never come back to where they were after a clean snap lack that. Whereas we just go a couple of very ordinary players.

FWIW, Brown was one of the most talented players to have ever put on the Red White and Blue. Whether i like his personality, values, and loyalty to the club is another thing altogether. Before breaking his leg I thought he was well on the way to be in the AFL's elite, and he could have had the pick of pretty much any club to play for when he left. no-one would have said no to him.

Desipura
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=Stefcep;102611]Do you think a broken leg might have had something to with that? Thats just bad luck, can happen to anyone. Most never come back to where they were after a clean snap lack that.

Do I need to state the obvious?:rolleyes:

BulldogBelle
12-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Hmmmm, interesting article I have just read on Jordie, even though he still has another year to run on his contract with the Tiges - might be heading over to St Kilda next season if this article has any truth to it ...

St Kilda sizes up McMahon (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25916928-2722,00.html)
The Australian | Greg Denham | August 12, 2009

Mofra
12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
St Kilda sizes up McMahon (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25916928-2722,00.html)
Article also notes Hansen is looking for a trade.

LostDoggy
12-08-2009, 03:53 PM
I dont think theres anything to back it up..yeah Saints have some of their best 22 they picked up via trades. Doesn't mean they'll go for a contracted Jordan McMahon though..

'While neither the Tigers nor the Saints have been in direct contact over McMahon's future, it is understood both clubs could mutually decide the fate.' Theres the whole 'credibility' in that line

And Hansen? he looks for a new club every year, and every year our name is thrown into the mix and then nothing happens :D

The Coon Dog
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM

Mofra, this is the 4th thread I've read since I logged on & 3 of them you have referred to Ash Hansen in them. There's such a thing as overkill!

Just re read my post & realised the little smiley wink wasn't there.

G-Mo77
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM

Did we make a play at him last trade period or was that just media speculation?

Remi Moses
12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Yes and I'm chairman Mao:rolleyes:Hansen will get traded.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Hmmmm, interesting article I have just read on Jordie, even though he still has another year to run on his contract with the Tiges - might be heading over to St Kilda next season if this article has any truth to it ...

Why would the Saints want him. Take out that goal after the siren, and he has had a very, very average year...

BulldogBelle
12-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Why would the Saints want him. Take out that goal after the siren, and he has had a very, very average year...

Maybe Farren Ray and Matthew Drain are talking him up to Ross Lyon. Makes me wonder though, if he would ever crack into the St Kilda side if he went there next year. Matt McGuire can't buy his way in at the moment.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Maybe Farren Ray and Matthew Drain are talking him up to Ross Lyon. Makes me wonder though, if he would ever crack into the St Kilda side if he went there next year. Matt McGuire can't buy his way in at the moment.
Exactly. He would be a very expensive depth player.

chef
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM

Please Bulldogs, make it happen. Hansen + Hall = happy chef:).

G-Mo77
12-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Please Bulldogs, make it happen. Hansen + Hall = happy chef:).

I'm all for getting Hall, but at the expense of whom would you want Hansen?

Personally I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

chef
12-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm all for getting Hall, but at the expense of whom would you want Hansen?

Personally I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

If we could get him for a second round pick then i would be all for it.

G-Mo77
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I'd rather use the second round pick.

I don't think he's worth it.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I'd rather use the second round pick.

I don't think he's worth it.
I'd rather use the second rounder to get Jesse Wells out of retirement.

ledge
12-08-2009, 06:47 PM
I'd rather use the second rounder to get Jesse Wells out of retirement.

Ha Ha you seen him lately at the Burnie dockers ?

bulldogtragic
12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Ha Ha you seen him lately at the Burnie dockers ?
No, current circumstances aren't relevant. After all, Clayton rated him highly and he was a second round draft pick...

Same logic as some other recruiting theories. :)

ledge
12-08-2009, 07:26 PM
No, current circumstances aren't relevant. After all, Clayton rated him highly and he was a second round draft pick...

Same logic as some other recruiting theories. :)

I wonder if Clayton ever checked the psychology side of things apart from seeing future abillity.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I wonder if Clayton ever checked the psychology side of things apart from seeing future abillity.
I don't think he even checked his seeing ability. Didn't he have an eye sight problem that meant he couldn't even see th ball properly?

I love Clayton's gems, Hill, DFA etc. But he screwed up on more than a few occasions trying to get them. A bit like a gambler down to his last $100 and is trying to back the long shots in the 'get of jail stakes'.

anfo27
12-08-2009, 08:36 PM

I think its a very smart move from the saints. Jordan in a team like the saints or cats where he will get a lot of protection would blossom. The saints lack pace and don't have a lot of players who are great kicks. The trade was never going to work to the tigs he was never going to get the protection he needs. He will be a cheap trade to for saints.

As for Hansen he said last year he had no interest in coming to us, thank god. He may be tall but he is injury prone & he plays as a leading forward not a marking one like we need.

ledge
12-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I don't think he even checked his seeing ability. Didn't he have an eye sight problem that meant he couldn't even see th ball properly?
I love Clayton's gems, Hill, DFA etc. But he screwed up on more than a few occasions trying to get them. A bit like a gambler down to his last $100 and is trying to back the long shots in the 'get of jail stakes'.

News to me and he lived with my inlaws for a year, spent the year telling us all how good he was while Little Stephen Tiller was quiet and just did what was required, talk about opposites of the spectrum living together.

Dancin' Douggy
13-08-2009, 12:21 AM
News to me and he lived with my inlaws for a year, spent the year telling us all how good he was while Little Stephen Tiller was quiet and just did what was required, talk about opposites of the spectrum living together.

Now THAT IS INTERESTING!!!!!!!!

bulldogtragic
13-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Who i am thinking of then. They had the same depth issues as Daniel Pearce from Port, and the simple procedure to fix it. That little ailment saw Pearce drop to the rookie draft.

Twodogs
13-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Who i am thinking of then. They had the same depth issues as Daniel Pearce from Port, and the simple procedure to fix it. That little ailment saw Pearce drop to the rookie draft.

Rocket told me that Jesse was so short sighted that he had trouble seeing the ball.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Rocket told me that Jesse was so short sighted that he had trouble seeing the ball.
I thought it was Jesse. Thanks twodogs. If only laser eye surgery could have fixed his game and attitude.

Twodogs
13-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I think its a very smart move from the saints. Jordan in a team like the saints or cats where he will get a lot of protection would blossom. The saints lack pace and don't have a lot of players who are great kicks. The trade was never going to work to the tigs he was never going to get the protection he needs. He will be a cheap trade to for saints.

Agreed. I'd take Jordy if I were in St Kilda's position.

I know for a fact that we were far more comfortable trading Jordan to Richmond than another club that was sniffing around because Richmond were less likely to develop him and show us up.

The Coon Dog
13-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Agreed. I'd take Jordy if I were in St Kilda's position.

I know for a fact that we were far more comfortable trading Jordan to Richmond than another club that was sniffing around because Richmond were less likely to develop him and show us up.

Plus they offered up a better selection than the other club who were looking at a pick in the mid 30's. Methinks Callan Ward would have been long gone by then.

Twodogs
13-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Plus they offered up a better selection than the other club who were looking at a pick in the mid 30's. Methinks Callan Ward would have been long gone by then.

Did they? Well the whole idea was to get a draft pick to select Callan with so that would have defeated the purpose somewhat.

LostDoggy
13-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Mc Mahon is a poor man's Eagleton ..................based on Eagleton's current form.

Somebody at St Kida has a sense of humour

LostDoggy
13-08-2009, 06:26 PM

I thought we had invented these special plastic thingies you could put in your eyes that helped with that sort of thing..

LostDoggy
13-08-2009, 06:27 PM

I thought we had invented these special plastic thingies you could put in your eyes that helped with that sort of thing.. or do we not have optometrists in West Footscray?

The Coon Dog
13-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Did they? Well the whole idea was to get a draft pick to select Callan with so that would have defeated the purpose somewhat.

Yup, there was no way known they would have rolled over as Richmond did.

ledge
13-08-2009, 09:32 PM
So who at the club gets the credit for the McMahon deal? Clayton?

Rocco Jones
13-08-2009, 09:37 PM
So who at the club gets the credit for the McMahon deal? Clayton?

Whoever orchestrated the deal. From the outside looking in, I would give most of the credit for the McMahon deal to Rocket.

Clayton gets most of the credit for picking Ward.

Dancin' Douggy
13-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I think Terry Wallace finally deserves some credit from us for that deal..........he he he mmwwooahahaha.
HAA HAA HAAAA . (choking sounds) Phew.

Credit to Terry.

Rocco Jones
13-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I think Terry Wallace finally deserves some credit from us for that deal..........he he he mmwwooahahaha.
HAA HAA HAAAA . (choking sounds) Phew.

Credit to Terry.

Our trading has really improved since Eade.

Trade wise=
Eade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Plough >>>>> Fremantle FC >>>>>>>>> Rohde

anfo27
14-08-2009, 07:50 PM
I know that Scotty Clayton was very keen on Rance & Ward with pick 19. Rance went at pick 18 so Clayton didn't have to choose. I'm very happy with Ward but do think that Rance is going to be a very handy player. Does anyone know or have an opinion that if Rance was still available at our pick & Scotty had to choose, who he rated higher & who he would have choosen?

The Bulldogs Bite
14-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I know that Scotty Clayton was very keen on Rance & Ward with pick 19. Rance went at pick 18 so Clayton didn't have to choose. I'm very happy with Ward but do think that Rance is going to be a very handy player. Does anyone know or have an opinion that if Rance was still available at our pick & Scotty had to choose, who he rated higher & who he would have choosen?

From memory we were surprised that Rance lasted as long he did and would have taken him if he slipped another pick. They thought Richmond might take him though.

For mine, I prefer Ward to date. Rance has shown a bit but his decision making and his skills are questionable. Ward's decision making isn't where it needs to be but his disposal is much better.

The Coon Dog
14-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Ward, once Robbie Tarrant went at pick 15 we were locked into Callan Ward if he wasn't already taken.

azabob
15-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Ward, once Robbie Tarrant went at pick 15 we were locked into Callan Ward if he wasn't already taken.

Tarrant hasn't even been able to get onto the park. Really feel for the guy.
Can't imagine our supporters would be to forgiving if we drafted Tarrant and he had the same injury luck he has had a north, especially with William's bad luck.

anfo27
15-08-2009, 11:26 AM
From memory we were surprised that Rance lasted as long he did and would have taken him if he slipped another pick. They thought Richmond might take him though.

For mine, I prefer Ward to date. Rance has shown a bit but his decision making and his skills are questionable. Ward's decision making isn't where it needs to be but his disposal is much better.

I'd prefer Ward too and he would comfortably be the club house leader at this stage. Would of been nice if Murray Rance played a few more games for the dogs and then we could of got both, yeah i know i'm being greedy.

The Coon Dog
15-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I'd prefer Ward too and he would comfortably be the club house leader at this stage. Would of been nice if Murray Rance played a few more games for the dogs and then we could of got both, yeah i know i'm being greedy.

About 60 more, he only played with us for 2 seasons.

anfo27
15-08-2009, 01:08 PM
About 60 more, he only played with us for 2 seasons.

Gee is that all, thought he played around 70 games or was that how many he played with the eagles?

The Coon Dog
15-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Gee is that all, thought he played around 70 games or was that how many he played with the eagles?

40 for us & 57 for WCE.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Hahaha did anyone watch the last quarter of this disgraceful Richmond performance?

Jordan McMahon just summed up his season in one kick

Running kick out of the goal square hes kicked it straight into the defending arms of Mark Lecras who then ran through to kick the goal, which all happened 10m out.

Ah Jordy, Hindsight is a funny thing. You too Nath.

Edit: Ha! speaking of Nath, his potential last kick with Richmond results in hitting the post.

G-Mo77
29-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Edit: Ha! speaking of Nath, his potential last kick with Richmond results in hitting the post.

Couldn't have wrote the last chapter any better. :D

Good riddance!

Go_Dogs
29-08-2009, 10:51 AM
So, what will Richmond get for McMahon on the trade table this year? My guess is nowhere near pick 19.

Mantis
29-08-2009, 11:12 AM
So, what will Richmond get for McMahon on the trade table this year? My guess is nowhere near pick 19.

I would think a 3rd or 4th rd pick at best, I'm not sure why St.Kilda (as rumoured) are interested to be honest.

Go_Dogs
29-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I would think a 3rd or 4th rd pick at best, I'm not sure why St.Kilda (as rumoured) are interested to be honest.

If I were St Kilda or Sydney I would certainly look at McMahon.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 11:42 AM

Something to do with the recruiting manager I believe, hoping he could turn himself around like Farren Ray?

mighty_west
29-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Hahaha did anyone watch the last quarter of this disgraceful Richmond performance?

Jordan McMahon just summed up his season in one kick

Running kick out of the goal square hes kicked it straight into the defending arms of Mark Lecras who then ran through to kick the goal, which all happened 10m out.

Ah Jordy, Hindsight is a funny thing. You too Nath.

Yeah that kick was a shocker, really summed up Richmonds night, but overall, i actually thought Jordy played well, his disposal [apart from that one] was top shelf, we know when he gets it wrong, he looks horrible, but when he gets it right, he did a pretty good job kicking it out off the half back.

bulldogtragic
29-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Yeah that kick was a shocker, really summed up Richmonds night, but overall, i actually thought Jordy played well, his disposal [apart from that one] was top shelf, we know when he gets it wrong, he looks horrible, but when he gets it right, he did a pretty good job kicking it out off the half back.
Just saw it then too, just wish you could dig a hole after doing someting like that.