PDA

View Full Version : Ladder Predictor

Scraggers
03-08-2009, 02:46 AM
The ladder predictor is again up and running ...

link (http://www.afl.com.au/ladder%20predictor/tabid/13046/default.aspx)

I love this thing ...

Its amazing how many different ways I can get the Doggies into the Big Dance ;)

DOG GOD
03-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Hmm i have the dogs finishing 6th and going out first week to the hawks :(

Cyberdoggie
03-08-2009, 12:10 PM
I've got us finishing 3rd, due to a stunning 12 point victory in the last round against the pies. Therefore we play the cats in the qualifying and the pies play the saints.

I've also got Adelaide and Brisbane finishing 2 games behind, followed by Carlton, then Hawthorn sneaking in on percentage against the power, both with 11 wins.

There some key games coming up with teams in the 8 playing each other.
I think we will beat the lions up in the Gabba. They don't move the ball quick enough or have enough goal kickers to worry us.

Some key games that will decide the make up of the 8 are:

Dogs vs Lions
Dogs vs Cats
Dogs vs Pies
Blues vs Crows (will put the crows 5th or 7th)
Hawks vs Crows
Port vs Blues
Crows vs Pies

1eyedog
03-08-2009, 12:33 PM
I've got us 3rd on percentage from Collingwood, Brisbane and Adelaide. We beat the Pies in round 22.

Scraggers
03-08-2009, 12:40 PM
THe best thing is it can be wangled so that the Tiges finish ninth ... again :D

Topdog
03-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I had us 4th, with Brisbane finishing a game clear in 3rd on 60 points.

ledge
03-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I have Carlton playing Collingwood (5 v 8) love that scenario, Adelaide being 4th and us 3rd.
Hawks end up 9th and sadly that knocks the tigers down to 13th.
Freo get the spoon on percentage to Melb, both have 4 wins.
We play Geelong in first final.
If we lose we play Port or Brisbane. Would that still be a home game for us?

The Coon Dog
03-08-2009, 01:08 PM
If we lose we play Port or Brisbane. Would that still be a home game for us?

Yes, it would.

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Hmm i have the dogs finishing 6th and going out first week to the hawks :(

So you think we will lose all 3 against Bris,Cats & Pies? Have some faith, I can see 1 or 2 wins there. Cannot see the hawks making it especially after yesterdays loss.

ledge
03-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Yes, it would.

Well even with a first round loss we should make a prelim at worst.

DOG GOD
03-08-2009, 02:09 PM
So you think we will lose all 3 against Bris,Cats & Pies? Have some faith, I can see 1 or 2 wins there. Cannot see the hawks making it especially after yesterdays loss.

After watching the boys against freo i doubt we will beat lions (gabba), geel and coll. I reckon we would have to win 2 of our last 4 to make top 4, and have a strong feeling it will come down to the round 22 game against the filth to decide a top 4 spot.

Far too many injuries in our fwd line at the wrong time of year. If we had Murph, Missy, Welsh and Gia all FIRING then yes, i would say we would beat lions and filth, but without them (or ,undone in fitness) then i doubt we can do it. I do hope so though, so if we make top 4 i'm sure we can at least get to a prelim again.

mighty_west
03-08-2009, 02:29 PM
I have us playing the Saints in the GF.

Am i biased? off course. :cool:

Sockeye Salmon
03-08-2009, 02:39 PM
After watching the boys against freo i doubt we will beat lions (gabba), geel and coll. I reckon we would have to win 2 of our last 4 to make top 4, and have a strong feeling it will come down to the round 22 game against the filth to decide a top 4 spot.

Only if either we lose to WC or Adelaide V Collingwood ends in a draw.

aker39
03-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Only if either we lose to WC or Adelaide V Collingwood ends in a draw.

No. We will have to win 2 of our last 4.

West Coast and one other.

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 03:06 PM
No. We will have to win 2 of our last 4.

West Coast and one other.

At least one other to make the top four and we wouldnt deserve to be there if we didnt. We have yet to beat Saints, Cats, Collingwood or Bribane, regardless of injuries, training load, Cooneys lack of a preseason, whatever excuses you like, we must beat at least one, preferably 2 of these teams to have any hope of being a threat.
So sick of excuses, lets just smash Bris, geelong and Collingwood on the way in to the finals and then win our first final, everyone can have a rest.

Remi Moses
03-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Think we'll knock over Brissie [good record there recently]Blimey if we were ordinary Brisbane were lamentable. They go to Brown far to often,we stop him to a degree we win.

bornadog
03-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Think we'll knock over Brissie [good record there recently]Blimey if we were ordinary Brisbane were lamentable. They go to Brown far to often,we stop him to a degree we win.

They only had four goal kickers last week. So, if we can stop Brown, we should win.

hujsh
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Pies vs Adelaide will be a very interesting match.

Mantis
03-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I have us winning 3 of our next 4 to finish 3rd.

I will be very disappointed if we don't finish 3rd or 4th.

DOG GOD
03-08-2009, 06:19 PM
To beat the pies in round 22 we will need to have our BEST team in...fit and firing and "fit and firing" is doubtful.

Bradshaw might be back for the lions when we play them...that will help brown out.
Geelong will almost be at their peak i'd say by round 21.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-08-2009, 06:46 PM
It we don't win two of our last three, I don't have us making the Top 4. None of them are easy either. Lions at the Gabba will be huge, ditto Pies in Round 22.

I think we might struggle based on form/injuries.

I have us in 5th but I think we'd still make the PF.

Mantis
03-08-2009, 06:59 PM
It we don't win two of our last three, I don't have us making the Top 4. None of them are easy either. Lions at the Gabba will be huge, ditto Pies in Round 22.

I think we might struggle based on form/injuries.

I have us in 5th but I think we'd still make the PF.

It will all be a bit clearer after the Adel v Coll game. As others have mentioned it would be nice to see Coll win this one to open up a 2 game break on the Crows.

As far as form goes I am surprised that we have all jumped off pretty quickly. Bar the final qtr against St.Kilda where we had 2 players who couldn't return and another 2 who were severely hampered our form is/ has been pretty good. Yeah we stuffed around a bit in the 2nd half on Saturday, but there was a fair bit of experimentation taking place and I think the coaches saw it is an opportunity to ease through a game which was probably the right way to go about it.

Agree that we need to get a few back, but I am still very confident that we will finish top 4.

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 07:36 PM
I think top 4 will stay as it is, with Collingwood beating Adelaide this week.

Saints/Pies
Dogs/Cats
Adel/Bris 5th or 6th doesnt matter to us..

Would also be very dissapointed if we missed out top 4, I cant see it happening I think we will be good enough to win 2/4.

Bumper Bulldogs
03-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I've got the 8 like this, with a Saints & Dogs grand final.

Saints
Cats
Pies
Crows
Dogs
Lions
Blues
Port

Bumper Bulldogs
03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Would also be very disappointed if we missed out top 4, I cant see it happening I think we will be good enough to win 2/4.

Cant see this as the Crows have a good run home, :mad:

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Cant see this as the Crows have a good run home, :mad:

Well them winning 2/4 wouldnt be bad..Could see Collingwood & Hawthorn beating them. Alot does depend on this weeks Coll/Adel match.

Bumper Bulldogs
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Well them winning 2/4 wouldnt be bad..Could see Collingwood & Hawthorn beating them. Alot does depend on this weeks Coll/Adel match.

I think it will come down to how they Win/Loss as we will require the confidence in September.

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 08:43 PM
We have to rely on Carlton to beat Adelaide in the final round..
thats if we beat wce and brisbane and lose to the cats and pies.
Though we really HAVE TO win EITHER the one against the pies or the one against the cats.
Tough draw for us...we really have to rely on some upsets to get top 4!

Mantis
03-08-2009, 09:31 PM
We have to rely on Carlton to beat Adelaide in the final round..
thats if we beat wce and brisbane and lose to the cats and pies.
Though we really HAVE TO win EITHER the one against the pies or the one against the cats.
Tough draw for us...we really have to rely on some upsets to get top 4!

No we don't.

We are in a position that if we win enough games we will ensure our spot inside the top 4.

LostDoggy
03-08-2009, 10:38 PM
st kilda
geelong
THE DOGGIES
adelaide
collingwood
brisbane
port power
carlton

all comes down to round 22 IMHO (provided we beat the Weagles and Brisvegas!)

LostDoggy
04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
No we don't.

We are in a position that if we win enough games we will ensure our spot inside the top 4.

How so?

Adelaide have a decent draw
-Pies at home
-Hawks at the G
-Eagles at home
-Carlton at Etihad
One would suggest they would win 3 of those

Pies have also got a relatively good draw
-Crows away
-Tigers at the G
-Swans at the G
-Dogs at Etihad
Pies are a force and are capable of winning all 4 remaining games

Lions also have a managable draw home
-Essendon at G
-Dogs at the Gabba
-Port at the Gabba aswell
-Swans at the SCG
Deffinatly able of winning at least 3 of those 4

and our draw..

Eagles at Etihad
Lions at the Gabba
Cats at Etihad
Pies at Etihad
If we are not on out A game we can easily stuff up 3 of those games

I love your confidence..but can you explain to me why you're so confident in a top 4 birth?

Mantis
04-08-2009, 07:57 PM
How so?

Adelaide have a decent draw
-Pies at home
-Hawks at the G
-Eagles at home
-Carlton at Etihad
One would suggest they would win 3 of those

Pies have also got a relatively good draw
-Crows away
-Tigers at the G
-Swans at the G
-Dogs at Etihad
Pies are a force and are capable of winning all 4 remaining games

Lions also have a managable draw home
-Essendon at G
-Dogs at the Gabba
-Port at the Gabba aswell
-Swans at the SCG
Deffinatly able of winning at least 3 of those 4

and our draw..

Eagles at Etihad
Lions at the Gabba
Cats at Etihad
Pies at Etihad
If we are not on out A game we can easily stuff up 3 of those games

I love your confidence..but can you explain to me why you're so confident in a top 4 birth?

We do not have to rely on upsets to remain in a top 4 position. Our destiny is in our own hands as we have a percentage gap on Collingwood and a game & percentage gap on Adelaide & Brisbane.

As little as 2 wins will see us remain in the top 4 due to our better percentage, but I think we are good enough to win at least 3 of our last 4 games.

LostDoggy
04-08-2009, 08:13 PM
We do not have to rely on upsets to remain in a top 4 position. Our destiny is in our own hands as we have a percentage gap on Collingwood and a game & percentage gap on Adelaide & Brisbane.

As little as 2 wins will see us remain in the top 4 due to our better percentage, but I think we are good enough to win at least 3 of our last 4 games.

True that!
Thanks for clearing it up Mantis!
We really should be able to beat the Pies this time round..
Last time was a great game, but we played no where near 100%

bornadog
11-08-2009, 09:40 PM

We have no room for error now, and may have to rely on other teams winning, like Port v Carlton, Hawks v Adelaide

anfo27
11-08-2009, 10:00 PM
We have no room for error now, and may have to rely on other teams winning, like Port v Carlton, Hawks v Adelaide

We dont need to rely on anyone but ourselves. If we win our last three then 3rd spot & a crack at the cats is ours. We're not playing that badly, Brisbane & Geelongs form are not great either.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 10:44 PM
We dont need to rely on anyone but ourselves. If we win our last three then 3rd spot & a crack at the cats is ours. We're not playing that badly, Brisbane & Geelongs form are not great either.

Have you been watching our matches in the past 3 weeks?
Brisbane are stunning at home and sure, the cats arnt in the white hot form we have seen from them in the past 3 years, but they are still bloody damn good!
I agree though that we have to rely on ourselves, but we have to keep our eye on other matches and rely on upsets also!

anfo27
11-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Have you been watching our matches in the past 3 weeks?
Brisbane are stunning at home and sure, the cats arnt in the white hot form we have seen from them in the past 3 years, but they are still bloody damn good!
I agree though that we have to rely on ourselves, but we have to keep our eye on other matches and rely on upsets also!

Dont miss a game mate but the boys dont handle being front runners very well. I'm more nervous playing the dud teams when winning isn't essential. I don't rate Brisbane and i expect to go there & win. If Geelong play anywhere near the crap they dished out last friday it will be more than a 5 goal loss to them. Steve Johnson was a liability on friday & he is miles away from playing great footy. The cats are losing confidence and that is a huge factor.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Dont miss a game mate but the boys dont handle being front runners very well. I'm more nervous playing the dud teams when winning isn't essential. I don't rate Brisbane and i expect to go there & win. If Geelong play anywhere near the crap they dished out last friday it will be more than a 5 goal loss to them. Steve Johnson was a liability on friday & he is miles away from playing great footy. The cats are losing confidence and that is a huge factor.

and our boys were fumbling the ball like crazy against the saints..freo was a bit of a walkover, and the game against the weagles was just disgraceful!
I agree that geelong are losing confidence, but they are still a strong force!

But i would LOVE to be proven wrong ;)

anfo27
11-08-2009, 11:06 PM
and our boys were fumbling the ball like crazy against the saints..freo was a bit of a walkover, and the game against the weagles was just disgraceful!
I agree that geelong are losing confidence, but they are still a strong force!

But i would LOVE to be proven wrong ;)

The loss to the Blues has been on the cards for a few weeks now, they have been getting worse every week. This weeks game will be interesting, the swans are in good form and i heard somewhere that it could be Leo Barrys last game. I'm not worried about the fumbles that was us just choking, they'll learn from that. Super confident we will beat Brisbane.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 11:08 PM
The loss to the Blues has been on the cards for a few weeks now, they have been getting worse every week. This weeks game will be interesting, the swans are in good form and i heard somewhere that it could be Leo Barrys last game. I'm not worried about the fumbles that was us just choking, they'll learn from that. Super confident we will beat Brisbane.

Looking forward to the game! =]
sadly i can't watch it coz its my deb that night!
I'll be keen to watch the replay on the afl website on sunday :D

anfo27
11-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Looking forward to the game! =]
sadly i can't watch it coz its my deb that night!
I'll be keen to watch the replay on the afl website on sunday :D

Just take the radio with ya thats what i'd do.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Just take the radio with ya thats what i'd do.

ahhh! good thinking mate!
Where would i be without you Woofers giving me these tips =D

anfo27
11-08-2009, 11:20 PM
ahhh! good thinking mate!
Where would i be without you Woofers giving me these tips =D

Just remember to drink up cause you'll be celebrating a win as well as your deb.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Just remember to drink up cause you'll be celebrating a win as well as your deb.

haha stupidly enough, this year the organiser has banned alcohol.
Stupid, stupid move i say! :confused:

anfo27
11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
haha stupidly enough, this year the organiser has banned alcohol.
Stupid, stupid move i say! :confused:

Flask in your pocket next to the radio, easy solution. No alcohol who do these people think they are, bloody fun police

The Pie Man
16-08-2009, 10:23 AM
4th spot is getting interesting.

Carlton & Adelaide are still massive chances to take 4th - if Carlton win today, and we lose our next two, the Carlton vs Adelaide round 22 clash would decide 4th spot.

We're a small chance of keeping 4th if we lose all games - would need something like Carlton losing today, then beating Adelaide round 22 (in Melbourne) and Brisbane losing to Sydney in Sydney in round 22.

We will need to win one more to guarantee it

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I have us winning 3 of our next 4 to finish 3rd.

I will be very disappointed if we don't finish 3rd or 4th.

Beat Geelong next week, I'd say we would be a good chance to beat them in the finals as well.

Adelaide remain our biggest threat to take a top 4 spot. I don't see Carlton beating Port today.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Fate is in our hands. Win just one game, top 4 is ours. If we cannot beat Pies or Cats, then we are just making up the numbers anyways.

DOG GOD
16-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Just win our last 2 and we dont have to worry what happens with the other teams. Its still in our own hands, and with Geelongs last 4 weeks where they have lost 1 and won 3 by under a kick, there is no better time (confidence wise) to play them.

BulldogBelle
16-08-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm quite confident that we will beat Geelong

They havnt been playing the greatest over the last month...

They are missing quite a few key players

We may have Higgins and Gia back...

We only lost to them by a point last time so think we will be able to knock them over this time

I just dont rate Collingwood either...if we had have extracted our fingers in the first half last game against them we would have won

I think we will have too much run for Collingwood also

Swans play Collingwood this week...my tip is the Swannies (they have lost by less than a goal to Geelong and St Kilda)

I'm thinking a 3rd finish...on percentage over the Filth

Rocco Jones
16-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I did the Predictor thing last night, mine changes significantly every game. How's this for wacky? I have us losing the next two games (although I do think we will pinch one, just don't have us as favourites in either) and finishing 6th. From there we beat Adelaide in an EF, then beat Carlton in a semi and get into the granny by beating Collingwood in the prelim. The reason I have us beating Collingwood in the prelim and not round 22 is our injured players all get match fitness etc.

My predictors value= -6/100

KT31
17-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Any way I do it we will play the Saints in the Grandfinal and the rest is up to us.

Cyberdoggie
17-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I just took another look at it and basically we need to win a game to guarantee a top 4 spot.
If we lose both the last 2 games either Adelaide or Carlton will go above us.

Our only chance of getting 3rd spot back requires us winning both games and beating collingwood by approx 30 or more points. That is if they don't beat Sydney by more than 30.

Scraggers
18-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I just took another look at it and basically we need to win a game to guarantee a top 4 spot.
If we lose both the last 2 games either Adelaide or Carlton will go above us.

Our only chance of getting 3rd spot back requires us winning both games and beating collingwood by approx 30 or more points. That is if they don't beat Sydney by more than 30.

Agreed we definitely need to win one more ... but I give Sydney a chance to roll the Pies this weekend ... their last two outings they have lost by one kick to St. Kilda and Geelong

Cyberdoggie
18-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Agreed we definitely need to win one more ... but I give Sydney a chance to roll the Pies this weekend ... their last two outings they have lost by one kick to St. Kilda and Geelong

Pity it is not at the scg

Hotdog60
26-06-2011, 11:41 AM
I just did the Bailey's ladder predictor and with my bias view, if things can get on a roll and we can our next four games we will find ourselves back in the eight. A monumental task with our current form but if some things go our way and player confidence gets up you never know.

At the end of the exercise I had us at position 6 but it would take a miracle for us to get into the Grand Final.

LostDoggy
26-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I just did the Bailey's ladder predictor and with my bias view, if things can get on a roll and we can our next four games

It's nice to be optimistic but kidding yourself if you think we can beat all 4 of Melbourne, Carlton, North, Sydney (SCG)

chef
26-06-2011, 02:39 PM
I just did the Bailey's ladder predictor and with my bias view, if things can get on a roll and we can our next four games we will find ourselves back in the eight. A monumental task with our current form but if some things go our way and player confidence gets up you never know.

At the end of the exercise I had us at position 6 but it would take a miracle for us to get into the Grand Final.

You're dreaming.

LostDoggy
26-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I reckon we will be fighting the Saints for 8th spot.

Go_Dogs
26-06-2011, 06:14 PM
It's nice to be optimistic but kidding yourself if you think we can beat all 4 of Melbourne, Carlton, North, Sydney (SCG)

I just did the predictor with us losing 2 of those and still scraping into the 8. :D

We're still a chance, but it does seem unlikely.

LostDoggy
26-06-2011, 06:41 PM
THe best thing is it can be wangled so that the Tiges finish ninth ... again :D

Please O Please let it be so. It makes so many of us so happy :D

LostDoggy
26-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I just did the predictor with us losing 2 of those and still scraping into the 8. :D

We're still a chance, but it does seem unlikely.

I went to the Melbourne game this week and I doubt we can beat them.

LostDoggy
26-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I had a crack at it just now and even being a little generous to the dogs, I have 'em finishing 9th on percentage with #7, #8.
So can't see it happening in the real world.
They would probably have a chance if all of the roster suddenly became fit and had 2 - 3 games together.
Sadly I think that is more likely than this current squad getting it done.

Raw Toast
26-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I had a crack at it just now and even being a little generous to the dogs, I have 'em finishing 9th on percentage with #7, #8.
So can't see it happening in the real world.
They would probably have a chance if all of the roster suddenly became fit and had 2 - 3 games together.
Sadly I think that is more likely than this current squad getting it done.

I have them finishing #7, though perhaps I'm the optimistic type. If we only lose two more games of the H&A season then we'll get in. Anything more and our destiny starts to slip from our hands.

Still lots of reasons to hope (and thus to probably suffer a bit longer, lol).

LostDoggy
26-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Thats the thing about that predictor RT, we could share the same optimistic views when filling out the rest of the dogs games but could differ on how we see the rest of the league?

I think we should all just buckle up and enjoy the roller coaster that is WB football.