PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs and coach keen to finalise deal within days

The Coon Dog
05-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Bulldogs and coach keen to finalise deal within days

Caroline Wilson | August 5, 2009

THE Western Bulldogs and coach Rodney Eade were hopeful of resolving their contractual differences within days despite apparent unease over the club’s offer.

While Eade is understood to have no issue with the length of his deal — he is believed to have been offered a two-year contract extension — some conjecture remains over the pay cut he has been asked to take by the club, which remains determined to keep its costs down as it continues to build a team capable of reaching a grand final.

The Bulldogs are understood to have asked Eade to take a pay cut as high as $100,000 before incentives although consecutive successful years would prove financially rewarding as well as earning a contract extension into 2012.

Richmond denied yesterday it had asked to interview Eade.......

Article in full (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/bulldogs-coach-keen-to-finalise-deal/2009/08/04/1249350550735.html)

AndrewP6
05-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Sign him. Sign him. Sign him. Sign, sign, sign, sign, sign, sign SIGN HIM NOW!

If only to give Caro something else to crap on about! Oh, and also to guide the Dogs to glory...

Remi Moses
05-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Always look forward to picking up ''The Age'' and reading Caroline's content:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Happy Days
05-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Love her ability to work Richmond in to anything...

LostDoggy
05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
When I saw the words 'apparent unease' I didn't even have to look up to know who had written it.

Is there anyone else who puts as much negative conjecture on non-issues (especially towards the Dogs)? There's some desperation to create news there.

And if the Collingwood/Eddie bombshell only DAYS after her article rubbishing them hasn't absolutely destroyed any shred of credibility she had I don't know what will. Eddie, for one, gives her less than zero notice, and I don't think anyone in football really respects anything she has to say.

She shouldn't have a job in the media, much less head up a whole department. Her incompetence is only rivalled by the head football writer for the other newspaper mob. When will we get a decent football media in this country? Certainly not with these cretins in charge.

alwaysadog
08-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Let's translate carospeak into real world language.

The worst she can come up with is

"apparent unease": apparent to whom, herself?

A deadline that now exists only in her head, but which she uses to create an impression that we aren't as well administered as her beloved ones: I wonder who outside of extreme cases in psychiatric wards believes this.

A supposed pay cut;: this is probably is nothing more than a readjustment of base salary to incentives ratio, but when has she ever bothered with the facts if they get in the way of her argument. Her motto, ignorance is bliss.

A feeble attempt at boosting of tigre stocks by pretending Eade was interested in going to tigreland: what she really means is that the tigres would love to have him and would throw heaps of money at him in spite of their supposed process.

A dig at our finances: she can't help herself although even she now has to be careful because we are acting responsibly.

Conceding we are going to be playing finals: a graceless concession and she is green with envy and doesn't acknowledge this other than in passing. The same treatment is given to the idea that we are building a premiership side.

All in all I would have to say that it's a poor piece of journalism because the author continues to use scant facts in a malicious manner to create another chapter in her long running saga of finding fault with and then deriding anything the Bulldogs do.

That said for her it was a much less vituperative piece than usual which suggests the the dragon's fire is going out probably because the long suppressed logical part of her brain tells her that if not this year then soon we will play on the grand day and she doesn't want to continue to look stupid in front of the whole football community as she has done on several occasions in the recent past.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 12:49 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25908098-19742,00.html

chef
10-08-2009, 12:50 PM
About fricken time.