PDA

View Full Version : Inside The Kennel - Thursday 6/8/09

LostDoggy
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Got this email yesterday..

Dear Alex,
Just a friendly reminder that there are now only limited places available (less than 100) to our last Footy Panel for Season 2009, 'Inside the Kennel', in conjunction with the Herald Sun. This means this is your last chance to use your free Social Club entry ticket.
Hear from Western Bulldogs players Jason Akermanis, Shaun Higgins and new kid on the block, Ayce Cordy (2008 NAB AFL Draft father-son selection), together with Senior Coach, Rodney Eade and Herald Sun footy writers Mark Stevens and Mike Sheehan.
Taking place in the Mission Elite Learning Centre at Whitten Oval, this is your chance for a once in a lifetime inner sanctum experience and the opportunity to hear a discussion on the big issues in our game, from players, the Senior Coach and acclaimed commentators of the game. Bookings are essential, so hurry, don't miss you chance to attend.

Details of the evening are as follows:
Date: Thursday 6th August 2009
Where: Whitten Oval, Mission Elite learning Centre, 417 Barkly St, West Footscray
Time: 6.30 for 7.00pm start
Light refreshments provided.

To book or for further information please call 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47) Bookings are essential.

Anyone else going? Im there for sure, looking forward to it :)

LostDoggy
05-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh I wish!! Sadly :( no babysitters. PLEASE post back eveything that happens, we'll be so interested to hear what happens.
Enjoy!

wb_age
05-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Cheers Alex, I just rang through and reserved my entry :D

The Coon Dog
05-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm going & I think The Dogs Bollocks, comrade & Mantis are going too.

bornadog
05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Its all booked out

LostDoggy
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
I will be there

The Coon Dog
05-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Might be a good night to wear our Ben Hudson t-shirts. ;)

soupman
05-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I'll be there.

LostDoggy
05-08-2009, 04:23 PM

Sadly I do not have a Ben Hudson T-Shirt as BHBAS and Movember make me feel like less of a man due to not being able to grow a full face of facial hair :(

LostDoggy
05-08-2009, 04:33 PM

First thought when I was booking my spot :D

BulldogBelle
05-08-2009, 06:22 PM
l will be there.

l got my invite last week thru the Bulldog Freindly Business Program.

Max469
05-08-2009, 07:18 PM
I will also be there

LostDoggy
05-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Oh I wish!! Sadly :( no babysitters. PLEASE post back eveything that happens, we'll be so interested to hear what happens.
Enjoy!

Im sure TCD will jot down plenty of detail to post ;)

always right
06-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I'll be there with the wife and three children. Who says I don't take them anywhere decent? Went last year when Aker and Cooney were on the panel. Very entertaining. I've heard Mike Sheahan has pulled out....Damian Barrett coming off the interchange.

LostDoggy
06-08-2009, 03:30 PM
I'll be there with the wife and three children. Who says I don't take them anywhere decent? Went last year when Aker and Cooney were on the panel. Very entertaining. I've heard Mike Sheahan has pulled out....Damian Barrett coming off the interchange.

Shame, im a fan of Mike & enjoy listening to his opinion

It was Mark Robinson, Shehan and Stevens last year worked very well..hopefully Barrett is entertaining.

The Coon Dog
06-08-2009, 03:37 PM

It was Mark Robinson, Shehan and Stevens last year worked very well..hopefully Barrett is entertaining.

Barret was responsible for this tripe last year...

Cautious Bulldogs spin out of control (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=2423)

I think it was sour grapes as he's Aker's ghost writer.

LostDoggy
06-08-2009, 03:47 PM

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/Furtanken/burn/burn13/Not_sure_if_your_serious.jpg

LostDoggy
06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Barret was responsible for this tripe last year...

Cautious Bulldogs spin out of control (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=2423)

I think it was sour grapes as he's Aker's ghost writer.

Great, cant wait to here his criticism boo'd by all the loyal supporters including those absolute passionate elderly people who goto all the club functions :D

always right
06-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Sorry...got my wires crossed.

Out: Barrett (ommitted)
In: John Ralph

wb_age
07-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I went along to tonight and it was great to be up and close with Aker, Higgo, Rodney etc.

It was also my first venture inside the Elie learning center, boy we've come along way as a club and it was awesome to see from the inside after many views on the outside.

Some things I took away from the night were

- Mentioned GOK and Eade's confirmed what has been floating around the board. Basically mentioned he has had a consistent season and his fitness levels aren't near AFL standard atm. See's him being a similar player to Giansiracusa, unfortunately for GOk he is competing with Aker for a spot.

- GIA has started running, has maintained his fitness levels as he has apparently worked himself into the ground with boxing/swimming etc. Will definitely play round 21 for Willy.

- Higgins confirmed he is not going anywhere, see's himself as a one club player ever since he walked in the club. Will sign in the next few weeks.

Also he is recovering really well from his injury, slightly ahead of schedule, just started running but won't be playing for another 2 weeks. (after Brisbane).

- Discussed Coons season, battled injury for most of the year after requiring a further operation on his knee during round 4-5 and then copped a knock on that troublesome knee some time later. Seems like his is managing it with a few jabs here and there.

- Aker got a good response when he mentioned that he had auditioned for a radio talkshow position (MMM i think) and that Nathan Brown was also there, Aker mentioned that Browny must be worried about his future being there. Got a good laugh from the crowd.

Some things I noticed walking around the ELC.

- Written on the wall was
"Prepare to be the hardest, strongest, most skilled team in the 4th quarter in the AFL."

- Elite kicking academy, from what I read is a development program to help players improve their kicking, in particular piercing kicks through zones both on the run and stagnant kicks.
The list mainly consisted of our boys down at Willy. Hill and Picken were also on the list.

Hope this was worth the read, pleas excuse lack of sentencing or grammatical errors as i'm typing with one hand (Broken wrist)

Cheers

wb_age
07-08-2009, 12:07 AM
One more thing, Eade did let it slip that there will be another debutant this week.

In - GOK or Wood

Out - ???

AndrewP6
07-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Thanks wb age...

alwaysadog
07-08-2009, 12:59 AM
I went along to tonight and it was great to be up and close with Aker, Higgo, Rodney etc.

Hope this was worth the read, pleas excuse lack of sentencing or grammatical errors as i'm typing with one hand (Broken wrist)

Cheers

Thanks for terrific write up and informative insights. Hope the wrist heals soon.

chef
07-08-2009, 07:49 AM

Cheers

Thanks mate, it was a great read.

Go_Dogs
07-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the report wb, sounds like a good night.

bulldogtragic
07-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks WB. Great effort especially one handed.

Desipura
07-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks WB. Great effort especially one handed.
Oh so many lines...............:D

Remi Moses
07-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Great work folks ,entertaining as always. Glad that Norf flog Barrett didn't get a look in ,although not a massive fan of Jon Ralph.

LostDoggy
07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks for a good read and I appreciate you typing it all up- especially with the use of only one hand to type with.

THANK GOD about Higgins. I mean, it might not even end up being true (about being a one club player, lets see how much he loves the club when he has a ton of money thrown at him by another club), but it gives me a bit of hope and confidence!

Interesting read.

NoParkingOnMatchDays
07-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Went to the Bulldogs Extravaganza at the Elite Learning Centre last night and I noticed a few things.

Peter Dean is not as tough as he once was. He had a portable fan heater under his desk to warm his feet.

They do not respect Caroline Wilson. Few snide comments from Rocket in relation to the article written this week about the pay cut he was asked to take.

They need to think a bit and have some merchandise or raffle tickets on sale after the event as everyone had worked themselves up into a Southern Alabama dancing with snakes in church whilst naked religious type fervor (maybe that’s a very small exaggeration but there was a lot of polite applause).

Why did they have portable heaters hooked up to gas bottles when they had massive bar heaters hanging from the roof? I thought this was the ELC not the West Footscray Scout Hall.

The massive bar heaters hanging from the roof are in fact massive bar heaters and not special screens that descend from the roof for secret team meetings as I was told by the tour guide that showed me around the ELC upon its opening.

Rocket had the blinds closed on his office which is smart as I am sure that there was a man with a pink carnation in his lapel and a newspaper under his left arm standing around with a camera. He was wearing West Coast Eagle socks.

Someone needs to add the 1st to the sign that reads "Prepare to be the hardest, strongest, most skilled team in the 4th quarter in the AFL."

Now hold my clothes and bring me a python.

LostDoggy
07-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Some things I noticed walking around the ELC.

- Written on the wall was
"Prepare to be the hardest, strongest, most skilled team in the 4th quarter in the AFL."

Thanks for that WB - sorry bout your wrist.....good effort.
I like that quote on the wall in the Elite Training center too!! :) Kinda makes sense if you think about the way we play.

Sounds like a good night had by all, wish I could have been there.

LostDoggy
07-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Went to the Bulldogs Extravaganza at the Elite Learning Centre last night and I noticed a few things.

They need to think a bit and have some merchandise or raffle tickets on sale after the event as everyone had worked themselves up into a Southern Alabama dancing with snakes in church whilst naked religious type fervor (maybe that’s a very small exaggeration but there was a lot of polite applause).
Rocket had the blinds closed on his office which is smart as I am sure that there was a man with a pink carnation in his lapel and a newspaper under his left arm standing around with a camera. He was wearing West Coast Eagle socks.

All my posts on this site are very light hearted and I hope I don’t offend with my levity because I do love my footy but looking around the room I probably understood for the first time and it really struck home that being part of the dogs brings an massive and absolute sense of community and belonging.

Now hold my clothes and bring me a python.

Love your work - part Get Smart and ???? (I'm not sure what the church stuff is all about, but it sure is funny!) Thanks :D

LostDoggy
07-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks too, to WB Age - very informative report on the night!

Twodogs
08-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I i'm typing with one hand (Broken wrist)

Oh so many lines...............:D

I know-must. resist. urge..