PDA

View Full Version : Easton Wood

bornadog
07-08-2009, 02:39 PM
TOUCH WOOD

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/GVGjr/draft0.jpg

A CONCERTED effort to hide Camperdown's Easton Wood paid off for the Western Bulldogs in Saturday's AFL draft.
Bulldogs recruiting manager Scott Clayton said the club was delighted to be able to pick up the talented youngster at pick No. 43.
He said he was impressed with what he saw in Wood, but they had to keep him quiet as other clubs started to take an interest in him.
Clayton said the Bulldogs knew they had to take Wood with pick 43 as he would have been snapped up by Collingwood at No. 47.
``We've basically had him down a mine shaft for the last few months,'' Clayton said.

``He is very athletic, a great sportsman and brings a big, strong body to the club. We've got a lot of work to do with him and he's got a lot of development in him, but we're excited about getting him on our list.''
The 18-year-old comes from a talented sporting family.
His father Phil represented New Zealand at the 1978 Commonwealth Games in the triple jump while his mother, Fiona, was a top 400-metre runner.
Wood listened to the draft at his mother's home in Camperdown and said he wasn't expecting to hear his name called out so early.
``I wasn't paying attention and then I heard my name called out and my family went wild,'' Wood said.
``It was a great feeling. I had spoken to Scott Clayton and he said they were interested in looking at me for the draft and when
I signed with (manager) Ricky Nixon, a few other clubs asked about me.''
Wood said he wasn't fazed about not playing with the Geelong Falcons in the TAC Cup this season.
``A lot of boys who play in the APS (Associated Public School) get pulled out of the TAC comp, so the scouts do come and cover that.
``I was lucky enough to play a couple of good games when they came and watched us,'' he said.
``I'm not going to come out and play straight away. I know I've got a long way to go, but hopefully I can keep developing and utilising the skills I've got.''
Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade said the 184cm Wood could play in a number of positions. ``He's a development player for us. He hasn't played a lot of footy but there's a huge upside to him.
He's a very hard worker and he's got some good traits, so he's a great pick-up for us,'' he said.
Six Geelong Falcons players were picked up by AFL clubs.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/wood.jpg

I am taking a punt that he will debut tomorrow. Here is an article on when when we drafted him as well as his stats, for those that don't know too much about the kid.

Desipura
07-08-2009, 02:43 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/wood.jpg

I am taking a punt that he will debut tomorrow. Here is an article on when when we drafted him as well as his stats, for those that don't know too much about the kid.
Thanks good idea! I liked his run & carry in the NAB cup. A nice strong body as well.

The Coon Dog
07-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I was at that draft & we were really worried that Collingwood would select him with their first pick; #31. Fortunately they didn't & we were able to select him one pick earlier than we would have liked at pick #43. Our next pick was #48, whereas Collingwood's was #47.

AndrewP6
07-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Don't know much about him, apart from a glimpse in the pre-season. But he's from Camperdown, in the same part of the state as my Dad's family. So he must be OK.

LostDoggy
07-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Will definetly debut this week;)

LostDoggy
07-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Will definetly debut this week;)

Who is out for Easton Wood to be in??

The Coon Dog
07-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Who is out for Easton Wood to be in??

Picken.

Dancin' Douggy
07-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I love to see anyone debut and I like the cut of his jib.
But what about the G.Okeefers?
This is really gonna sting.

The Coon Dog
07-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I love to see anyone debut and I like the cut of his jib.
But what about the G.Okeefers?
This is really gonna sting.

If O'Keefe was going to debut, he would already have done so. It's not going to happen!

lemmon
07-08-2009, 09:32 PM
His attack on the footy and run and carry remind me a touch of Mark Ricciuto. If he is half the player Ricciuto was we'll have a gun.

Bumper Bulldogs
07-08-2009, 11:01 PM
If O'Keefe was going to debut, he would already have done so. It's not going to happen!

A shame however I hope they handle this well as we could have a couple of footballers on our hands here.;)

Best of Luck Easton Wood.

LostDoggy
07-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Picken.

Is he injured?

Mantis
07-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Is he injured?

Being rested, but has copped a few heavy knocks over recent weeks. He also has no obvious 'tagging' role this week so it's a good time to rest him as he will definitely need to do so big stopping jobs over the coming weeks.

I think we also forget that he is in essence a first year player so his body wouldn't be as conditioned as his more experienced team-mates.

Scorlibo
08-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Best of luck to Easton.

Dancin' Douggy
08-08-2009, 12:40 AM

Why not? Are you saying he will never debut?

The Coon Dog
08-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Why not? Are you saying he will never debut?

That's my feel, not with the Bulldogs anyway.

If he was going to get a game, you would have thought last week or even this week would have been the time when he did, but he hasn't. Just joining some dots.

Go_Dogs
08-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Good luck to Easton today. Saw him in the NAB Cup earlier this year and he's certainly a real power athlete. Will be interesting to see what sort of role he plays and how his skills stand up under the quicker pace.

comrade
08-08-2009, 10:33 AM
I was lucky enough to have a good chat with Easton's father a few weeks ago - it's obvious that he comes from a great family and they'll be rapt to see him perform at the highest level.

I hope he has a solid outing today and stakes his claim as Eagleton's future replacement.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Being rested, but has copped a few heavy knocks over recent weeks. He also has no obvious 'tagging' role this week so it's a good time to rest him as he will definitely need to do so big stopping jobs over the coming weeks.

I think we also forget that he is in essence a first year player so his body wouldn't be as conditioned as his more experienced team-mates.

Thanks for that, great to see another future prospect getting blooded.

Before I Die
08-08-2009, 01:14 PM
That's my feel, not with the Bulldogs anyway.

If he was going to get a game, you would have thought last week or even this week would have been the time when he did, but he hasn't. Just joining some dots.

I have no problem with O'Keefe not debuting this year (if the coaching staff see an attitudinal, skill or game style problem, then so be it) but I hope your feeling is wrong in the long term. It is always disappointing when young players don't fulfil their potential and I believe if he can rectify whatever the problem is, he could have a lot to offer the senior team.

hujsh
08-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Great dash through the middle. Shame the kick wasn't as good though.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Impressive debut for the kid! Big future;)

DOG GOD
08-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Impressive debut for the kid! Big future;)

He looked good with what he did....far from the worst...far from it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-08-2009, 06:11 PM
The only positive things from the whole day, but lost in the overall crapulence of the team's performance.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Great dash through the middle. Shame the kick wasn't as good though.

How prophetic that statement you made.It will be repeated many times in his career.
As he did when clear in the last minute & he kicked it directly to Wirrpanda which allowed
them to run the clock down.game over!

Good debut other than the kicking turnovers.

GVGjr
08-08-2009, 06:46 PM
How prophetic that statement you made.It will be repeated many times in his career.
As he did when clear in the last minute & he kicked it directly to Wirrpanda which allowed
them to run the clock down.game over!

Good debut other than the kicking turnovers.

It showed to me that he still isn't ready or at least he would need to get a game when we are playing better. I'm not sure what happened to his marking power but he needs another bow than just providing run and dash.

bornadog
08-08-2009, 06:48 PM
It showed to me that he still isn't ready or at least he would need to get a game when we are playing better. I'm not sure what happened to his marking power but he needs another bow than just providing run and dash.

I would leave him in and drop Eagleton for next week. Give him some game time and help his development. He moves beautifully and can kick a ball long, just needs some footy smarts which will come with experience.

GVGjr
08-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I would leave him in and drop Eagleton for next week. Give him some game time and help his development. He moves beautifully and can kick a ball long, just needs some footy smarts which will come with experience.

I'm not saying he should be dropped mainly because unless guys like Reid are fit enough we are struggling for numbers.

AndrewP6
08-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Wasn't that impressed with Wood today :( ... perhaps in a side playing a lot less shite, he may have looked better...but didn't do much for me.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't think he played a great game but I love the type of player he is. I think it's time for us to make a statement and fill out our 22 with players displaying the right attitude.

Bumper Bulldogs
08-08-2009, 08:08 PM
It's a shame that the boys had no endeavor to win for the kid.

If I was him i would be disappointed in the experienced guys not my own game.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Agree! It's way over due that Rocket and the selection commitee start earning thier wages! West Coast have one of the youngest, if not the youngest side in the AFL! Put the side on notice ffs!!!!!!!

GVGjr
08-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't think he played a great game but I love the type of player he is. I think it's time for us to make a statement and fill out our 22 with players displaying the right attitude.

The thing about Wood is I'm not sure what sort of player he is and where he will eventually play. He still needs a lot of work on his decision making, reading the game and his skills.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 08:53 PM
The thing about Wood is I'm not sure what sort of player he is and where he will eventually play. He still needs a lot of work on his decision making, reading the game and his skills.

Totally agree with that. I just think that while our 22 has someone like Eagleton in it we should be using the last spots as an example of what we expect from players. I think it's what Ross Lyon does. We only do it when it comes to not picking Guy O'Keefe.

mighty_west
08-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I get the feeling Wood could become a scape goat type very easily if he doesn't polish up on those skills, being a link player.

bulldogtragic
08-08-2009, 11:50 PM
There is something to like about him. Like most first gamers, seemed to be a taken with the increased pace of the game. But i saw something.

LostDoggy
09-08-2009, 12:30 AM
I get the feeling Wood could become a scape goat type very easily if he doesn't polish up on those skills, being a link player.

Why would a player with questionable skills be played as a link player?

Ray was tried in this role as well but kept turning the ball over -- now at the Saints he's asked to play an accountable role instead of making the play and he's right at home.

It's like Rocket is just setting these guys up to fail.

ps. yet GOK, with his sublime traffic skills, don't get a go in this role.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 10:58 AM

There is more about being a link player than skill execution. Wood not have a great kick but he has the work ethic to get in the right position to link up play. No point having a great kick if youdon't have the tank/work ethic to get in the space to use it.

St.Kilda have been a wonderful example of how work ethic (assuming they have fitness required) > skill execution around the ground.

Sleeve1970
09-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Like so many of the other rookies on the list...no footy smarts, no idea how to play fast and to slow to make a correct decision......... great future we have bring on the flag in 2054.

anfo27
09-08-2009, 04:43 PM
To me Easton was impressive. He's a good size, good pace, good strength, skills are quite good & he wasn't over rawed by the occasion like Stack. Stack 1st & 3rd game looked the same to me he's performance looked as if he felt he isn't good enough. he clearly is good enough he just has to believe in himself. I'd like to see Easton get another game next week, heard alot about this kid and want to see more. Oh and the people critizing his clanger in the last quarter if you looked at it properly that was his only option, it wasn't like there was a team mate next to him asking for a handball to run it down.

mighty_west
09-08-2009, 05:56 PM

Ray was tried in this role as well but kept turning the ball over -- now at the Saints he's asked to play an accountable role instead of making the play and he's right at home.

It's like Rocket is just setting these guys up to fail.

ps. yet GOK, with his sublime traffic skills, don't get a go in this role.

Yeah i'm not to sure why, you can cop players with lesser skills if they are hard at it, in & under, get the ball out etc, then they feed off to the link players or skillful mids to create.

Woods run & carry is impressive, he also likes to take players on, has a baulk, maybe he could be that type that just gets a full head of steam and blaze away? i'm not too sure, i haven't seen enough oif him play to make judgement.

Unfortunatly we have seen time & time again players that carry the ball, but let thmselves down with their disposal, Ray, McMahon, even Eagleton at times.

westdog54
09-08-2009, 07:58 PM
There is something to like about him. Like most first gamers, seemed to be a taken with the increased pace of the game. But i saw something.

So did I. Poise. Just seemed to know what and who was coming around him when he had the ball.

The polish with the disposal and the smarts will come with gametime and experience. I'd be happy for him to keep his spot.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
So did I. Poise. Just seemed to know what and who was coming around him when he had the ball.

The polish with the disposal and the smarts will come with gametime and experience. I'd be happy for him to keep his spot.

I was impressed with his run but I actually thought he struggled with the poise part.

I said that in another thread, sorry I am not trying to pick on you. :)

westdog54
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I was impressed with his run but I actually thought he struggled with the poise part.

I said that in another thread, sorry I am not trying to pick on you. :)

Oh you are too!;)

We'll have to agree to disagree, but I thought he seemed pretty calm in traffic

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Oh you are too!;)

We'll have to agree to disagree, but I thought he seemed pretty calm in traffic

Breaking it down a bit, I actually think he is strong in traffic, a lot of it is down to him naturally being a tough type of player. Poise to me is knowing how much time you have and using it as well as possible.

Mofra
09-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I thought Wood was one of our few positives for the day.
He attacked the ball & demanded it when he didn't have it, which put him ahead of most of our 1-3 year players already (Everitt & Stack, looking at you).

The kick to a vacant square; that was the correct decision. He hit the post as well, very close to two goals from a debut off the HBF. He attacked a contest with Q.Lynch hard enough to force a boundary contest when he was out of position.
I didn't even mind the "almost" mix up when he marked the ball whilst bumping Shaggy at the same time. Spoiled a number of times, carries the ball which is something we have really lacked the past few weeks.

Can't be easy coming from a VFL side with a real forwardline into the AFL with the most dysfunctional F50 since University fielded a team.

1eyedog
09-08-2009, 08:09 PM
He's my partners cousin. A nice guy too.

ledge
10-08-2009, 06:27 PM
I like the boy, really had a go, WANTED the ball and tried his guts out.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2009, 06:30 PM
He attacked the ball & demanded it when he didn't have it, which put him ahead of most of our 1-3 year players already (Everitt & Stack, looking at you).

The kick to a vacant square; that was the correct decision. He hit the post as well, very close to two goals from a debut off the HBF. He attacked a contest with Q.Lynch hard enough to force a boundary contest when he was out of position.
I didn't even mind the "almost" mix up when he marked the ball whilst bumping Shaggy at the same time. Spoiled a number of times, carries the ball which is something we have really lacked the past few weeks.

Can't be easy coming from a VFL side with a real forwardline into the AFL with the most dysfunctional F50 since University fielded a team.
Post of the Year!! :)

There just are not enough references to University anymore. Especially one's that are scarily accurate :(

Dancin' Douggy
10-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Agree with this and also with Ledge.

He WANTED the ball and I was also impressed with his spoil on Lynch.
His natural spring and perfect timing, in a difficult situation, spoilt a certain mark to a much bigger man.
One small passage of play but one giant leap.

Mofra
10-08-2009, 08:47 PM
His natural spring and perfect timing, in a difficult situation, spoilt a certain mark to a much bigger man.
To me it indicates he'll go whenever he's a chance at effecting the play, not just when he has to. Players who are touted as not having "great skills" tend to do this when they finally get their chance. Cross goes hard, Morris backs back into packs every week, Boyd & his clone Picken so as well.

He looks like the defensive winger we're craving, considering he had two close shots on goal from the HBF in a debut.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Thoughts on Easton's and Sam Reid's game last night?

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Wood has lots of nervous energy, gives 100% but needs to steady a little. Can jump and run well, I think he has a good future.
Much written about Ried already, improve his kicking and he'll be a 200+ game player.

DOG GOD
16-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Their attack on the footy was great i thought...really ploughed their way in and contested everything they could. Both their disposal needs a bit of work, but i loves Wood's leap, and it looks like he is capable of contested marking. Will only improve with a stronger body, but he looks athletic enough and hungry enough to make it at this level.

Reid did a few nice things but stuffed up his disposal a bit in the 1st qtr, but that running goal he kicked was awesome....took the game on, and that what the kids need to do. Mistakes will be made but their endevour could not be faulted. Has anyone got wider shoulders than Reid :)

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Has all the attributes to be a beauty his mark in the dying minutes was very good and his spring is exceptional.

anfo27
16-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Has anyone got wider shoulders than Reid :)

I did notice that also, he's a good size for a 2nd year player. A couple more seasons behind him and will be a brut of a midfielder like a Brad Sewell maybe.

Happy Days
16-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Wood looked good in patches, but fades in and out of the games. I suppose that's to be expected of a second gamer. Also looked to lack a bit of awareness on a couple of occasions, but that will come with experience.

Reid looked very good with his in-and-under work, making the loss of Cross a bit less painful. He does need to improve his skill level, however.

On a side note, what happened with the injury he suffered? Will he be okay?

Dazza
16-08-2009, 05:12 PM
He copped a fair spray from Rocket. Poor kid looked like he was almost in tears after the game.

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 05:22 PM
He copped a fair spray from Rocket. Poor kid looked like he was almost in tears after the game.

I didn't think he looked that upset really. They showed them singing the song and he was in the middle of the circle having a very good time!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-08-2009, 07:30 PM

I didn't think it was a spray, I think it was Rocket just letting him know what he needs to do in that situation.
I thought it was good that after the game a few of the players also spoke to him about what he needed to do in that situation.

LostDoggy
17-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Reid looked very good with his in-and-under work, making the loss of Cross a bit less painful. He does need to improve his skill level, however.

So, really like Crossy, then.

Cyberdoggie
17-08-2009, 12:42 PM

I didn't think it was a big spray but i agree he looked a little emotional after several players and the coach all told him what he should of done.

He didn't have a lot of it but i think he's got a lot going for him. The only thing i didn't like about his game was the that moment near the end where he was running after the ball which was stationary on the outer wing. He seemed to be running in slo mo while a steaming Jono Brown was approaching from behind. Perhaps he didn't see him or he was so fatigued he couldn't run harder but i got out of my chair and screamed at the tele for him to RUN!!!!

bornadog
17-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I didn't think it was a big spray but i agree he looked a little emotional after several players and the coach all told him what he should of done.

He didn't have a lot of it but i think he's got a lot going for him. The only thing i didn't like about his game was the that moment near the end where he was running after the ball which was stationary on the outer wing. He seemed to be running in slo mo while a steaming Jono Brown was approaching from behind. Perhaps he didn't see him or he was so fatigued he couldn't run harder but i got out of my chair and screamed at the tele for him to RUN!!!!

He seemed to have no awareness the Brown was closing in on him.

Go_Dogs
17-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Not a bad game from Easton again this week.

I noticed at quite a few kick-ins he was positioned so that he could take a leap and contest the ball which had been kicked outside our F50. Not sure if it was a tactical ploy or just worked out that way, but it looked good having him contesting and although not marking, bringing the ball to ground and creating a ground level contested situation.

Happy Days
17-08-2009, 05:49 PM
So, really like Crossy, then.

Pretty much, although I think Crossy's still ahead in terms of skills.

westdog54
17-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Pretty much, although I think Crossy's still ahead in terms of skills.

He's also ahead in terms of years in the system.

Wood will come good

The Underdog
17-08-2009, 09:22 PM
He seemed to have no awareness the Brown was closing in on him.

I think he had too much awareness. He was so busy looking over his shoulder waiting for Brown before he took off that it allowed Brown time to catch him. Just a bit of lack of composure. That'll come with time.

Happy Days
17-08-2009, 09:24 PM
He's also ahead in terms of years in the system.

Wood will come good

Oh I know he will, and can appreciate that. Was just talking about the now, and how much better his skills need to get.

bornadog
14-06-2010, 12:36 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/wood.jpg .

I was impressed by Wood yesterday, he certainly gave more than Addison has over the past few weeks. His 16 disposals, pace and long kicking with 4 inside 50's was a fair effort. Hopefully he can make the HBF his own over the next few weeks.

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 02:44 PM
I was impressed by Wood yesterday, he certainly gave more than Addison has over the past few weeks. His 16 disposals, pace and long kicking with 4 inside 50's was a fair effort. Hopefully he can make the HBF his own over the next few weeks.

He did a couple of nice kicks over the defenders to Barry!

Played pretty good yesterday, I loved his run and attack!

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 02:48 PM
I have always been impressed with this guy and his willingness to run and carry. I like him more than Addison and would rather play him if Hargrave is not 100%.

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Maybe he could release Harbrow to the midfield/forward, because Harbrow really needs to tighten up defensivly

westdog54
14-06-2010, 04:06 PM
He did a couple of nice kicks over the defenders to Barry!

Played pretty good yesterday, I loved his run and attack!

You just knew when he hit a couple of those kicks that they were going to one of the forwards completely uncontested. I love a player who makes great decisions and can execute consistently.

Another Clayton special.

Cyberdoggie
14-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I thought they had the balance of running players just right yesterday with Wood, Harbrow, Murphy and Gilbs across there.

We really lacked run at the start of this season with Everitt, Williams, Lake and Morris all playing in defence at the same time, and Hargrave not providing his usual run all year.

LostDoggy
14-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Wood looked really good for his first game. Not a stand out, few nervous moments. But can see some great potential for the future.

Mofra
14-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Thought he must have had a talking too at halftime. First half he looked hesitant, like he wasn't sure he belonged there. After halftime he played his natural game and it worked a treat.
Really gave us some good drive off the HB line, and his long kicking broke down the Brisbane zone. He looks like a classic confidence player to me and perhaps ovetook DFA & Timmy Callan as backmen in one half of football.
He is one guy I'd cop mistakes from because when he is going at full tilt, he will worry opposition coaches.

Jasper
14-06-2010, 09:21 PM
He is one guy I'd cop mistakes from because when he is going at full tilt, he will worry opposition coaches.

Agree, Wood's run and long kicking is what has been missing. Hargrave hasn't provided it this year. Gilbee is often sat on, and Harbrow is having problems defensively and is forced to play deep. I like Wood's work, and yes he made some mistakes backing himself, which I to can accept. Murphy being back helps to.

Pedro Sanchez
14-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah I like him too... Looks the goods and importantly can match his skill with some physical aggression and strength...

On a side note - does anyone know how he's old Geelong Grammar mate O'Keefe is getting on since he left the WO?

soupman
14-06-2010, 09:50 PM
He's certainly impressive physically. His acceleration is great, he just goes up a notch really quickly, a little like Cooney. And he doesn't tackle, he pounces. It's great to watch.

LostDoggy
15-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah I like him too... Looks the goods and importantly can match his skill with some physical aggression and strength...

On a side note - does anyone know how he's old Geelong Grammar mate O'Keefe is getting on since he left the WO?

He is playing for South Adelaide in the SANFL which is a bit like playing for Freo before this year.

He is having a good year getting plenty of possessions. The pace at this lower level suits him.

Go_Dogs
15-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Whilst Wood did some good things on the weekend, I still think he's got a fair way to go. Particularly early he got himself into trouble on a few occasions. Whilst he isn't slow, I don't think he is what I would class as super quick (although he is quick enough) and although he kicked a few long balls to advantage, and it worked on the weekend, he's got to be able to lower the eyes and spot up shorter, weighted passes to leading players.

I think he's got a good future with us, and if he can continue to work on a few areas, should really become a decent player.

Ozza
15-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I like what Wood brings to the side. Some genuine pace and long kicking is what we were lacking a fair bit - and his few efforts to run, carry and kick long were really re-freshing.

Was great to see Bob Murphy get over to him and give him a gee up after a couple of defensive efforts late in teh first quarter. Hopefully the boys get around him, and the coaches stick with him.