PDA

View Full Version : The Cats...

Ozza
08-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Interested to hear the WOOF thoughts on where the Cats are at?

There were disgraceful last night. And I know they have some injuries but gee they carry some ordinary players when they do get injuries - their depth isn't anywhere near what it is said to be.

In the last few weeks - even their wins haven't been in the fashion we expect them to be. Could there be some major chinks in the armour?

Lonergan - not up to it - certainly not as a defender.
Tomahawk - is lumbering and can't change direction - seriously a player you can exploit.
Hogan & Gillies are kids - and not really up to it yet.
Their ruck division is very ordinary without Ottens - and he is not going to get near his best this year even if he does come back.
Steve Johnson is obviously hindered by this hip flexor injury - his game last night was about the worst I've seen someone play.
Tenace - hopeless.
and Little Gazza doesn't seem 100%.

They'll get better I'm sure...but at this stage I'm happy to get them in the first final. Ideally - we get Geelong - beat them, and go into the Prelim on teh other side of the draw to the Saints and Cats.

The Coon Dog
08-08-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm happy to get them in the first final. Ideally - we get Geelong - beat them, and go into the Prelim on teh other side of the draw to the Saints and Cats.
Yup, agree with that, so important that we keep winning then to ensure we finish 3rd.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Steve Johnson is obviously hindered by this hip flexor injury - his game last night was about the worst I've seen someone play.

That's the big one imo.

and Little Gazza doesn't seem 100%.

I think he is a much better player when his side is on. They really work for him like no other side works for any midfielder.

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Yup, agree with that, so important that we keep winning then to ensure we finish 3rd.

A couple of weeks ago I didn't care where we finished as long as it was in the top four but that certainly has changed. I would still have Geelong as favourites but I would love to play them first up.

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 12:04 PM
What I dont like out of this is all the Carlton fans that tend to ring up SEN and talk up how 'awesome' they are and how they can go far in the finals. Yeah right, as far as the 4th quarter in the elimination final.

They beat Geelong without some damn good players including half the backline and an un-fit Stevie J..settle down Carlton fans, you should have lost to North Melbourne last week who kicked 9 behinds in the last quarter.

In regards to Geelong - dont worry bout them, they'll bounce back. It'll be interesting to see the Geelong team we play Round 21 & the Geelong team we possibly play week 1 of the finals. You can never mark down a win with Geelong no matter who they've got out.

Topdog
08-08-2009, 12:56 PM
It's a shame we don't play them next week as they are in all sorts at the moment.

Having said that we pass off our 4 injuries as a reason why we have played not up to our best yet Geelong are without about 8 of their best players. Chappy, Ottens and Scarlett being the big 3 that are missing.

boydogs
08-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Geelong have a mortgage on second spot and are essentially tanking - resting good players for finals, and experimenting in playing players out of position

Lonergan - not up to it - certainly not as a defender.
Won't need to play defense in finals

Tomahawk - is lumbering and can't change direction - seriously a player you can exploit.
Played up the ground a bit last night, better deep forward

Hogan & Gillies are kids - and not really up to it yet.

Tenace - hopeless.
Won't play finals

Their ruck division is very ordinary without Ottens - and he is not going to get near his best this year even if he does come back.
Agree on Ottens, the others I think are OK but not great

Little Gazza doesn't seem 100%.
Still 4 weeks til finals

They'll get better I'm sure...but at this stage I'm happy to get them in the first final. Ideally - we get Geelong - beat them, and go into the Prelim on the other side of the draw to the Saints and Cats.
I would suggest we will have to beat both St Kilda and Geelong or one of them twice. Would be good to have the week off, then play the 'best of the rest' in the prelim before the GF however we would still need to beat one of the top 2 twice in this scenario, and whether we finish 3rd or 4th we could follow the same path, just becomes a question of whether we think we are a better show against St Kilda or Geelong. ATM I would settle for either as we are far from guaranteed a top 4 spot

It will be interesting to see whether the lead in this year with 3 big games before finals sets us up better than preparing for the Hawks in week 1 of finals from a month out

LostDoggy
08-08-2009, 07:14 PM
We have bigger things to worry about....

Ozza
08-08-2009, 07:18 PM
^^
Yeah now we do.

After last night...what an opportunity for our guys - they would have seen that and surely thought "We have to get third spot - we're a huge chance". 3rd spot is gone now - save for a miracle form turnaround.

bulldogtragic
08-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Cats even at half rat power would have beaten today's team by 120+ points.

I don't know why people are writing the cats off just yet.

Go_Dogs
09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Cats even at half rat power would have beaten today's team by 120+ points.

I don't know why people are writing the cats off just yet.

I wouldn't be writing them off, but I'd certainly want to play them at the moment rather than St Kilda first week.

At this rate we might not even make top 4, in fact, it's increasingly likely, so it might be a moot point anyway.