PDA

View Full Version : Bobby, Gia and Higgins

Rocco Jones
08-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I have had many negative posts tonight so I might need it with a possibly positive thread.

The one hope we have is that these guys can come back and play at a level resembling their best. Bobby is back next week, Higgins the week after and apparently Gia is a week ahead of schedule and looking to return in round 22. The trio could benefit our forward structure and entry massively. With Picken also back soon we could have our best 22 out on the park come finals time.

Whether they give us genuine hope or it's all a fallacy, I will use it to dream positive dreams of our finals campaign. Good night.

lemmon
09-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Murph and Higgo will be a massive boost, its really going to be touch and go for Gia though probably needs a week at Willi with the amount of footy he's missed.

boydogs
09-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Add Picken and Welsh to the list and subtract our worst 5 performers, you can definitely expect a big improvement on todays performance

Dry Rot
09-08-2009, 12:50 AM
WCF were missing reasonably handy players like Cox and Kerr.

Remi Moses
09-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Add Picken and Welsh to the list and subtract our worst 5 performers, you can definitely expect a big improvement on todays performance

Welsh isn't the answer he's a flat track bully.

Sedat
09-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Amazing that a first year rookie who had major questions marks on the perceived limitations in his game at the start of this season was so sorely missed today. Our side will look and perform so much better with the inclusion of Murph, Gia, Higgins and Picken.

Scorlibo
09-08-2009, 01:08 AM
If we had these 3 today today I have no doubt in saying that we would have won by 5 goals.

LostDoggy
09-08-2009, 01:33 AM
If we had these 3 today today I have no doubt in saying that we would have won by 5 goals.

Bullsht excuses, there were no Cox and Kerr either so we were lucky not to get beaten by more on those terms. Saints don't need excuses even when players are out.

We would be better off with these players coming back in to a confident side.

Mantis
09-08-2009, 02:06 AM
You can't have your best 3 forwards out as well as Welsh and expect to have a functioning forward line, it just doesn't happen.

GVGjr
09-08-2009, 08:06 AM
You can't have your best 3 forwards out as well as Welsh and expect to have a functioning forward line, it just doesn't happen.

Add the fact that Johnson also spent a lot of time in the midfield and it really was a new look structure.

Scorlibo
09-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Bullsht excuses, there were no Cox and Kerr either so we were lucky not to get beaten by more on those terms. Saints don't need excuses even when players are out.

We would be better off with these players coming back in to a confident side.

I'm not making excuses, we were appalling, disgusting. We should have won comfortably without these guys in. They are our 3 most creative forwards though, and Scotty Welsh is another important player up forward, you take away so many players from one part of the ground and it makes a massive difference. Too many times yesterday we were forced to kick to a Stack vs Glass marking contest.

Remi Moses
09-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm not making excuses, we were appalling, disgusting. We should have won comfortably without these guys in. They are our 3 most creative forwards though, and Scotty Welsh is another important player up forward, you take away so many players from one part of the ground and it makes a massive difference. Too many times yesterday we were forced to kick to a Stack vs Glass marking contest.

I'll contribute with a little more perspective now. I agree we need those players in although i still mantain that Welsh is a flat track bully,i just couldn't believe the Addison forward option! Just out of interest is Rocket currently uploading his coaching because it sure as hell looks like it.

Topdog
09-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Addison played pretty well in the first half and I thought was doing his job (defensive forward!).

I'd like to put up some stats.

Inside 50's

Rank Name Games Total
1 Nathan Eagleton 19 81
2 Ryan Griffen 19 79
3 Jason Akermanis 18 78
4 Brad Johnson 19 74
4 Matthew Boyd 19 74
6 Lindsay Gilbee 18 68
7 Adam Cooney 17 56
7 Mitchell Hahn 19 56
9 Shaun Higgins 15 55
10 Daniel Giansiracusa 13 51

Goal Assists

Rank Name Games Total
1 Brad Johnson 19 26
2 Jason Akermanis 18 21
3 Shaun Higgins 15 18
4 Daniel Giansiracusa 13 17
5 Josh Hill 19 16
6 Nathan Eagleton 19 12
7 Robert Murphy 10 11
8 Will Minson 19 10
9 Scott Welsh 10 9
9 Mitchell Hahn 19 9
9 Lindsay Gilbee 18 9
9 Matthew Boyd 19 9
13 Ryan Griffen 19 8
13 Daniel Cross 19 8
15 Adam Cooney 17 6

I realise an inside 50 isn't all the goal assists and when players miss it is obviously not a GA but We have guys like Eagleton, Griffin, Boyd and Cooney who need to work on this aspect of their game. Ideally I'd love a stat for i50's that result in a mark in the 50 but can't find that.

For every 3 times Gia enters the F50 we get a goal. Johnno and Higgins are the same. We were missing 2 of these 3 and it was dreadful to watch the entries yesterday.

bulldogtragic
09-08-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm all for defending Eagle, but of his #1 ranking for inside 50's, what % was effective/ineffective?

I hesitate a guess that a good percentage were not of decent quality.

westdog54
09-08-2009, 07:49 PM
The one thought I had on the way out of the ground yesterday was "We missed Gia more than some would like to admit". He leads hard, holds contested marks and his delivery after the first two bits is for the most part pretty damn good. The only one who looked like doing that yesterday was Akermanis and one man can only do so much.

Higgins is brilliant, Bobby a relentlessly hard worker, Picken gets a job done without fuss. There was a difference made there (Although I will say I was impressed with Wood's poise and run) but for things to get to the situation it did in that second quarter was simply unacceptable. There was enough quality left on the field to put up a far better showing than that.

Rocco Jones
09-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Higgins is brilliant, Bobby a relentlessly hard worker, Picken gets a job done without fuss. There was a difference made there (Although I will say I was impressed with Wood's poise and run) that.

I was impressed with Wood's run but I wasn't very impressed with his poise.

westdog54
09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
I was impressed with Wood's run but I wasn't very impressed with his poise.

I'll have to find a third thread to be impressed with his poise in so we can disagree again;)