PDA

View Full Version : Eade puts pen to paper

The Pie Man
10-08-2009, 02:21 PM
BREAKING NEWS: FINALLY, it is about to become official. The Herald Sun understands the Bulldogs will announce at 2pm that Rodney Eade has signed a new contract to continue coaching the club.

The deal is expected to be for two years, with speculation that certain performance parameters might lead to a third.

Eade is the final AFL coach coming out of contract this season to put pen to paper.

The announcement, which has been brewing for several months, will allow the club to focus on the lead-in to the finals.

Link to Herald Sun article below

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25908098-19742,00.html

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Great timing, on the back of a sterling performance at the weekend.

Desipura
10-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Im as pi$$ed off as you are about the performance, no need to be a smart a$$ about it. Two years sits well with me.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Are we that boring here that even a bit of sarcasm is frowned upon. Sheesh.

Desipura
10-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Are we that boring here that even a bit of sarcasm is frowned upon. Sheesh.
No just you.
How about posting after we have a win?

bulldogtragic
10-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I think so. It shows our club administrators aren't backwards thinking hicks who base their opinions on one loss.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 02:41 PM
No just you.
How about posting after we have a win?

Diddums.

You'll find I do post after wins as well. I just happen to find the assessments of our club and where it's at to be way too forgiving on this forum - and I'm not the only one.

I find it necessary to make comments and agree with some of the sentiments expressed in the "disgusted" thread and elsewhere. Poor performances need to be criticised - and that's my right to do so.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I think so. It shows our club administrators aren't backwards thinking hicks who base their opinions on one loss.

FWIW, I am all for re-signing Eade. Generally speaking I feel he has done a good job. Albeit the fact that he is found wanting tactically from time to time. I do however think the timing is odd.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Diddums.

You'll find I do post after wins as well. I just happen to find the assessments of our club and where it's at to be way too forgiving on this forum - and I'm not the only one.

I find it necessary to make comments and agree with some of the sentiments expressed in the "disgusted" thread and elsewhere. Poor performances need to be criticised - and that's my right to do so.
If you don't like the forum, no is asking you to stay. Only to improve you message delivery.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Perhaps they think it will be one less distraction, after a performance like that, it can't hurt to try something.

Desipura
10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
FWIW, I am all for re-signing Eade. Generally speaking I feel he has done a good job. Albeit the fact that he is found wanting tactically from time to time. I do however think the timing is odd.
We play Brisbane away in a huge game. Hopefully the travel will be just the tonic to get the boys back on track. They say when teams travel it can help with team bonding. It might just be what we need.
What better way to say we love having you on board Rocket, with a big win this week!

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
If you don't like the forum, no is asking you to stay. Only to improve you message delivery.

My post employed sarcasm to get a point across, that it is strange timing.

I accept the argument put forward by Furtanken that this could be an interesting diversionary tactic from the lame-arse performance on the weekend; and that it could serve as a means for Eade and his chargers to re-focus. As much as I am a cynic (natural state of being for most life-long Dogs fans), I know it can't get much worser than it did on Saturday, and perhaps dispelling some of the uncertaintly about Eade's future will serve us well.

chef
10-08-2009, 02:53 PM

I accept the argument put forward by Furtanken that this could be an interesting diversionary tactic from the lame-arse performance on the weekend; and that it could serve as a means for Eade and his chargers to re-focus. As much as I am a cynic (natural state of being for most life-long Dogs fans), I know it can't get much worser than it did on Saturday, and perhaps dispelling some of the uncertaintly about Eade's future will serve us well.

Much worse would have been to roll over and give up(like Port Adelaide did). At least we fought it out until the end and nearly pinched it.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2009, 02:54 PM

You can only hope. And the only upside from the game last week was that the only place is up. I posted a month or so back that this would happen this week as an impetus for the club. As last year when we re-signed a heap of players the playing team got a massive spurt of confidence and form. Hopefully Higgins signing can be confirmed and get some excitement around the playing group. I don't think there are any manipulative tendancies here (i.e. cover up the loss), just good timing. It would have been a great plan if we won on the weekend, but we didn't and we have to move on and win the next 6 or 7 games against top 6 teams. Either we're good enough, or it's tie to take the scalpal to the list.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Much worse would have been to roll over and give up(like Port Adelaide did). At least we fought it out until the end and nearly pinched it.

That's just a nice way of saying we didn't play 4 quarters of footy.

mighty_west
10-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Very good news, i have no problem in when things like these are announced, you make the announcement after a win, fine, thats great, you make it after a loss, no big deal, the amounts of work going on behind the scenes drawing up these types of deals, they really have to announce it when all boxes are ticked, after a win, loss or draw! - the sooner it was announced the better imo.

Now we can get on with it.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 03:25 PM

We haven't done that all year.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Very good news, i have no problem in when things like these are announced, you make the announcement after a win, fine, thats great, you make it after a loss, no big deal, the amounts of work going on behind the scenes drawing up these types of deals, they really have to announce it when all boxes are ticked, after a win, loss or draw! - the sooner it was announced the better imo.

Now we can get on with it.

Im happy with Rockets 2 years......hopefully a few of the boys will follow him and sign up for another couple of years as well....

Remi Moses
10-08-2009, 03:30 PM

Sorry, iknow it's nice to put a positive spin on things but West Coast should never have been 47 pts up on us Saturday. Then to be in front [with everything to play for] and still get beat is totally unacceptable:mad:

Scraggers
10-08-2009, 03:32 PM
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25908098-19742,00.html

UPDATE 2:05pm: FINALLY, it has become official. Rodney is staying on as Bulldogs coach. The Bulldogs made the announcement at a press conference moments ago.

The Herald Sun understands Eade has signed a new contract to continue coaching the club.

The deal is expected to be for two years, with speculation that certain performance parameters might lead to a third.

Eade is the final AFL coach coming out of contract this season to put pen to paper.

The announcement, which has been brewing for several months, will allow the club to focus on the lead-in to the finals.

Remi Moses
10-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Im happy with Rockets 2 years......hopefully a few of the boys will follow him and sign up for another couple of years as well....
Agree glad they've got the re-signing over and done with. Just disappointing it's after our worst effort in donkeys.

mighty_west
10-08-2009, 03:39 PM

Means jack mate, you make the announcement when it's good to go, why stall? and give it a chance to leak to the press?

You do it, and you get on with it.

mighty_west
10-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Agree glad they've got the re-signing over and done with. Just disappointing it's after our worst effort in donkeys.

I dunno, our efforts after half time against Freo were disappointing.

Remi Moses
10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I dunno, our efforts after half time against Freo were disappointing.

Yeah but one was in the victory column the other was an unloseable game:o:o

chef
10-08-2009, 03:48 PM

That's how i saw the game:confused:.

mighty_west
10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah but one was in the victory column the other was an unloseable game:o:o

A bit like wallpapering over cracks?

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 03:58 PM

Doesnt matter if it was "after our worst effort in donkeys", wouldnt have mattered if it was after one of our better wins, the main this is its done and our club can move onto something else now, like signing up the other guys(im sure they have been working on it anyway) that are coming out of contract.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 06:15 PM

Im as pi$$ed off as you are about the performance, no need to be a smart a$$ about it. Two years sits well with me.

Talk about overreaction.

GVGjr
10-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm happy that the deal is done and think it's a great outcome for both the club and the coach. I was a strong supporter of a 2 year deal because it maintains the need to get on with things and not start another rebuilding phase.
With Rocket at the helm for 8 years we should know one way or the other if the club can get back into a grand final or two.

Get the sleeves rolled up Rocket because we need you to finish the job.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Amen to that!

Mantis
10-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm happy that the deal is done and think it's a great outcome for both the club and the coach. I was a strong supporter of a 2 year deal because it maintains the need to get on with things and not start another rebuilding phase.
With Rocket at the helm for 8 years we should know one way or the other if the club can get back into a grand final or two.

It looks as though making the final step from being the 3rd or 4th best team to the best is going to require some tough decisions along the way. Let's hope they are made and we can continue to build over the next couple of years.

I think it's a good result, so Rocket, over to you and your team.

AndrewP6
10-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Great news, in my book. Eade has done some fantastic work at Whitten Oval, and deserves the opportunity to, as he said "finish the job". One bad performance wouldn't (and shouldn't) be a determining factor in this decision. For all we know, it may have been done last week, and only announced publicly today. Go Dogs!

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Glad its been done.

Some good news to come out of the past 3 days.

Lets hope a couple follow after him..

bornadog
11-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Should have an option for three based on performance.

Dry Rot
11-08-2009, 12:22 AM
It looks as though making the final step from being the 3rd or 4th best team to the best is going to require some tough decisions along the way. .

Are you confident they will be made? The constant selection of Eagleton and Hahn doesn't fill me with confidence.

Ditto comments from Cross about players not following instructions.

Mantis
11-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Are you confident they will be made? The constant selection of Eagleton and Hahn doesn't fill me with confidence.

Ditto comments from Cross about players not following instructions.

I am reasonably confident, but a lot will depend on the development of our talls in the next 12 to 24 months.

The players you mentioned are on there way out, but we do have quite a promising list so hopefully with some further fine-tuning we can take the next step.

And if players aren't following the coaches instructions (and are repeat offenders) they should be looking for a new club to play at next year.