PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Richo

Dry Rot
21-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Hope we can all be big enough to congratulate a guy who has kicked 700 goals, no matter who he plays with.

Champion tall IMO.

GVGjr
21-04-2007, 07:15 AM
While he has be both a hero and a villain as far as Tigers supports are concerned he is a terrific footballer. It's his body language that Tigers supporters and the media are most critical of.

LostDoggy
21-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Much maligned player but obviously a champion. Always entertaining.

LostDoggy
21-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Much maligned player but obviously a champion. Always entertaining.

He is very maligned by his own supporters but 700 goals proves that he is a great player.

Twodogs
21-04-2007, 11:36 AM
I love Richo. Despite the fact he is a Richmond player him, Glenn Archer, Clive Waterhouse and Royce Hart are my favorite ever opposition players.

Congrats to the big dill.

bornadog
21-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Love to have had a Richo in our team, never stops trying and without Richo in the team the Tigers would have ben even worse over the last 25 years. Not many can kick 700 goals in their career, actually only 9 others have.

westdog54
21-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Is the best player on their list bar none.

Sure his body language and set shots can sometimes let him down, but hey, he's managed 700 goals which is a wonderful achievement.

A lot of the criticism of him is very unfair, a key forward can't operate without good deliver and lets face it, a lot of the time he simply hasn't had it. Moreso than that, how many key forwards are their of Richo's size who have the engine and skills to play a game on the wing to unsettle the opposition?

Sorry to bring a bigfooty rubbish word onto here, but anyone who calls Richo a hack or overrated is a dead set MUPPET.

GVGjr
21-04-2007, 01:15 PM
A mate of mine reckons if we had a player like Richo in the team we would win a premiership.

alwaysadog
21-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Always been a top player. OK he's shown too much negative emotion at times, but so much is expected of him, and he sets himself high standards.

If we had had him up forward while Grant was in his prime we would have been unstoppable. Wallet is rumoured to have tried to entice him across, but he wouldn't budge.

While I'm relieved and glad we won last night, I wish he had manged his 700th in a victorious side. Imagine the easy ride he'd get when our runners are up and going.

Also thought Harris did very well on him.

firstdogonthemoon
21-04-2007, 05:27 PM
I love Richo.

But even if I hated him, I could never hate him as much as some of the Richmond supporters do!

Some of those people are just not right.

alwaysadog
21-04-2007, 05:50 PM
I love Richo.

But even if I hated him, I could never hate him as much as some of the Richmond supporters do!

Some of those people are just not right.

How true on both counts.

I was lucky last night to be sitting in front of a rationale and well informed Tiger supporter and his comments to his neighbour during the game were usually correct, perceptive and calm, and his disappointment reflected both a pasion for his team but a lack of faith with current coaching directions. His commenst made my watching of the game much more enjoyable because he shared inadvertently, his knowledge of the Richmond players. He seemed to me to represent a tiny minority. Most seemed to be worked up enough to commit a major crime.

Mind you while turning on your own has been made an art form by Tiges supporters it's not as if all Dogs supporters are loyal to all our players. I regularly used to get into pretty nasty responses when I defended certain players. One of the great things about this board is its respect for the players and for fellow posters. While I appreciate an attempt to analyse a players deficiencies, as long as it also acknowledges his strengths, I can't stand supposed supporters who just bag or denigrate our boys. While they wear the Red white and blue, I'm on their side every step of the way as I know are you fdotm.

BulldogBelle
21-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I am a Richo fan and congratulate him on his 700th goal. At times I have been very suprised how he has been treated by the Richmond supporters - I would absolutely love to have have someone like him in our team he would fit in very nicely indeed.

The Doctor
21-04-2007, 09:40 PM
over rated in my opinion.

looks good by being tall, strong, athletic etc, but doesn't hurt on the scoreborard.

too many excuses for failure. His coach is good at that.

LostDoggy
21-04-2007, 09:59 PM
over rated in my opinion.

looks good by being tall, strong, athletic etc, but doesn't hurt on the scoreborard.

Thats exactly what some of my Kangaroos mates say about Chris Grant.

Sockeye Salmon
23-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Thats exactly what some of my Kangaroos mates say about Chris Grant.

If he said that to me I wouldn't be calling him a mate any longer.