PDA

View Full Version : 'WILL' the Bald Eagle play his 200th game for the WBFC this week?

bulldogtragic
10-08-2009, 07:17 PM
The question is 'will he', not 'should he', 'could he' or the like.

Pick your option.

200 is a marvelous milstone and to go past Choco on 199 would put him in rare company. Sure he is arguably tapering away, but 200 games for our club would be a sensational effort.

comrade
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes, unfortunately.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 07:20 PM
will he? yes

should he? no

Mantis
10-08-2009, 07:24 PM
200 is a marvelous milstone and to go past Choco on 199 would put him in rare company. Sure he is arguably tapering away, but 200 games for our club would be a sensational effort.

Arguably? Are your eyes painted on?

hujsh
10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
The question is 'will he', not 'should he', 'could he' or the like.

It actually says should he on the poll question.

He will get a game but he shouldn't.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Arguably? Are your eyes painted on?
No, my post in the bald eagle thread says everything i need to say. I just didn't want to contaminate the vote :)

anfo27
10-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Nathan will play no doubt but he should of been given the arse at the end of last year.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2009, 07:27 PM
It actually says should he on the poll question.

He will get a game but he shouldn't.
My bad. 'will he' :o

Mantis
10-08-2009, 07:35 PM
No, my post in the bald eagle thread says everything i need to say. I just didn't want to contaminate the vote :)

Fair enough, but I don't think that there was a need for the 'arguably', even his biggest fan can see that he is struggling with both body & mind.

BTW it's an indictment that there is a need for this thread anyway.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Where is the option.

Yes, because we don't ever drop anyone with reputation.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Fair enough, but I don't think that there was a need for the 'arguably', even his biggest fan can see that he is struggling with both body & mind.

First point, we all know what i was getting at... Second point, I agree. I have come full circle and now want to see him gracefully retire at seasons end. I want him out this week too, but at 199, it's a little cruel. But as Rocco has said so eloquently, you can't blame Eagleton for accepting games. That's why this thread exists, because he seems to games no matter what, and if on any game he should be dropped last week was absolutely it. But will his 200th or coaches pet tag keep him in the team. The argument needs to move beyond Nathan as a player to why will the coaches not drop him. I don't get it, if selection is on form, we haven't seen the best of Nathan for 2 months...

Rocco Jones
10-08-2009, 08:04 PM

The biggest indictment is how unlikely it is that he will be dropped.

Rance Fan
10-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Yes itll be game 256! Two more seasons to the big 300!

:p

Remi Moses
10-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Has to be on borrowed time.

The Coon Dog
10-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Has to be on borrowed time.

With Crossy having ankle surgery I can see Eagleton getting a reprieve now.

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I wish he could just sit on the bench for it.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2009, 09:33 PM
With Crossy having ankle surgery I can see Eagleton getting a reprieve now.
Yep. Well done Eagle, 200 games.

Mantis
10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I wish he could just sit on the bench for it.

I was hoping the same for Brian Royal, even with a snapped achilles he would have made a bigger impact than Eagleton has over the last 6 weeks.

BulldogBelle
10-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Brian Royal compared to Eagleton

Its like comparing silver and shit actually

Its pretty dissapointing that a champion, a leader, and a team of the century playing like Choco has had his games total eclipsed by a hack like Nathan

Maybe we are being nice to his cause his Lakey's best mate, and he is a Rocket favourite

LostDoggy
10-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I cant vote on that..
All i can say though, is the eagle has been underperforming all year.
The coaching staff probs dont wanna drop him, but he really has to.
Oh well, 200 games for the dogs isnt too bad! congrats eagle!

The Coon Dog
10-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Its pretty dissapointing that a champion, a leader, and a team of the century playing like Choco has had his games total eclipsed by a hack like Nathan

Loved watching Chocco, one of my all time favourites.

Referring to Nathan as a hack is harsh in my view. He was never flavour of the month because Wallace got rid of Monty to bring him across from Port Adelaide & has deficiencies that are all too apparent.

But to play 200 games for the Bulldogs is a great effort, regardless of who it is & surely to play that many games for the club, you can't be a hack, you just can't be.

He's not a favourite of mine, so I'm not sticking up for him on that basis, just trying to be a bit balanced.

Dry Rot
11-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Over the years there always seems to be a scapegoat or two and especially on internet forums more recently.

Overall over the years, IMO Eagleton has had the rough end of the pineapple but this year various comments are justified - just look at the comments from good posters on this thread and many others.

But we all know that he has played throughout this year and will this weekend. but this begs an interesting question - if they were coaching a top 4 or fringe 4 side like us, would Lyon or Roos have continued playing Eagleton this year?

I think not.

BulldogBelle
11-08-2009, 02:01 AM
If we had greater depth there's a very minor chance he would've been dropped, but there's no chance now.

My god if Rocket would be laying into someone to improve or get out, it would be Eagleton.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 09:44 AM
After last year's finals series, I said he should never wear the jumper again.

He has and until the Hawthorn game, he did well. Since then he has gone back to his fumbling and soft ways and dare I say it, sloppy disposal into the forward line.

There have been many comments questioning why Eade and the selectors persist with him. Clearly, they see something in him, the rest of us don't and I am prepared to concede they know better than we internet forum experts.

I can only presume they value his all-day gut running into space to create opportunities that are limited due to the rolling zone structures. Another fall guy on this forum, Sam Power was persisted with for the same reason.

Few players have the motor, speed and guile to do this. Certainly, the bloke we all want in the side (the GOK) hasn't, nor has Reid. Include Everitt and Stack and you can see the dilemma - who else?

Now I know you're all saying, "Anybody FFS" but that's no answer either.

For mine, it's Hill BUT we already have four first-picked forwards out. It's like MJP says, "We're not over endowed with depth"

And another thing, to call somebody who plays 200 games for the club and 250 overall a hack is a disgrace. His time appears to have come but he deserves our unqualified respect for an excellent career.

1eyedog
11-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Taking up space and an opportunity to blood a developer from Williamstown. He is not in the future plans and that should have been recognised about 10 weeks ago. Start playing players who are in future plans or at least play players with potential to see what they can offer.

Desipura
11-08-2009, 09:52 AM
He should not pass Choco who was a far superior player. In fact if the father son rule was for a minimum 200 games, I would retire him now so he does not qualify :D

The Coon Dog
11-08-2009, 10:06 AM
He should not pass Choco who was a far superior player. In fact if the father son rule was for a minimum 200 games, I would retire him now so he does not qualify :D

Just hit the quote tab & delete the parts you don't want quoted, please.

Desipura
11-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Just hit the quote tab & delete the parts you don't want quoted, please.
I did.

Sedat
11-08-2009, 12:13 PM

He has and until the Hawthorn game, he did well. Since then he has gone back to his fumbling and soft ways and dare I say it, sloppy disposal into the forward line.

There have been many comments questioning why Eade and the selectors persist with him. Clearly, they see something in him, the rest of us don't and I am prepared to concede they know better than we internet forum experts.

I can only presume they value his all-day gut running into space to create opportunities that are limited due to the rolling zone structures. Another fall guy on this forum, Sam Power was persisted with for the same reason.

Few players have the motor, speed and guile to do this. Certainly, the bloke we all want in the side (the GOK) hasn't, nor has Reid. Include Everitt and Stack and you can see the dilemma - who else?

For mine, it's Hill BUT we already have four first-picked forwards out. It's like MJP says, "We're not over endowed with depth"

And another thing, to call somebody who plays 200 games for the club and 250 overall a hack is a disgrace. His time appears to have come but he deserves our unqualified respect for an excellent career.
Pretty spot on assessment EJ, but one that's never really been in dispute by any of us on 'woof'. Eagleton's type is in rare supply on our list, which is why he has been getting a regular game in the last couple of years. And to be fair he was holding his own up to his 250th game this season. But since then he has simply not contributed to the team in any worthwhile capacity in the areas that he is specifically in the team to perform. In time, Easton Wood has the capacity to become a line-breaker and ball carrier with the necessary aerobic capacity to run all day but he's still very much a work in progress. Other than that the cupboard is pretty bare and urgently needs addressing at the draft table in October.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 01:44 PM

Great post.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Brian Royal compared to Eagleton

Its like comparing silver and shit actually

Maybe we are being nice to his cause his Lakey's best mate, and he is a Rocket favourite

Who would even put Brian Royal in the same sentence as Fumbleton.... How many chances... not to be played again... Justice to prevail

1eyedog
11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Pretty spot on assessment EJ, but one that's never really been in dispute by any of us on 'woof'. Eagleton's type is in rare supply on our list, which is why he has been getting a regular game in the last couple of years. And to be fair he was holding his own up to his 250th game this season. But since then he has simply not contributed to the team in any worthwhile capacity in the areas that he is specifically in the team to perform. In time, Easton Wood has the capacity to become a line-breaker and ball carrier with the necessary aerobic capacity to run all day but he's still very much a work in progress. Other than that the cupboard is pretty bare and urgently needs addressing at the draft table in October.

Funny isn't it, we are now bereft of outside running players such as Eagleton after Jordy went to Richmond and Faz went to the Saints.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Maybe there's a win-win situation here, depending on Eagleton's mindset.

Eagleton wins by the club giving him the chance to play a 200th, and as a result repays the show of loyalty by putting in a blinder.

The club wins by allowing him one more game and then being able to say "On yer bike, son" without bad faith.

If Eagleton can look at his form objectively then he must know his days are numbered, and he might settle for this compromise.

I don't think he should play, but being stranded on 199 seems cruel.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Funny isn't it, we are now bereft of outside running players such as Eagleton after Jordy went to Richmond and Faz went to the Saints.

I think we still have plenty of these types in hand.
It's just that they insist on handballling to someone 2 metres infront of them instead of running it themselves and receiving a shepherd from the other guy.

These are the things we need to fix.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
I think we still have plenty of these types in hand.
It's just that they insist on handballling to someone 2 metres infront of them instead of running it themselves and receiving a shepherd from the other guy.

These are the things we need to fix.
Who are these hard running outside players to which you refer?

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 06:25 PM
With 255 AFL games currently, and 13 seasons for pre-season games, i wonder how far off AFL life membership he would be (300 games, day, night and SOO). That would be one heck of an achievement despite the current circumstances.

comrade
11-08-2009, 09:25 PM
With 255 AFL games currently, and 13 seasons for pre-season games, i wonder how far off AFL life membership he would be (300 games, day, night and SOO). That would be one heck of an achievement despite the current circumstances.

BT, you obviously have a lot of time for Eagle - I'm interested in knowing what is it about him that you enjoy so much?

This isn't me having a crack either - just curious.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 09:47 PM
BT, you obviously have a lot of time for Eagle - I'm interested in knowing what is it about him that you enjoy so much?

This isn't me having a crack either - just curious.
I had a lot of time for the Eagle. I guess i'm a sucker for the bulldogs scapegoat. I have always hated how one player is targeted and hounded down. I first came across the notion with Ben Harrison, sure he was't a world beater, but the flack he got from his own was not nice. Also of distaste was theway K-Mac was slandered and guys like Fossie would be slammed for sticking up for them on BF (pre-WOOF days). So then i decided to back those on the list and try to defend players who had no one sticking up for them, as nearly all are doing something right - i just like to accentuate the positives that might get overlooked. I guess i like to balance the shit storms that get created. So i followed Sammy Power and was a defender of him on BF and Timmy Walsh in his last year and Streety last year. Then we needed a new scapegoat and Eagle was the obvious choice. I thought, like the coaches, that he was doing ok last year and up until Hawthorn this year. I don't like the slagging off that can occasionally occur, i don't mind constructive criticism and that of a forthright nature, just not 'he's shit, remove his name from the record book' type crap. He's given a decade's service and 199 games to date and whilst for most the memory of him will be a negative one, he has done some good things and 'duds' don't play 200 games for an AFL team, nor are they on the brink of AFL life membership, a very rare club.

That said, last week was the final straw for me, and the time i had is being dedicated to some new kids like Liam and Bou (they make me excited) and i'm storing up some energy and thickening my skin for defending the new scapegoat (i think Gia, Williams, Hill or Everitt will be selected - None of which should be scapegoated next year, criticised yes, but not the blow torch which some posters can do. But that said WOOF is pretty good and the senior posters use their intelligence and understanding of the game to explain themselves which is great, as i say my issue is with dimwitted baseless remarks of a slanderous nature). Yes Nathan has been a loyal servant, yes he has a potential upside to his game, but like everything in the circle of life, it must come to an end and a new seed given a chance to grow. I hope he can retire gracefully, i hope he isn't remmebered poorly (but footy is a harsh world) and i hope he can get some personal milestones. But he isn't adding anything more than Wood or Reid could at the moment so unless he fixes his game very quickly, I don't think he should be playing finals and thus his career should end in single figure days if he can't pull out an absolute blinder that wins us the game. But realistically, it should be game over, but as many say, he seems to be selected irrespective of form, so who knows, he could be veteran listed next year, but by then, i will be long gone from the Eagleton stable and strugling to keep up with the demand for tickets to the Liam Jones bandwagon.

anfo27
11-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I had a lot of time for the Eagle. I guess i'm a sucker for the bulldogs scapegoat. I have always hated how one player is targeted and hounded down. I first came across the notion with Ben Harrison, sure he was't a world beater, but the flack he got from his own was not nice. Also of distaste was theway K-Mac was slandered and guys like Fossie would be slammed for sticking up for them on BF (pre-WOOF days). So then i decided to back those on the list and try to defend players who had no one sticking up for them, as nearly all are doing something right - i just like to accentuate the positives that might get overlooked. I guess i like to balance the shit storms that get created. So i followed Sammy Power and was a defender of him on BF and Timmy Walsh in his last year and Streety last year. Then we needed a new scapegoat and Eagle was the obvious choice. I thought, like the coaches, that he was doing ok last year and up until Hawthorn this year. I don't like the slagging off that can occasionally occur, i don't mind constructive criticism and that of a forthright nature, just not 'he's shit, remove his name from the record book' type crap. He's given a decade's service and 199 games to date and whilst for most the memory of him will be a negative one, he has done some good things and 'duds' don't play 200 games for an AFL team, nor are they on the brink of AFL life membership, a very rare club.

That said, last week was the final straw for me, and the time i had is being dedicated to some new kids like Liam and Bou (they make me excited) and i'm storing up some energy and thickening my skin for defending the new scapegoat (i think Gia, Williams, Hill or Everitt will be selected - None of which should be scapegoated next year, criticised yes, but not the blow torch which some posters can do. But that said WOOF is pretty good and the senior posters use their intelligence and understanding of the game to explain themselves which is great, as i say my issue is with dimwitted baseless remarks of a slanderous nature). Yes Nathan has been a loyal servant, yes he has a potential upside to his game, but like everything in the circle of life, it must come to an end and a new seed given a chance to grow. I hope he can retire gracefully, i hope he isn't remmebered poorly (but footy is a harsh world) and i hope he can get some personal milestones. But he isn't adding anything more than Wood or Reid could at the moment so unless he fixes his game very quickly, I don't think he should be playing finals and thus his career should end in single figure days if he can't pull out an absolute blinder that wins us the game. But realistically, it should be game over, but as many say, he seems to be selected irrespective of form, so who knows, he could be veteran listed next year, but by then, i will be long gone from the Eagleton stable and strugling to keep up with the demand for tickets to the Liam Jones bandwagon.

I thought he was gone after not making the distance from 40m in the prelim. Started to eat my words half way through the year when he was playing some of his best footy but that Hawthorn game & everything since has not been up to AFL standard. He'll keep playing seniors cause the coaches rate his gut running.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I thought he was gone after not making the distance from 40m in the prelim. Started to eat my words half way through the year when he was playing some of his best footy but that Hawthorn game & everything since has not been up to AFL standard. He'll keep playing seniors cause the coaches rate his gut running.
His gut running is his greatest asset as you say, and his gut running - coast to coast - goal against the Hawks was brilliant. But the game isn't about just running, it's about foot skill execution, sound decision making and playing to a game plan. Whilst he ticks the gut running box, for the last 2 months he hasn't ticked the other boxes, which is a shame. But that's footy, sometimes you are on top of the world with fame, cash, girls and profile and on the other side of the roller coaster is criticism and strong critical attention. If he is selected this week I would actually love to know on what basis it occurs, that is, is he holding his own or is it injuries. With Cross out i could understand his selection, but i still wouldn't agree with it if Reid is fit to come i with Bobby and Picken (for Stack, Everitt and Eagle).

boydogs
11-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Nice post BT
I think we all have our favourites, and it can take quite a few poor performances from them before we allow ourselves to accept they are not performing as we would like. I wonder whether Rodney Eade is in the same basket as you now.

I would like to think that we can debate who should be in the side all day long but on game day hope that each of the players on the park warrant their selection and help us get over the line. The frustration comes when the same players let us down week after week and the coaching staff don't make a change

I was a big fan of Eagle a few years back for his run and long kicking, but lately he seems to be turning the ball over in traffic and not able to get dangerous as much. Disappointing, but at some point everyone including Nathan needs to accept he is no longer contributing as he was. He has been brave and fought for his career after being warned at the start of the season that he may find himself in the VFL a lot, but unfortunately he may not finish the year in the seniors given his second half of the season

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
All this talk could be negated if someone knew what was going on the banner this week. Anyone?

anfo27
11-08-2009, 10:26 PM
His gut running is his greatest asset as you say, and his gut running - coast to coast - goal against the Hawks was brilliant. But the game isn't about just running, it's about foot skill execution, sound decision making and playing to a game plan. Whilst he ticks the gut running box, for the last 2 months he hasn't ticked the other boxes, which is a shame. But that's footy, sometimes you are on top of the world with fame, cash, girls and profile and on the other side of the roller coaster is criticism and strong critical attention. If he is selected this week I would actually love to know on what basis it occurs, that is, is he holding his own or is it injuries. With Cross out i could understand his selection, but i still wouldn't agree with it if Reid is fit to come i with Bobby and Picken (for Stack, Everitt and Eagle).

Agree with the ins & outs maybe not Stack though, his game last week could save him but maybe his game against the eagles was that bad he does'nt get another chance.

anfo27
11-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Also remember watching one week at a time on 1HD the other week and they had behind the scenes look at the Leon Cameron during the Geelong game. It was quite interesting & disturbing at the same time. What i found disturbing was at the 3 quarter time huddle Leon Cameron singled Eagleton out for his great work in that quarter & credited him for getting us back in the game. I nearly put a hole in my tv during that game, that was the worst game I have ever seen eagle play. Now if he was getting praised for that effort then he will never be dropped & he will get another contract for next year.

always right
13-08-2009, 06:30 PM
He deserves to chalk up his 200th...although probably doesn't deserve it this week. His recent form has been poor. In recent weeks, every time we witness another fumble, miskick or turnover, my son and I look at each other and speculate over the likely reaction on the BigFooty forum:o

I've defended him over the year due to the positives he brings when on-song....the gut running and the finishing ability after a long run (undervalued), but he appears to be in decline quicker than I had anticipated.

He'll get a game this week because of the blokes we have out. It's really not the wayyou want to enter your 200th but I'll be cheering him when he runs out. He's been a valuable and loyal servant of the club.

Rocco Jones
13-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Anyone who thinks Eagleton will get dropped this season is seriously deluded. I believe he would even drop Cal Ward before Eagle.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2009, 06:50 PM
All i will say is well done (everyone else has said what im thinking). It's an amazing achievement, congratulations Nathan.

Rocco Jones
13-08-2009, 07:01 PM
All i will say is well done (everyone else has said what im thinking). It's an amazing achievement, congratulations Nathan.

I will give out a congratulations to Eagle as well. I don't blame Eagle for agreeing to play every week. His workrate is decent enough, he just isn't up to it. I blame the blokes that keep on picking him.

LostDoggy
13-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Eade chose "yes, let him play his 200th"

Rocco Jones
13-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Eade chose "yes, let him play his 200th"

and his 201st, 202nd, 203rd , 204th, 205th, 206th, 207th (grand final hopefully!).

He will get delisted before dropped.

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 11:41 AM

I am not convinced that there is a need for such a specialist role in modern football, especially in a team with the Dogs' structure.. Eagle seems to hold a spot because it seems predetermined that our style requires someone to just run around free all day and kick long.

However, there is no point in kicking long if we're not consistently spotting someone up -- as evidenced by our fifty-six thousand inside-50s against the Saints and West Coast that were marked by a defender, games we both lost. It makes sense for someone like Eagle to play if we had a Barry Hall, as he would be able to drag those random punts upfield down to advantage. As it is, playing one (a long aimless punter) without the other (a gorilla full-forward) is a strange mish-mash of philosophies -- a line-busting long kicker, but without a forward structure to kick to.

Since we're playing a zonal forward structure that tracks back with their opponents (as ours seem to do), leaving the forward 50 empty, what we want are gun stoppage players en masse with elite disposal skills so that we can handball our way into space while the fowardline works forward stoppage by stoppage (ala St Kilda or Sydney). Players like Reid, GOK, Ward, Cooney, Griff (yes) etc. would ensure a continuity of possession which is crucial to our structure (are we still no.1 for opponent scores off our turnovers?)

If we get Barry Hall next year and retire Eagle, it would be the same mis-match, only in reverse (I guess we always have Murph and Hargrave to bomb it long and aimlessly).

Sedat
14-08-2009, 12:33 PM
I am not convinced that there is a need for such a specialist role in modern football, especially in a team with the Dogs' structure.. Eagle seems to hold a spot because it seems predetermined that our style requires someone to just run around free all day and kick long.

However, there is no point in kicking long if we're not consistently spotting someone up -- as evidenced by our fifty-six thousand inside-50s against the Saints and West Coast that were marked by a defender, games we both lost. It makes sense for someone like Eagle to play if we had a Barry Hall, as he would be able to drag those random punts upfield down to advantage. As it is, playing one (a long aimless punter) without the other (a gorilla full-forward) is a strange mish-mash of philosophies -- a line-busting long kicker, but without a forward structure to kick to.

Since we're playing a zonal forward structure that tracks back with their opponents (as ours seem to do), leaving the forward 50 empty, what we want are gun stoppage players en masse with elite disposal skills so that we can handball our way into space while the fowardline works forward stoppage by stoppage (ala St Kilda or Sydney). Players like Reid, GOK, Ward, Cooney, Griff (yes) etc. would ensure a continuity of possession which is crucial to our structure (are we still no.1 for opponent scores off our turnovers?)

If we get Barry Hall next year and retire Eagle, it would be the same mis-match, only in reverse (I guess we always have Murph and Hargrave to bomb it long and aimlessly).
Great post.

My expectation for a gut-running line-breaker is that he can kick it like a mule and bypass the zone defences (like a Gram can for St Kilda) and also be able to spot up with some precision - also to have the necessary decision-making prowess to be able to choose the right option between the two. McMahon, for all his faults since then, was developing into precisely this type of player back in 2006.

I love the idea of putting our best distributors behind the ball across half back. Ward has now shown that he is more than capable of holding his own in the middle so now would be a good time to start sending Griffen back for periods of the game. I firmly believe that 2009 has been a great season for Griffen from an education perspective and he has shown he can now win his own ball in heavy traffic.

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I love the idea of putting our best distributors behind the ball across half back. Ward has now shown that he is more than capable of holding his own in the middle so now would be a good time to start sending Griffen back for periods of the game. I firmly believe that 2009 has been a great season for Griffen from an education perspective and he has shown he can now win his own ball in heavy traffic.

You mean exactly like I suggested in the 'Lindsay Gilbee' thread?

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showpost.php?p=104734&postcount=4