PDA

View Full Version : Footy Classified August 10

AndrewP6
11-08-2009, 01:17 AM
After about 25 minutes of a St Kilda love-fest, they reported on Rocket's re-signing. After showing footage from the press conference, Garry Lyon raised the question of the timing, not so much in relation to the weekend's loss, but more in terms of "Why did they wait so long"... Before long, good ol' Caro jumps in with "Something still doesn't seem right to me"...

Bloody hell, the bloke gets another contract, and she's still looking to take shots at us. She really shits me...

gohardorgohome
11-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Be like me...ignore her...she is irrelevant ....

BTW this is not a woman bashing point as I think the Emma Quayle is one of the best journo's around..

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
After about 25 minutes of a St Kilda love-fest, they reported on Rocket's re-signing. After showing footage from the press conference, Garry Lyon raised the question of the timing, not so much in relation to the weekend's loss, but more in terms of "Why did they wait so long"... Before long, good ol' Caro jumps in with "Something still doesn't seem right to me"...

Bloody hell, the bloke gets another contract, and she's still looking to take shots at us. She really shits me...

Hit the mute button, like when that bloke Kelli Underwood is commentatiing.

Remi Moses
11-08-2009, 11:29 AM

Should rename that show Footy Ego it's all about who can trump who for B/s stories. Every time I read The Age I look forward to see What Wilson has made up this week:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jasper
11-08-2009, 11:55 AM
She must really hate Aka, she has been having digs at him all year, the article she wrote after his 300th saying the boys didn't look happy for him was a disgrace

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
mmmm - I'm not a Caro fan either. I'm actually studying journalism & writing at the moment (not that I'll ever be on the same level) but I hope if I ever make it I can be little more 'diplomatic' and maybe not quite so self-focused and oppinionated. I know journo's are really liked anywere, BUT I hope I'd be more liked in places like this?? ;);) You proabably all hate me now I've let that slip.....Maybe I should keep my posts to a minimum!!

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 07:02 PM
How many times has Caro been down at the club this year?

She wouldn't know anything about what's going on.

AndrewP6
11-08-2009, 07:41 PM
mmmm - i'm not a caro fan either. I'm actually studying journalism & writing at the moment (not that i'll ever be on the same level) but i hope if i ever make it i can be little more 'diplomatic' and maybe not quite so self-focused and oppinionated. I know journo's are really liked anywere, but i hope i'd be more liked in places like this?? ;);) you proabably all hate me now i've let that slip.....maybe i should keep my posts to a minimum!!

journo alert! Journo alert! Journo alert!

:D

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 07:58 PM
mmmm - I'm not a Caro fan either. I'm actually studying journalism & writing at the moment (not that I'll ever be on the same level) but I hope if I ever make it I can be little more 'diplomatic' and maybe not quite so self-focused and oppinionated. I know journo's are really liked anywere, BUT I hope I'd be more liked in places like this?? ;);) You proabably all hate me now I've let that slip.....Maybe I should keep my posts to a minimum!!
I actually like journo's. But just not generally sports journos (Caro, Sheehan and that slime ball Hutchison - these guys do nothing positive for the profession), herald sun journos (sensationalistic gutter journalism for the most part, although i like Andrew Bolt), police-bashing journo's in The Age, today tonight 'journos' (enough said), a current affair 'journos' (see today tonight), 'fox' journos (especially USA fox, bias in the extreme), any left wing journos that can't see past their bias (see Maxine McKew, but she was an independent journo before standing for Labor...). And i don't like any mainstream journo's that lose all cred when selling out to chanel 9, see Ray Martin, although his recent special for the 7.30 report shows he still has it. Although the crap 'report' on 60 minutes with a guy standing in a field talking about woodstock was pathetic this week just gone.

Maybe it would have been easier to say I love/d Jana, Richard Carlton (RIP), and like/d Jim Waley, Kerry O'Brien (although he can be quite biased), most of the 'insiders' team, Laurie Oakes, Peter Harvey ........ (Canberra), and i like over opinionated shock jocks in Hinch and Mitchell for a giggle.

So before I cast judgement ( :) ) it depends, which sort of journo do you want to be?

bornadog
11-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Saw Eddie last night on Tens HD channel and he said he hasn't spoken to Caro since the start of the season.

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
So before I cast judgement ( :) ) it depends, which sort of journo do you want to be?

Well, we'll have to wait and see. But I actaully agree with you in many cases, perhaps that's what interests me about it. To be better than the ones I dislike....See how I go :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I am about to start studying sports journalism, does that mean i will be banned? :D

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Well, we'll have to wait and see. But I actaully agree with you in many cases, perhaps that's what interests me about it. To be better than the ones I dislike....See how I go :rolleyes:
With that attitude you will be great. Knowing what you don't want to stand for is a great basis for working out what you do. That puts you ahead of a lot of aspiring journo's.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 09:53 PM
I am about to start studying sports journalism, does that mean i will be banned? :D
No not all. Only that everyone will put you on global ignore :)

Only kidding. You can change the culture!

Happy Days
11-08-2009, 09:55 PM
(sensationalistic gutter journalism for the most part, although i like Andrew Bolt)

Surely that's an oxy-moron?

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Surely that's an oxy-moron?
No, Andy's ok. I've heard him speak a few times a luncheon's and things and he's a very intersting bloke, with a different view of the world. In footy terms he isn't the game caller, he's special comments. So it's more opinion pieces rather than news reporting he does. I like some left and some conservative opinion writers, and Bolt can articulate why he beleives in something and why he has an opinion. Where as some others are so firmly entrenched in their ideological beliefs they can't express critical thinking and rational opinions. But that said, Bolt like not too many others can polarize people to the extreme.

Happy Days
11-08-2009, 10:04 PM
No, Andy's ok. I've heard him speak a few times a luncheon's and things and he's a very intersting bloke, with a different view of the world. In footy terms he isn't the game caller, he's special comments. So it's more opinion pieces rather than news reporting he does. I like some left and some conservative opinion writers, and Bolt can articulate why he beleives in something and why he has an opinion. Where as some others are so firmly entrenched in their ideological beliefs they can't express critical thinking and rational opinions. But that said, Bolt like not too many others can polarize people to the extreme.

I can respect the bloke's ability to argue, I just happen to disagree on both his views and the way in which he goes about it.

To each their own :)

bulldogtragic
11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
I can respect the bloke's ability to argue, I just happen to disagree on both his views and the way in which he goes about it.

To each their own :)
I guess that is what i actually like about him. I don't always agree with his views, but he is a very analytical thinker, argues rationally and dissects arguments and is able to counter to his view with authority. I like the theatre of it, as you say respcting anbody for that matter that can construct and execute arguments to the level he does earns some respect. I also like to then watch the polar effect he has on people, can be fun to watch people who love him and hate him go at it (like some family members on polar ideological extremes). The way he goes about it has got him a profile, a bit like Hinch, Laws or Zamanek - they are in your face. Although not being from Sydney, from a far, they just sounded like dicks. You could say the same for Hinch, but i like the way he will stand in front of the law to do what he thinks is right for the rights of kids not to be sexually exploited.

Remi Moses
11-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I guess that is what i actually like about him. I don't always agree with his views, but he is a very analytical thinker, argues rationally and dissects arguments and is able to counter to his view with authority. I like the theatre of it, as you say respcting anbody for that matter that can construct and execute arguments to the level he does earns some respect. I also like to then watch the polar effect he has on people, can be fun to watch people who love him and hate him go at it (like some family members on polar ideological extremes). The way he goes about it has got him a profile, a bit like Hinch, Laws or Zamanek - they are in your face. Although not being from Sydney, from a far, they just sounded like dicks. You could say the same for Hinch, but i like the way he will stand in front of the law to do what he thinks is right for the rights of kids not to be sexually exploited.

yes our climate scientist Prof. Andrew Bolt. Conspiracy theorist as every subject he apparently writes about has some left wing conspiracy. Let's be honest Kiddie fiddlers should be burnt at the stake that's a view with everybody agrees on. As for Bolt I once read his articles and once got worked up,but he's as relevant as John Elliott:rolleyes:

LostDoggy
11-08-2009, 11:33 PM
I would much rather listen to Nails on a chalkboard than Caro's comments re: her so called knowledge of footy, any day of the week!!