PDA

View Full Version : My Shit week in Sport

Topdog
11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
started last Thursday with the news that the Orlando Magic's starting PF Rashard Lewis had been suspended for 10 games for taking a banned substance.

Later that day the new A-League season started and the Victory lost 2-0 as I watched on in despair.

Saturday comes around and the Bulldogs put in their worst effort in a half for the past 5 years.

Sunday comes around and all the Saints outs have crippled my DT which I lose by 500 points after having 6 0's.

Monday night we find out that Daniel Cross might be out for the season (thankfully wrong)

And then this morning Greg Inglis from the Storm gets suspended indefinitely for hitting his girlfriend (moron).

Thank God my beloved Tottenham haven't played or we'd lose 6-0 at this rate.

Hopefully it ends with that and the Bulldogs bounce back for me this Sat night.

Remi Moses
11-08-2009, 03:56 PM
thank christ for the cricket. Melbourne storm's premiership chances gome I'd say

ledge
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Well as far as the cricket is concerned it was another downer for me.

Remi Moses
11-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Well as far as the cricket is concerned it was another downer for me.

:p:p

The Adelaide Connection
11-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I had one of those weekends too. Rolled up to soccer on Sunday to our keeper singing the (crap) West Coast song to me and our team lost 2-1 in a cup semi that we dominated. :mad:

Grey skies are gonna clear up....

strebla
12-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah me aswell loved the cricket but as all above my young bloke got beat in a prelim by 4 points on sunday aswell going in favorites but leaving without the choccies what a shite week

Axe Man
12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
+1:(

We got smashed at footy on Saturday in a game we needed to win to ensure a finals berth. We now have to win this week against probably a stronger team again to make it or it's all over for the year. Add to that injuries and unavailabilities this week and we are massively up against it.

Twodogs
14-08-2009, 01:49 PM
started last Thursday with the news that the Orlando Magic's starting PF Rashard Lewis had been suspended for 10 games for taking a banned substance.

10 weeks? For taking a banned substance, ie effectivly the worst sort of cheating an athlete can do these days.

Was it a relatively minor offence or is basketball the basketcase sport it seems to be?

Ozza
14-08-2009, 01:58 PM
So...this weekend in sport needs to be alot better. A grand slam for the doggies would be to beat the lions first - and have them 6 points behind us.

But in other results- we want the Hawks to beat the Crows tonight (I'm going along to barrack for Hawthorn - as terrible as that sounds), Port to beat Carlton and even Richmond to beat the Pies would be nice. I may be asking too much.

Topdog
14-08-2009, 04:18 PM
10 weeks? For taking a banned substance, ie effectivly the worst sort of cheating an athlete can do these days.

Was it a relatively minor offence or is basketball the basketcase sport it seems to be?

10 games. It was some kind of supplement. There is a tonne of stuff on the list that can be bought at a local pharmacist.

bornadog
14-08-2009, 04:58 PM
So...this weekend in sport needs to be alot better. A grand slam for the doggies would be to beat the lions first - and have them 6 points behind us.

But in other results- we want the Hawks to beat the Crows tonight (I'm going along to barrack for Hawthorn - as terrible as that sounds), Port to beat Carlton and even Richmond to beat the Pies would be nice. I may be asking too much.

That would all make my weekend and my week :)
but, at minimum, dogs to win

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes, we just have to keep winning - it's all up to us now to get top 4, we're there & no one can take it from us if we win the next 3. Going by previous years & pressure games I'm not too confident though........ :( CARNA DOGS!!!!

Twodogs
14-08-2009, 06:17 PM
10 games. It was some kind of supplement. There is a tonne of stuff on the list that can be bought at a local pharmacist.

I thought it must have been fairly minor seeing it was a fairly low key punishment given the charges.

comrade
14-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I thought it must have been fairly minor seeing it was a fairly low key punishment given the charges.

Twodogs, the girls in your avatar are hot!

Twodogs
14-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Twodogs, the girls in your avatar are hot!

:D

Let's hope that West Coast trade them to us then.

Topdog
14-08-2009, 07:34 PM

Yeah, basketball has a fairly decent drug code