PDA

View Full Version : GO'K-RO'KS! (Guy O' Keefe Fan Club)

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 04:32 PM
GO'K-RO'KS!
Fan Club Terms of Reference

COME ONE, COME ALL!!!

Floating in on the undercurrent of sublime ridiculousness so richly permeating WOOF these days, I present the WOOF Fan Club to end all WOOF Fan Clubs, dedicated to the most hard-done-by player (some would say larrikin) of the Western Bulldogs/Footscray Football Club in recent history, the much-maligned, unfairly-marginalised, VFL-dominating, rehab-session-missing, multiple-goalkicking reserve grade phenom:

GUY O' KEEFE!!!

Here's a photo of Guy:

http://fabnob.com.au/userfiles/images/andrew-okeefe.jpg

Oh wait, that's Andrew O' Keefe.

http://images.whereilive.com.au/images/uploads/2009/06/01/fc1b95b59fb4e3921a8afa8d4345a881_resized.JPG

Now THAT's Guy O' Keefe, who is valiantly trying to extract a football while being strangled.

Here is another photo of Guy:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/2583514320_e92a50baf5_o.jpg

---

I call this meeting to order, and kindly request that all regular VFL watchers (comrade, here's looking at you -- GVGjr is too dignified to waste his time with rubbish like this) please post your humble tributes to Mr. Lightning Hands himself right here.

It seems that Rocket is determined to not give GO'K a game, so in the honour of all fat, lazy, but smart-as-hell bastards who can read a game so well they could write you a novel with their eyes closed but can't get a call-up ahead of more physically blessed specimens like Tommy Williams who keep getting games despite not knowing where the ball is going to end up until it's long gone, I invite you to vent your spleen, drop your daks, and howl to the moon.. anything! to express your frustration at this perversion of the laws of the universe.

The GO'K Hall of Fame:

If physical attributes were more important than footballing intelligence these players would never have gotten a game:

1. James Hird
2. [please add your nominations]

---

14th August 2009

Happy Days
14-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Whats the thing on the side of his head?

FWIW I prefer the Ocka Flock.

bornadog
14-08-2009, 05:00 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/150708_Guy_OKeefe_training_246x.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/OKeefeMulligan246.jpg

SPOTLIGHT ON:
Guy O'Keefe
Guernsey Number: 30 Recruited from:
Height: 185cm Debut:
Weight: 77kg Date of birth: 5/12/1989

O'Keefe spent his first season at the Western Bulldogs at Williamstown in the VFL playing 23 games. He was recruited in the 2007 NAB AFL Draft as a forward, but made an impression in the midfield last season pushing forward and scoring 27 goals. Although lightly framed, O'Keefe is a lively prospect and will be pushing for senior selection in 2009.

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 05:09 PM
[CENTER]GO'K-RO'KS!
Fan Club Terms of Reference

1. James Hird
2. [please add your nominations]

14th August 2009

1. James Hird
2. Peter Street:D

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 06:59 PM
MASTER STATUS REPORT:

Ah-hah-hah! Three fish have swum unsuspectingly into my well-laid fish-trap. As the first three posters on this thread, Happy Days, bornadog and the venerable EJ Smith, you have unwittingly volunteered yourselves to be the office bearers of GO'K-RO'KS.

In honour of Happy Day's excellent suggestion, all followers of GO'K-RO'KS will be known forthwith as the 'Ocka Flock' (tm).

[Gee, this Fan Club is turning into a faux religion.]

In that vein, then, I unveil the first members of the Church (Board) of GO'K-RO'KS. (I will keep adding as needed)

STATUS REPORT NO.2

The Ocka Rockers (The Priesthood of the Ocka Flock):

GO'K Grand-Master & Senior Minister (Patron): GVGjr
First Lady of GO'K (Patroness): Bulldog Belle

High Priest (Chairman): Lantern
Captain of the Temple (CEO): comrade
Prophet (Club Secretary): Happy Days
Scribe (Chief Information Officer): bornadog
Wise Man (Vice-President of Research): EJ Smith
First Knight of the Order of the Flock: Sir PupDog
Master of Names (Chief Chronicler): anfo27

Knights of the First Order:
hujsh
furtanken
Asylum Ward
minson27
Big Willba

Chief Doubting Thomas: TCD

---

List of GO'K Predecessors:

1. James Hird
2. Peter Street
3. Tony Liberatore
4. Darren Jarmen
5. Greg Williams
6. Sam Mitchell
7. Shannon Grant
8. Judas(Sorry Guys) -- fits in with the religious theme!
9. Tony Lockett

---

We are now officially the coolest people on WOOF.

Now, who else shall join our Flock?

COME ONE, COME ALL!
(official slogan of the Church of GO'K-RO'KS)

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 07:03 PM
PS. Whoever comes up with the best Crest for the Church of GO'K-RO'KS gets to become First Seer (Vice President of Branding). Now who wouldn't want that on their CV?

The Coon Dog
14-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Now, who else shall join our Flock?

Not me, this belongs in the silly one for Brennan Stack as the stupidist ideas ever on WOOF.

Sorry if I seem like a party pooper, but the first one with Huddo's beard was a laugh, but the rest are just plain silly.

Go on, get stuck into me now! ;)

comrade
14-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Not me, this belongs in the silly one for Brennan Stack as the stupidist ideas ever on WOOF.

Sorry if I seem like a party pooper, but the first one with Huddo's beard was a laugh, but the rest are just plain silly.

Whack!

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Cmon Coon Dog Lighten Up!
I rekn if Rocket was a fan you would be a fan of Okeefe & this thread.

GOK is a gun footballer pure & simple & you cant fool us football purists!

GOK has been crucified by Eade & the match Committee & it caught up with us on Saturday if he had debuted on Saturday he would have kicked or created at least 1 goal with all the inside 50's we had & we would still be 3rd & not looking like losing our top 4 spot!

I for one think he is long overdue for some lovin god knows he aint getn it from Rocket!

GOK ROKS!

anfo27
14-08-2009, 08:01 PM
1. James Hird
2. Peter Street:D

1. James Hird
2. Peter Street
3. Tony Liberatore
4. Darren Jarmen

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 08:14 PM
1. James Hird
2. Peter Street
3. Tony Liberatore
4. Darren Jarmen
5. Greg Williams
6. Sam Mitchell
7. Shannon Grant
8. Judas(Sorry Guys)

Happy Days
14-08-2009, 08:41 PM

C'mon now, this at least beats the Stack pack.

If Huddo shaves the beard we're uncontested on the poduim - get behind it!

The Coon Dog
14-08-2009, 08:49 PM

I reckon you would be wrong then.

anfo27
14-08-2009, 08:54 PM
5. Greg Williams
6. Sam Mitchell
7. Shannon Grant
8. Judas(Sorry Guys)

9. Tony Lockett

GVGjr
14-08-2009, 09:22 PM
This thread might be of interest

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4709

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 11:41 PM
This thread might be of interest

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4709

Thanks Gary.. time for all the early adopters to join the official religion of GOK then!

COME ONE, COME ALL!

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Cmon Coon Dog Lighten Up!

GOK is a gun footballer pure & simple & you cant fool us football purists!

GOK has been crucified by Eade & the match Committee & it caught up with us on Saturday if he had debuted on Saturday he would have kicked or created at least 1 goal with all the inside 50's we had & we would still be 3rd & not looking like losing our top 4 spot!

I for one think he is long overdue for some lovin god knows he aint getn it from Rocket!

GOK ROKS!

You would be correct in your assessment, PupDog!

For your wonderful insight, please accept this special award:

http://www.privacyinternational.org/bigbrother/award_full.jpg

and be christened, forevermore:

Sir PupDog, First Knight of the Order of the Flock!!!

Wonderful, wonderful.

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 11:49 PM

Ah, a skeptic! Or at least, an agnostic. Every true religion must face its doubters, so we welcome you warmly into the fold, TCD, as our official Lead Doubting Thomas.

Believe in GOK, TCD, and GOK will believe in you.

COME ONE, COME ALL!

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 11:50 PM
c'mon now, this at least beats the stack pack.

If huddo shaves the beard we're uncontested on the poduim - get behind it!

You speak Wise Words, Prophet Happy Days.

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Whack!

Oh, ye of little, yet profound, words! We await your great pronouncements about our GO'K.

May I be so bold as to bestow upon you the title of Captain of the Temple (Chief Executive Officer), comrade? You are a True Believer, and first among us, I believe!

GVGjr
14-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks Gary.. time for all the early adopters to join the official religion of GOK then!

COME ONE, COME ALL!

You should call the group the Ocka Rockers :)

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 11:56 PM
9. Tony Lockett

anfo27, you have blessed us with your numerous entries and strangely numerical username. You are truly, the Flock's Master of Names (Chief Chronicler). We thank you.

LostDoggy
14-08-2009, 11:57 PM

What a wonderful suggestion -- we shall bestow that title upon the Priesthood (the Board).

LostDoggy
15-08-2009, 12:02 AM
STATUS REPORT NO.2

---

1. James Hird
2. Peter Street
3. Tony Liberatore
4. Darren Jarmen
5. Greg Williams
6. Sam Mitchell
7. Shannon Grant
9. Tony Lockett

LostDoggy
15-08-2009, 12:04 AM

Speaking of Rockers, Gary, you are truly our patron, in more ways than one. So you get to be GO'K Grand-Master, the Senior Minister of GO'K-RO'KS!

BulldogBelle
15-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Good list of servants for the GO'K-RO'KS! you have there Lantern... if there are any other positions remaining on the board for this prestigious honour, please do add my name on. :)

LostDoggy
15-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Good list of servants for the GO'K-RO'KS! you have there Lantern... if there are any other positions remaining on the board for this prestigious honour, please do add my name on. :)

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!! Happy Happy, Joy Joy!!!

Not to be in any way sexist, my dear BB -- First Lady of GO'K (Patroness) -- but your presence here lends credibility to what could have become a very smelly locker room.

Now we can be a smelly locker room with a girl in it!

BulldogBelle
15-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Not to be in any way sexist, my dear BB -- First Lady of GO'K (Patroness) -- but your presence here lends credibility to what could have become a very smelly locker room.

Now we can be a smelly locker room with a girl in it!

I will promise to look the other way if need be at times...thank you for bestowing the title, I will endeavour to uphold and rule to the best of my capabilities.

To quote Shakespeare - "One may smile and smile and be a villian" ;)

boydogs
15-08-2009, 03:04 AM

1. James Hird
2. Peter Street
3. Tony Liberatore
4. Darren Jarmen
5. Greg Williams
6. Sam Mitchell
7. Shannon Grant
9. Tony Lockett

Streeta is an example of someone whose physical attributes got him a game more than his football skills. I think EJ was being facetious in adding him. Perhaps Paul Haselby, Jose Romero, Robert Murphy fit the bill

Here's hoping this club can get G'OK a game as the Stack A-Go-Go group did for him

LostDoggy
15-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm in!

LostDoggy
15-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Ah, a skeptic! Or at least, an agnostic. Every true religion must face its doubters, so we welcome you warmly into the fold, TCD, as our official Lead Doubting Thomas.

Believe in GOK, TCD, and GOK will believe in you.

COME ONE, COME ALL!

Love Ya Work Lantern!
Im laughing so hard i nearly choked on my weet-bix!
Keep up the good work!

hujsh
15-08-2009, 04:02 PM
STATUS REPORT NO.2

---

1. James Hird
2. Peter Street
3. Tony Liberatore
4. Darren Jarmen
5. Greg Williams
6. Sam Mitchell
7. Shannon Grant
9. Tony Lockett

You should add this list to the first page so when the thread is 40 pages long the honours board is easy to find

LostDoggy
17-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Ah, tis good to see some activity here -- good idea hujsh. Will get around to it when work allows a few minutes of bludging.

Just a new entry to the list of names (facetious or not.. 'tis not my place to edit the thoughts of the Flock):

10. JOBE WATSON.

To quote The Age today (17/08/09, after the Bombers' famous win over the Saints):

Treacle slow in the legs, he took years to convince even Essendon that he is worthy of a spot in the middle, and to find the level of fitness he needed. Yet yesterday it was St Kilda who made the mistake of not paying him enough respect; Luke Ball could not contain him and the Essendon midfielder's 37 disposals was the game-high by 10 touches. More to the point, his 15 contested balls and four centre clearances set the tone for his team. He was easily best afield.

GO'K and the Dogs should take heed.

LostDoggy
17-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Streeta is an example of someone whose physical attributes got him a game more than his football skills.

I always thought Streeta was a good kick for a big man.

Big_Willba
18-08-2009, 05:10 PM
the kid keeps performing, you have to give him that. in the best 6 AGAIN.

no matter the issues, hes obviously got a strong mindset to keep performing when he continuosly gets looked over for senior selection. good on the kid, hope he gets the chance one day to stick it up em.

LostDoggy
18-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I really like Ocka, and want to see him in the bulldogs line up, but its pretty obvious it wont be this year......give him another full pre season and he will be better off for it.

It didnt hurt Crossy being held back.

Rocco Jones
18-08-2009, 05:23 PM
I really like Ocka, and want to see him in the bulldogs line up, but its pretty obvious it wont be this year......give him another full pre season and he will be better off for it.

I think it's pretty obvious that we will never see him in the Bulldogs line up (as long as Eade is there anyway).

Big_Willba
18-08-2009, 05:23 PM

Do you think because of the lack of oppurtunities for him he may look elsewhere? If he has good manangment you would think they would be looking for better oppurtunities for him yeah??

LostDoggy
18-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that we will never see him in the Bulldogs line up (as long as Eade is there anyway).

Why do you think we will never see him in the Bulldogs line up?? Hes a 2nd year player and hes still only very young, hes been playing some good footy at Williamstown, but i dont think hes set the world on fire for them.

If he does stil around, i think we will see him in the Bulldogs line up next year, and he will play about 6 games imo.

Do you think because of the lack of oppurtunities for him he may look elsewhere? If he has good manangment you would think they would be looking for better oppurtunities for him yeah??

If he thinks he will have a better chance elsewhere, then i wouldnt hold it against him, but id love for him to stick around and play for the mighty red, white and blue next year.

Big_Willba
18-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Why do you think we will never see him in the Bulldogs line up?? Hes a 2nd year player and hes still only very young, hes been playing some good footy at Williamstown, but i dont think hes set the world on fire for them.

If he does stil around, i think we will see him in the Bulldogs line up next year, and he will play about 6 games imo.

If he thinks he will have a better chance elsewhere, then i wouldnt hold it against him, but id love for him to stick around and play for the mighty red, white and blue next year.

he has gone dam close if he hasnt haha. him and skipper will probably be right up in the b&f if your going off the weekly reports and best apperances. yeh i agree and hope he sticks around but if an oppurtunity arises elsewhere i wont be suprised if he goes.

LostDoggy
21-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Church of GO'K-RO'KS

Weekly Bulletin 21 August 2009

This week, Guy once again proved that he was too good for the VFL, kicking a goal and being named in the bests in Williamstown's dominant win against Collingwood. GO'K has now been named in Willy's bests 5 times in the last 7 weeks (the other two weeks: he kicked two goals in one, and didn't play in the other after being named as an emergency for the Dogs). GO'K will go close to winning Willy's B&F this year (will definitely be in the top 3), one would think.

The question on everyone's lips, then, is this: will GO'K be forever destined to live in that netherland, recently inhabited by the likes of Peter Street, of being too good for the VFL but not quite good enough for the modern AFL game?

Or is he another Peter Bell, unfairly maligned for his perceived weaknesses and traded without being given sufficient opportunities, only to flourish in a different environment where his clearly magnificent talents were appreciated and used within a suitable gameplan?

Esteemed WOOFers, in your opinions, what would it take for GO'K to change Jolly Rocket Eade's mind and earn himself an opportunity to shine for our beloved Dogs? Please provide your answers in the form of one serious answer and one ridiculous one in the following format:

Serious Answer:
Radically/fanatically improve his fitness base

Ridiculous Answer:
Get an afro (see diagram)

http://www.funpartywigs.com/Images/bestwigs/afro_4.jpg

LostDoggy
21-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Ps. STATUS REPORT NO.3
(updated on front page as well)

Knights of the First Order:
hujsh
furtanken
Asylum Ward
minson27
Big Willba

---

1. James Hird
2. Peter Street
3. Tony Liberatore
4. Darren Jarmen
5. Greg Williams
6. Sam Mitchell
7. Shannon Grant
9. Tony Lockett

--

COME ONE, COME ALL!!!

comrade
21-08-2009, 11:38 AM
An afro is the only thing that can save him now.

LostDoggy
21-08-2009, 11:47 AM
An afro is the only thing that can save him now.

Bzzt. Wrong format.

Please try again. :)

ps. WELCOME comrade!

Mofra
21-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Chief Doubting Thomas:[/B] TCD
[/B]
How do I get on that list?

Big_Willba
25-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Even if he cant get a game atleast he is doing you all Proud. Named best on against casey.

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Serious Answer: Must do all training sessions plus more training session with BJ.

Rediculous Answer: Find Eagletons compromising Photos of Eade. :o

hujsh
25-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Hypothetical. Should O'Keefe for any reason part ways with the WBdogs, does the club/religion remain? Does the support continue for him if he's on an AFL list or (heaven forbid) playing for a lower league?

Mofra
25-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Hypothetical. Should O'Keefe for any reason part ways with the WBdogs, does the club/religion remain? Does the support continue for him if he's on an AFL list or (heaven forbid) playing for a lower league?
Ask one of the leaders of Doogs' Droogs

hujsh
25-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Ask one of the leaders of Doogs' Droogs

This is different to Doogs Droogs. It wasn't a church as well.

LostDoggy
26-08-2009, 11:24 AM

Brilliant question, Sir Knight.

I have myself been contemplating this in solitude, and in the humble wisdom bestowed upon me by the medieval fates, I believe that the church should long outlive GO'Ks particular affiliation to any 'club' or AFL list.

That way, we shall continue to bask in the glorious light of GO'K wherever his presence may grace, be it the majestic squallor of the VFL (heaven forbid, indeed) or tearing it up at some other club as a cautionary tale to us all of opportunities lost and gained.

Excelsior!

LostDoggy
26-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I have just returned from training at the Whitten Oval and I enjoyed watching the marvellous skills and sheer brilliance of the mighty GOK strutting his stuff. ..........I think there were other players training as well, but I did not really notice them!!!!!!!!!!

chef
15-10-2009, 07:01 PM
A sad time for all involved.

LostDoggy
15-10-2009, 07:12 PM
A sad time for all involved.

Certainly.

I wonder if he'll pop up on a rookie list in a certain city to our north with a harbour and a strange-looking opera house.

Sockeye Salmon
15-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Certainly.

I wonder if he'll pop up on a rookie list in a certain city to our north with a harbour and a strange-looking opera house.

I doubt it.

They were keen a while back but watched him pretty closely over the last 6 weeks of the season and appeared to lose interest.

bulldogtragic
06-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Although not quite to the Mt Everest that Doog's Droogs was, and perhaps the beard, i just found GOK ROCKS from the archive and got a giggle... Just imagine if he was any good :)

But I guess that's kind of the point...

Remi Moses
06-07-2013, 01:52 AM
Tragic story Guy O'keefe
Just enjoyed the luxuries of life a little to much.

G-Mo77
06-07-2013, 08:41 AM
What's with all these 4 - 5 year old thread bumps? Give it a rest for goodness sake!