PDA

View Full Version : Alistair Lynch - A disgrace

The Coon Dog
15-08-2009, 11:19 PM
And I thought Glenn Jakovich was bad as a commentator when the West Coast play, but tonight he was well & truly put to shame by Alistair Lynch as he barracked his way through the Brisbane game tonight.

Every time there was a 'free kick' that should have gone Brisbane's way, he made sure we were all aware of it, even when the ball had gone up the other end of the ground, but was mute when the boot was on the other foot.

Anyone like the comment when Lake went down injured in the last quarter & he couldn't wait to chirp in & tell all & sundry that it might have been accidental. There was no vision unfortunately, but it must have been accidental, after all Alistair said it was.

Painful & I'm glad we got the win, made my night & stuffed up his!

angelopetraglia
15-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Could not agree more.

Got an SMS from a friend (neutral) supporter saying exactly the same thing.

Throughandthrough
15-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah, but we were privileged to see undoubtedly the world's best ever ruckman in the history of the game playing for Brisbane tonight...

Even when he stuffed up he still got a round of love from the commentators

LostDoggy
15-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Totally agree, every time he opened his mouth, it was to complain about a perceived Lions free kick (or so he thought!) What a pain in the ar**e he is! I can't stand him since the game (oh, I can't recall the year) when he demonstrated the "choking" on our part. At that time, the Lions were the biggest squealers - certainly liked to dish it out, but couldn't take it! Great to have a win especially when he was commentating! :p

Dry Rot
15-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Agree with the OP but it's endemic.

Anyone else listen to the ABC radio call on Friday night? Dunno how there was room for the microphones amongst the Hawthorn chubbies from Parkin and Schwab.

LostDoggy
15-08-2009, 11:47 PM
The free kick calls were bad but the man love for Mitch Clark was pathetic. He could do no wrong.

ledge
16-08-2009, 12:05 AM
"Gorgeous" comes to mind

boydogs
16-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Mitch Clark was trying to con the umpires that the ball was still in when it was clearly through for a behind and they were bagging Tom Williams for letting it go and the umpires for making the correct call. Wasn't just Lynch either

chef
16-08-2009, 07:44 AM
And I thought Glenn Jakovich was bad as a commentator when the West Coast play, but tonight he was well & truly put to shame by Alistair Lynch as he barracked his way through the Brisbane game tonight.

They should have evened things up and put Bubba beside him.

bulldogtragic
16-08-2009, 10:28 AM
I agree, with Jacko for painfully biased.

strebla
16-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I was at work and listened to triple m on the way home and Dick Champion made Lynch sound good

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Absolutely terrible

bornadog
16-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, but we were privileged to see undoubtedly the world's best ever ruckman in the history of the game playing for Brisbane tonight...

Even when he stuffed up he still got a round of love from the commentators

Yeah that was so laughable.

I thought Minson played a much better game than he has been over the last three. He held some good marks and was agressive.

Ozza
16-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Could not agree more.

Got an SMS from a friend (neutral) supporter saying exactly the same thing.

Had the exact same thing happen. I replied that Dwayne Russell was just as bad - not sure why he was barracking and trying his hand at special comments also - JUST CALL THE NAMES OUT AND OTHERWISE SHUT UP DWAYNE!

aker39
16-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Had the exact same thing happen. I replied that Dwayne Russell was just as bad - not sure why he was barracking and trying his hand at special comments also - JUST CALL THE NAMES OUT AND OTHERWISE SHUT UP DWAYNE!

Dwayne pissed me off with his love for Jonathon Brown.

Happy Days
16-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Anyone hear Hird's effort today?

He would have to be the worst of the four.

AndrewP6
16-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Anyone hear Hird's effort today?

He would have to be the worst of the four.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=333&highlight=commentators

Rocket Science
16-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Predictably annoying as Lynch was, I also found Dwayno to be noticably worse...particularly his whiny second-guessing of umpiring decisions and non-decisions alike that didn't appear go the Lions' way, many of them contradictory.

Tool.