PDA

View Full Version : Eade - press conference

angelopetraglia
16-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Key points:

- Best win of the year (not the most polished, but best)

- "courageous, tough win"

- Williams - "probably has a busted foot" - will not know until Monday

- This win could be the turning point (losing Cross and Griffin, gutsy win)

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/199854

lemmon
16-08-2009, 12:17 AM
I missed what happened to Tommy?

mighty_west
16-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I missed what happened to Tommy?

His foot was trod on, he has the worst luck with injuries, played out the game though.

angelopetraglia
16-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Went off in the 2nd term in to the rooms.

They were worried it was his foot again.

Rocket said that he was 'trodden' on.

GVGjr
16-08-2009, 12:19 AM
His foot was trod on, he has the worst luck with injuries, played out the game though.

Lets hope it's not the same injury that has plagued him. His record of recovery from any setbacks isn't flash.

lemmon
16-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Went off in the 2nd term in to the rooms.

They were worried it was his foot again.

Rocket said that he was 'trodden' on.

Thanks, good to hear he played out the game though.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Key points:

- Best win of the year (not the most polished, but best)

- "courageous, tough win"

- Williams - "probably has a busted foot" - will not know until Monday

- This win could be the turning point (losing Cross and Griffin, gutsy win)

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/199854

That is tragic news on Williams. I was at the game, and didn't see it happen. Was it late in the game?

I was getting very nervous sitting behind the Dogs goals in the last quarter as Brissy started storming home. But that goal by Aker took the wind out of the sails of the Lions players and supporters.

AndrewP6
16-08-2009, 12:24 AM
We need to find another CHB...methinks Tommy is made of papier mache...

As for Rocket's PC, they showed a snippet on The Fifth Quarter. Asked for the 9,453,782nd time "Do you need a key forward?", the great man got a bit shirty, and before you knew it, the press conference was over! How many times does he have to answer the same question?

angelopetraglia
16-08-2009, 12:27 AM

As for Rocket's PC, they showed a snippet on The Fifth Quarter. Asked for the 9,453,782nd time "Do you need a key forward?", the great man got a bit shirty, and before you knew it, the press conference was over! How many times does he have to answer the same question?

Deja vu!

He must be so sick of it. Every single week.

GVGjr
16-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Deja vu!

He must be so sick of it. Every single week.

If he would just take the hint and fix it the problem would go away :)

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 12:28 AM
So apparently Williams has a potential broken foot. Arghhh. NOT AGAIN!!!

anfo27
16-08-2009, 12:33 AM
You have got to be kidding me a broken foot, this kid is just not supposed to play any form of sport. I reckon Tommy would get injured playing chess.

G-Mo77
16-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I was just thinking about the game when I woke up and thought it was good to get away injury free. I wish I could go back to that moment. :(

The Pie Man
16-08-2009, 10:09 AM

Filthed up, that was pretty funny.

Got the feeling that Williams was only in doubt for this week - I hear broken foot and think season, but I didn't get that vibe from Eade....find out Monday I guess.

Makes the Williamstown watch today all the more interesting with Tiller coming back - Cam Wight, can he earn a last chance?

Throughandthrough
16-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Maybe forced to play Murph in the backlines?

Topdog
16-08-2009, 01:15 PM
If we play Murph in the backline our season is as good as over. We saw how our forward line functions without him and Gia and it aint pretty.

Bulldog Revolution
16-08-2009, 01:18 PM
If he would just take the hint and fix it the problem would go away :)

Clayton hasn't helped him here, but Eade can also seemingly lack flexibility in his approach about how to incorporate players who dont neccessarily fit 100% with what he wants.

Hopefully Dalrymple can find a few key forward or defensive prospects in the draft

BulldogBelle
16-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Filthed up, that was pretty funny.

Got the feeling that Williams was only in doubt for this week - I hear broken foot and think season, but I didn't get that vibe from Eade....find out Monday I guess.

Makes the Williamstown watch today all the more interesting with Tiller coming back - Cam Wight, can he earn a last chance?

If Tom's foot was stepped on then it would be injured/broken at the top of his foot

His previous injury was a stress fructure, an impact injury to the bottom of the foot

Not sure which feet they were, but i'm hoping it isnt too bad and the guy can play out the season

He looked a lot more comfortable with the ball in his hands with week

Even getting him to take the kick ins in the last quarter would have been good for his confidence

And playing him on a 3rd tall (not Brown or Bradshaw) is probably best for him at this stage of his career

He had played 30 something games...we need to treat him like a second year player, and not throw him to the wolves against a #1 or #2 tall every week

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 01:57 PM
And playing him on a 3rd tall (not Brown or Bradshaw) is probably best for him at this stage of his career

He didn't play on Bradshaw 191cm cos he is 196 and Morris 190 is a better matchup.
He did play on Brown at times, maybe Clark and Brennan would have been his matchups most of the time.

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 02:40 PM
That was great..

I love how he really attacks the stupid comments and questions..that journo got his head bitten off because hes simply an idiot.

Is there a trade period between round 22 and the finals!? Wasnt aware!

GVGjr
16-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Clayton hasn't helped him here, but Eade can also seemingly lack flexibility in his approach about how to incorporate players who dont neccessarily fit 100% with what he wants.

Hopefully Dalrymple can find a few key forward or defensive prospects in the draft

He is searching far and wide so don't be surprised if a late pick or two have some good sized players.

azabob
16-08-2009, 09:30 PM
He is searching far and wide so don't be surprised if a late pick or two have some good sized players.

GVGjr are you able to expand further on this comment?
Hasn't our problem in the past pre Jarrod Grant most of our KP picks have been late in the draft therefore they are only 30 / 70 chance of making it the AFL.

Or is he looking at mature aged recruits?

GVGjr
16-08-2009, 10:01 PM
GVGjr are you able to expand further on this comment?
Hasn't our problem in the past pre Jarrod Grant most of our KP picks have been late in the draft therefore they are only 30 / 70 chance of making it the AFL.

Or is he looking at mature aged recruits?

From my understanding he's looking far and wide to add some size to the list. I wouldn't discount older players being in the mix but there might be a few youngsters that have flown under the radar that he has his eye on.

This season more than most I think there will be a few smokies drafted

comrade
16-08-2009, 10:06 PM
From my understanding he's looking far and wide to add some size to the list. I wouldn't discount older players being in the mix but there might be a few youngsters that have flown under the radar that he has his eye on.

So our recruiting strategy hasn't changed from previous years, then? ;)

GVGjr
16-08-2009, 10:09 PM
So our recruiting strategy hasn't changed from previous years, then? ;)

I think the others will start catching up to us. :)

comrade
16-08-2009, 10:18 PM
I think the others will start catching up to us. :)

Who are the genuine smokies currently on our list?

Easton Wood and Josh Hill are two that spring to mind. Jarrad Boumann wasn't exactly on most people's radar in 2007.

GVGjr
16-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Who are the genuine smokies currently on our list?

Easton Wood and Josh Hill are two that spring to mind. Jarrad Boumann wasn't exactly on most people's radar in 2007.

Williams was a project player and Jesse Wells was drafted the same year. Paul O'Shea is another.

Dry Rot
16-08-2009, 10:40 PM

Does this suggest that the list might be cut deeper, forced retirements etc to accommodate more picks?

GVGjr
16-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Does this suggest that the list might be cut deeper, forced retirements etc to accommodate more picks?

Who knows but I did read that there could be something like just four changes given it was a shallow draft but I think there will be a need to cut a little deeper.

ratsmac
16-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Just win the Rocket, that'll shut em up.

anfo27
16-08-2009, 11:27 PM
It is a crap draft this year & we are going to have late picks so i cant see us having too many picks. I would of thought 3 would be it this year.

immortalmike
17-08-2009, 01:38 AM
Absolutely stupid question Eade gave it all the attention it deserved.