PDA

View Full Version : Cooney

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Thought Cooney played a really good game last night. His attack on the ball was outstanding. Did you see the one where he sent the Brisbane player flying. He ran out of puff in the end but he was very good.

Topdog
16-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Besides the 1 step torp that he again tried and failed miserably with I thought he was a lot better.

LostDoggy
16-08-2009, 01:35 PM
He was a lot better last night although I think Rich got the better of him a couple of times.

bornadog
16-08-2009, 01:37 PM
I have a feeling he is geting his old dash back in the nick of time before the finals.

ledge
16-08-2009, 02:21 PM
He has been good the last few weeks and has improved in each one i think, but what is with his kicking?
I thought maybe he is having jabs in an ankle therefore cant feel the ball on his foot when he kicks.

DOG GOD
16-08-2009, 02:27 PM
I agree ledge, some of Cooney's kicking has left alot to be desired lately.

Mantis
23-08-2009, 10:36 PM
He was extremely good on Friday night. He hunted the ball and the player with the ball like I hadn't seen before and the emotion he showed when he kicked the goal in the last qtr showed that this win meant a great deal to him.

I certainly forgot how good a player Cooney was as he has really struggled with his body this year. He looms as a key player to our chances over the next month or so.

LostDoggy
23-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I forgot how good he really was..until Friday.
Brownlow form is coming back to him =]

comrade
23-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Spot on Mantis.

He threw himself around and willed himself to contests in a way that's polar opposite to his usual laconic style.

He was pumped after his late goal and when the siren sounded you could tell that it meant a hell of a lot to him. I wonder if Rocket's constant reminding that it's ok to show passion was the catalyst, or something just clicked?

A fit, firing and fired up Cooney will be a dangerous proposition for opposing teams in September.

lemmon
23-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Has got his acceleration and pace back, played fantastically well against the best tagger in the business.

Mantis
23-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Has got his acceleration and pace back, played fantastically well against the best tagger in the business.

And yet our Coon Dog couldn't find the Coon Dog a vote.

What game were you watching Baz?

LostDoggy
24-08-2009, 05:42 PM
I am salivating at the thought of watching a fit and firing Cooney in finals footy.

He last 2 weeks have really given us a glimpse of the best that he can produce after the shocker that he had against the Eagles....

mighty_west
24-08-2009, 06:48 PM
I am salivating at the thought of watching a fit and firing Cooney in finals footy.

He last 2 weeks have really given us a glimpse of the best that he can produce after the shocker that he had against the Eagles....

Exactly, this time last year he ran out of puff and was struggling with his knee injury, was only playing at 60%, he has come good at the perfect time of the season.

LostDoggy
24-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Exactly, this time last year he ran out of puff and was struggling with his knee injury, was only playing at 60%, he has come good at the perfect time of the season.

Yeah i remember the club saying, that he could hardly walk on it after games.

I think he is primed for a big September.

firstdogonthemoon
24-08-2009, 11:13 PM
He was extremely good on Friday night. He hunted the ball and the player with the ball like I hadn't seen before and the emotion he showed when he kicked the goal in the last qtr showed that this win meant a great deal to him.

I certainly forgot how good a player Cooney was as he has really struggled with his body this year. He looms as a key player to our chances over the next month or so.

Question - are we timing our run as well as we would like? We should have our best 22 (except for Williams? and someone else I have forgotten back either next week or the week after).

Are the planets lining up in our favour?

Mantis
25-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Question - are we timing our run as well as we would like? We should have our best 22 (except for Williams? and someone else I have forgotten back either next week or the week after).

Are the planets lining up in our favour?

You would say yes at present, but as we have seen in the past things can change very quickly.

I hope that we get back Cross & Griffen this week as even though they have missed just a couple of games I would like them to have a game in their legs before the finals.

angelopetraglia
30-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Cooney very, very good again tonight.

31 touches
13 contested possessions
8 clearances
4 tackles

His inside game is fantastic. Winning his own footy and ferocious at the contest.

Needs to improve his kicking.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 11:29 PM
That bit of play where he somehow got out of a pack of 5 pies, and got a quick kick into space to our advantage was just great - the commentators were going on about how good is his footwork is in tight. We will see the best of Cooney in the finals - this is where he will come into his own!

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 12:03 AM
He's hit top form at the right time LOOK OUT

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 08:10 AM
He's hit top form at the right time LOOK OUT

He was struggling a bit, and with good reason, once we hit the finals last year but a fit and firing Cooney could go a long way to seeing us take another step forward this year.