PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever walked the walk better than...

Twodogs
17-08-2009, 01:18 PM
This guy?

Mbzfj75X74M

GVGjr
17-08-2009, 07:59 PM
You can watch that over and over.

bulldogtragic
17-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Freak, needed in 2010 (cash permitting).

1eyedog
17-08-2009, 08:02 PM
You can watch that over and over.

Have been. It gets better the more you watch. Makes Didak's in the air handpass they were all belting on about look amateurish.

mighty_west
17-08-2009, 08:07 PM
An absolute pleasure to watch running around in the red white & blue, he is going to have some kind of highlights reel once he retires.

comrade
17-08-2009, 08:11 PM
For the old fogies out there, how does Aker rate on a list of most talented Bulldogs players?

LostDoggy
17-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Was actually scourring youtube for that about 5mins ago - Cheers!

Thats the video I show to the Collingwood supporter...move aside Leon Davis!

Twodogs
17-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I love the looks on the Brisbane supporters. They go from ecstasty at the come back to "Oh no, anyone but him" to complete deflation in 37 seconds.

Mantis
17-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I love the looks on the Brisbane supporters. They go from ecstasty at the come back to "Oh no, anyone but him" to complete deflation in 37 seconds.

Yep.

Sitting amonst the throng of the Brisbane nuffies I think this was the reaction all over the ground.

I had never sat amongst a crowd who had no idea what they were watching, I have now after Saturday night. I would say on what I saw 90 to 95% of the adult crowd just go to the game to get on the sauce.

Twodogs
17-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Yep.

Sitting amonst the throng of the Brisbane nuffies I think this was the reaction all over the ground.

I had never sat amongst a crowd who had no idea what they were watching, I have now after Saturday night. I would say on what I saw 90 to 95% of the adult crowd just go to the game to get on the sauce.

Sydney in the mid '80s must have been worse. I fair dinkum argued with a bloke up there for 20 minutes once because he wouldnt believe the Swans hadnt been ripped off by not getting 7 points for hitting the post.

"I'm telling ya mate, It's harder to do so ya get more score for it":rolleyes:

bornadog
17-08-2009, 08:33 PM
What a Star!!!!

My wife doesn't really follow the footy but has always loved Aker, hope he plays next year.

westdog54
17-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I've seen some fair man-crushes in my time, but nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to Twodogs' love of the magician.

Its warranted, of course, but still, pretty powerful.

BulldogBelle
17-08-2009, 09:44 PM
An absolute pleasure to watch running around in the red white & blue, he is going to have some kind of highlights reel once he retires.

Totally agree, I have been a massive Aker fan right from when he started at Bris like you I love seeing him in the red, white and blue, feel proud that it was the Dogs he wanted to play with. He is an excitement machine and a joy to watch.

I work with a Bris supporter (my work is football mad, which means not a lot of work gets done on Monday mornings) and he said to me this morning...Aker grrrrrrrrrrr our worst nightmare he stopped us in our tracks...I smirked and said, "Well, what can I say, but Go Dogs! We had a laugh over it.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Gee I love Aker.

One of my favourite players of all time to watch.

Really hope he plays on next year. That's unbelievable!

LostDoggy
17-08-2009, 10:19 PM
He always finds a way..
just somehow..
off balance and under pressure..
<3 Aker
mancrush alert :|

LostDoggy
17-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I feel very priviledged to have had him in the team while I have been a supporter/member. I don't think anyone with that kind of footy nounce has ever played for the doggies since I have been following them.

Dry Rot
17-08-2009, 10:28 PM
I had never sat amongst a crowd who had no idea what they were watching, I have now after Saturday night.

Never been to a Swans game at the SCG? ;)

And if you're really lucky like I was, you can sit in front of a bunch of pissed pommy backpackers with absolutely no idea.

anfo27
17-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Always thought Aker was brillant but you dont appreciate how good he is until you watch him live week in & week out. After watching him every week for 3 years i have to say Aker would have to be the smartest footballer i have ever seen in a red, white & blue jumper. Just wish the rest of the team was on the same wave length, gee if they were what a side we would have. Give him another year, its a no-brainer.

BornInDroopSt'54
17-08-2009, 10:45 PM
For the old fogies out there, how does Aker rate on a list of most talented Bulldogs players?

An overdue question. He is right up their with our greatest ever, especially in terms of goal kicking. Dougie was unbelievably talented but he missed a lot of goals you'd expect him to nail. Beasley had a superior conversion rate of the group of major goal scorers, but he was deliberate, not a snapper. Whitten could bomb them long with his torps and Templeton was a classic mark and kick fullforward and could snap aroung his body, but none could do it the way Acker does. His short legs enable him to steady quicker and the less leverage allows greater accuracy. But it is pure magical skill and mental poise that allows him to consistently nail those goals from the boundary.

Rocco Jones
17-08-2009, 10:49 PM
He is pretty gangsta.

I really hope he is around next year. He is my favourite Bulldogs player to watch by a fair bit.

Mantis
17-08-2009, 10:54 PM
He is pretty gangsta.

I really hope he is around next year. He is my favourite Bulldogs player to watch by a fair bit.

What does that mean??:confused:

Rocco Jones
17-08-2009, 11:05 PM
What does that mean??:confused:

It's meant to be ironic. Apparently it's a term the youngsters use to describe being "cool".

LostDoggy
17-08-2009, 11:57 PM
It's meant to be ironic. Apparently it's a term the youngsters use to describe being "cool".

Wrong.

Rocco Jones
18-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Wrong.

I know someone got criticised for quoting wiki but it agrees with me on this issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsta

I am not really sure my heart is in this battle. :)

BulldogBelle
18-08-2009, 12:02 AM
He's gangsta for life. Incredible player

Rocco Jones
18-08-2009, 12:04 AM
He's gangsta for life. Incredible player

I believe it is "4" and "playa".

gangsta
1. n. A gangster. One who acts, dresses and talks like a gang member. "Jesse, what size are those pants? 45? You look like a gansta!" 2. For something to be nice or cool. See “tight.” "Yo, that outfit is gangsta."

http://www.thesource4ym.com/teenlingo/index.asp?Letter=G

Dry Rot
18-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Wrong.

I can't comment on what young people think is cool, but older posters here know that this guy used to know how to deal with gangsta

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KxT3bZCpsqw/Si4Ko50LEbI/AAAAAAAAHSg/vwrNUJICQSo/s400/226377~Efrem-Zimbalist-Jr-Posters.jpg

BulldogBelle
18-08-2009, 12:10 AM
I believe it is "4" and "playa".

No way man, and I would know. I'm a gangsta. A forum gangsta anyway

But yeah Aker rocks. (staying on topic as to not have my account deleted, lol)

LostDoggy
18-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Welllll, Rocco, you've managed to amuse me with it, so i'll let it slide.

And no, I believe it should be "gangsta fo' life" anyway.

But yes, back to idolising Aker and his brilliance.

Twodogs
18-08-2009, 12:35 PM
I've seen some fair man-crushes in my time, but nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to Twodogs' love of the magician.

Its warranted, of course, but still, pretty powerful.

Mate it's not every day-actually being a Bulldog supporter it's once in a lifetime-that your favorite AFL player decides he's coming to your club and maybe, just maybe, drag your club over the line to a flag.

I want another kid now so I can name them after Aker...

Twodogs
18-08-2009, 12:37 PM
I reckon my picture of Hanson is pretty gansta.

Huh kids, huh???

LostDoggy
18-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Gee what can you say about this guy that hasn't already been said? I didn't much like him when he played for BrisVegas, but I sure as hell do now! Balance, poise, silky skills - he's got it all. And for the poster who asked about us oldies and comparing him with some of our best - well, IMO, guys like the Hawk and Aker have something that you can't teach. It's a natural ability that shines. (and a joy to watch :D)

mighty_west
18-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Welllll, Rocco, you've managed to amuse me with it, so i'll let it slide.

And no, I believe it should be "gangsta fo' life" anyway.

But yes, back to idolising Aker and his brilliance.

So your born with it then?

Maybe if he applied some serious gold bling, a rather large clock hanging around his neck, tatts all over & gold teeth, would then he regarded more "gangsta" like?

I can just see the "photoshoppers" at work as we speak!

LostDoggy
18-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I reckon Buddy should get a gold tooth to replace the one he lost the other day.
That'd look pretty gangsta.

chef
18-08-2009, 03:20 PM

Then you should have said Akermanis is the bomb!

chef
18-08-2009, 03:22 PM
He is pretty gangsta.

What about Stack:eek:

Stefcep
18-08-2009, 03:31 PM
The most talented bulldog I've seen in 30 years. Man's a genius. Truest sign of greatness is to make it happen when it counts. No-one's done it better than Acker at the kennel. No-one.

LostDoggy
18-08-2009, 03:31 PM
He cant leave until he qualifies for Father Son.

Twodogs
18-08-2009, 07:13 PM
So your born with it then?

Maybe if he applied some serious gold bling, a rather large clock hanging around his neck, tatts all over & gold teeth, would then he regarded more "gangsta" like?

I can just see the "photoshoppers" at work as we speak!

Are you talking about Aker or Rocco?

Rocco already dresses like that.

Rocco Jones
18-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Are you talking about Aker or Rocco?

Rocco already dresses like that.

Haha. I don't think Sockeye Salmon likes my hats/beanies very much.

Stefcep
18-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Isn't the saying "walk the TALK.."?

Twodogs
19-08-2009, 10:27 AM

Nah it's walk the walk and talk the talk.

Topdog
19-08-2009, 12:49 PM

I'm glad you know what cool is if you think that is the saying :cool:

Anyway how many games has Aker played for us? I'd really like him to get enough games under the belt for a potential father son.

Stefcep
19-08-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm glad you know what cool is if you think that is the saying :cool:

I thought it meant doing, rather than mouthing off and saying you could..

Twodogs
19-08-2009, 01:14 PM
I thought it meant doing, rather than mouthing off and saying you could..

My understanding was that it's easy to talk to the talk-anyone can mouth off, but it's only the truly great that have the abilty to back that talk up with action when it counts. Hence 'walk the walk'.

Or I could be wrong. That's happened before...

Twodogs
19-08-2009, 01:21 PM
This also reminds me of a story from when Aker first got to Whitten Oval. He was at the Bulldog Christmas Footy Show up in the old Social Club. Someone in the crowd asked him about the money shots in the 2001 GF. He said that they werent flukes and we could all come along to training to watch him practice his goalkicking routine. "I work harder on that than any other player and those shots are all deliberately lined up. I know I can kick them because I've already done it a hundred times through the week"-That's talk, anyone can say that they can do it.

But this is walk!

Mbzfj75X74M

Cant see that enough.;)

Topdog
19-08-2009, 05:15 PM
This would have to be my favourite from his Brisbane days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4hMZKtRA4

westdog54
19-08-2009, 07:18 PM
My understanding was that it's easy to talk to the talk-anyone can mouth off, but it's only the truly great that have the abilty to back that talk up with action when it counts. Hence 'walk the walk'.

Safeway management must be really lazy.

We shortened it to 'Walking the Talk' in our management appraisals.

Sockeye Salmon
20-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Haha. I don't think Sockeye Salmon likes my hats/beanies very much.

I could easily see you with the bling and gold tooth.

More Ali G than 50 cent.

Twodogs
20-08-2009, 06:47 PM
I could easily see you with the bling and gold tooth.

More Ali G than 50 cent.

I'm pretty sure it's fiddy cent.

I stpped paying attention after Tone Loc and Ice T though.

LostDoggy
20-08-2009, 07:05 PM

No Twodogs, if my memory serves me correctly, this is a saying of Twelve Step programs (all of them!) and you are right. It's easy to talk the talk, but you gotta walk the walk, i.e., put into practice all you say! ;)