PDA

View Full Version : Biffs bumps and brawls

ledge
17-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Thought i would just start a thread on favourite fights or funny highlights or lowlights anyone has seen over the years ...
Not a fight but a favourite highlight of mine which has been mentioned was the Beasley goal to win a game against the Magpies and the famous spray Edmond dished out after the goal.

Another one was the Robbie Muir Smack on Dennis Collins when he went to Carlton.

Jacko doing half handstands in the goal square gets funnier every time i see it.

EJ rubbing mud into another players face is legendary.

That bloke Bourke in a reserves game going off at an umpire, i think Slug Jordan was the commentator was very funny to listen to.

Other favorites or memories anyone?

LostDoggy
17-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Lakey totally grinding Nafey B's face in the dirt. And a few Richmond players trying to drag him off Nafe along the ground, and Lake still wouldn't let go, therefore took Nafeys face with him. (Ahh, Brian Lake love...)

Ok so it wasn't a fight, but pretty sure it was intentional :) (and yeah, everyones seen it about a million times, but it still gives me great joy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P0yrwmJmdI

Happy Days
17-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Daniel Southern's sleeper hold against the Eagles

The fellas roughing up a young Michael Gardiner in the last game at Whitten.

Hargrave going postal against the Saints in '03.

Just to name a few.

bulldogtragic
17-08-2009, 05:45 PM

The fellas roughing up a young Michael Gardiner in the last game at Whitten.

Hargrave going postal against the Saints in '03.

Just to name a few.
Yep. The Michael Gardiner rough up was a good memory. That was when we were feared, ah, to be like that again.

bornadog
17-08-2009, 06:08 PM

What about the great shirt front that Wallis dished out that then started the all in brawl.

G-Mo77
17-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Anyone remember Shaggy's straight KO punch on St. Kilda's Heath Black? When he got up he didn't know who hit him. I think he went after Nathan Brown from memory.

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200305/r3118_7296.jpg

bulldogtragic
17-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Anyone remember Shaggy's straight KO punch on St. Kilda's Heath Black? When he got up he didn't know who hit him. I think he went after Nathan Brown from memory.
Most underrated punch in the AFL. If Hall did that (which he did), he would be on American news bulletins again. Shaggy is a victim on his own annonimity.

LostDoggy
17-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Dogs v Dons 2000 Half Time =]
Good Times!

bornadog
17-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Dogs v Dons 2000 Half Time =]
Good Times!

yeah that dirty little Moorcroft came off the bench and king hit Libba.

and Johnno getting knocked out off the ball before half time when he didn't even see it coming, disgraceful Essendon.

Twodogs
19-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Terry Wheeler dished out the mother of all shirtfronts to Jezza at the Western Oval in 1978 that knocked him halfway into the 1979 season. It was a ripper.

LostDoggy
20-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Laurie Sandilands round arm that knocked Sheedy senseless after Sheedy had given Charlie Pagnoccolo a rough time