PDA

View Full Version : Eagles' first draft pick for sale

The Coon Dog
18-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Eagles' first draft pick for sale (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/82993/default.aspx)

By Nathan Schmook 4:19 PM Tue 18 August, 2009

JOHN Worsfold has left open the possibility of West Coast trading its first pick at this year's NAB AFL Draft.

Worsfold said the club would pursue a small forward either during trade week or at November's draft and would part with its round one selection if the right player was available.

"That's probably one area that we think we can add something different that we don't have on our list," Worsfold said from Subiaco Oval on Tuesday. "Just a Peter Daicos, someone like that, that'll do.

Rest of article... (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/82993/default.aspx)

comrade
18-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Eagles' first draft pick for sale (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/82993/default.aspx)

Worsfold said the club would pursue a small forward either during trade week or at November's draft and would part with its round one selection if the right player was available.

Rest of article... (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/82993/default.aspx)

I'd be prepared to put Malcolm Lynch on the table. :)

Jokes aside, I'm not keen on putting up a first round pick for a goal sneak. Most of them are found in the later rounds anyway.

Much prefer to go after a gun midfielder or KP.

Mantis
18-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Which small forwards would demand a first rd pick?

I can't think of too many, perhaps 'Neon Leon'

Dancin' Douggy
18-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Cyril?

Rocco Jones
18-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Which small forwards would demand a first rd pick?

I can't think of too many, perhaps 'Neon Leon'

Is Stevie Johnson still considered a small forward?

Jason Porplyzia perhaps.

bornadog
18-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Is Stevie Johnson still considered a small forward?

Jason Porplyzia perhaps.

Stevie Johnson is nearly 190cm, more a mid size

ledge
18-08-2009, 10:35 PM

By Nathan Schmook 4:19 PM Tue 18 August, 2009

JOHN Worsfold has left open the possibility of West Coast trading its first pick at this year's NAB AFL Draft.

"That's probably one area that we think we can add something different that we don't have on our list," Worsfold said from Subiaco Oval on Tuesday. "Just a Peter Daicos, someone like that, that'll do.

Well if there was any player floating around who was Just another Peter Daicos I dont think they would be up for sale!

bulldogsman
18-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Aaron Davey (more midfielder now though)

Surely they would be better off going for a Ballantyne or Yarran in the draft wouldn't they?

Topdog
19-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Davis, Didak, Cyril would be the only ones you'd think.

Mofra
19-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Aker was a 2nd rounder so 1st round value would have to be pretty special.

bulldogtragic
19-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Aker was a 2nd rounder so 1st round value would have to be pretty special.
Aker also had a massive falling out, was deprived 1/2 a season of footy and nominated us.

I had the feeling at the time that these things may have reduced his value somewhat...

mighty_west
19-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Aker also had a massive falling out, was deprived 1/2 a season of footy and nominated us.

I had the feeling at the time that these things may have reduced his value somewhat...

Plus given his age, was always just a short term option.

North have a few handy small forwards, although neither would be worth a first rounder imo.

azabob
19-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Davis, Didak, Cyril would be the only ones you'd think.

Out of all the ones mentioned so far I'd take Cyril Rioli.
When ever he gets the ball or is near the ball things always happen for the better.

bulldogtragic
19-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Out of all the ones mentioned so far I'd take Cyril Rioli.
When ever he gets the ball or is near the ball things always happen for the better.
Cyril add's another dimension to the Hawks. They'd be silly to trade him. But if im the WCE, i'd hope he was gettable.

azabob
19-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Cyril add's another dimension to the Hawks. They'd be silly to trade him. But if im the WCE, i'd hope he was gettable.

Totally agree.

mighty_west
19-08-2009, 06:36 PM
West Coast would just about have to sell their soul to get Cyril, there is no way known the Hawks would even think about considering him for a trade.

anfo27
19-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Might sound a bit silly but we could give up Josh Hill for a swap of first round draft picks. Then use pick 6 to get a decent KP option.

Mantis
19-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Might sound a bit silly but we could give up Josh Hill for a swap of first round draft picks. Then use pick 6 to get a decent KP option.

From the draft or an established player?

comrade
19-08-2009, 09:24 PM

Panos could slip through to our pick (12-16) - he's got big wraps on him but I've read his draft rating being anywhere from pick 7-20.

That being said, I'd much rather the best midfielder available.

anfo27
19-08-2009, 09:32 PM
From the draft or an established player?

Either really, i dont have much knowledge about the kids coming through. From memory there is only one good KPP in the draft & that would be Butcher. But i keep dreaming of getting Pavlich. What would you prefer?

Mantis
19-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Either really, i dont have much knowledge about the kids coming through. From memory there is only one good KPP in the draft & that would be Butcher. But i keep dreaming of getting Pavlich. What would you prefer?

A ready made player.

We have Grant, Cordy, Jones & Boumann as our developing forwards. We need a quick fix as our long term options look pretty good.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-08-2009, 09:54 PM
A ready made player.

We have Grant, Cordy, Jones & Boumann as our developing forwards. We need a quick fix as our long term options look pretty good.

Ditto.

I really think we need to chase some quick and skillful midfielders in this next draft. Our KPP stocks look pretty decent at this stage, but admittedly, a lot depends on whether Lake re-signs.

Not convinced about Hall but we need a ready made player capable of giving us 2 seasons at the least. Hopefully by then the likes of Grant, Jones, Boumann, Cordy and Roughead will be very much pressing for selection.

Surely we should be able to develop 1/2 forwards out of that group.

Remi Moses
19-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Worsfold talking tripe as there is no way known they'll trade that early pick.Blimey enjoyed the predictable talkback calls with fans giving up duds for West Coast's early pick:eek::eek:usually eminate from The big clubs

anfo27
19-08-2009, 11:34 PM
A ready made player.

Then who could we get for pick 6 and a player? Pavlich?