PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Forums You Visit

The Coon Dog
19-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Just a bit curious over this, particularly comparing traffic volumes in the 'Unleashed' forum to other forums on the site, something I recently raised with GVGjr.

Sometimes a great news article is posted in the 'Dog's Day' forum & it attracts minimal views & posts, yet I'm sure if the same article was posted in the 'Unleashed' forum, its interest would soar in comparasin.

A favourite are of mine, the Legends & Larrikins' forum is another that seems to receive much less traffic on WOOF.

Most of the established posters seem to work their way through the site & view all & any posts, irrespective of which forum it appears in.

Just an observation, not a criticism.

LostDoggy
19-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I click on home at the top of the page, then go to new posts, it puts up all the new posts since i was last on...

LostDoggy
19-08-2009, 10:21 AM
I goto home and read any articles at first..

Then off to Bulldogs Unleashed..bouncing between Music & Entertainment.

I read Legends & Larrikins when you post that you've done an interview..

comrade
19-08-2009, 10:22 AM
The State League Board is coming along nicely, IMO.

bornadog
19-08-2009, 10:40 AM
I start with the new posts button, so that can take me anywhere, however, I rarely visit the non Footy forums.

Scorlibo
19-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I always read any good articles that are posted in Dog's Day by going to the home page. I guess people respond more heavily to an article if it's in Bulldogs Unleashed because if it's in Bulldogs Unleashed it's probably particularly interesting and worthy of discussion.

I'm loving the State Leagues forum, but I confess that I don't travel regularly enough over to the Legends and Larrikins forum.

Sedat
19-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing a separate 'AFL club' board to discuss all issues not related to the Dogs. Might work better to separate the non-Dogs discussions to another board and leave the main board for all Dogs-specific football discussion

G-Mo77
19-08-2009, 11:06 AM
I click on home at the top of the page, then go to new posts, it puts up all the new posts since i was last on...

Yep that is what I do.

The Coon Dog
19-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing a separate 'AFL club' board to discuss all issues not related to the Dogs. Might work better to separate the non-Dogs discussions to another board and leave the main board for all Dogs-specific football discussion

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Remi Moses
19-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Enjoy Dog's Day and agree with having a non- Bulldogs forum. can we have ''let's stick it to nathan and Jordie forum''

LostDoggy
19-08-2009, 01:47 PM
We usually just jump on unleashed. Not sure why we only look at this one more but the other ones are interesting reads as well. Creatures of habit I guess. Is it normal that we can't read the state footy forum posts because we don't have access to it?

The Coon Dog
19-08-2009, 01:57 PM
We usually just jump on unleashed. Not sure why we only look at this one more but the other ones are interesting reads as well. Creatures of habit I guess. Is it normal that we can't read the state footy forum posts because we don't have access to it?

Jaytee, if you want access to the sate league Forum, just send GVGjr a PM.

bulldogtragic
19-08-2009, 03:26 PM
I like all the different areas, and so many people contribute to them all in different ways. The different boards all give different experiences on WOOF.

But i agree TCD, it is annoying when posters don't look to the news articles board and try to start another conversation in 'unleashed' on an article where there is an existing thread!! It's well founded and constructive criticism. Don't duplicate threads unnecessarily.

LostDoggy
19-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I go straight to "home" too & read the new posts of forums I'm interested in. I also like the past player interviews. Oh, and for a good laugh the "Ben Hudson Beard Appreciation Society" & "Brennan Stack A Go-Go" forums. For some strange reason I've spent more time on a wrestling forum than any other since I've joined!! :D

Dry Rot
19-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Best and most important discussion is on Unleashed, and news on Dog's Day is always worth a look every day to keep up to date.

Agree that a general non-Dogs AFL Board could be useful but maybe that's something for next season.

Dry Rot
19-08-2009, 04:27 PM
A favourite are of mine, the Legends & Larrikins' forum

Given you've started every thread there, I never would have guessed that. :D

LostDoggy
19-08-2009, 05:57 PM
thanks coon dog. will do

Go_Dogs
19-08-2009, 07:14 PM
I usually frequent most forums including the News, State Leagues and Unleashed, as well as giving most of the new interviews in the Legends forum a read when they pop up.

I think over the off-season is a great chance to really ramp up the Legends forum, and perhaps add some current player profiles too.

The State Leagues forum is a relatively new one, but is doing pretty well as far as I can tell.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Unleashed, State Level & Dog's Day for mine.

I'm all for a non-Dogs AFL forum too. That'd really ramp up discussion IMO.

Topdog
19-08-2009, 08:50 PM

this. It takes me everywhere and basically if the thread title looks interesting I read it.

hujsh
19-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I usually take a look at everything unless it's something i have no interest in (eg the wrestling thread)

LostDoggy
19-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Ditto - as I don't always have time for the computer each day, this saves lots of time and means I can look at the titles that interest me! :)

AndrewP6
19-08-2009, 11:32 PM
Just go to the home page, then New Posts. Read thread titles, only look at those I might have something to contribute to. Don't look much at the World Sports, Merv Hughes etc...

If I've posted a few times, I'll go to those boards/threads to see if anyone responded!

Happy Days
23-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I like to have a look at everything except for the soccer threads.

A general footy discussion forum would be a great idea.

LostDoggy
23-08-2009, 07:32 PM
i have the Unleashed forum set up as a link, so I tend to look here, and haven't really looked over the other forum threads...

LostDoggy
23-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Like many others, I go to the new posts.

LostDoggy
23-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Idea of a General Footy Non-Buldogs related sounds quite popular..whats the chance of it happening? :D

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 10:10 AM
I go to the home page first as the news articals appear there also then I go to the Unleashed, Legends and Larrikins (thanks TCD). I browese through the others but that is my main activity.

Dazza
25-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I look at most of the forum sections with anything related to bulldogs/williamstown. But I don't really post all that much.