PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Matthews - Bulldgos 100-1 to win Flag

angelopetraglia
20-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Lethal Leigh talking on 3AW tonight with Dwayne and Gerard.

What chance the Bulldogs to win the Flag Leigh?

100 to 1. He basically gives us no chance at all. Obviously doesn't rate at us.

He believes no one outside of the Saints, Cats and Pies can win it.

Scorlibo
20-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Well we can't expect too much from the media after losing to West Coast 2 weeks back. If we beat Geelong I reckon Lethal will change his tune.

lemmon
20-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Good opportunity in the next few weeks to prove a lot of people wrong.

LostDoggy
20-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Who cares really, i am sick of wanting approval from media.

Let's just win a flag, and not worry about what everyone else thinks.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
20-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Based overall on our performances this year, I can't see how he would view it any differently. We've lost to Carlton, and West Coast twice.

He may shorten those odds if we were to win both this week and next week.

LostDoggy
20-08-2009, 09:00 PM
It's going to be a Saints vs Cats grand final this year. We're just not up to their level. However, if we somehow make the Grand Final, anything can happen on the day. Saints might choke, Geelong might suffer more injuries, we might hit a purple patch. Should be exciting anyway.

LostDoggy
20-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Er, well to be honset I would have given us a 1 in 8 chances to win it.. but whatever. Thats his opinion. I'd like to think we could win it (even though deep down, I know we probably wont).

anfo27
20-08-2009, 09:30 PM
The only good thing about losing to West Coast is everybody thinks we are no chance. No expectation, no pressure, no worries. We have nothing to lose now and we play better when thats the case.

Mantis
20-08-2009, 09:33 PM
The only good thing about losing to West Coast is everybody thinks we are no chance. No expectation, no pressure, no worries. We have nothing to lose now and we play better when thats the case.

Except the chance to win a flag, something we haven't done for 55 years... Yep nothing to lose.:rolleyes:

AndrewP6
20-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I tend to agree with Lethal, unfortunately. Haven't seen much in recent times to change my pessimism.

anfo27
20-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Except the chance to win a flag, something we haven't done for 55 years... Yep nothing to lose.:rolleyes:

Well if we lose it won't be a suprise to anyone. The only people who give us a chance are fellow bulldog supporters. I don't think we handle expectation too well.

LostDoggy
20-08-2009, 09:48 PM
At the start of the year Kevin Sheedy said Richmond were favourites for the Premiership...
boy was'nt he wrong...

bornadog
20-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Who cares really, i am sick of wanting approval from media.

Let's just win a flag, and not worry about what everyone else thinks.

I for one don't give a stuff what the media think, they change their mind after every round.

Saints are favourites, but we saw last week, if they drop their intensity, just like any other team, they are gone.

bold-dogg
20-08-2009, 10:54 PM
If Collingwood are a chance, so are the Bulldogs. I don't get this perception that C/wood
has a better team than we have.

Before I Die
21-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Based overall on our performances this year, I can't see how he would view it any differently. We've lost to Carlton, and West Coast twice.

And Collingwood have lost to St Kilda, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, Adelaide and Essendon. They have also only played St Kilda and Geelon once each. Oh yeah, and they have Leigh Brown at CHB.

It ain't over till it's over.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-08-2009, 02:17 AM
And Collingwood have lost to St Kilda, Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton, Adelaide and Essendon. They have also only played St Kilda and Geelon once each. Oh yeah, and they have Leigh Brown at CHB.

It ain't over till it's over.

Certainly agree.

Collingwood are as good as anyone at the moment though. They've won 10/11 or something very close to it.

LostDoggy
21-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Collinwood were struck down this injuries earlier in the season, and have found good form at the right time of the year, something we have only done once in 2005......:(

bulldogtragic
21-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Fair comment really.

We beat Geelong and Collingwood on the back of the Gabba win, get players back, "Bulldogs are the finals bolters, wouldn't want to come up against them, hey're peaking at the right point"...

Media are very predicatable. We just need to keep winning without exception.

The Underdog
21-08-2009, 10:08 AM
If Collingwood are a chance, so are the Bulldogs. I don't get this perception that C/wood
has a better team than we have.

Their consistency of performance is better than us though. They blew one against Hawthorn but they have been very good for the last 11 weeks.
They also have a good spread of talent, a good mix of talls and smalls and their backline is holding up well. I actually think they're a good chance for the GF just because I think they have a better chance to beat Geelong than most teams do.
We're clearly a step behind the top 3 until we prove otherwise. Hopefully tonight is when we start to.

Sedat
21-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Of course Collingwood are better than us at the moment - they have the smallest injury list in the competition. Their best players are fit, in form and firing. They're better than Geelong at the moment as well. But finals are 2 weeks away and plenty can happen between now and then. We just need to roll the sleeves up and do the business tonight to shore up top 4, and take things from there.

What Matthews or any other media commentator thinks about us does not interest me in the slightest. All I care about is how the match commitee and the players are preparing for the next (hopefully) 6 weeks. Reputations are built from within football clubs. A chance at glory beckons for us.

neodog
21-08-2009, 11:46 AM
i think we are 1/4 chance of winning it this year... Saints, Woods, Cats and us....i certainly took a dabble at us at 1-14 odds.

angelopetraglia
22-08-2009, 12:52 AM
A littler shorter than 100-1 now that we have a top four position confirmed.

comrade
22-08-2009, 10:55 AM
He was just doing the whole "I'm a legend of the game, so let me make a grand, over exaggerated statement and no one question me" thing.

Surely we've come in to at least 50-1 after last night ;)

bulldogtragic
22-08-2009, 10:56 AM
He was just doing the whole "I'm a legend of the game, so let me make a grand, over exaggerated statement and no one question me" thing.

Surely we've come in to at least 50-1 after last night ;)
And win next week and we're the form team coming in???

Desipura
22-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Does Leigh have a betting agency that he owns? I wonder whether he would offer me those odds if I gave him $10,000????
I wonder if Michael Christian and him have made up?:D