PDA

View Full Version : I'm very disappointed in all of us.

bulldogtragic
22-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Not necesarily people on WOOF!!!

But after a stirring and emotional win, a great win even, the doggies 'supporters' rang talk back radio after the game.

Instead of saying how great it was, I heard call after call not saying 'this is a great club and great win', and doing some good PR for the club - they rang up and bagged Gia, Minno and several other players. The tone of talkback radio over MMM and 3AW whilst i was flicking between them was shithouse. If the bulldogs people of Victoria can't pick up the phone and say something good about the club after a win like that and ONLY focus on slagging players than don't pick up the phone!!! No-one else wants to hear your shit drivvel after a win like that.

p.s. - To the knob who chastised Gia, if you happen to read this, he has had 7-8 weeks out and got 23 touches and will be better for the run. Wake up to yourself.

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 10:45 AM

But after a stirring and emotional win, a great win even, the doggies 'supporters' rang talk back radio after the game.

Instead of saying how great it was, I heard call after call not saying 'this is a great club and great win', and doing some good PR for the club - they rang up and bagged Gia, Minno and several other players. The tone of talkback radio over MMM and 3AW whilst i was flicking between them was shithouse. If the bulldogs people of Victoria can't pick up the phone and say something good about the club after a win like that and ONLY focus on slagging players than don't pick up the phone!!! No-one else wants to hear your shit drivvel after a win like that.

p.s. - To the knob who chastised Gia, if you happen to read this, he has had 7-8 weeks out and got 23 touches and will be better for the run. Wake up to yourself.

Maybe next time you should ring in and say something positive. That would be nice. From what I herd on SEN most people were positive.

comrade
22-08-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't listen to talk back for this exact reason - it's the same clueless nuff nuffs calling up and talking negative rubbish about the same players every week.

For someone to have a crack at Gia is astounding.

bulldogtragic
22-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Maybe next time you should ring in and say something positive. That would be nice. From what I herd on SEN most people were positive.
Come again. Dickheads are free to slag there 'own' club after the win, but blame is on ME as i was unable to wait to get on??? Pull your head in.

G-Mo77
22-08-2009, 11:11 AM

He wasn't just talking about last night, he has been poor for the whole season apparently. Don't know what games he had been watching. :rolleyes:

Rocco Jones
22-08-2009, 11:18 AM
He wasn't just talking about last night, he has been poor for the whole season apparently. Don't know what games he had been watching. :rolleyes:

Gia is the poster child for players who aren't appreciated by the common fan.

His strengths are subtle and his perceived weakness seem overt.

His ability to set up scoring shots even if it involves something appearing like a scrubber kick is amazing. A lot of fans just seem to ignore that part of the lead up to the goal. They appreciate some like Cooney or Cooney winning the ball and always appreciate the player who finishes it off by kicking the goal, but Gia's work in between is so much more subtle but also vital.

Gia also gets a lot of uncontested touches through being clever and working hard. A lot of fans just see these as soft, easy touches.

bornadog
22-08-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't listen to talk back for this exact reason - it's the same clueless nuff nuffs calling up and talking negative rubbish about the same players every week.

Just sit in the outer and if we are losing, the first player the supporters have a go at is Gia. I am sick and tired of some of our clueless supporters.

G-Mo77
22-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Just sit in the outer and if we are losing, the first player the supporters have a go at is Gia. I am sick and tired of some of our clueless supporters.

Give me a break, you know the Eagle is well in front of Gia. :D

Cyberdoggie
22-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Gia is the poster child for players who aren't appreciated by the common fan.

His strengths are subtle and his perceived weakness seem overt.

His ability to set up scoring shots even if it involves something appearing like a scrubber kick is amazing. A lot of fans just seem to ignore that part of the lead up to the goal. They appreciate some like Cooney or Cooney winning the ball and always appreciate the player who finishes it off by kicking the goal, but Gia's work in between is so much more subtle but also vital.

Gia also gets a lot of uncontested touches through being clever and working hard. A lot of fans just see these as soft, easy touches.

Yes the nuff nuff's just see the end product, which is the person kicking the goal.

They don't see the sublime touch or pass to get it to that player. That is Gia.

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 11:59 AM
While he lacked polish I was pretty happy with Gia's game after a lengthy lay off. I was certainly happy to see him in the team yesterday morning. He was in career best form before the injury and he will be better for the run.

Topdog
22-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Yeah I was listening to MMM as well after the game and heard the same dickheads. Only kept listening because I wanted to hear the press conference.

Rocco Jones
22-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Yes the nuff nuff's just see the end product, which is the person kicking the goal.

They don't see the sublime touch or pass to get it to that player. That is Gia.

I think the nuff nuff's (that's the term I was looking for, thanks!) also see who wins the ball. They appreciate the work of Cooney, Boyd etc in close.

Gia and Bobby are enormously important to our non-KP forward structure. No KP forward means we have to very clever with our forward entries and Bobby and Gia (as well as Aker) are fantastic at it.

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Come again. Dickheads are free to slag there 'own' club after the win, but blame is on ME as i was unable to wait to get on??? Pull your head in.

For a start you said all of US. I took that to mean all Bulldogs supporters. Which is a sweeping statement and total bull. Those that have courage enough to ring get there opinion across those that don't. Don't!

alwaysadog
22-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Although insanity and following the Bulldogs don’t have any necessary connection I have sympathy for those who affirm that it helps. This season, as the side has gone from soaring to great heights and then plumbing the depths in very short succession, has been one of great emotional fluctuations.

Managing emotion swings is a difficult task and as several threads on this board have shown beyond the capacity of some. Given this board’s reputation for more restrained and thoughtful analysis, although occasionally as Shakespeare said “more honoured in the breach than in the observance”, then some less fortunate are clearly struggling.

There is a negative aspect to the supporters of most clubs of which the Bulldogs seem to have a very large component who are heavily into scapegoating. To make matters worse many are terminally unforgiving of players they take a set against, in spite of all evidence to the contrary. This is a sure sign that the individual(s) are operating in a parallel universe and that the connection to reality is becoming tenuous. I hate to think what would have happened had we lost the last two games.

When this is combined with an absolute belief in the insightfulness of one’s own stupidity/ignorance as well as the certainty that the coaching staff know infinitely less about the players and the game in general than you do it’s only a very short step to insanity. If one can’t find positives out of last night’s victory and feel compelled to be unconstructive or bag players, then it’s highly probable that some have crossed the invisible line and are quite simply barking mad.

FWIW my perspective on Gia was that he was out on his feet in the last quarter and initially I wondered why Rocket didn’t have him on the bench. Then I thought about his capacity to create goals out of quarter chances and his capacity to dig deep and find a spark when close to clinically dead… and I began once again to appreciate how complex decision making is for the coaching staff and how simplistic analysis or conclusions reached without any analysis are signposts on the road to the looney bin.

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 12:55 PM
I didn't listen to MMM, but I was station surfing and heard a lot of doggie supporters ringing up celebrating the win. I listened to 3AW for awhile and was so annoyed that all they talked about was Geelong, even giving Bartel the 3 votes:eek: Thank god for one woman supporter who rang in and said - the doggies just won and you are talking about Geelong;)

There were some very informed callers ringing into Sen1116. The besdt part was the Geelong supporters ringing in and bagging their players - Blake got a drubbing:D

bulldogtragic
22-08-2009, 01:32 PM
For a start you said all of US. I took that to mean all Bulldogs supporters. Which is a sweeping statement and total bull. Those that have courage enough to ring get there opinion across those that don't. Don't!
It might pay to read the first 5 words of my original post instead of shooting off at the hip with ignorance. And since we are a part of a collective, what some people do reflects of the whole. That everyone can not get through or have the time to get through is not the issue here.

AndrewP6
22-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Now now children stop arguing amongst yourselves. I didn't have my headphones with me, so I didn't get the radio broadcasts. But on the way home on the train, I sat near a group of Cats supporters. When asked what changes they need to make, one particularly peeved gentleman said "Sack Blake for a start"... quite amusing, for mine.

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 01:48 PM
I think the people who ring Triple M are the same as that stations footy commentary - ANNOYING!! I for one cannot stand listening to them call (or shout) a game. SEN usually has good callers after games, I heard positive calls from Bulldogs supporters on my way home. SEN also keep talking about the game until midnight which gives listeners plenty of time to call in. :)

bornadog
22-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Give me a break, you know the Eagle is well in front of Gia. :D

That is different its justified:D

bornadog
22-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Now now children stop arguing amongst yourselves. I didn't have my headphones with me, so I didn't get the radio broadcasts. But on the way home on the train, I sat near a group of Cats supporters. When asked what changes they need to make, one particularly peeved gentleman said "Sack Blake for a start"... quite amusing, for mine.

Supporters see one crucial mistake, like the Blake error and turnover in the last, when Mitch pounced on the ball and then kicked a long ball to Hill and he ran in for the goal. Similarly, Gia turned over the ball in the last quarter, and dickhead supporters focus on that one error and start bagging the player. Blake was the dominant ruckman and with 29 hitouts gave the Geelong midfielders first use of the ball.

AndrewP6
22-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Supporters see one crucial mistake, like the Blake error and turnover in the last, when Mitch pounced on the ball and then kicked a long ball to Hill and he ran in for the goal. Similarly, Gia turned over the ball in the last quarter, and dickhead supporters focus on that one error and start bagging the player. Blake was the dominant ruckman and with 29 hitouts gave the Geelong midfielders first use of the ball.

Making their call for his dismissal even funnier. :)

Sedat
22-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Not sure which group is more clueless, the nuff nuffs calling up or the nuff nuffs taking the calls.

Remi Moses
22-08-2009, 03:34 PM
The players deserved a slagging after the West Coast effort. I heard some nuff nuff saying we won Cos Tom Williams didn't play. :eek::eek:FFS can we let this guy play some CONTINUAL FOOTBALL AND GAIN SOME EXPERIENCE before slagging him off.Lets be honest who could be arsed hanging by the phone for half an hour. Sone of those hillbilly cat fans are hilarious,according to one We didn't win Geelong lost it with their turnovers under NO PRESSURE:eek:

Before I Die
22-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Thank goodness none of these "Nuff Nuffs" own a computer or have access to the internet.

Wait a minute......? :eek:

strebla
22-08-2009, 03:45 PM
The players deserved a slagging after the West Coast effort. I heard some nuff nuff saying we won Cos Tom Williams didn't play. :eek::eek:FFS can we let this guy play some CONTINUAL FOOTBALL AND GAIN SOME EXPERIENCE before slagging him off.Lets be honest who could be arsed hanging by the phone for half an hour. Sone of those hillbilly cat fans are hilarious,according to one We didn't win Geelong lost it with their turnovers under NO PRESSURE:eek:

NO PRESSURE what a bunch of morons we outplayed ,outharrased,outtackled and we corralled all night working our arse to the ground (besides 20 minutes of the third )what game were these morons watching! now back to the thread Gia was okay for his first run for a while along with Higgins who are both very important heading to September

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 03:48 PM
You have to concede that at least we Bulldog supporters are consistent.

Consistently negative, that is. Comes with an uninterrupted half century of failure, methinks.

craigsahibee
22-08-2009, 04:26 PM

Ash from Berwick was his name. If anyone on here knows him, get stuck into him. Poor Form. Could not believe what I was hearing. Brian Taylor and the others did stick up for Gia and Will when he came under some criticism.

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 04:41 PM

Oh, thanks you just confirmed why I don't listen to these stations! Ref. Gia - I think he did well, was certainly a bit rusty, but hey, he is a great player and will take a good opposition player. He certainly looked done in in the last quarter, but that's to be expected, he has missed a big chunk of footy. FWIW - I can't abide supporters who bag their own players - hell, be disappointed but don't crucify them :p

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 05:59 PM
I listened to SEN and thought the (few) Dogs fans that rang in were quite positive- the Geelong fans were definitely more critical.

AndrewP6
22-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Ash from Berwick was his name. If anyone on here knows him, get stuck into him. Poor Form. Could not believe what I was hearing. Brian Taylor and the others did stick up for Gia and Will when he came under some criticism.

Don't believe I know him, but I work there... so I could go looking...

bulldogtragic
22-08-2009, 06:51 PM
I listened to SEN and thought the (few) Dogs fans that rang in were quite positive- the Geelong fans were definitely more critical.
If i have got anything from the posts, it's that i should be listening to SEN.

alwaysadog
22-08-2009, 07:26 PM
That is different its justified:D

Or is it justifying a prejudice?