PDA

View Full Version : Minson Revving up Matthew Boyd

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 12:39 PM
After seeing the replay, I saw Matthew Boyd getting a nice talking to by Big Willy.

Josh Hill stepped in and push Willy away. Boydy did not look too happy at all.

Wonder what that was all about?:confused:

Scorlibo
22-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Whatever it was, Big Will was WOG (Worst On Ground) last night, continually got smashed at the hitouts and had next to no influence around the ground let alone in the air. He had no right to tell anyone else what to do.

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 01:28 PM
If i was Boyd, i would've said.

"Try taking a mark in the forward line Will, then speak to me."

mighty_west
22-08-2009, 01:36 PM
I thought it was more Boydy giving it to Minson for giving away that stupid free in the middle of the ground to Bartel which gave them momentum.

AndrewP6
22-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Dunno what it was about, but no big deal. Good to see a bit of fire in the belly. I'm sure they made up!

mighty_west
22-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Dunno what it was about, but no big deal. Good to see a bit of fire in the belly. I'm sure they made up!

Yeah Boydy gave Minson a tap on the ass as they walked off, no drama's as far as that is concerned.

bulldogtragic
22-08-2009, 01:52 PM
That's a level of intensity for me. Better too much than not enough. From all reports with 'leading teams' the players are brutally honest and direct with each other. That's just a more public example.

bornadog
22-08-2009, 02:20 PM
continually got smashed at the hitouts .

Had 21 hitouts, with Huddo only 11 and Blake 29, so I don't think he was smashed in the ruck. However, didn't do much around the ground.

Mantis
22-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Had 21 hitouts, with Huddo only 11 and Blake 29, so I don't think he was smashed in the ruck. However, didn't do much around the ground.

I would like to know the effectiveness of his hit-outs. He just seemed to ram the ball down the throats of the Geelong on-ballers all night.

LostDoggy
22-08-2009, 03:42 PM
I would like to know the effectiveness of his hit-outs. He just seemed to ram the ball down the throats of the Geelong on-ballers all night.

I don't normally mind Big Will, but last night he played a shocker, he was slow lumbering, could not take a mark, and I agree was rucking for Geelong all night.:eek:

mjp
22-08-2009, 06:07 PM
That's a level of intensity for me. Better too much than not enough. From all reports with 'leading teams' the players are brutally honest and direct with each other. That's just a more public example.

Brett Kirk telling Nick Davis 'You fn OWE US' at 3/4 time of the final vs Geelong in 2005 following him not chasing Milburn into the Geelong forward line.

If Minson felt the need to point something out to Boyd - fine. No problem with it from me...

GetDimmaBack
22-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I think the cameras might have missed Boydy giving Will a fair spray to begin with.

Will appeared to be claiming he was "misunderstood". I liked the way Boyd looked him in the eye as he answered the Big German. No backing down - get it right, son!

Agree that last night wasn't Will's best game...

Prince Imperial
22-08-2009, 11:30 PM

The stats in today's Age had his tapouts as 0% to advantage (must be a record for 21 or more) so you are spot on.

Topdog
23-08-2009, 05:40 PM
The stats in today's Age had his tapouts as 0% to advantage (must be a record for 21 or more) so you are spot on.

Shows how pointless those stats are. Watch the game and count them yourself.

LostDoggy
24-08-2009, 12:55 PM
At centre bounces he took his eye off the ball and watched the opposition ruckman and therefore had no momentum to get off the ground.

At boundary throw-ins he was never in front being outmanoevered time and time again

Very, very poor. It was only when Hudson was recalled into the ruck that the cat's momentum from the centre bounce waned late in the third quarter

The Pie Man
24-08-2009, 02:19 PM
For Minson, at least Blake had the howler of the night (handball to the centre that Hahn grabbed to kick to Hill last quarter) always nice to see your opposite number embarrass themselves

always right
24-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Big Will's been in pretty good form but last Friday wasn't one of his best. No problem with Will having a crack at Boydy and vice-versa. Tells me they want to be successful.