PDA

View Full Version : No Social Club Membership, No GF ticket

aker39
24-08-2009, 02:53 PM
This is on the website today.

What for the shit to hit the fan

Social Club Nearing Capacity

The only way to access a Grand Final ticket, should the Bulldogs play is to purchase a Social Club membership in conjunction with a game day membership

With the Western Bulldogs’ triumphant win over Geelong in Round 21 it is a timely reminder that the only way to access a Grand Final ticket should the Western Bulldogs play on the last Saturday in September is to purchase a Social Club membership in conjunction with a game-day membership.

The Bulldogs would like to advise all members and supporters that there are very limited places left in our Social Club cap of 10,000. With a significant sales increase in recent weeks it is anticipated the quota for Social Club Membership allocation will be exhausted shortly.

For those who aren’t aware, 2009 Western Bulldogs Social Club includes the privilege of guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket, should the Bulldogs be a competing team (at retail price) as well as entry to the EJ Whitten Social Club held in the Victory Room at Etihad Stadium during all home games. With Social Club cap expected to be reached, this will be the ONLY way Western Bulldogs members can secure a seat should the Team be competing in the 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

With limited places available, secure your Social Club membership!

To upgrade your membership now, call 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47).

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/83325/default.aspx

AndrewP6
24-08-2009, 08:06 PM
That's the same as every other year. People who want in have had plenty of time.

strebla
24-08-2009, 09:37 PM
This puts me in a bad posistion but the club having 10,000 social club members is exellent

LostDoggy
24-08-2009, 11:00 PM
I've been a member for a long time (but never as social club member), for me its purely a financial decision (I can't justify SC membership when I struggle to pay my kids school fees). However if we make the GF there will be no-one happier than myself and I'll sit down in front of the TV full of hope that I'll see that elusive premiership

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 03:04 AM
My Dad and I have been Top Dog members for the last few years even though we both live overseas and hardly ever get to any games. We did this 1) to support the club and 2) to get priority access to finals tickets (in particular GF tickets). I guess we still get some sort of priority access but in no way is it guaranteed - which is different to what we thought we were buying into.

Anyway - I just hope that i am in the difficult position of having to scrounge around for a GF ticket this year!!

BulldogBelle
25-08-2009, 04:18 AM
I live a squillion miles away too and bought two social club memberships although I can't ever see a match. I bought them for exactly the same reasons as teddy54. A guaranteed finals ticket should we make the grand final. I'll be there too.

bornadog
25-08-2009, 09:19 AM
My Dad and I have been Top Dog members for the last few years even though we both live overseas and hardly ever get to any games. We did this 1) to support the club and 2) to get priority access to finals tickets (in particular GF tickets). I guess we still get some sort of priority access but in no way is it guaranteed - which is different to what we thought we were buying into.

Anyway - I just hope that i am in the difficult position of having to scrounge around for a GF ticket this year!!

I thought Top Dog members are guaranteed a GF ticket?

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 04:49 PM
I have an 11 game membership lvl 2 reserved seating. So I'm no chance of a GF ticket if we make it unless I get social club membership as well?

aker39
25-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I have an 11 game membership lvl 2 reserved seating. So I'm no chance of a GF ticket if we make it unless I get social club membership as well?

That's the way I read it.

The Coon Dog
25-08-2009, 05:49 PM

There is some information here on what Top Dogs members receive:

Top Dogs Kennel Group (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/corporate/coteries/topdogs/tabid/7719/Default.aspx)

This part is what you're specifically after:

*Priority access to purchase two Grand Final tickets if the Western Bulldogs are a competing club.

Throughandthrough
25-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I live a squillion miles away too and bought two social club memberships although I can't ever see a match. I bought them for exactly the same reasons as teddy54. A guaranteed finals ticket should we make the grand final. I'll be there too.

Me three.

I don't think i've been to a home Dogs game in my life!

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I for one am desperate to go to the GF to see my little man Seb take on th MCG at half time. But alas, I am not a social club member, nor can I afford it :( It will be virtually impossible for me to get a ticket. Hubby is Seb's allocated guardian so gets entry (not that he'll see much of the game).
Normally I'm more than happy to watch on tv, but this once in a life time Id so love to be there with Seb.

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Enter as many competitions as possible!

Thats what won me my ticket =]

strebla
26-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Enter as many competitions as possible!

Thats what won me my ticket =]

That may be my last hope I intend to to do all that I can as all I want is to be there with my family but I doubt we will get 14 tickets..

bornadog
27-08-2009, 12:02 AM
You could always buy a package through the club:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/83556/default.aspx

Mantis
27-08-2009, 08:50 AM
You could always buy a package through the club:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/83556/default.aspx

If money is an issue I would think that the approx. $1000 or so for this package would be out of reach for members who are struggling to pay an extra $100 or so to become a SC member.

mjp
27-08-2009, 09:16 AM
That may be my last hope I intend to to do all that I can as all I want is to be there with my family but I doubt we will get 14 tickets..

For the 3 years I lived in Melbourne I went to three grand finals...one of them standing room but I was there. If you are happy for a single ticket in particular, you will be able to get one. Two (together) is harder - more than that impossible.

As for the Social Club thing - yep, I am part of it. Just in case.

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 01:22 PM
I've got an 11 game bronze reserved seat on Level 1, but with social club membership just in case. Hopefully I get to use it this year!! :)

strebla
27-08-2009, 07:22 PM
For the 3 years I lived in Melbourne I went to three grand finals...one of them standing room but I was there. If you are happy for a single ticket in particular, you will be able to get one. Two (together) is harder - more than that impossible.

As for the Social Club thing - yep, I am part of it. Just in case.

This may be the way I have to go I know my phone will get a hammering trying to win tickets on radio:D:D

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 08:46 PM
This may be the way I have to go I know my phone will get a hammering trying to win tickets on radio:D:D

I think it's an extra $100 to upgrade to social club. Well worth it if we make the GF. If we don't, I look at it as a donation to the club. I'd hate to miss out on a ticket if we get there - considering how many who don't actually support either team get to go. :(

aker39
28-08-2009, 08:58 AM
i think it's an extra $100 to upgrade to social club.

$145

Topdog
28-08-2009, 11:28 AM
yeah it was $100 before June or July sometime.

strebla
28-08-2009, 11:59 AM
$145

I would need to multiply that by 4 so out of reach unfortunately i will have to ride my luck:confused:

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Can you still upgrade to social club? I couldnt miss out on a GF! If I can't get social club membership and we made the GF how could I get tickets? eBay?

aker39
31-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Can you still upgrade to social club? I couldnt miss out on a GF! If I can't get social club membership and we made the GF how could I get tickets? eBay?

I think you still can.