PDA

View Full Version : Port Adelaide Players

bulldogtragic
25-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Williams was ice cold when he said he needed new players, but honest. The journo's are all saying the player cull will be deep and a re-build is on. So there could be a high turnover of players including trading out/up.

With that in mind, does Port have anyone we should be looking at (who they would trade, obviously young talents like Krakour will not be on the table), but who aren't duds or has-beens or never-weres ? If so, what are you willing to part witgh to get them into the red, white and blue next year and what will they add which we need?

comrade
25-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Williams was ice cold when he said he needed new players, but honest. The journo's are all saying the player cull will be deep and a re-build is on. So there could be a high turnover of players including trading out/up.

With that in mind, does Port have anyone we should be looking at (who they would trade, obviously young talents like Krakour will not be on the table), but who aren't duds or has-beens or never-weres ? If so, what are you willing to part witgh to get them into the red, white and blue next year and what will they add which we need?

Funny you mention Krakour, as he’s the only one I want.

Hopefully he stagnates over the next 12 months playing under a guy who clearly doesn’t like the group he’s stuck with – then we can make a big play when his value is low.

To be honest, though, it’s probably best to steer clear of Port Adelaide players altogether – they’re one the flakiest bunch of footballers ever assembled, rivaling Richmond in the mentally weak stakes. That sort of damage might be tough to un do.

mighty_west
25-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Funny you mention Krakour, as he’s the only one I want.

Hopefully he stagnates over the next 12 months playing under a guy who clearly doesn’t like the group he’s stuck with – then we can make a big play when his value is low.

I reckon Clayton & the Gold Coast might make a big play for him as well, had we not taken Aker, we would have taken Krakour with our second pick, in fact i'm pretty sure Clayton was really tempted to take him with our first pick that year, and the GC will have plenty of picks to use as bait.

Cyberdoggie
25-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Depending on their value.

I've always liked Rodan and Chad Cornes, however obviously age and injuries are the concern there.

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Hartlett is the one we would want but they're not going to give either him or Krakour away unless for big stakes.

Port are not that bad actually, just suffering from the services of the fitness guru we had. They are now clearly the least fit side in the competition

They will be prepared to give away Peter Burgoyne (just a tad younger than me) and Pearce who has never had a contested possession in his life

comrade
25-08-2009, 02:10 PM
They will be prepared to give away Peter Burgoyne (just a tad younger than me) and Pearce who has never had a contested possession in his life

Well, we will need a replacement for Eagleton :D

chef
25-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Salopek, Boak, Gray, Krakouer, Logan and Pettigrew are the Power players i would be happy to pick up. If Lake leaves i would look at either Carlile or Chaplin aswell.

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 02:19 PM
J.Westhoff? Ebert?

If they put em out there clubs will bite.

Desipura
25-08-2009, 02:47 PM
We were seriously considering picking up Krakour with our first pick but decided to go with Everitt instead. Port ended up getting him with pick 39, our next pick was 45 (we picked up Stack) as a result of the Aker deal.

mighty_west
25-08-2009, 03:20 PM
J.Westhoff? Ebert?

If they put em out there clubs will bite.

Another ultra thin beanpole tall forward? No thanks, we have a few developing.

AS much as Ebert has been in poor form, i couldn't see them trading him off.

Mofra
25-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Well, we will need a replacement for Eagleton :D
Eagle is way tougher than Pearce. If Pearce had Eagle's heart murmers he would never have played on. Something Eagle gets next to no credit for but one of the braver injuries to overcome.

mighty_west
25-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Eagle is way tougher than Pearce. If Pearce had Eagle's heart murmers he would never have played on. Something Eagle gets next to no credit for but one of the braver injuries to overcome.

Pearce = J McMahon MKII.

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Another ultra thin beanpole tall forward? No thanks, we have a few developing.

AS much as Ebert has been in poor form, i couldn't see them trading him off.

Yeah wasn't suggesting for our side..you cant structure your forward line around someone who is that, a beanpole..and cant see him putting the weight on anytime soon.

Jasper
25-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Shaun Burgoyne is the man we want. Top 10 mid-fielder in the comp when fit and motivated
Imagine him on one wing and Griff on the other for the next 8-10 years.

The Coon Dog
25-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Shaun Burgoyne is the man we want. Top 10 mid-fielder in the comp when fit and motivated

Shaun Burgoyne will be 26 years old in a couple of months, so I reckon he's got 5 or 6 seasons left at most. Definitely worth looking at, dependent upon what he would cost of course.

bulldogtragic
25-08-2009, 03:56 PM
If Port would take a second rounder for him I would be very, very happy to have him. I think he could be on the market, but i'm not sure we'll have the currency as a first rounder is too high (and we should keep ours).

If for some trade we end up with a high second rounder, then i would see if that would get the job done.

LostDoggy
25-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Chaplin anyone?

Happy Days
25-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Of all of the players we could realistically have a chance at, Boak is my favourite.

What about Carlile? If Lake leaves, he would be a handy replacement.

Anyone have any mail on how Lobbe is developing? Was a reasonably high pick from memory, and is yet to be sighted.

BulldogBelle
25-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Surjan + Salopek

Both will be pretty good in a few seasons

Burgoyne and both Cornes would be great...but we may have to sell our first born sons for them

The Doctor
25-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Chaplin anyone?

definately

we should have taken him in the Farren Ray draft. I'd make a play for him whether Lake stays or goes.

Boak and Salopek are two others I'd be interested in. Maybe Krakour.

alwaysadog
25-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Port are not that bad actually, just suffering from the services of the fitness guru we had. They are now clearly the least fit side in the competition

Gee... that's a big call after looking at the huge rear ends on some of the Freo boys, they seem to waddle quickly rather than to run.

LostDoggy
26-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I'd be having a good look at Travis Boak and Robbie Gray both only 21 years old

Throughandthrough
26-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Lobbe was playing reserves with Port Magpies, so a few months back he switched SANFL clubs to West Adelaide, and has apparently done very well in the league team.

They wont let him go as B Lade will be gawn so.

But here's a photo o took of Lobbe early this year.

He's the scared guy in the middle in the prison bars jumper.

NB Salopek has poor disposal and Peter Burgoyne has turned into a joke.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3547/3410912927_a267a4748c_b.jpg

Go_Dogs
26-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Shaun Burgoyne will be 26 years old in a couple of months, so I reckon he's got 5 or 6 seasons left at most. Definitely worth looking at, dependent upon what he would cost of course.

He'd be the one I'm interested in, but you imagine you would be paying full market rate for him. Very good player though, and could be useful for us up forward, down back or through the middle.

Happy Days
26-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Lobbe was playing reserves with Port Magpies, so a few months back he switched SANFL clubs to West Adelaide, and has apparently done very well in the league team.

Thanks for that T&T.

mighty_west
26-08-2009, 05:31 PM

That big fella for Glenelg won't be too happy that his team mate kicked him in the nuts!

mighty_west
26-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I'd be having a good look at Travis Boak and Robbie Gray both only 21 years old

That would be like other teams looking at Ward & Higgins, won't happen, those two are two of their young guns, Boak was a number 5 or 6 pick, although it would be nice to see him wearing the tri colours and playing alongside his good mate Shaun Higgins.

Topdog
26-08-2009, 05:37 PM
That would be like other teams looking at Ward & Higgins, won't happen, those two are two of their young guns, Boak was a number 5 or 6 pick, although it would be nice to see him wearing the tri colours and playing alongside his good mate Shaun Higgins.

Except Port Adelaide have said they need to start trading. We haven't.

mighty_west
26-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Except Port Adelaide have said they need to start trading. We haven't.

Yeah, thats fine, but they are not going to get silly and trade off their young guns, Grey, Boak, Hartlett etc.

Players like Salopek might be in the gun however, he doesn't seem to being forward at Port and would attract interest.