27-08-2009, 05:59 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Sam Reid, Dale Morris, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Josh Hill, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Brad Johnson, Mitch Hahn, Robert Murphy
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Shaun Higgins
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Liam Picken
Int (from): Dylan Addison, Tim Callan, Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Daniel Giansiracusa, Calln Ward, Scott Welsh
In: Callan, Cross, Everitt
Out:

COLLINGWOOD
B: Harry O’Brien, Simon Prestigiacomo, Leigh Brown
HB: Heath Shaw, Nick Maxwell, Tarkyn Lockyer
C: Alan Didak, Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury
HF: Brad Dick, Travis Cloke, Ben Johnson
F: Josh Fraser, Jack Anthony, Dale Thomas
Foll: Cameron Wood, Dane Swan, Leon Davis
Int (from):- Alan Toovey, Steele Sidebottom, Tyson Goldsack, John McCarthy, Paul Medhurst, Shane O’Bree, Sharrod Wellingham,

In: John McCarthy, Steele Sidebottom, Tyson Goldsack
Out:

Go_Dogs
27-08-2009, 06:07 PM
About what was to be expected.

Good to see Callan come in, could be an important player in finals should his opportunity call.

Everitt is an interesting one for me. The MC have shown a lot of faith in him at times this year, and often have not been rewarded. For mine, I think Tiller is a better bet for finals due to his intensity and hardness, although I guess he is coming from a fair way back with injuries. We do need probably 1 extra tall defender if Williams can't get back, so a big week for both Tiller and Everitt.

G-Mo77
27-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I think Cross will be the only in so I don't think it matters were Everitt is named.

The Pie Man
27-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Reid on the ground with Cross - I imagine that makes Addison the likely omission tomorrow.

Only other one I can see is Callan for Welsh (unlikely from my perspective)

Cyberdoggie
27-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Reid on the ground with Cross - I imagine that makes Addison the likely omission tomorrow.

Only other one I can see is Callan for Welsh (unlikely from my perspective)

Welsh could be out for Cross, depends on match ups.

I wouldn't imagine he would have an impact against Presti so he then becomes redundant.

Small forward line and mobile players i think.
Only issue is how they match up against Anthony, Cloke and Brown/Fraser.
With Lake, Morris, Hargrave or Gilbee?

bornadog
27-08-2009, 06:51 PM
No Rocca, I think he is gone!

bulldogtragic
27-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Hopefully Reid now sees his future in the RW&B.

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I thought Timmy would have come in last week...but good to see him named this week..

Hate Collingwood(as im sure a lot of people who dont barrack for them do) but i cant wait to see Steele Sidebottom play live again......

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Out: Addison
In: Cross

BulldogBelle
27-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Welsh could be out for Cross, depends on match ups.

I wouldn't imagine he would have an impact against Presti so he then becomes redundant.

Small forward line and mobile players i think.
Only issue is how they match up against Anthony, Cloke and Brown/Fraser.
With Lake, Morris, Hargrave or Gilbee?

I remember when we placed against Port, Shaggy played against Westhoff and became one of the reasons why we smashed them

Not suggesting that Westoff is in the same league as Brown/Fraser...maybe Brown, but I look at it as a match up that will work in our favour

Lake and Morris will help Shaggy with any high balls against those two B&W chumps

Mantis
27-08-2009, 11:14 PM
I remember when we placed against Port, Shaggy played against Westhoff and became one of the reasons why we smashed them

Not suggesting that Westoff is in the same league as Brown/Fraser...maybe Brown, but I look at it as a match up that will work in our favour

Lake and Morris will help Shaggy with any high balls against those two B&W chumps

I am not a big fan of employing the match-ups you have suggested. The 2 Collingwood players have massive weight advantages over Ryan (as below). We are also playing Coll in Melbourne so there will not be the hot & humid conditions that the Port game was played in which meant high marking wasn't a real feature like it could be at ES.

On top of that Ryan is now a much improved player as he is finally playing on better matched opponents in terms of height & weight. Lets keep it that way.

Brown - 194cm - 101kg
Fraser - 202cm - 100kg

J.Westhoff - 199cm - 92kg

Hargrave - 190cm - 85kg

anfo27
27-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I am not a big fan of employing the match-ups you have suggested. The 2 Collingwood players have massive weight advantages over Ryan (as below). We are also playing Coll in Melbourne so there will not be the hot & humid conditions that the Port game was played in which meant high marking wasn't a real feature like it could be at ES.

On top of that Ryan is now a much improved player as he is finally playing on better matched opponents in terms of height & weight. Lets keep it that way.

Brown - 194cm - 101kg
Fraser - 202cm - 100kg

J.Westhoff - 199cm - 92kg
Hargrave - 190cm - 85kg

Is that right? I didn't realise the Hoff was that tall.

Worried about Josh Fraser's mobility around the ground when he is in the ruck, it caused us problems last time. I can't see rocket getting out smarted again in this one. Confident we will beat the pies and think Murphy looms as the most important player for us come Sunday.

Mantis
28-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Worried about Josh Fraser's mobility around the ground when he is in the ruck, it caused us problems last time. I can't see rocket getting out smarted again in this one. Confident we will beat the pies and think Murphy looms as the most important player for us come Sunday.

Fraser caused us problems when he ran forward of the ball in our last clash. Where as our ruckman have a tendency to battle it out in the contest Josh loves to play the 'cheats' role and run forward of the contest awaiting a releasing handball. We just need to be mindful to where he is, but I am more than happy for our ruckman to play their natural game which is to help feed the ball out.

Happy Days
28-08-2009, 06:40 PM
FINAL TEAMS:

Bulldogs
In: Cross
Out: Addison

Collingwood
No change

The Bulldogs Bite
28-08-2009, 06:51 PM
As expected.

However, I personally would of liked Callan included. Tom Williams is the obvious inclusion to battle the key talls. What about the smalls? We struggled with Collingwood's last time and even St. Kilda have a few in Milne/Schneider. This may have been an opportunity to see if Callan could fill a role if required in a couple of weeks time.

We're probably a defender short IMO. When Griff comes back it'll help but it probably means the trio of Griff, Boyd & Picken will have to play stints in the back half at certain times.

Hopefully having that 'extra' midfielder really pays off for us on Sunday & the finals series.

Mantis
29-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Just been informed that Everitt isn't playing for Williamstown today - possible late change as he was named as an emergency?

Rocco Jones
29-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Just been informed that Everitt isn't playing for Williamstown today - possible late change as he was named as an emergency?

'I think it's a good idea to have a non-playing emergency whenever Willy plays before the Dogs, so obviously we could be just do the cautious thing.

I was thinking Everitt for Welsh might be a decent tactical move during the week due to Presti and the lack of defensive cover we have (Everitt could be a decent match up for Medhurst, freeing up Shaggy etc) but I have such little faith in Dre at the moment.

bornadog
29-08-2009, 03:04 PM

My butcher said he went to training yesterday and he thought Murphy didn't look too good. Also he was told Hudson may be out and they may go in with one ruckman.

Mantis
29-08-2009, 03:21 PM
My butcher said he went to training yesterday and he thought Murphy didn't look too good. Also he was told Hudson may be out and they may go in with one ruckman.

You would hope not. One week out from the finals it would be silly to ask Will to ruck for an entire game.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Is Addison playing today?

Been watching bits but haven't seen him yet

hujsh
29-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Yep. Wearing his 22.

Happy Days
29-08-2009, 04:09 PM

Yeah he is.

Got cleaned up by Deluca before, but looks fine.

Rocco Jones
29-08-2009, 04:15 PM

He is playing.

Remi Moses
30-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Hear that Goldsack/Mccarthy didn't play in the Collingwood seconds match. Might be a late change or two

Dry Rot
30-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Any late changes?

anfo27
30-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Any late changes?

Hudson out Everitt in

angelopetraglia
30-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Hudson listed out with hamstring. Anyone know how serious it is?

He is very important to our finals chances.

BulldogBelle
30-08-2009, 04:43 PM
So Minson to ruck the whole game

With some backup from Everitt?

Cant think of who else could back up Minson in the Ruck apart from Lake or Everitt....

Wonder if Hudson's omission is a planned break for the big guy...

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Wonder if Hudson's omission is a planned break for the big guy...

Hope so!

BulldogBelle
30-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Just hoping Everitt can ruck like his big bro

Problem being he has never played that position at senior or VFL level, and is 10 cms shorter than Wood and prob 8 than Fraser

He wont have to do it for longer than 20 mins so hoping we should be OK

Dazza
30-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Why didn't we take Skipper in? This decision is very confusing.

Scorlibo
30-08-2009, 05:01 PM

The fact that Skipper isn't coming in indicates that this was not a planned exclusion - Skipper wasn't named in the emergencies so Hudson was expected to play.

Dry Rot
30-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Hudson out Everitt in

Thanks

I suppose there are 3 possible explanations:

1. It happened today or he was given till today for a decision

2. It was known by the Willi game, and Eade wanted to surprise the Pies (bit odd)

3. Skipper is really poorly thought of (why then is he on the list this year?)

boydogs
30-08-2009, 05:14 PM

Thanks

I suppose there are 3 possible explanations:

1. It happened today or he was given till today for a decision

2. It was known by the Willi game, and Eade wanted to surprise the Pies (bit odd)

3. Skipper is really poorly thought of (why then is he on the list this year?)

From what bornadog said we may have known on Friday before final teams were chosen. This may have been planned, rather than a bad injury

Dry Rot
30-08-2009, 05:26 PM
From what bornadog said we may have known on Friday before final teams were chosen. This may have been planned, rather than a bad injury

OK, thanks. Then I just can't figure out why Skipper isn't playing.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 05:51 PM

Also with Collingwood's ruck division not that strong, you can play one less.

boydogs
30-08-2009, 06:09 PM

Not too sure. Looks like Mitch Hahn is doing a bit of ruck work for us

Dry Rot
30-08-2009, 07:50 PM
I trust Cross won't be in trouble for that.

Dry Rot
30-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Eagleton! Bald God!!!!!

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 07:57 PM
COME ON DOGS!!!!!!!!! 21 points up - according to my mobile phone if we win by 22 we get 3rd.

Bugger, 15 now. :(

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :)

Dry Rot
30-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Presume Hudson and Griff will be back next week?

At least it looks like we have 2 handy reserves in Reid and Everitt if required during the finals.

bornadog
30-08-2009, 09:12 PM

Looks like my mail was right.

boydogs
30-08-2009, 09:23 PM

Murphy was fine! :p
Good call

bornadog
30-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Murphy was fine! :p
Good call

All he said was Murphy was being tested out, but was spot on with Hudson;)

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 09:31 PM
There was a bit of X factor in Everitt, played well, might be suited across HF? I'd Think twice before I drop him.

Happy Days
30-08-2009, 09:36 PM
There was a bit of X factor in Everitt, played well, might be suited across HF? I'd Think twice before I drop him.

True, but who else could make way?

Hill?

Dry Rot
30-08-2009, 09:37 PM

Does he have good steaks too?

Yes, I was wondering about that - seemed to add something new/extra to us.

But who else besides Reid gets dropped if Griff and Hudson return next week?

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I thought Everitt was pretty good today, one of his best games for us, I think he will still go out for Huddo and reid for Griff.

Pretty stiff but those guys will be great back up for the finals series and in the best 22 next year.

Very happy with Minsons job for the day too. We are really starting to find depth in most areas of the team, except Brian.... SIGN HIM UP! (after we win the GF and have salary cap room)

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 09:48 PM
True, but who else could make way?

Hill?

Ried?

bornadog
30-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Does he have good steaks too?

Funny thing is if I go to the market, the buitcher I deal with is a mad doggies supporter, or if I go down the street to the local butcher he also is a mad doggies man. Unusual, yes because I live in the Esatern Suburbs.

Its going to be tough at the selection table.

Happy Days
30-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Ried?

Would have thought he was already out to accomodate for Griffen.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Would have thought he was already out to accomodate for Griffen.
:)
Its a good problem to have.
All depends on the matchups I suppose.