PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Browns last game

strebla
28-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Just heard on sen that Nathan Brown and Mark Coughlan will be playing their last game for the Tigers tonight .Nathan Brown i can understand but would have thought Coughlan has a big upside for a new coach.

ledge
28-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Personally i cant believe Nathan is playing his last game , way too much class to give the arse if you look at what they have.

mighty_west
28-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Got to feel for Coughlan, shocking run with injuries, was a good player at one stage, lost all his pace, was at one point the pin up boy for Richmond.

As for Nafan............finals played since leaving Whitten Oval, a big fat ZERO, that is all.

Dry Rot
28-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Brown's last in a meaningless game on a far away ground?

Gee, what a pity....

LostDoggy
28-08-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm going to laugh.
AHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Serves him right. Nice career Nafey.

Swoop
28-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Maybe it's just me but despite being a bulldog supporter I still think it is sad to see the way his career went after he left us.

Remi Moses
28-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Maybe it's just me but despite being a bulldog supporter I still think it is sad to see the way his career went after he left us.

No it's called the karma:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Some people get what they deserve :D

LostDoggy
I still love Browny, dont like what he did....but i still love him...will be sad to see him play his last game...hopefully he goes somewhere else so i can still watch him....

The Coon Dog

Yes & no. I didn't wish him or anyone that type of shocking injury, but would have been happy to see him never play in a winning team.

strebla
28-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I think they will both be picked up or traded what clubs could be interested????

mighty_west
28-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Yes & no. I didn't wish him or anyone that type of shocking injury, but would have been happy to see him never play in a winning team.

Ditto.

GVGjr
28-08-2009, 09:01 PM
One of the better player I have seen pull on the red white and blue in the last 20 years. Whilst I doubt he will ever say so, he must be kicking himself that he left us.

Desipura
28-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes I know what you mean, the knee injury was sickening. I would have been happy for him to continue playing for Richmond and not playing in any finals. Richmond only really saw the best of him in that first half year at their club and then the injury occurred.

lemmon
28-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Feel for Coughlan, surely his hard nose attitude and attack on the ball would be exactly what Richmond need right now.
Brown....Meh

bornadog
28-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Never cared about footy or his team mates, always worried about the $$$$$$$$, so good riddance Browny.

bulldogtragic
28-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Brown will go to Sydney and market his gaybo t-shirts up there and make a few more millions while being selfish.

hujsh
28-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Based on what I've heard on this forum about Brown's attitude at the dogs and his influence on younger players it's not surprising Hardwick wouldn't want him around while he's trying to change the club's poor culture.

Coughlan is more surprising.

Mantis
28-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Hope you break a leg in your last game under the big lights Browny....

The Coon Dog
28-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Hope you break a leg in your last game under the big lights Browny....

Obviously as in acting parlance Mantis. ;)

LostDoggy
28-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Brown will go to Sydney and market his gaybo t-shirts up there and make a few more millions while being selfish.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :D

I hated it when it was soooo obvious he didn't want to be playing for us, body language out on the ground etc.... :mad:

Was overseas when he broke his leg.... still haven't (and don't want to) seen any vision of that. :eek:

I do feel a little bit sorry for him though. :o

The Bulldogs Bite
28-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Seems as though Hardwick is prepared to cull the list right back. He was impressive the other day, and is already following up on it.

A little strange they'd both be delisted IMO. They've arguably got far worse players on their list than these two. Both aren't half the player they used to be, but I would of thought they'd get another year ahead of quite a few others.

Coughlans's body must be pretty much finished. They've stuck by him for a while despite his bad injuries, and now that he finally gets a year under his belt they delist him? A little interesting. I wonder if Coughlan will go to another club and do a Rodan.

Brown's reputation was sky high a few years ago. He was being talked as one of the best players in the competition and if he had of been able to sustain that form for 3-4 years ago, he really would have had an amazing career. Instead, I doubt he'll be remembered as a terrific player. His last 4 seasons (or so) have seen him fall off the map.

strebla
28-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Interesting that chanel 7 have not mentioned this yet

LostDoggy
28-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Interesting that chanel 7 have not mentioned this yet

I thought i heard Tim Watson mention it before the game....

AndrewP6
28-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Couldn't give a stuff about Brown really... Coughlan I've got no beef with, reckon he might get picked up by someone..

strebla
28-08-2009, 10:16 PM
I thought i heard Tim Watson mention it before the game....

I may have missed it but you would think it would have generated a lenthy discussion

alwaysadog
28-08-2009, 10:20 PM
No it's called the karma:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Some people get what they deserve :D

It's usually called either bad luck or bad judgement and Nathan got both.

Not too worried about what he deserved, he was a terrific player who was a bit out of control in his last year with us and sought better opportunities elsewhere. They didn't work out, that's his problem. I got over feeling bad about his going years ago.

We've got a September with some hope, I prefer to concentrate on that.

Time for others to move on on the Nathan Brown issue.

BulldogBelle
28-08-2009, 11:41 PM

Same here Swoop, I was quite cheesed when he left us and that was because he was one of my favourites. Sadly his horrific injury and subsequent attempts to getting back to his best was always going to be an uphill battle.

In saying that he will probably find a third club willing to take him on.

BulldogBelle
29-08-2009, 12:32 AM
One of the better player I have seen pull on the red white and blue in the last 20 years. Whilst I doubt he will ever say so, he must be kicking himself that he left us.

He only wanted the money!!!!!!!!!!

G-Mo77
29-08-2009, 12:36 AM
The guy is a knob on and off the field. He is a self absorbed selfish wanker and a drubbing like this in his final game was a perfect way to end his career.

Good riddance!

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 12:43 AM
I think this scenario will happen haha..
Brown will nominate himself for PSD

Richmond with their "awesome recruiting history" will pick him up with their last pick.

Welcome back Nath! Lets pretend your 18 and debuting.

comrade
29-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Nathan Brown on leaving the Bulldogs in 2003:
"I want to play finals"

Nathan Brown on leaving the Tigers in 2009:
"I want to make t-shirts"

Oh, how the mighty have fallen

GetDimmaBack
29-08-2009, 01:22 AM
This is really the end of an era, isn't it?

For a very long time Richmond has been loaded up with ex-Doggies, including Dougie, Scotty Wynd, Leon Cameron, the whole coaching/team management staff of the late 90s, and of course Nathan G. Brown and Jordy...

If Jordy goes to the Saints as expected, and Jade seeks greener pastures, then we will no longer have that tenuous connection with the Tigers.

Maybe I'll cease to despise them..................................................maybe not.

Remi Moses
29-08-2009, 01:30 AM
The guy is a knob on and off the field. He is a self absorbed selfish wanker and a drubbing like this in his final game was a perfect way to end his career.

Good riddance!

To true. We're all over him. I think what shits us is the big crowds in September drivel.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 03:56 AM
There was a in depth report on him on the TAC show last Saturday I think. Showed him running around for Bendigo, and it also talked about how poor his family was. They were living in a caravan - at one stage. I got a better understanding of why Browny is so into money - it must equal security. Feel sad for him that his career just went downhill. He knows and we all know he should have stayed with the doggies.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 06:13 AM
Finally I can now put the RFC club where they rightly belong...

Into the 'absolute ambivelance' basket along with the other 15 AFL clubs...

Topdog
29-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Can't believe some are suggesting Nathan should play on. Besides being generally crap this year he has also missed a large chunk of games with injury. He is finished.

GVGjr
29-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Can't believe some are suggesting Nathan should play on. Besides being generally crap this year he has also missed a large chunk of games with injury. He is finished.

Hopefully he knows it's time to move on to his other interests now.

The Coon Dog
29-08-2009, 09:03 AM
If I was Brisbane I'd seriously look at drafting Browny. He's been injured a bit this season & maybe with a warmer climate his body might just cope a little better.

Would be a handy acquisition in a forward line with a couple of big guns in Brown & Bradshaw.

I have a vague recollection that his Mum moved up to Qld some years back & he's definitely a Mummy's boy.

G-Mo77
29-08-2009, 09:55 AM
There was a in depth report on him on the TAC show last Saturday I think. Showed him running around for Bendigo, and it also talked about how poor his family was. They were living in a caravan - at one stage. I got a better understanding of why Browny is so into money - it must equal security. Feel sad for him that his career just went downhill. He knows and we all know he should have stayed with the doggies.

If he didn't make it as a footballer his poetry would have got him out of that caravan. :D

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 10:05 AM
If I was Brisbane I'd seriously look at drafting Browny. He's been injured a bit this season & maybe with a warmer climate his body might just cope a little better.

Would be a handy acquisition in a forward line with a couple of big guns in Brown & Bradshaw.

I have a vague recollection that his Mum moved up to Qld some years back & he's definitely a Mummy's boy.

I was talkin to a friend last night and said he should move to Qld and play with Brisbane....and yes your right his mum is up in Qld with his dad...

comrade
29-08-2009, 10:10 AM
I was talkin to a friend last night and said he should move to Qld and play with Brisbane....and yes your right his mum is up in Qld with his dad...

If that doesn't work out, he can always man the counter at his favourite KFC up there.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Or open a t-shirt stall outside the GABBA.

Buy 1 Get 10 Free!

Twodogs
29-08-2009, 01:26 PM

What is it with people from Bendigo moving up to Queensland? Most of my dad's family are from Bendigo and nearly all of them have moved to Queenland, apart from one who moved to Darwin.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Karma, Karma, Karma. Both Nathan and Terry Wallace, thought the grass was greener on the other side. Both have received what they richly deserved......Looking for sympathy, its in the dictionary ..............!

KT31
29-08-2009, 02:56 PM
I still love Browny, dont like what he did....but i still love him...will be sad to see him play his last game...hopefully he goes somewhere else so i can still watch him....

Do they play AFL in Antarctica ? :D

KT31
29-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Good luck in your last game Brownie.
Break a leg !!!

bornadog
29-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Good luck in your last game Brownie.
Break a leg !!!

That was last night:confused:

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Based on what I've heard on this forum about Brown's attitude at the dogs and his influence on younger players it's not surprising Hardwick wouldn't want him around while he's trying to change the club's poor culture.

Coughlan is more surprising.

Wouldve thought Ben Cousins would fit into that category as well, but no word on him as yet

angelopetraglia
29-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Absolutely hated seeing Brown leave the Dogs. Devastated and have never forgiven Judas for his actions.

Loved watching him play, he was an absolute freak at full flight (in particular 2002 & 2003 when he moved up forward and kicked 57 and 56 goals in an ordinary team).

However, I don't wish the guy any pain or grief. Was genuinely upset when he snapped his leg in half and he has never really got back to where he was before the injury.

Hopefully the Brown story is a lesson for others looking to leave, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I often wonder where he regrets at all his decision to leave the Dogs? He has never stated it publicly (but that is very hard to do when you are at another club).

jazzadogs
29-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Wouldve thought Ben Cousins would fit into that category as well, but no word on him as yet
Not sure how serious you were being, but everything that has been said about Cousins while he's been at the Tigers has been positive. In terms of his work ethic, and the way he plays the game, they really couldn't ask for a better role model for the younger players.

In regards to Browny, he was one of my favourite players and I was gutted when he left (though too young to understand why). Never liked him since, but it was terrible that his career was destroyed by injury. I hope that he does well after football.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 08:50 PM
surely he can play finals footy for willi next year. The worst thing about this news is that i will now have to see his gob constantly on tv. He makes andrew welsh look like a polished media performer.

We are such a better club without the likes of this guy

KT31
29-08-2009, 08:57 PM

Ben Cousins has been honest about his dicrepances.

KT31
29-08-2009, 08:59 PM
surely he can play finals footy for willi next year. The worst thing about this news is that i will now have to see his gob constantly on tv. He makes andrew welsh look like a polished media performer.

Why tarnish our young players with his figjam attitude ?

Topdog
29-08-2009, 09:13 PM

Cousins influence on the young players at Richmond has been nothing short of sensational.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 10:38 PM

That's true GVGjr - he was a great player and I'm sure he totally regrets leaving the Dogs the way he did. I must be getting old and mellow, as I was holding onto some anger still about Browny, now I just feel a bit sorry for him.:o Yes, I know it's karma and all that, but it was a pretty tough call to be told before the last game of the year that his career (at least with Richmond) is over? I must say I found it hard to understand why they told them both before the game - I didn't see any of the game but I can't imagine many Richmond supporters trekking over to the West, so they didn't really get a great farewell from the fans??

AndrewP6
29-08-2009, 10:54 PM
it was a pretty tough call to be told before the last game of the year that his career (at least with Richmond) is over? I must say I found it hard to understand why they told them both before the game -

Agreed, I think they could've let them play the season out. Don't see why they couldn't have told them tomorrow, then come back to Punt Rd to properly farewell them. Poor form from the Tiges, but then again, they're good at that aren't they? :)

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 03:13 AM
Brown's last in a meaningless game on a far away ground?

Gee, what a pity....

rofl.

ledge
30-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Agreed, I think they could've let them play the season out. Don't see why they couldn't have told them tomorrow, then come back to Punt Rd to properly farewell them. Poor form from the Tiges, but then again, they're good at that aren't they? :)

Yes i agree , fancy telling a guy like Browny its his last game before the game, what kind of game do they expect him to play?

Would have been better letting him think he is playing for a spot next year so at least he puts in.

craigsahibee
30-08-2009, 11:50 AM

So it's true. Browny = Trailer Trash

Max469
30-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Didn't liked Judas when he played for us - a smart mouth.

Very good player to watch and would probably have gone on to be one of the Doggies greats if he hadn't sought greener pastures and you know what they say about the grass is not always greener.

Felt for him when he broke his leg and he has never been the same since.

My beef with him when he left was not about the money (be honest - how many have left their jobs for more money) but his comments about playing FINALS football. Well we watched that pay off didn't we.:rolleyes:

Didn't another Nathan as in Buckley say he wanted to win a Flag when he left Brisbane and that never happened either.

The difference is one made the best of it and is now going to be a Senior Coach and the other is still chasing his finals footy.

Well Mr Nathan " I want to play finals footy" Brown - good luck chasing your dream.

LostDoggy
30-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Its Karma!!! He only looked after himself - saw $$$$$$ and enjoys being a pin up boy!!! Don't feel sorry for him at all

KT31
30-08-2009, 11:49 PM
he was a great player

I think a touch overstated.

Mantis
30-08-2009, 11:51 PM

Not really.

He was a damn fine player in his day... We just remember how shit a bloke he is/ was.

Topdog
30-08-2009, 11:56 PM

Not at all. He really was a great player.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Not really.

He was a damn fine player in his day... We just remember how shit a bloke he is/ was.

Thanks Mantis, I didn't think I overstated it. No matter what we think of him as a human being, he was a pretty good footy player!

bulldogtragic
31-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I hope guys like Bobby and Gia who are still mates with him are telling how exciting their lives are. Finals, big wins, new contracts etc.

Something Naf hasn't had for a very long time now.

Bulldog Revolution
31-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Doesn't deserve anymore posts

Water under the bridge - as the saying goes, let bygones (bogans) be bygones (bogans)

Sedat
31-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Not really.

His B&F finishes over the course of his career lead me to personally believe that 'great' is overstating it. Capable of greatness absolutely, a freakish talent no question, but his lack of consistency over the course of a 12 year career leaves him a touch short of the 'great' mark for mine.

comrade
31-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope guys like Bobby and Gia who are still mates with him are telling how exciting their lives are. Finals, big wins, new contracts etc.

Something Naf hasn't had for a very long time now.

"Yeah, well I sold another t-shirt!"

The Coon Dog
31-08-2009, 12:43 PM
"Yeah, well I sold another t-shirt!"

'Did it have a picture of The Beard on it'?

bulldogtragic
31-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Hypothetical... :)

Nathan Brown attends the WO, apologises to Smorgo and says give me the 42nd spot for the minimum wage for a one year deal. His old mates support him. He makes a heartfelt public apology to the dogs faithful and passes a medical. No one else wants him and he is a PSD pick.

Would take him, leave Lynch on the list or take a speculative kid?

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I have to ask the question, why are so many people concerned about Brown? We are in the finals and playing damn good football so are these trips back to darker days necessary?

Right at the moment I'd prefer to be looking ahead.

mighty_west
31-08-2009, 02:13 PM

Nathan Brown attends the WO, apologises to Smorgo and says give me the 42nd spot for the minimum wage for a one year deal. His old mates support him. He makes a heartfelt public apology to the dogs faithful and passes a medical. No one else wants him and he is a PSD pick.

Hell no.

Besides, who's spot in the team is he going to take, remember he is a shadow of his former self, age & shocking injury?

Stick a fork in him, he's done!

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 02:32 PM
He left for the money and now he cops his right whack. Its time now to pack up his 3 wooden spoons and watch the dogs win the flag

Mofra
31-08-2009, 02:35 PM
I have to ask the question, why are so many people concerned about Brown? We are in the finals and playing damn good football so are these trips back to darker days necessary?

Agree. Some of the vitriol is getting to the embarrassing stage.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 02:50 PM

Absolutely agree with this. Hadn't felt the need to comment, but will back this sentiment up.

The final nail in the karma coffin will surely be if we go on to win the flag the same year Browny retires/is delisted AND Wallet's coaching career bites the dust. If it happens, I hope we can all just let go already, and I am talking to myself as much as anyone else!

Desipura
31-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Nathan has had his day, did not quiet work out the way he had planned. I wish him all the best and is welcome back to the club as a former player. We do not want to totally disassociate with him, he did play over 100 games for us afterall ;)

bulldogtragic
31-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Hell no.

Besides, who's spot in the team is he going to take, remember he is a shadow of his former self, age & shocking injury?

Stick a fork in him, he's done!
Same here, but I was fishing to see if anyone would relent (i.e. to see if this hyperboly going on was serious or childish).

But i agree with the sentiments about Karma.

GetDimmaBack
31-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Now that Browny & Wallet are gone, I'm finding it a bit hard to hang on to the anger.

Maybe it's time for us to let go...

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 11:07 PM

I already posed this question a month or so ago.

AndrewP6
31-08-2009, 11:15 PM

No no no no no...content to remember him as a PAST Bulldog player.

angelopetraglia
03-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Should be interesting tonight on the Footy Show.

Nath going one on one with Sam Newman.

comrade
03-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Should be interesting tonight on the Footy Show.

The bolded words really don't belong in the same sentence. :p

angelopetraglia
04-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Well nothing to report. Pretty boring.

Nath asking some amateur questions to Sam, rather than the other way around.

KT31
04-09-2009, 12:25 AM
His B&F finishes over the course of his career lead me to personally believe that 'great' is overstating it. Capable of greatness absolutely, a freakish talent no question, but his lack of consistency over the course of a 12 year career leaves him a touch short of the 'great' mark for mine.

Agree totally.
What he could have been.

comrade
04-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Well nothing to report. Pretty boring.

Nath asking some amateur questions to Sam, rather than the other way around.

Total wank job, if you ask me.

The Coon Dog
04-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Total wank job, if you ask me.

Did you honestly expect anything else?

comrade
04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Did you honestly expect anything else?

Considering the 2 individuals involved, nope.

Stefcep
05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
He only wanted the money!!!!!!!!!!

Why isn't Lake signed up for next season?

Stefcep
05-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Not sure how serious you were being, but everything that has been said about Cousins while he's been at the Tigers has been positive. In terms of his work ethic, and the way he plays the game, they really couldn't ask for a better role model for the younger players.

In regards to Browny, he was one of my favourite players and I was gutted when he left (though too young to understand why). Never liked him since, but it was terrible that his career was destroyed by injury. I hope that he does well after football.

Would've been an elite AFL player if that didn't happen. Sometimes people forget footballers have put in countless hours of hard work and sacrifice to get just a single game, never like to see anyone's career ruined by injury. Fortunately he has a business to fall back on, most wouldn't.

When Wayne Rooney left Everton to play for ManU, and he played his first game against Everton, the supporters had a sign up:" We hate him so much because we loved him so much". Lots of similar passion here for Browny.

Have some great memories of him playing for us, thanks for the memories, all the bes

Topdog
05-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Why isn't Lake signed up for next season?

Because he wants 4 years and the club haven't offered 4.

Sockeye Salmon
05-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Because he wants 4 years and the club haven't offered 4.

The club has in fact offered him 4 years.

Sydney are offering 5 years and a fair bit more per year as well.

5 years for a 27yo with a dodgy hip, you can see why were a bit reluctant.