PDA

View Full Version : Carlton V Adelaide

angelopetraglia
29-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Blues have jumped Crows.

18m 1st Q - Blues 5 goals to Crows 1 goals.

We don't want this to be a one sided contest. Lift Crows.

LostDoggy
29-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Don't know if I should put this in writing but here goes - Come on Crows.

We don't need Carlton to have a big win, too much pressure on us tomorrow. :(

angelopetraglia
29-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Crows have made it a tight game.

36 V 33

25 min 1st Q

Rocco Jones
29-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Don't know if I should put this in writing but here goes - Come on Crows.

We don't need Carlton to have a big win, too much pressure on us tomorrow. :(

A big Adelaide win could put a bit of pressure on us as well (must say I am not too worried either way).

I would like Adelaide to win and Brisbane to win tonight, meaning the Blues have to play the Lions at the GABBA in an EF. If we lose week one, I would much prefer playing the Lions/Crows in a home semi than the Blues.

angelopetraglia
29-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Now 7 goals to 5 goals, still first quarter.

I thought this would be a tight low scoring affair.

12+ goals in a quarter doesn't suggest that. More likely that one team can blow the game apart if goals are coming easy.

Rocco Jones
29-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Now 7 goals to 5 goals, still first quarter.

I thought this would be a tight low scoring affair.

12+ goals in a quarter doesn't suggest that. More likely that one team can blow the game apart if goals are coming easy.

I am looking at it the other way, percentage takes into account how high scoring a game is. A high scoring game can make it difficult to massively boost your percentage.

angelopetraglia
29-08-2009, 05:52 PM
I am looking at it the other way, percentage takes into account how high scoring a game is. A high scoring game can make it difficult to massively boost your percentage.

Agree with your thinking.

But in the last game of the season it hardly matters as you can't make a big dent on the previous 21 games total score.

This was highlighted in how many points the Dogs need to beat the Pies by to get in front of them. It doesn't really change by much if it is a low scoring or high scoring game. Only a single points difference between a high V low scoring game.

Rocco Jones
29-08-2009, 05:58 PM
This was highlighted in how many points the Dogs need to beat the Pies by to get in front of them. It doesn't really change by much if it is a low scoring or high scoring game. Only a single points difference between a high V low scoring game.

That's because it's the same two teams competing in the game mate. High scoring game for Bulldogs obviously means a high scoring game for Pies. If we were playing against different sides it would make a difference i.e. Collingwood being in a a low scoring game last week significantly boosted their percentage.

angelopetraglia
29-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Either way. Hopefully it doesn't matter and the game remains tight.

Going goal for goal at the moment.

Crows lead it by a goal.

Topdog
29-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Crows up by 40 now. Can see them winning by 10+ goals.

bornadog
29-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Either way. Hopefully it doesn't matter and the game remains tight.

Going goal for goal at the moment.

Crows lead it by a goal.

Adelaide now thrashing carlton

angelopetraglia
29-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Crows winning by 39.

On the current results, we would need to lose by approximately 90 points to lose 4th.

NoName
29-08-2009, 07:20 PM
3/4 time and Carlton are getting flogged and Burton has taken MOTY.

Rocco Jones
29-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Crows percentage currently sits at 116.79. Carlton don't have much to play for here as Brisbane's drawn game makes percentage irrelevant in their battle for 6th (unless the Lions have a draw tonight that is!).

A 140-60 loss tomorrow has us falling out of the top four at the moment.