PDA

View Full Version : Jarrad Boumann - future forward option?

mighty_west
31-08-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm sure comrade might have a few things to say in this thread...:)

Having watched a few younger forwards really stamp themselves as strong forwards for the future for various sides, Jesse White at Sydney, Hurley at the Bombers, Tippet at the Crows, Anthony at the Pies, Hawkins at Geelong etc etc.

We have a few younger under developed talls coming through, Grant & Cordy are paper thin, Roughead looks like a player that can go forward & pitch hit, took a ripper of a pack mark last week for Willy, Grant can also take great pack marks but will take time "if he makes it".

Then we have Boumann, i was impressed with his work down back for Willy in last weeks game, he has played alot down back this year, but was recruited as a forward option.

He has the body type that can fill out, big shoulders, could he sneak a few games next year, for those who have seen him play up forward for the Willy ressies, does he have the smarts of a White & Tippett?

Would be great if we can get some games into a young key forward next season.

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I am by no means a Seadogs watcher however I do recall Rocket saying that Jarrad is really rough and comming from a fair way back IIRC.

I think it is really positive for him comming from the Willy Seconds up to the seniors. If he keeps focused on the job at hand and follows instruction as well as putting the results up he will get his shot.

Charlie the Wonder Dog
31-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I thought he was certainly eye catching in the Willy game on Saturday, quick, competitive and looks like he has some mongrel in him.

neodog
31-08-2009, 03:53 PM
mongrel is a prerequisite for any power forward.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Was a very handy u/18 forward. But has got into the 1's as a defender, whilst as a forward was languishing in the 2's. Don't change a winning formula. Move Stevey T forward for mine if needs be.

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Right now he is doing very well as a defender but I think he also has the ability to move between both the forward line and defensive duties. At the moment I'd like to see him master the defenders role.

Sockeye Salmon
31-08-2009, 05:50 PM
He's going to be needed as a defender because in a few years we will be very light on again.

If we lose Lake it might be sooner rather than later.

GVGjr
31-08-2009, 05:52 PM
He's going to be needed as a defender because in a few years we will be very light on again.

All things going well, Boumann would be the ideal candidate to play some NAB cup games next season and set himself up as a viable option to play some senior football.

FrediKanoute
31-08-2009, 10:46 PM

Agree with your point. Without distracting this thread too much, if were Lake to go at the end of the seson is Boumann ready to be thrown into the Doggies side?

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 10:50 PM
If i remember correctly he kicked 7 in a finals game last year and 3 in the granny. I know it was only ressies but could go forward if needed imo. Still needs to fill out though!

Rance Fan
31-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Bring him in to play on Riewoldt if we Saints in the finals i say :)

Sockeye Salmon
01-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Agree with your point. Without distracting this thread too much, if were Lake to go at the end of the seson is Boumann ready to be thrown into the Doggies side?

Rocket said that one of the assistant/development coaches (can't remember who) told him that if necessary Boumann could be brought in now and wouldn't embarass himself.

Dry Rot
01-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Rocket said that one of the assistant/development coaches (can't remember who) told him that if necessary Boumann could be brought in now and wouldn't embarass himself.

My God! Don't tell me we could have a second* real tall defender next year?

Excellent news.

Perhaps we may have a spine of Lake Boumann Hall and Grant by the end of next season?

*I have given up on Williams playing more than 3 games in a row.

Sockeye Salmon
01-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Perhaps we may have a spine of Lake Boumann Hall and Grant by the end of next season?

He also said Grant was another year away from seniors, so maybe not.

GVGjr
02-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Boumann needs to add a bit of size to his frame and he will be physically ready for some senior football. He's come a long way this year.

bulldogsman
02-09-2009, 12:42 PM

I will find it quite unbelievable if Boumann gets to 10 games before Grant. At the start of the season I thought Mulligan would be a better shot. Well done Bou keep it up and thanks for probably proving me wrong.

Sedat
02-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Boumann was selected with the pick we got from North for Sam Power (pick 48). Our work in 2007 trade week, basically exchanging McMahon and Power and bringing in Hudson and Callan, and actually trading our picks up in each round (helping us to secure the likes of Ward, Reid and Wood with picks ahead of other interested clubs) is looking increasingly astute. And if Grant comes good as we all hope he can, we've got a potential 1999-style draft haul on our hands. Hell, even that O'Keefe chap has shown a bit at VFL level :)

Cyberdoggie
02-09-2009, 02:25 PM
All things going well, Boumann would be the ideal candidate to play some NAB cup games next season and set himself up as a viable option to play some senior football.

He's had a good solid year of improvement and consistency.

If i was Tom Williams i'd be a little bit worried as I think Bouman may be able to fill his role before too long.

Cyberdoggie
02-09-2009, 02:28 PM

Yeah Grant is a very long way away at this rate.

He's gone backwards this year and seems to have lost his confidence.

He desperately needs to put on some size and strength and a big improvement in his fitness this summer,
If he doesn't it could be another long season for him.

Dry Rot
03-09-2009, 12:23 AM
He's had a good solid year of improvement and consistency.

If i was Tom Williams i'd be a little bit worried as I think Bouman may be able to fill his role before too long.

Yes, I was thinking that until I realised that someone had slipped me some weird drugs.

In over ten years of supporting the Dogs, I can't recall the possibility of real competition for a tall CHB!

azabob
03-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Boumann needs to add a bit of size to his frame and he will be physically ready for some senior football. He's come a long way this year.

To me at least Boumann looks like he has the physique which will fill out in a year or so.

GVGjr
03-09-2009, 09:56 PM
To me at least Boumann looks like he has the physique which will fill out in a year or so.

No question about that. He will need to do the work though