PDA

View Full Version : Footy Tipping

AndrewP6
31-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Not related to the WOOF tipping comp, but just wanted to do a bit of bragging... I'm in a comp at my school, on the Vic Teachers Credit Union site... and after the Dogs great win yesterday, I WON!!!!! I won by just one point... it was close at my school, with only 3 points separating the top seven people. AND I WON!!! Now, to congratulate me, form an orderly queue on the left.... :D

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Yes, well done.
I suppose if the dogs had a crap year, you would of lost yeah? lol

AndrewP6
31-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Yes, well done.
I suppose if the dogs had a crap year, you would of lost yeah? lol

yep that's about right... and I've had a few of those! Always tip Dogs... last time I went against them, in about 2003, they got up and won in an upset... learnt my lesson that day!

The Coon Dog
31-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Congrats AP6. I generally suck at footy tipping; get too many of the 50-50 ones wrong.

A guy who lives near me was level going into the last round level in the pub tipping comp. $1,800 up for grabs. He took a one point lead when Adelaide won, fell level again when North got up & it all came down to Super Sunday for him. Both had St.Kilda & he took the Western Bulldogs & the other bloke took Collingwood!

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Mmm, i find it extremely hard to tip against my team..
Am i the only one? haha

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Am i the only one? haha

Havent tipped against them since the Essendon/Bulldogs clash RD21, 2000. :o

What did you score Andrew?

I came first in a comp of 9 mates on 128 tips. 4 ahead of 2 people tied for 2nd.

mighty_west
31-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Am i the only one? haha

Nah i do as well, but thats because i think we'll win every game anyway whoever we play.

Well done AndrewP6, i hear Paul Collingwood is sending you over his MBE as we speak for your efforts..:D

AndrewP6
31-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Havent tipped against them since the Essendon/Bulldogs clash RD21, 2000. :o

What did you score Andrew?

I came first in a comp of 9 mates on 128 tips. 4 ahead of 2 people tied for 2nd.

124... glad you're not in my comp, I'd have run equal 2nd!:)

Two people tied in ours for second, and three people for third... talk about a close call!

AndrewP6
31-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Well done AndrewP6, i hear Paul Collingwood is sending you over his MBE as we speak for your efforts..:D

HAHA...due to his surname, am I allowed to flip the bird??

LostDoggy
31-08-2009, 10:16 PM
You are ranked 1,704 out of 172,758 tippers in the 2009 AFL home and away season.

That was on afl.footytips.com.au

Not bad :D

OLD SCRAGGer
01-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Not related to the WOOF tipping comp, but just wanted to do a bit of bragging... I'm in a comp at my school, on the Vic Teachers Credit Union site... and after the Dogs great win yesterday, I WON!!!!! I won by just one point... it was close at my school, with only 3 points separating the top seven people. AND I WON!!! Now, to congratulate me, form an orderly queue on the left.... :D

OK, since we're doing the self congraulations, I WON the SUPER COACH comp I was in, all after losing first 4 weeks, very happy with myself I am:D:)

The Underdog
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
The Dogs win put me into equal first in my footy tipping comp on 125.
We tip over the finals though so it's not over yet. I caught up 2 in the last round.

strebla
01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Out of 17,742 on triple m i came 60th posistion with 129 tips for the year not a bad result

LostDoggy
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I won equal second within the BHP tipping comp with 128 tips and scored myself $820. The dogs did the trick for me, and like all others I can never tip against them. Im trying to get the wife to sign-off the permission slip for me to spend my winnings on a flight over from Perth for one of the finals games, any suggestions......

aker39
01-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I won equal second within the BHP tipping comp with 128 tips and scored myself $820. The dogs did the trick for me, and like all others I can never tip against them. Im trying to get the wife to sign-off the permission slip for me to spend my winnings on a flight over from Perth for one of the finals games, any suggestions......

You said it yourself, the dogs won you the money, so it's only reasonable that you spend the money on the dogs.

If we win this week, I'd book to fly over for the prelim. That way you will be booking 2 weeks out from the flight and you may get a "reasonably" priced flight.

Scraggers
01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
As you all know, I won the WOOF footy tipping with 130 :D

I also won the West Aust. Bulldogs Supporters tipping (well I assume I did ... I'm leading it by two but I haven't heard anything as yet)

I also won my school's tipping

and my Principal's collegiate group tipping

Not a bad season's work really ;)

LostDoggy
01-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Congrats Andrew P6! I don't do footy tipping, I found it was just like throwing money away (not much of a gambler ;))

BornInDroopSt'54
01-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah Andrew I was equal winner at my school too, with 127. Another teacher picked 8 in the final round to draw abreast of me! The winnings will pay for a finals ticket.
I only picked against the doggies a couple of times, and got it right on those occasions as well as against Geelong and Collingwood.
What's my tip for the big one??....

I can see Bradley raising the cup with his broad smile and mass hysteria amongst the
Bulldogs faithfull.

AndrewP6
01-09-2009, 06:23 PM
OK, since we're doing the self congraulations, I WON the SUPER COACH comp I was in, all after losing first 4 weeks, very happy with myself I am:D:)

Nice work... prizemoney?

OLD SCRAGGer
03-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Unfortuneatly, no prize money involved:mad:

G-Mo77
03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I won the tipping contest at work with 129. I think I was 2nd in the WOOF one.

Also won Supercoach for the first time and in all 3 leagues I was in. Yes I was in a WOOF league, I think it wa sthe first one created.

Sockeye Salmon
03-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Also won Supercoach for the first time and in all 3 leagues I was in. Yes I was in a WOOF league, I think it wa sthe first one created.

I lost my Supercoach grand final to Kevin Sheedy by 5 points. Lance Franklin cost me the premiership!

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I came equal second after not being in the top 3 for the entire season basically- thanks to the Dogs, Bombers and Adelaide in the last round. Like most people I never tip against the Dogs, although if I did they'd probably win, which wouldn't be bad.