PDA

View Full Version : Chances of a GF Ticket

LostDoggy
02-09-2009, 11:20 PM
I hold an 11 game membership but have no social club membership. So I'm assuming I will be a Priority 2 member when registering for GF tickets if we win this week. Does the registering process work by a first in best dressed system? For example, if we win the first final against the Cats on the registration date priority 1 members can register in the morning until 2pm and then priority 2 members can register from 3pm onward. What do you guys think my chances would be? Does the club give away its premium seats first, then prime etc..? So that means if anything is left once they get to priority 2 members, you'd think that there'd be only standing tickets available?

So if we made the GF and I didn't get tickets through the club what would be my other options? eBay?

The Coon Dog
02-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Can't you still upgrade your membership to Social Club for $145 to guarantee a GF ticket? Aker39, you'd know the answer.

You might find what you're looking for here Arkie:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Finals%202009/tabid/14696/default.aspx

LostDoggy
02-09-2009, 11:33 PM
That's nearly $300 to pay without even knowing we have made it though. It's quite a bit of money to pay for me on top of the tickets for the GF. :(

BulldogBelle
02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
l would be calling the club tomorrow and getting a Social Club membership if you still can.

Without one you will have Buckley's at getting GF ticket.

BulldogBelle
02-09-2009, 11:36 PM
That's nearly $300 to pay without even knowing we have made it though. It's quite a bit of money to pay for me on top of the tickets for the GF. :(

Thats your only option.

LostDoggy
02-09-2009, 11:40 PM
ebay tickets will be stupid prices, and could even be cancelled?? im not sure how the scalper thing works................ social club i recken, $300 small price if by chance.....................................

LostDoggy
02-09-2009, 11:46 PM
You'd wanna do it fast or you'll regret not doing it at all..

LostDoggy
02-09-2009, 11:48 PM
If priority 2 members have no chance why do they give us an opportunity to register?

I'll probably call the club tomorrow and see if social club memberships are still available.

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 01:41 AM
So I've been doing some reading of how this will work. People who are priority 1 members will go in a ballot system to determine the order of the tickets. So I'm guessing those who are chosen first will get premium seats etc... For priority 2 members the ballot system determines who will be successful to obtain a GF ticket and then the order of the tickets. By reading the FAQ section it also says that to guarantee GF tickets you must have upgraded to social club membership by the 30th of June. So I'm assuming if I upgraded now I'm guaranteed nothing and would be wasting money.

This below is from the FAQ section of the dogs site.

Unless our guaranteed access ticket quota is exhausted, there will only be a limited number of tickets available to members who have not upgraded to a Full or Premiership member package.

The likely scenario is that 18,000 members will be trying to get access to less than 1,000 tickets.

FrediKanoute
03-09-2009, 03:58 AM
Have they posted details of when the registration process is? Am not in Australia so have some difficulties reading mail which my folks get on my behalf!

Topdog
03-09-2009, 09:22 AM
You can't but social club tickets anymore. Cutoff was Friday night (ie. b4 round 22)

aker39
03-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Can't you still upgrade your membership to Social Club for $145 to guarantee a GF ticket? Aker39, you'd know the answer.

You can't but social club tickets anymore. Cutoff was Friday night (ie. b4 round 22)

Too late now.

It's not like people haven't had plenty of warning.

aker39
03-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Have they posted details of when the registration process is? Am not in Australia so have some difficulties reading mail which my folks get on my behalf!

They arrived in the post yesterday.

Here is a copy of the letter.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Portals/0/bulldogs_docs/Sample.pdf

G-Mo77
03-09-2009, 11:33 AM

I haven't recived anything about it :confused: :(

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
By reading the FAQ section it also says that to guarantee GF tickets you must have upgraded to social club membership by the 30th of June. So I'm assuming if I upgraded now I'm guaranteed nothing and would be wasting money.

Arkie i upgraded to social club membership after the 30th of June, and when i spoke
to the club on the phone they said it still guarantee's you a GF ticket..:confused:

The Coon Dog
03-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Arkie i upgraded to social club membership after the 30th of June, and when i spoke
to the club on the phone they said it still guarantee's you a GF ticket..:confused:
I think the 30th June can be extended up to a point when there are 10,000 Social Club members.

FrediKanoute
04-09-2009, 01:40 AM

Thanks a heap! m Have email the folks to ask them to scan me a copy of the membership card........I am coming home if the doggies make the GF!

bornadog
04-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks a heap! m Have email the folks to ask them to scan me a copy of the membership card........I am coming home if the doggies make the GF!

Book your flights;)

strebla
04-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know how many social club members we have???

LostDoggy
04-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know how many social club members we have???

I'd assume close to 10,000.

Remi Moses
05-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Gotta question whether or not you can purchase 8 tix with priority 1 access? Can I buy tix for priority 2 members ?