PDA

View Full Version : Grand Final Ticket Registration

The Coon Dog
03-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Grand Final Ticket Registration (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/83985/default.aspx)

The 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final is fast approaching and the Western Bulldogs are ready and waiting for the action, are you?

Members must register their intention to purchase a Grand Final ticket during an exclusive registration period. If members do not register, they will not be able to purchase a Grand Final ticket as there will be no over the counter sales.

Click to read the article off the club's website... (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/83985/default.aspx)

Cyberdoggie
03-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Ok so i'm a little confused.

They want us to register our interest before we know if we are even in the GF?

i'm assuming this will also cost us $ ?

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Bottom of the page:

All members must register via Ticketmaster’s automated phone service on 1300 799 753 or via the internet www.ticketmaster.com.au. There will be a registration charge of $5.00 per barcode registered.

Does that mean we pay $5.00 up front at time of registration, even if you don't end up buying a GF ticket? Can't remember registering last year...

Edit: Thanks for the link to last year's thread TCD, got my answers :)

Cyberdoggie
03-09-2009, 03:48 PM
They should give us a refund if we don't make it. :cool:

aker39
03-09-2009, 04:51 PM
i'm assuming this will also cost us $ ?

Yes, $5 per person.

The Adelaide Connection
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Yes, $5 per person.

Admin fee apparently. From memory you register when your club hits the prelim.

Some quick maths says:

4 Clubs x 10,000 category 1 members(?) x $5 per head = $200k

Do all members register their interest or just the category 1? If it is all, then we are looking at a figure closer to $800k. Scandalous.

G-Mo77
03-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah they rip you off but it's a small fee for something I would give the Earth to see.

Topdog
03-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah they rip you off but it's a small fee for something I would give the Earth to see.

Small fee for each user means massive gain for them. It should be illegal to do what they do.

But yes I will gladly pay a $50 booking fee let alone a $5 one if we make it.

Cyberdoggie
03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
$5 admin fee is a joke,

* computers do all the work
* they make us print out our own tickets

so what expense do they have?

We are already spending a fortune on the dodgy seating arrangements at "the peoples ground!"

They structure it so that there is barely no "standard" priced seating and the seats are awful. So they force you to upgrade to premium because prime aren't much better.

I bet there is more Premium seats than Standard in the ground. That's like filling an aircraft full of 1st class with 4 seats up the back for economy!

Sockeye Salmon
03-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I bet there is more Premium seats than Standard in the ground. That's like filling an aircraft full of 1st class with 4 seats up the back for economy!

Mostly it's moving the "Economy Seats After This Row" sign 30 rows further down the plane and charging 1st class prices.

It's not as if the plane is full of 1st class seats.

Topdog
03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
$5 admin fee is a joke,

* computers do all the work
* they make us print out our own tickets

No to print out your own ticket you will have to pay a further $4.95

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Admin fee apparently. From memory you register when your club hits the prelim.

Some quick maths says:

4 Clubs x 10,000 category 1 members(?) x $5 per head = $200k

Do all members register their interest or just the category 1? If it is all, then we are looking at a figure closer to $800k. Scandalous.

All members. I'm not in the social club so I'll be registering and probably wont get a ticket if we make the GF. So a figure closer to $800k is the correct one ;)

craigsahibee
06-09-2009, 07:08 PM
It's been the same system since at least 2006. It's been well publicized since that time. If you're not a social club member (at the least) good luck. A $5 registration fee even if we don't make it is a worthwhile investment.

And yes, if 4 clubs register at an average of 10k per club and $5 per registration, thats $200k into the pockets of the ticketing agency. Welcome to capitalism.

bornadog
07-09-2009, 01:46 PM
We are now under Scenario 2 ie:

Priority one

If the Western Bulldogs LOSE their Qualifying Final in week 1 of the 2009 AFL Finals Series against Geelong, registrations will take place on Thursday 17th September between 8.00am and 2.00pm.

Priority Two

If the Western Bulldogs LOSE their Qualifying Final in week 1 of the 2009 AFL Finals Series against Geelong, registrations will take place on Thursday 17th September between 3.00pm and 11.00pm.

AndrewP6
09-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Anyone know what I can do if I can't find that letter they sent? Can I get a replacement sent from the club, so I can register for the big IF...

The Coon Dog
09-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Anyone know what I can do if I can't find that letter they sent? Can I get a replacement sent from the club, so I can register for the big IF...

Probably don't really need the letter. If we win, contact Ticketek next Thursday & have your barcode handy (its on your membership card).

AndrewP6
09-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Probably don't really need the letter. If we win, contact Ticketek next Thursday & have your barcode handy (its on your membership card).

Oh, the barcode on the letter is the same as our card? (No, I didn't read the letter that closely! - blowing the rep for all teachers here, aren't I? :)) That's cool then, thanks heaps TCD!

Rocco Jones
09-09-2009, 10:43 PM

They must have forgotten to send my letter again because I am an AFLM (that was their reason last time). I got nervous when I read Andrew's post, thanks for clarifying TCD.

LostDoggy
12-09-2009, 02:18 AM
I was at the game tonight. Before it's about to start I get a call and it's the club. It was about some raffle? Then the lady said 'Have I called you at a bad time? Would you like me to call you back?'. WELL DUHHHH! I'M AT THE FREAKIN' GAME!

LostDoggy
12-09-2009, 11:31 AM
I was at the game tonight. Before it's about to start I get a call and it's the club. It was about some raffle? Then the lady said 'Have I called you at a bad time? Would you like me to call you back?'. WELL DUHHHH! I'M AT THE FREAKIN' GAME!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! HELLO DICKHEAD!!

That's hilarious. :D

OLD SCRAGGer
12-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Hey Barry, Think you meant to say "contact Ticketmaster " next thursday, they are taking ALL Grand Final registrations. At least that's what my letter says!!!:confused:

LostDoggy
12-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey, does anyone know if it matters whether you've got gold, silver or bronze seating with social club (priority one) as to the quality of seats we may get if we make it? Eg, I've got bronze but can I register with friends who have silver or gold? Will that give them worse seating or are we all the same if in priority one? I'm thinking I may have to ring the club on Monday. :confused:

cede nullis
13-09-2009, 08:00 PM
If you read the entire paperwork, there is some confusion. It speaks of ticketmaster and of Ticketek being involved. I think it is a typo but they have certainly mixed up their agancies within the document sent to members with priority access to GF tickets

AndrewP6
13-09-2009, 08:48 PM
If you read the entire paperwork, there is some confusion. It speaks of ticketmaster and of Ticketek being involved. I think it is a typo but they have certainly mixed up their agancies within the document sent to members with priority access to GF tickets

Remarkably I found said letter... and yes it does refer to both Ticketek and Ticketmaster.... as Alice would say "Curiouser and curiouser"...

Rocco Jones
13-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Could someone do me a massive favour and confirm one way or another whether the number they give you in the letter is the same as your membership barcode? I am an AFL member and they haven't sent me the letter again!

Rocco Jones
13-09-2009, 09:17 PM
All good, had it confirmed!

Rocco Jones
13-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes it is the same number.

Yep thanks heaps TCD! (again) I know you you said it earlier but my partner's nan (a Bulldogs member) was saying they are different. We got the numbers and found out they are the same. Last time I believe Mog/doubt TCD on a Bulldogs admin issue.

The Coon Dog
13-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Yep thanks heaps TCD! (again) I know you you said it earlier but my partner's nan (a Bulldogs member) was saying they are different. We got the numbers and found out they are the same. Last time I believe Mog/doubt TCD on a Bulldogs admin issue.

Its just such an important matter that you cannot afford to get it wrong. I'd rather ask 30 times & get it right than the alternative.

Rocco Jones
13-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Its just such an important matter that you cannot afford to get it wrong. I'd rather ask 30 times & get it right than the alternative.

Totally.

aker39
13-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Just to clarify things, as TCD said it is very important that you register properly, because even though you are guaranteed a ticket, if you don't register, you don't get a ticket.

YOU REGISTER YOUR BARCODE NUMBERS THROUGH TICKETMASTER. YES TICKETMASTER.

YOU COLLECT YOUR TICKETS AT TICKETEK.

The AFL has probably made the decision to stick with Ticketmaster for the registration process, as the system has been in place for a few years and worked ok.

Ticketek is the ticket agent for MCG, so they are the ones that will be issuing the tickets.

PS - I know a St Kilda social club member who forgot to register by 12.00pm last Wednesday. They remembered at 2.00pm. 2 hours too late. The had to register with the priority 2 members and are now in the ballot with 25,000 members. He contected the club and they said there is nothing they can do about. You have been warned. Set 2 alarms, use 10 post it notes, just don't forget.

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm not a social club member and would be registering as a Priority 2. What date and time am I supposed to do this?

aker39
14-09-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm not a social club member and would be registering as a Priority 2. What date and time am I supposed to do this?

Read the letter or click on the link in the opening post.

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Was the WB vs Brisbane Semi Final 1 or 2?

The Bulldog magazine says registrations will be Wednesday the 16th for Semi Final 1 and Thursday the 17th for Semi Final 2. I can't find my letter! The magazine doesn't display the scheduled times either. I'll have a more detail look for it tomorrow I guess.

Does anyone know for Priority 2 members registrations how many people would go in the ballot and how many tickets would be available? Who determines the amount of tickets? It seems really unfair.

AndrewP6
14-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Was the WB vs Brisbane Semi Final 1 or 2?

The Bulldog magazine says registrations will be Wednesday the 16th for Semi Final 1 and Thursday the 17th for Semi Final 2. I can't find my letter! The magazine doesn't display the scheduled times either. I'll have a more detail look for it tomorrow I guess.

Does anyone know for Priority 2 members registrations how many people would go in the ballot and how many tickets would be available? Who determines the amount of tickets? It seems really unfair.

My letter (which I found!) says for Priority 2 members, if the WB lose their qualifying final in Week 1, and then win their semifinal in week 2, registrations will take place Thursday September 17 between 3pm and 11pm.

Not sure about numbers of people in the ballot

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 11:01 PM
So if we don't win the prelim are we able to still get tickets to the GF from this registration process. Is that how it works? Because I read that each club in the AFL is given a number of tickets for the GF so do all members of all clubs get an opportunity?

AndrewP6
15-09-2009, 11:08 PM
So if we don't win the prelim are we able to still get tickets to the GF from this registration process. Is that how it works? Because I read that each club in the AFL is given a number of tickets for the GF so do all members of all clubs get an opportunity?

no I think it's only if we are a competing club...

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 11:10 PM
So then why are all clubs given tickets?

The whole thing is just corporate greed. Even these $5 registration fees. What a joke.

AndrewP6
15-09-2009, 11:20 PM

The whole thing is just corporate greed. Even these $5 registration fees. What a joke.

Don't shoot the messenger! :)
I think (and could be wrong) that the tickets are "set aside", so to speak, for clubs. So they're not actually given to the members/clubs. Once the competing teams are decided, those who have registered can purchase them. I think that's how it works.

Sockeye Salmon
15-09-2009, 11:50 PM

Each club gets 1000 tickets for corporates. The clubs package them up and make a killing out of them.

The Coon Dog
16-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Any wonder I was confused with regard to the Ticket/Tickemaster thing.

Had another read of the letter this morning. On the back page there is a section entitled: Booking Guide - Internet.

It says:

Log onto www.ticketmaster.com.au & select the Western Bulldogs Grand Final Registration icon.

Step 1: Log onto My Ticketek Account!!!:eek:

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 10:43 AM

No, we can only get tickets if the Bulldogs make it. Let's hope we don't waste our $5 this year!! :rolleyes:

Throughandthrough
16-09-2009, 11:37 AM
NB for those complaining about the $5 fee, the Crows charge was $10

Topdog
16-09-2009, 12:03 PM
The cats was $3.50

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Re confusion as to which ticket agency is handling this. Just checking things out before tomorrows registration. I've just been on Ticketmaster.com - nothing. Then went onto Ticketek.com. Collingwood's registration is today, and there's a big link on the homepage to it, so I'm assuming when we go on to TICKETEK tomorrow there'll be the Bulldogs link. Good luck everyone!! :)

PS: $5 is still a rip off!! ;)

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Re confusion as to which ticket agency is handling this. Just checking things out before tomorrows registration. I've just been on Ticketmaster.com - nothing. Then went onto Ticketek.com. Collingwood's registration is today, and there's a big link on the homepage to it, so I'm assuming when we go on to TICKETEK tomorrow there'll be the Bulldogs link. Good luck everyone!! :)

I thought we need to register via ticketmaster, not ticketek. That's what the letter says.

aker39
16-09-2009, 01:49 PM

If you go to Ticketek to register Suz, you'll be disappointed.

As I posted above, you register on Ticketmaster, you collect your tickets at Ticketek.

I know Collingwood are registering through Ticketek, but we, (along with Geelong & StKilda last week) are registering through ticketmaster

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 03:08 PM

As I posted above, you register on Ticketmaster, you collect your tickets at Ticketek.

I know Collingwood are registering through Ticketek, but we, (along with Geelong & StKilda last week) are registering through ticketmaster

Thanks for the heads up!! Because I couldn't find anything on Ticketmaster, and found Collingwoods on Ticketek, I thought that was it. How bloody confusing!! Why have two different agencies for the same thing? :rolleyes:

comrade
16-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Can I register 2 bar codes (mine and the darl's) on the one Ticketmaster account?

aker39
16-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Can I register 2 bar codes (mine and the darl's) on the one Ticketmaster account?

Yes, you can register up to 8.

comrade
16-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Yes, you can register up to 8.

Ripper.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The Underdog
16-09-2009, 04:04 PM

It's not because our home grounds are Ticketmaster venues or some wierd unrelated crap like that. It's the only reason I can think of.
Or else it's just to appease Ticketmaster.

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 04:35 PM
It's not because our home grounds are Ticketmaster venues or some wierd unrelated crap like that. It's the only reason I can think of.
Or else it's just to appease Ticketmaster.

Or just to confuse everybody & give us something to talk about on WOOF!! ;)

Just got a text from the Western Bulldogs. In case there was any doubt at all - TICKETMASTER. ;)

Rocco Jones
16-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I have a couple of questions that I would love answered if anyone is in the know (cough*TCD*cough):)

1: Once we have registered, are we randomly allocated our seats or do we have to actually go through another booking process?

2: Looks like I will be booking massive seats with Social Club members who do not have a reserved seat but are still Priority 1. Are all priority 1 members considered equal this year (last year they had 1A and 1B) or will I go down to their place in pecking order?

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I have a couple of questions that I would love answered if anyone is in the know (cough*TCD*cough):)

1: Once we have registered, are we randomly allocated our seats or do we have to actually go through another booking process?

2: Looks like I will be booking massive seats with Social Club members who do not have a reserved seat but are still Priority 1. Are all priority 1 members considered equal this year (last year they had 1A and 1B) or will I go down to their place in pecking order?

Not sure if this is useful, but these paragraphs are from the WB registration info letter:

* There will be no option to choose seats, tickets will be allocated on a best available basis from the highest price seating through to the lowest price. When registering, members can elect to accept standing room should these be the only tickets available. This applies to all barcodes registered in the transaction. Members who are mobility impaired and requiring special access ie wheelchair and companion card holders should indicate this at the appropriate time during registration A WB representative will then call you to confirm requirements.

*A supervised random computer ballot based on registrations will be carried out by Ticketmaster should the WB qualify for the GF. For those in Priority Group 1, this will determine the order of allocating tickets - registered members in this group are guaranteed a ticket. For Priority Group 2 members, this will decide a) who is successful, and b) the order in which tickets will be allocated.

* Should the WB win their Prelim Final, Ticketek will process your registration and debit your credit card within 24 hours of completion of the Prelim Final.

bornadog
16-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Not sure if this is useful, but these paragraphs are from the WB registration info letter:

* There will be no option to choose seats, tickets will be allocated on a best available basis from the highest price seating through to the lowest price. When registering, members can elect to accept standing room should these be the only tickets available. This applies to all barcodes registered in the transaction. Members who are mobility impaired and requiring special access ie wheelchair and companion card holders should indicate this at the appropriate time during registration A WB representative will then call you to confirm requirements.

*A supervised random computer ballot based on registrations will be carried out by Ticketmaster should the WB qualify for the GF. For those in Priority Group 1, this will determine the order of allocating tickets - registered members in this group are guaranteed a ticket. For Priority Group 2 members, this will decide a) who is successful, and b) the order in which tickets will be allocated.

* Should the WB win their Prelim Final, Ticketek will process your registration and debit your credit card within 24 hours of completion of the Prelim Final.

My letter says tickmaster?

So if you register early, do you get better seats, or is it all random?

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 06:57 PM
My letter says random ballot will be carried out by Ticketmaster and that Ticketek will then process registration and debit the credit cards (for the GF tickets when we make it).

Rocco Jones
16-09-2009, 06:57 PM

Thanks heaps!

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I bought a social club membership late in the piece, but before the cut-off (yes I panicked). My GF info sheet still calls me a Priority 2 member, though social club now makes me a priority 1.

Geez I hope the club processed that...:)

Bank says they took the cash... That's a plus.

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 07:34 PM
I see the notional GF ticket allocation is on the website. What does that mean -- 'members: 40'. ?

aker39
17-09-2009, 09:06 AM
I bought a social club membership late in the piece, but before the cut-off (yes I panicked). My GF info sheet still calls me a Priority 2 member, though social club now makes me a priority 1.

I'd suggest you give the club a call this morning to make sure that the barcode you have is noted as a priority 1 member.

The Coon Dog
17-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Anyone got through on the Ticketmaster website yet?

I keep getting this:

The event you are trying to access is either not available or not on sale.

Please check event details

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I keep getting the same message TCD. :(

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 09:12 AM
What a surprise. The web site doesn't work and the phone number is engaged.

Max469
17-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Glad it is just not me.

Phone stuck in Queue.

Major meltdown.

Topdog
17-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Good work ticketmaster.

The Pie Man
17-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Glad (well that's probably not the right word) it's not just me

This both sucks and blows

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Can't get through on phone. Queuing, allegedly, on the net.

aker39
17-09-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm in

aker39
17-09-2009, 09:31 AM

I did a little test for you.

I entered my daughters barcode (she is priority 2) and it brings up the message Membership Not Entitled To Upgrade Membership.

So if it accepts your barcode, your priority 1, if it doesn't I'd be calling the club ASAP.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I just completed mine.

The Coon Dog
Phew!!

I'm registered, now COME ON DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!!

LostDoggy
I'm in

Me too - answered straight away

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Done (via phone).

The Coon Dog
17-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Me too - answered straight away

They must have known who was ringing! ;)

Throughandthrough
17-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Done

But surprised at no choice of seating, just went for best available

Was happy to go Premium if offered.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Got through on the net. Is it usual to only be able to collect tickets from outlets and not have them emailed?

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Done via phone. Net still queuing. Go dogs!

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 09:43 AM
In the event we are there do we get a choice of where we sit? Or is it just allocated. Looking at the leaflet they allocate tickets to you and if you don't have the cash on your Credit Card you will be contacted by the club on Saturday and if payment is not received by 5 pm saturday you miss out. So to be sure, the way I read it, make sure you have $245.00 x amount of membership registard to prevent any issues arising.

comrade
17-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Got through via the website.

Go Doggies!

Max469
Phew!!

I'm registered, now COME ON DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!!

yippee me too

The Pie Man
Also got through on the phone, and now see it's up on the website as well - would have preferred the web option (voice recording my email address with an 'n' in it makes me nervous) but I'm sure it's fine.

OLD SCRAGGer
17-09-2009, 09:49 AM
WHEW, got in. Now I can stop panicing, atleast until tomorrow night:D PLEASE DOGGIES!!

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Done by phone - was quicker

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Done.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Just registerded on the internet - no problems, except I'm so nervous I think I checked the barcodes around 10 times before pressing "enter". They all seemed to work, so now it's up to the boys to do their bit. GO DOGGIES!!!!!!!! :D

cinder
17-09-2009, 10:39 AM
I knew this would happen to me! It crashed right on submitting my CC information ... just like Coon Dog's 'what if' thread!
Going to call them ...

It worked by phone. Just to make sure I tried re-doing it online: 'Barcode no. xxx is Barcode Already Retired'

BulldogBelle
17-09-2009, 11:10 AM
The website did not work for me.

I got to this page:

AFL
Western Bulldogs Grand Final Registration - Priority 1 members

Tickets

View: List View Calendar View
Victoria/Tasmania (1)
• Sep •
Sat

Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)Jolimont, VIC
02:40 PM
Western Bulldogs Grand Final Registration - Priority 1 members Find Tickets »
There are no matching events in Victoria/Tasmania.
Australia
Dates Scheduled in Other Countries
Results 1-1 of 1

There were a few spots to click on but the best I got was:

"We are redirecting you to our members site, where you will be able to purchase tickets. "
Then it just goes nowhere.

So I registered on the phone. Got through straight away.

Throughandthrough
17-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Just registerded on the internet - no problems, except I'm so nervous I think I checked the barcodes around 10 times before pressing "enter". They all seemed to work, so now it's up to the boys to do their bit. GO DOGGIES!!!!!!!! :D

Only 10?

I was at least 12 :)

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 11:39 AM
you've got me nervous now. I initially didnt choose the best seat including standing room option for some reason at start, so cancelled near end and started again. I would happily stand one one leg all game to be there if we make it so no worries if i get standing room - better than nothing

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 12:04 PM
you've got me nervous now. I initially didnt choose the best seat including standing room option for some reason at start, so cancelled near end and started again. I would happily stand one one leg all game to be there if we make it so no worries if i get standing room - better than nothing

I spoke to Ticketmaster and they said it automatically defaults to best available so fear not. Elephant man.

aker39
17-09-2009, 12:14 PM
All priority 1 members will get a seat.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 01:02 PM
All priority 1 members will get a seat.

Hope so!! I don't want standing room, so didn't tick that option. Some of our group can't stand for that long, or are too short to see!! ;)

aker39
17-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Hope so!!

I spoke to the club yesterday because I have some kids in my group.

They confirmed that all priority 1 members will get a seat.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Locked and Loaded, now we just wait to see if the doggies deliver

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Just registered as a Priority 2 member for me and my dad. Fingers crossed.

I selected best available tickets. I don't care if they are standing!

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Just registered as a Priority 2 member for me and my dad. Fingers crossed.

I selected best available tickets. I don't care if they are standing!

Good luck!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you & your Dad!! :)

AndrewP6
17-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Got into work a touch earlier than usual to get rego done... tried website, but got nowhere fast... rang through and they answered almost immediately. Got it done in 5 or so minutes... now for the small matter of winning tomorrow night...

cinder
17-09-2009, 11:28 PM
'now for the small matter of winning tomorrow night... '

Oh, that!!!

AndrewP6
17-09-2009, 11:30 PM
'now for the small matter of winning tomorrow night... '

Oh, that!!!

Said with tongue planted firmly in cheek...

jitboy
18-09-2009, 01:19 AM
In the event we are there do we get a choice of where we sit? Or is it just allocated. Looking at the leaflet they allocate tickets to you and if you don't have the cash on your Credit Card you will be contacted by the club on Saturday and if payment is not received by 5 pm saturday you miss out. So to be sure, the way I read it, make sure you have $245.00 x amount of membership registard to prevent any issues arising.

Thanks Muttley, found this post extremely helpful. Managed to register and all that jazz without a hitch for 3 social club members today. But you're right ... I don't have 3 x $245 left on my credit card!!! Just did a quick bpay to the damn bank, now I just need to pray that the doggies spank the saints, and the blardy banks do their job. :eek:

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 01:25 AM
So if we are successful on Friday as a Priority 2 member if I get lucky, when do they charge the credit card? I might be near my limit because of all the other ticket costs from the finals...

The Coon Dog
18-09-2009, 04:16 AM
So if we are successful on Friday as a Priority 2 member if I get lucky, when do they charge the credit card? I might be near my limit because of all the other ticket costs from the finals...

Within 24 hours of completion of the Prelim Final.

Source (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Portals/0/bulldogs_docs/Sample.pdf)

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Baz are you gonna make it through to the end tonight? make sure the coon dogette drives you home just to be safe.

The Coon Dog
18-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Baz are you gonna make it through to the end tonight? make sure the coon dogette drives you home just to be safe.
Actually getting a lift in with 'The Dogs Bollocks', so that is one less stress.

Axe Man
18-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Good news for priority 2 members - you have a 2 in 3 chance of getting grand final tickets if we win tonight:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/84935/default.aspx

Much better odds than I would have expected. I'm a priority 1, but good luck to all you priority 2 members if we get through tonight.

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Good news for priority 2 members - you have a 2 in 3 chance of getting grand final tickets if we win tonight:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/84935/default.aspx

Much better odds than I would have expected. I'm a priority 1, but good luck to all you priority 2 members if we get through tonight.

Wow, that sounds really good now. Maybe a lot of people who are Priority 2 didn't register! :cool:

aker39
18-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow, that sounds really good now. Maybe a lot of people who are Priority 2 didn't register! :cool:

I can't believe that. People must have thought they had no chance, so decided to save their $5.

Good luck to those priority 2 that did register.

Topdog
18-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Excellent stuff. The $5 risk is worth the 1/6 chance (remembering that the Bulldogs have to win)

jitboy
18-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Just called ticketmaster and the club about the credit card issues. They said that if there are any failed payments for GF tickets Ticketek will call on Sunday morning to arrange payment.

cambo
18-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Thank you to all members who registered their interest in purchasing a Grand Final ticket during yesterday’s exclusive Grand Final registration period.

All Priority One (1) members who registered correctly between 8.00am and 2.00pm have now been guaranteed a seated ticket to the 2009 Toyota AFL Grand Final, should the Western Bulldogs compete. Guaranteed Grand Final access is the major benefit of being an EJ Whitten Social Club member and the Club implores all members to add Social Club membership to their game day membership in 2010 to avoid any Grand Final disappointment.

All Priority Two (2) members who registered correctly between 3.00pm and 11.00pm will have a 2 in 3 chance to a Grand Final ticket. A randomised draw will take place (supervised by the Western Bulldogs) on Saturday 19 September for those who registered in the Priority Two registration period. Successful and non-successful applicants will be published via www.westernbulldogs.com.au and www.ticketek.com.au by 9am Monday 21 September.

Please note if you did not register your intention to purchase a Grand Final ticket or are an unsuccessful registrant and have consequently missed out, the Western Bulldogs Business Development Team has Grand Final packages available for purchase by calling 03 9680 6302 .

IMPORTANT: Members should NOT call the Club to see if you have been successful as staff will not be able to advise

Happy Days
18-09-2009, 04:07 PM

Wow that's great news.

Still every chance of getting stiffed though.

bulldogtragic
19-09-2009, 01:48 AM
a waste of $5.

LostDoggy
19-09-2009, 02:43 AM
A waste of $10.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 08:47 PM
A waste of $25. But will do it again next year.

mighty_west
20-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I hope i have to pay $5.00 every year.

Max469
20-09-2009, 09:14 PM

same

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 09:32 PM
I would prefer $285 every year...

strebla
20-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Happily do it again I did it last year and I hope to do it this year!!!!