03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Updated, rumor was way off.

Mantis
03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Updated, rumor was way off.

I hope you learned your lesson.

The Coon Dog
03-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I think the team was pretty much as expected.

GVGjr
03-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I've cleaned off a few posts. JH40 just be a bit more careful next time.

G-Mo77
03-09-2009, 06:05 PM
As expected. I hope the kids that are dropped aren't to disheartned.

comrade
03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Geelong

B: Darren Milburn, Matthew Scarlett, Corey Enright
HB: Tom Harley, Harry Taylor, Andrew Mackie
C: Joel Corey, Cameron Ling, James Kelly
HF: Jimmy Bartel, Cameron Mooney, Travis Varcoe
F: Mathew Stokes, Tom Hawkins, Paul Chapman
Foll: Mark Blake, Joel Selwood, Gary Ablett
I/C: Brad Ottens, Shannon Byrnes, Max Rooke, David Wojcinski
Emg: Simon Hogan, Ryan Gamble, Shane Mumford

In: Chapman, Varcoe
Out: Ryan Gamble, Simon Hogan

Playing an underdone Chappy smells of desperation to me.

Mantis
I think the team was pretty much as expected.

Yep.

Bar Williams this is the best team we could have selected, Griff might be a little under-done, but we have gotten a few games into Gia, Higgins & Murf and Cross has had a game so we should be cherry ripe to put in a good performance.

bulldogtragic
Tough calls, but probably the right calls. I hope Reid takes the relegation as an opportunity to imrpove with us next year, not as an excuse to leave. I really like what i'm seeing from Reid. But back to topic, I think this team (switched on) can win and get a week off. It's a bloody good side.

Mantis
03-09-2009, 06:15 PM

Rooke was rumoured to have a thigh injury as well, in watching a bit of their game last week he couldn't run so he must be in some doubt.

bulldogtragic
03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Geelong

They don't seem to learn from bringing Chapman back early do they. He may tear us to shreds, but he may re-injure himself and end his year. I'm happy to see him in the side at this stage.

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Varcoe wasn't expected back this early.

Was he?

bornadog
03-09-2009, 06:24 PM
If you look at every line, Geelong has a very experienced team.

Sedat
03-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Rooke and Wojo are the two others under injury clouds for the Cats - they will both be given fitness tests tomorrow to see if they come up.

bornadog
03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Rooke and Wojo are the two others under injury clouds for the Cats - they will both be given fitness tests tomorrow to see if they come up.

so possible for Hogan and gamble to be back in.

comrade
03-09-2009, 06:33 PM
So by my count the Cats have the following guys who are either underdone or genuinely carrying a niggle: Rooke, Wojo, Chapman, Varcoe, and Ottens.

Rooke and Wojo are doubtful, Chapman’s chronic hammy could go ping anytime, Varcoe has a shoulder injury which will make tackling inside 50 difficult and Ottens had to play his comeback game in heavy, wet conditions last week.

For Bulldogs, it’s the following: Griffen, Hudson , Cross and Gia.

Griffen should be cherry ripe after an extra week’s rest, as should Hudson and Cross didn’t miss a beat in his comeback game. The only real concern is Gia, who has struggled to adjust to the pace after an extended lay off, but hopefully with 2 games behind him he should be primed to have an influence.

As far as a fit and firing 22, I think we’re better placed.

Sedat
03-09-2009, 06:42 PM
So by my count the Cats have the following guys who are either underdone or genuinely carrying a niggle: Rooke, Wojo, Chapman, Varcoe, and Ottens.
Harley as well

Mantis
03-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Agree.

Been reading on various forums the reasons for Geelong's slump (??) since rd 14. Yeah they have had some injuries, but the strong feeling is that they have switched off because they have had nothing to play for, perhaps, but we were in the same position last year. We couldn't flick the 'on' switch when we met a fired up Haw in the 1st week of the finals and I am hoping that are strong form over the past 3 weeks will hold is in good stead this week.

bornadog
03-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Rooke and Wojo are doubtful, Chapman’s chronic hammy could go ping anytime, Varcoe has a shoulder injury which will make tackling inside 50 difficult and Ottens had to play his comeback game in heavy, wet conditions last week.

For Bulldogs, it’s the following: Griffen, Hudson , Cross and Gia.

Griffen should be cherry ripe after an extra week’s rest, as should Hudson and Cross didn’t miss a beat in his comeback game. The only real concern is Gia, who has struggled to adjust to the pace after an extended lay off, but hopefully with 2 games behind him he should be primed to have an influence.

Gia has to fire up, since the first quarter against Geelong he has been very poor.

dsiciliano83
03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Geelong still have a very very good side, looking over their team sheet. Every line has exceptional quality. Our very best will beat them, in fact our best will beat any side IMO.

Gia will fire, your second game back after injury, they say is always your worst, and thats past, so he'll be right to go.

Cant Wait for Saturday, but very nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sedat
03-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Gia has to fire up, since the first quarter against Geelong he has been very poor.
With his injury lay-off, he probably didn't have the chance to load up on the training when the rest of the squad did. Hopefully the 2 games under his belt prior to the finals will sharpen him up for September.

Topdog
03-09-2009, 07:24 PM

He stood up against Geelong in the last qtr too. We were going at 100 miles an hour and he made us slow down after taking a mark. After that our team settled down.

But he was very poor last week. Suspect he will have a much better game on Sat.

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 07:36 PM
In my opinion, there isn't any excuses for a loss.

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
We've gone for experience in selecting Griffen and Hudson over Reid and Everitt. I've always thought Reid is bound for the Gold Coast. Being dropped from this game could be another reason? I just hope he doesn't leave. Anyways, let's win on Saturday :)

Carn The Scray!

The Coon Dog
03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I've always thought Reid is bound for the Gold Coast. Being dropped from this game could be another reason?

So where does he play next year?

He's out of contract at the end of this season. We or any other club is hardly likely to sign him just for one year.

GVGjr
03-09-2009, 08:46 PM
So where does he play next year?

He's out of contract at the end of this season. We or any other club is hardly likely to sign him just for one year.

Brisbane might be just what he wants and that way he doesn't necessarily need to play for the GC.

azabob
03-09-2009, 09:07 PM
. I've always thought Reid is bound for the Gold Coast.

Moving forward as in next year I dont see why Reid couldn't play more games than he doesn't. IMO he is in our best 25 and If he puts in a massive pre season gets an early game you just never know.
I would really hate to lose him. I think he offers the club a lot moving forward.

hujsh
03-09-2009, 09:10 PM
If I were Reid I'd consider signing with the Dogs for one more year to try and crack the team. If he can't cement a spot and feels he deserves more opportunities the Gold Coast will be waiting. If he can cement a spot then he's a regular member of a top four side and should be happy unless he wants more money, in which case the Gold Coast will again be available.

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Geelong

Happy Chappy is playing off in the first quarter .... Hamstring again 21 players

Cyberdoggie
03-09-2009, 10:10 PM
There was a guy on SEN on league teams that said he was a contruction worker on the stand Kardinia Park. He watched training and said Chappy was proppy, and Rooke would miss for sure as he couldn't move.

I guess we'll see.

G-Mo77
03-09-2009, 10:15 PM
There was a guy on SEN on league teams that said he was a contruction worker on the stand Kardinia Park. He watched training and said Chappy was proppy, and Rooke would miss for sure as he couldn't move.

I guess we'll see.

The key word there is SEN. I expect to see both of them playing on Saturday.

The Coon Dog
03-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Brisbane might be just what he wants and that way he doesn't necessarily need to play for the GC.

Agree, but Arkie said he always felt Reid would go to the Gold Coast.

LostDoggy
03-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Reid looked extremely sore last week, he could hardly run at the end of the game.
If he is injured maybe this has softened the blow of him missing out?
Hope he stays at the kennel.

alwaysadog
04-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Agree, but Arkie said he always felt Reid would go to the Gold Coast.

At the TopDogs dinner some 6 weeks ago he was adamant that he was staying. He was asked about the GC and said it had little or no appeal.

I sure he's disappointed but if a realist he knew it was going to happen. If he were an established player I could understand some angst about being dropped.

When he reflects on his season I suspect he will agree that he has made excellent progress and showed that he can play at this level.

Why go elsewhere when he is so close to getting a regular spot in a top team where he has friends, feels at home and is appreciated? I'm not sure that many sides chasing him can offer that.

FrediKanoute
04-09-2009, 01:42 AM
Geelong

I thought he did ok against us last time.

Desipura
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM

What would you ask in exchange for Reid going to Brisbane? Tom Collier type or a draft pick?

GVGjr
04-09-2009, 09:12 AM
What would you ask in exchange for Reid going to Brisbane? Tom Collier type or a draft pick?

I don't know their list well enough but it would have to be a decent player or something like a 2nd round draft pick.

There is still a very good chance that Reid will stay. The article on Dogs Day is a good one.

Desipura
04-09-2009, 09:35 AM
There is still a very good chance that Reid will stay. The article on Dogs Day is a good one.

Too true, I saw Reid getting out of the Quest apartments on Kororoit Creek Road Williamstown yesterday. I would have much preferred that he was living in a house settled with a woman.

w3design
04-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I would hope Sam stays, he had an interrupted pre-season and will be a very good chance of playing most games next year with a full pre-season under his belt. He could replace Eagleton or even Hahn is the side.

On topic, Geelong side on paper looks very good with only Steve Johnson missing. Injured players are their main concern (I think they're rolling the dice and hoping to pinch the win). I hope we hit them hard physically in the first quarter and then run them off their legs. Accuracy in front of goal is, again, going to be very important.

Rocket Science
04-09-2009, 10:43 AM

Bradd Dalziell holds some appeal...though I'd rather Reid stayed.

bulldogsman
04-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Bradd Dalziell holds some appeal...though I'd rather Reid stayed.

Dalziell is home sick and wants to move back to WA.