PDA

View Full Version : Age: Cats foxing

Stefcep
04-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Just read this:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/cats-are-foxing-now-its-time-for-the-dogs-to-be-running-scared/2009/09/03/1251570799661.html

This week we've been talking a lot about this year being the year of the dog, lots of exuberance, dare I say an element of expectation and...... cockiness. Are we under-estimating the Cats. Personally i think this will be the toughest game we play all year, GF included if we get there. what do people think?

comrade
04-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Just another mug punter going by his gut rather than backing his pick with factual analysis.

mjp
04-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Just read this:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/cats-are-foxing-now-its-time-for-the-dogs-to-be-running-scared/2009/09/03/1251570799661.html

This week we've been talking a lot about this year being the year of the dog, lots of exuberance, dare I say an element of expectation and...... cockiness. Are we under-estimating the Cats. Personally i think this will be the toughest game we play all year, GF included if we get there. what do people think?

Depends what you mean by tough? There is a 2nd chance for the loser of this one...

Really, the press love us at the moment because we have won 3 in a row against other final 8 teams...until a month ago however, we had hardly beaten a top 8 side all year.

To me, this is a 'no-bet' game. There are too many unknowns with the fitness of key players - especially Griffen for us and Chapman for them - and even more unknowns when it comes to the two sides playing at this venue....

Topdog
04-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah I love to bet too much so I went with either team under 24.5 as I think it will be a close game either way.

I think if we don't get off to a slow start and can keep up with a fired up Geelong in the 1st we should win. I'm a bit baffled by the constant "no excuses" kind of talk going around. If we lose it will be because Geelong are still a damned good side and I must say I am a little worried about dropping Reid who has done a fantastic job of stopping gun players recently.

Excited and nervous.

LostDoggy
04-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Who the hell is this guy, never heard of him.

Sockeye Salmon
04-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Right now, to win the premiership we need to win 3 in a row.

If we lose tomorrow, to win the premiership we will need to win 3 in a row.

Sedat
04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Really, the press love us at the moment because we have won 3 in a row against other final 8 teams...until a month ago however, we had hardly beaten a top 8 side all year.
Conversely, Geelong has only beaten one other fellow top 8 team (Adelaide, by 2 points at the Cattery) since Round 10. All this talk about Geelong being trained up to the minute is interesting - sounds a bit like us in 2008. I guess all the questions on both teams will be answered tomorrow.

mjp
04-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Forget Geelong. Did you see what Adelaide just did to Essendon?

Wow.

boydogs
05-09-2009, 12:07 AM

Wow.

I didn't think Essendon were much opposition though. 3 suspensions from last week, played with no ruckman, have been shocking on the road lately

AndrewP6
05-09-2009, 12:08 AM
I didn't think Essendon were much opposition though. 3 suspensions from last week, played with no ruckman, have been shocking on the road lately

Agreed, they didn't/couldn't put up much of a fight...

boydogs
05-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Agreed, they didn't/couldn't put up much of a fight...

Reminded me of our games against Port & Hawthorn. Essendon's 10 wins shows their inconsistency. I only picked Adelaide to win by 5 goals thinking they would shut up shop in the second half, its just that the opposite occurred

AndrewP6
05-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Reminded me of our games against Port & Hawthorn. Essendon's 10 wins shows their inconsistency. I only picked Adelaide to win by 5 goals thinking they would shut up shop in the second half, its just that the opposite occurred

Watched the game with a mate from work, who is a Bombers fan... he was very quiet after half time!...

bornadog
05-09-2009, 08:30 AM

Wow.

Essendon were lucky to play finals, they couldn't even win half their home and away games, which makes the final 8 a joke.

Sockeye Salmon
05-09-2009, 09:28 AM

Wow.

And the reason I was happy to finish 3rd rather than 4th.

The loser of Sunday's game has a real chance of going out in straight sets.

mjp
05-09-2009, 10:36 AM
And the reason I was happy to finish 3rd rather than 4th.

The loser of Sunday's game has a real chance of going out in straight sets.

Totally agree.

For those of you dismissing Essendon, blaming suspensions etc - it wasn't that they won - it was that Essendon simply could not get the ball.

Whoever beats them is going to be on their game.

Desipura
05-09-2009, 10:42 AM
A number of posters believe we just have to rock up to win today. This will be a tough game against the best team (win/loss ratio) in the last 3 years. I am very nervous, not that I do not think we will win, its just that for me the season has only just begun.

Topdog
05-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Agree 100% with Sockeye and MJP. 3rd meant not having to face Adelaide in week 2.

bornadog
05-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Agree 100% with Sockeye and MJP. 3rd meant not having to face Adelaide in week 2.

If you want to win the premiership, doesn't matter who you play.