PDA

View Full Version : The Crows

Dry Rot
05-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Finally tonight I saw the new look Crows. Impressive but against shit opposition.

Are they the real deal?

AndrewP6
05-09-2009, 01:18 AM
I reckon down here they won't look as flash (and against decent opposition)

G-Mo77
05-09-2009, 01:21 AM
I reckon down here they won't look as flash (and against decent opposition)

They looked pretty flash against Carlton last week.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2009, 01:22 AM
They've been comfortably beaten by three of them haven't they? Saints, Dogs and Pies?

They won way back in Round 1 vs. Collingwood but the Magpies are a far superior side to that one and overcame the Crows at Aami Stadium later in the year. They got very close to Geelong down at Skilled, though.

I wouldn't say they are the real deal yet. It all hinges on next week's performance. A win - and they're a great chance. If they lose, '09 will be put down to a good year but one which has them a few pegs behind the leading four.

It can change very quickly. An extra two days break helps as well.

AndrewP6
05-09-2009, 01:24 AM
They looked pretty flash against Carlton last week.

Carlton are Jekyll and Hyde... great one week, shite the next...

G-Mo77
05-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Question is, should we win who would you rather face, Collingwood (they'l lose) or Adelaide.

Playing the Crows in another Prelim scares the shit outa me.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Question is, should we win who would you rather face, Collingwood (they'l lose) or Adelaide.

Playing the Crows in another Prelim scares the shit outa me.

I wouldn't discount the Pies. They've been extremely good over the last 13 weeks for the most part. It was only a week ago that everybody thought of them as the new potential flag favourite.

All three would be difficult opponents if they made it to the PF.

That includes us. Plenty of work to be done yet.

G-Mo77
05-09-2009, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't discount the Pies. They've been extremely good over the last 13 weeks for the most part. It was only a week ago that everybody thought of them as the new potential flag favourite.

All three would be difficult opponents if they made it to the PF.

That includes us. Plenty of work to be done yet.

I put $20 on St. Kilda by 39.5 or more. I expect to have an extra $100 come Sunday evening

dog town
05-09-2009, 08:31 AM
I would prefer to avoid them but none of them, stkilda or collingwood really fill me with confidence as an opponent. The effectiveness of the zone the crows employed last night worries me a great deal. Still have to get past one of the greatest sides of all time today :o I suppose thats why they are so hard to win.

Topdog
05-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I put $20 on St. Kilda by 39.5 or more. I expect to have an extra $100 come Sunday evening

I suspect you will lose. The Adelaide / Essendon high / low for scores for the finals was a very good bet and a heck of a lot safer.

Go_Dogs
05-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Crows are looking very good but are going to face a huge challenge next weekend, regardless of opponent. I think they have to be given respect as a contender, definitely.

LostDoggy
05-09-2009, 10:43 AM
The crows do truly scare the absolute sh*t out of me going into such a big finals series. The only thing I can see a positive for everyone else, is they beat Collingwood at the G round 1, but..they havent beaten any other top 4 side for the rest of year. They are a 10 goal+ better side against Essendon though, so I think its hard to judge them on last nights good performance.

Depends what happens this week..Collingwood match up well against them, so they would prob lose. But if StKilda lose this week, StKilda/Adelaide is going to be a blockbuster!

G-Mo77
05-09-2009, 11:15 AM
I suspect you will lose. The Adelaide / Essendon high / low for scores for the finals was a very good bet and a heck of a lot safer.

Wasn't Adelaide over 39.5 only something like $2.50. I'm pretty confident with my bet on the Saints this week.

LostDoggy
05-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Wasn't Adelaide over 39.5 only something like $2.50. I'm pretty confident with my bet on the Saints this week.

They were $1.90. Got them in a multi

Topdog
05-09-2009, 12:00 PM

Yeah $1.90 but Adelaide to have the highest score of the round and Essendon to have the lowest was close to $5

G-Mo77
05-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah $1.90 but Adelaide to have the highest score of the round and Essendon to have the lowest was close to $5

Did you take it? :)

Topdog
05-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Tried to but didn't have funds in my account. Hopefully the Saints win by more than 39 and keep Collingwood to under 70, that way I won't be pissed off :)

Throughandthrough
06-09-2009, 12:21 AM
I actually went to the Crows game.

Why?

a: Son was playing mini-league @ half time
b: I had free tickets

Items of note

I watched until about the 20 minute mark if the first quarter when we had to get organised
My son was playing in the Essendon jumpers
We (Essendon...won by 1 point)
I went home as soon as he had finished, and pulled in the drive way as the siren sounded.

Thank feck i didn't stay and put up with that amazing wank fest of self loving one eyed bandwaggoners...

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=Throughandthrough;111421]I actually went to the Crows game.

Why?

a: Son was playing mini-league @ half time
b: I had free tickets

Items of note

I watched until about the 20 minute mark if the first quarter when we had to get organised
My son was playing in the Essendon jumpers
We (Essendon...won by 1 point)
I went home as soon as he had finished, and pulled in the drive way as the siren sounded.

Thank feck i didn't stay and put up with that amazing wank fest of self loving one eyed bandwaggoners.........chardonnay drinking, mindless, uneducated, crow-eating, ahead-of- themselves, fruit-tingle, dickheads.